Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@KayKay: the issue is that if the school is closed, there is no before or after care unfortunately! I've tried all the babysitters I have contacts for! A few are in HS so hoping they respond when they get out of school today....

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: bad timing! I hope the snow isn't as bad as predicted and they can go to school! Back up options, maybe you have a friend that could go with you? Sit in waiting room if R gets bored?

Prayers for a great scan/day!

I am in LOVE with this age! She is something else!
    My favorite thing right now is her getting excited over AJ!
    She used to want him to hold things/grab things she gave him and I would say "He can't hold it yet"
    Now he does and she will come to me yelling "Mama AJ is holding it, or AJ grabbed it!" So fun!
    Or "Mama AJ do no how walk.... One day though!"
    hahah because that is what I say!

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@winniebee: Just saw that you got a sitter! Hopefully she has no problems coming to/from? We're expecting a snow day tomorrow too!

K has already been home the last two school days b/c of her fever... I am annoyed b/c DH took her to the dr on Mon but they didn't do flu swap (I thought they'd just do it so I didn't remind him to ask). And then we didn't have time to bring her back in. Fever has been on and off... With runny nose, some coughing. Dr said if it's not gone by Fri to bring her in again.

Super hard this week to take care of a sick CRANKY toddler and also keeping baby away from her! So done with winter!

And today is like 60 degrees... I took her out on a walk/playground twice, it's crazy!

What I love most now is hearing her logic behind things lol. Her questions/answers/observations are so unexpected sometimes!

4. winniebee

@snowjewelz: it's our across the street neighbor so the commute shouldn't be bad

5. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Oh hahahaha thats the perfect solution when there's a snow storm! I just hope you can travel in and out safely! Prayers for tomorrow I think I might cry when you give birth, and I didn't cry with either girls, lol!

6. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: sending you lots of and today!!

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: thinking of you guys!!

8. winniebee

Everything was fine!!!

9. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: Glad to hear (read?) !!
    @snowjewelz: Hope K is doing better soon!! E was sick for 3 days this weekend, and then DH. Hoping to have all the sickness gone before baby comes, I can't imagine! Hopefully K2 stays healthy for you!!

10. snowjewelz

@winniebee: so so happy for you!!

@josina: ugh she still has a fever... 5 days now. Today is a snow day so we gotta bring her back tomorrow...

11. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Yay! I've been thinking of you today Such wonderful news

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Yay, amazing news!!!!! So incredibly happy for you!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Ohh poor babe!

14. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

You guuuyyyyys... we have the plague. DH, M and I all have fevers, body aches, vomiting - the works, for the past 2 days. Somehow J still seems totally fine for the moment. He's just kind of like "what happened to my people??" My mom has offered to come up and help but it seems crazy to expose her to this so we're just doing ALL the screentime and whatever else works. My OB sent me to urgent care yesterday for some IV fluids, zofran and a flu test (which was negative) before this giant snowstorm hit. I'm feeling bad for all of our kids who seem to battle viruses all the time - I forgot how terrible it feels to have fevers / chills

Unfortunately I was supposed to work overnight tonight, which I obviously cannot do, but I feel terrible. It's SO not ok to call out sick during a major snowstorm, especially a night shift. I almost want to put out an SOS facebook post just so my coworkers know I'm legitimately sick!

15. snowjewelz

@MrsF: oh boo! I would think they def don't want you at work anyway if you are so sick!

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: I know. It's just hard because we're always so short-staffed and our whole staff is over 100 nurses (28 bed ICU), so it's hard to think about an individual person rather than just "ugh - so and so called out sick in the middle of a blizzard - we're totally screwed!"

17. snowjewelz

@MrsF: I can see how ppl can see if as a cop out You should post on FB about how sick you all are

18. winniebee

@MrsF: oh NO! You don't seem like the type to call out, so I hope they understand. Feel better!!

19. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Poor girl.
    @MrsF: Sorry you're all sick! This month has been brutal for everyone I think!

20. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mrsf: oh man i'd totally pull a "fighting the plague with DH and M *while pregnant* is not my idea of a relaxing snow day" or similar for a social media post. just in case anyone wanted to be a jerk about it!

hope you guys hang in there. i agree it's hard to know when to call in help in those situations since you don't want to expose more people! watch all the movies. drink all the ginger ale. eat all the saltines.

21. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I think we're at the point where I can't delay potty training anymore. We went out to dinner last night and K asked to go to the bathroom and sure enough she pooped and peed. I'm thinking we'll try no diapers next weekend. hopefully it's not too much of a disaster!

22. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: @MrsF: hope you guys are all starting to feel better!

23. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: If she's that ready, hopefully it will be super smooth!

@MrsF: Hope you guys are feeling better!

K is finally okay... 6 days of fever was no joke. But I'm glad she could fight it off without meds (had meds for fever of course). She is still pretty tired... Around noon right after lunch today she asked to go upstairs to nap herself and fell asleep right away.

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: Ohhh my goodness I am so sorry many healthy thoughts your way!!!!!

@snowjewelz: so glad she is feeling better

@Miss Ariel: Hope the PT went well this weekend

25. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@miss ariel: that's awesome! she definitely sounds ready. E is too, and I'm planning to do it once we get back from vacation (so first weekend of mar). although i did tell DH that if we potty-trained her ON vacation, at least it wouldn't be our carpet she was potentially peeing/pooping on haha

@snowjewelz: glad the plague is almost gone!

26. winniebee

@Miss Ariel: Nice! We have to be home next weekend so I'm thinking of going for it. He goes all day long at school but is much less consistent at home.

27. winniebee

@snowjewelz: glad she is doing better!!

28. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Miss Ariel: That's awesome, a bit jealous of the toddlers who are ready! We picked up a new on-the-toilet seat for E but he's not very interested. Hope it goes well!
    @snowjewelz: Poor K, glad she's on the mend and hope that's it for your family!
    E had the stomach flu, then DH, and I thought we were done, but step-daughter is home sick today. Boo! Baby is due any day now.

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: So exciting!!!

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Well #2 off to daycare.....I have a few days before I have meetings and back at it on the 21st!
    I didn't cry, but I am at home cleaning and keep thinking he is napping.....lol

31. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: Good job, momma! I'm a little envious of your couple days free.

I decided yesterday that I want to tackle painting our family room which currently has judge's paneling. I'm tired of it being so dark and I'm ready to brighten up the room. I found a great blog on it, but it's looking like it's going to take me a good solid 3-4 coats of paint and prep work. Their estimate was 38 hours of "work" spread out for dry time between coats. Where the heck am I going to get that sort of time to tear apart a room and keep kids out?

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I am so thankful for a few days to get the house in order....
    His clothes are a mess, he is in 9 month mostly....crazy So I need to go through their closets and organize so for the week it isn't so crazy trying to find clothes that fit.

I think we are going to do a Mommy Daddy G zoo trip this week, before the chaos starts!

I know once I am back full time and with 2 it is going to be busy!!

Hmm....is the room able to be blocked off?!? I find that is the biggest reason we wait to re-do things is the time!

33. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: it's actually the daycare part I'm more worried about. K is one of the oldest in her class so they don't normally go to the potty. I did talk to the director and she seemed kind of skeptical, saying things like, "is she waking up dry?" or "we can't take them more often than every 2 hours unless they ask themselves." We talked about a teacher from the older class taking her when they go, but I'm not sure it's happening. Worst case I might just use diapers at daycare and none at home...

34. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: I think J was wearing newborn pants this weekend still! Ha!

35. winniebee

@Miss Ariel: oh that's hard. When will she move to the next room? Maybe after you train she will ask more? R is in Montessori and they really push PT!

36. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@miss ariel: that's annoying! i'd probably still go for it -- once she gets the hang of it, every 2h (or more, if she asks) should be fine. maybe just get her some pull-ups or thicker training-style underpants for daycare the first few weeks, just in case?

37. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: they just moved a bunch of kids up in January hence the reason K is one of the oldest in her class, so I'd imagine not soon. But even in a diaper she'll ask, sometimes after the fact though, I'm just not sure if it happens at school as well.

38. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@KayKay: I actually just bought a box of pull-ups to try, but id imagine they'll be huge on her!

39. snowjewelz

@josina: Hope you guys stay healthy to welcome baby sister!

@FaithFertility: AJ is in 9 months?! Crazy! K2 is def chunkier than K1 too. Loving the rolls... I missed those! Everyone has been saying K1 looks different.. I think she's stretching out and looking a lot more girly!

@Miss Ariel: K wears size 5 during the day and size 6 at night; the 2-3T pull ups fit great on her. I started using a few here & there b/c it's easier than getting her to lay down every single time!

@MamaG: Preisdent's Day weekend is coming up... Can someone take both of them for a day and then the both of you tackle it all day/night?

40. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Sadly, I don't get President's day off. It's unheard of in my role to take time off in January/February (and March is even pushing it a bit). And DH works in the alcohol industry, so anything that even resembles a holiday = people want to drink = DH gets to work <----whiney.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee