Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

Ha - well I didn't mean that I'm ACTUALLY a terrible mother. Maybe all of the potty training websites should just include a couple additional questions: "did you just have a new baby?", "do you have any cross-country travel plans in the next month?", and "do YOU want to potty train your kid right now?"

She totally peed 2x on the potty at school yesterday and peed on it again all by herself this morning, though! I'm a solid MAYBE for training her this weekend

Nothing much else new here! She's a talking, singing machine these days. This morning she serenaded us all with "Yellow Submarine" at the breakfast table. Also, totally has bath hatred again, so we might have to go back to the pool one of these days to show her how water is fun. Older sister showing her and trying showers were both total fails. So basically we just avoid the bath until it's super necessary, and then just go super-fast to have as little crying/screaming as possible! Kids these days!

2. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: right? The "signs of readiness" should be family-wide for sure.

I always think that bath hatred would be the worst! That's one thing that we haven't gone through yet and I love that I can count on bath time to let them play (although the fighting can get messy)

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@KayKay: That's so great she did it all by herself! Definitely sounds like she's ready.

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@KayKay: good luck! We need to just rip off the band aid one of these days. Ryan goes all day at school and strips naked to go at home too.

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@KayKay: Oh I am totally not ready to potty train either... I also plan to not really do a 3 day method and just go with her flow first and see what happens. If she is stubborn like her daddy, she will want to do this her own way anyway! While I am completely stick of changing her nasty stinky poop diapers, I love the rest of diapering haha.

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: Yay awesome that she did it all by herself!!!!!! We just followed G's signs and didn't follow a method!

Now she closes the door and says "Give me my privacy!"

Great........

7. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: Did you decide to potty train this weekend?

8. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mrsf: hahaha -- big fat NOPE! i did try to bribe her to pee on the potty with m&ms and when that didn't work i knew we were still a ways away from doing it

@faithfertility: oh, E has already learned ALLLLL about "privcee" from older sister she constantly tells me to "mooooove back!" and then shuts the door.

9. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: the only reason i tried (my interpretation of) the 3-day method was because i didn't want it dragging on forever! if i was going to do it, i just wanted it done!

10. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: Just curious! I think it's smart to hold off if it's not working easily. J has been peeing on the potty more but I just don't think he ever thinks about it unless he happens to be in the bathroom or M is going (or he wants to stall for time).

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: these kids

12. snowjewelz

I just now ordered pull ups (had too many regular diapers to go through first). so it's easier to change her pee diaper! She lately does not ever want to change so hopefully this helps and is step 0.0001 towards potty training? Hah!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Yay!!!! Hope it helps and is quick and easy!!!!

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

G told me this morning
    "Dont torture him!"
    As I was trying to get AJ to do tummy time and he was crying.........lol
    Where do they come up with this stuff

Also AJ got meds and one is a steroid
    She told her sitter "Mama gives AJ steroids!" this morning......bahaha

15. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Getting her to lay down these days is a very annoying task haha! Lately she stalls for everything!

They hear something ONCE and they remember it... It's scary! We don't curse so we don't have to worry about that but she def repeats random things we say during normal conversation and we're like... What?!

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh yeah if G doesnt want to do something it is not fun....lol

Yes no cursing here but man they still can talk...lol
    I scratched her hand at the park actually saving her from flying off a slide
    First thing she says when DH got home...
    Daddy Mommy scratched me!!!
    Really kid?!?!

17. winniebee

@FaithFertility: @snowjewelz: yeesh! Um yeah Ryan has taken to saying Shit and then looking at me for a reaction....!!!!!

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: bahaha sorry but his face is so cute
    So picturing him

19. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Haha she's got a great memory!

@winniebee: Haha! I still don't understand how they know inherently that it's bad!

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: yes she does!

21. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: K has a great memory for useful things for her... Like knowing where I hide my phone/iPad... Where snacks are... If we had promised her a special treat or something... We'd think she forgot but nope!

22. winniebee

@snowjewelz: he knows it's bad because I say it when soemthing bad happens lol

23. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: M has a great memory too. About 3:30pm, he starts grabbing his shoes to go outside because he knows we usually go everyday around 4pm!

We had our 1st screaming tantrum where I actually had to leave the coffee shop today. He got mad over something and was all downhill from there...to the point where he was so worked up, he made himself throw up.

24. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: lol, Ethan will say 'chit' after we say it. We REALLY need to work on removing the swear words from our vocabulary.
    @AngelicOne: Oh no! How awful.

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@AngelicOne: ohhohh no, it's awful and I'm sorry!

26. snowjewelz

@AngelicOne: aww poor babe!

27. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

K will definitely say, "oh my god. Shit," which I didn't even realize I said.

28. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@angelicone: ugh - those are the worst! i now know/realize that every other parent there will be sympathizing with you and not judging you (well, mostly...!), but still. hugs! for both of you!

@snowjewelz: E goes to montessori preschool and they change them standing up with regular diapers. she always wants me to do that now, and i'm not good at it at all -- it's always crooked! but i'm too cheap to buy pull-ups yet...

@faithfertility: hahahaha. serious LOLz over here for that one!

29. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@KayKay: I know, it just sucked because a lot of people conduct business at the coffee shop, so I got out of there as quickly as possible LOL. He woke up from his nap with a fever, so think he is trying to come down with something.

30. snowjewelz

@KayKay: Oh yeah I cannot do it standing up... I feel like I can't tell if it's tight enough, crooked, etc either! I just got 2 small boxes with a Target deal to start with... I gotta see if they're just as absorbent since she can soak a diaper with 1 pee!

@AngelicOne: K just just cranky pants right after a nap anyway. I feel like these days when I see a tantruming kid I have nothing but empathy! If my kids are not with me I almost want to run up to the parent and offer help b/c I can sooo feel their pain!

31. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm so tired of overnight diaper leaks. We have pulled out the overnight diapers, but I'm still changing sheets at least three nights a week. We only have three pairs of pajamas that fit right now and three sheets for the crib. I'm over the extra laundry!

The good news? She's slept until 6:30a three days in a row, I've had to wake her up each morning! WIN!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Sorry for all the pee! No fun!!!! Glad she is sleeping better!
    I'm quickly realizing when you have 2 you truly never havehave a break..... lol
    If it isn't one its the other, we had maybe 2-3 weeks where it was bliss!!!!!!
    G sick, now AJ sick, G wakes up MOTN, Now AJ does again..... lol
    Poor AJ was up all hours DH helped me and has to work 6-6 with a training from 6-8....p.m. Poor dude!!!

33. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: yeah nope no break! my only break is when K1 is either at daycare of someone took her out, and then if K2 is also napping (like the last 2 hours or so). But then I'm on the computer paying bills and what not...

34. winniebee

@FaithFertility: yep no breaks, never! i was always so jealous of when everyone in this group was on maternity leave with #1 and I was in the trenches with 2 at home Ty goes to school every day now and Ryan only goes 4 days so Friday afternoon nap time is my only real ME time all week. And i fold laundry and watch The Affair

35. winniebee

@MamaG: glad to hear she's sleeping a little later. what brand are you using? we've had luck with buggies overnights. Ryan is sleeping a little less overall and it has been a total bummer!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Yes, even though G Is Back at her sitters thus week it's just me and AJ when he naps I clean or prep for tonight so when I pick her up our lives are a little easier....lol

37. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@faithfertility: it's worse with 3! obviously

E was totally out of her mind (like sobbing through the whole bedtime routine and in bed asleep by 630p!) Monday night, but I thought it was just from not napping at school. Then she woke up totally out of it Tuesday morning and didn't eat any breakfast, so I finally thought to take her temperature -- 103. So she is home from school 2 days (has to be fever free unmedicated for 24h before returning). Luckily K and R seem clear so far, but I was fever-y/achy last night, and of course that was R's worst night of sleep, like, ever! Plus DH has a long day plus a meeting plus on-call tonight, so he couldn't help. UGH! This is when I really wish we lived closer to family because i have ZERO backup.

@mamag: no help, really. we always sized up when overnight pee leaks started, but i assume you've already tried that! that's a lot of laundry, though!

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: man sorry! I have family right around the corner and ZERO help... it sucks!

39. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: We have some Pampers Overnights that are left over from C - because I was a FTM and didn't deviate from them EVER! But K has lots of Huggies, and they actually work better for her generally. All of that to say that I did order some Huggies overnights from Amazon and they are being delivered Saturday. I hope they are my miracle.

@KayKay: I didn't think to size up. My big girl is already wearing 6's all of the time, I don't think they make 7's. She has plenty of room in the 6's. I think it's just a volume issue in that she is certainly starting to hold her bladder longer. And since she's a tummy sleeper, the front of the diaper is loaded, but the bum is completely dry

40. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Sometimes I think back and I wonder what I did with all that time with just 1 newborn, haha! But I was def very overwhelmed too as a FTM

@FaithFertility: Haha yeah I clean like crazy and do laundry while she's gone too... So much faster for me to do these things without her "help"

@KayKay: AHH I hope everyone else is in the clear! I'm so sorry!

@MamaG: We've been using Target overnight one size up but have been noticing more leaks but I think it's b/c we either don't put the diaper on right or sometimes she just drinks too much milk.. I actually just ordered Huggies overnight since it was on sale!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee