Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: Bleh! I never get MLK but we get President's Day!

2. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Thanks, my step-daughter was back at school yesterday so still hoping I manage to sneak through w/o getting sick. Is K 100% yet?
    We're having a baby girl on Sunday, if not sooner.

3. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: K is still wearing size 4! So we'll see how it goes...

4. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: yeah!!! I'm so excited for you guys!

5. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@MamaG: @snowjewelz: we have almost no extra holidays off. Although since we were bought last year he now have Christmas Eve off.

6. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@josina: So exciting! Keep us posted

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Yes, AJ is a moose!!!!! G too definitely changing!

@josina: ughhh can't wait to see!!!!!!

8. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@josina: already!? man that was fast

9. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Miss Ariel: @MrsF: Thanks!
    @winniebee: It does fly by! Definitely ready to meet this little girl though.

10. snowjewelz

@josina: ahh! It's gonna be great! Crazy, I assure you, but great too ☺️ K is all good now besides a still runny nose! Apparently 2/3 of her class was out last week!

@Miss Ariel: Pull ups add expensive anyway, haha! I use them very sparingly!

@Miss Ariel: ugh! I guess they just have off the absolutely "mandatory" ones! And with kids and illness I hate using PTO!

11. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@miss ariel: E is still in size 4 day & night, and the 2T/3T ones are big but not ridiculous. Although she could probably size up to 5s; I'm just cheap and bought a bunch of 4s and am making her squeeze into them ha

all right, we're officially on the potty training wagon march 4-5 weekend we'll see how it goes. i'm not going to force it, so if it's not looking good after 2 days, we'll bail. but yesterday she apparently started pooping in her diaper at preschool, stopped and told her teachers, and then finished on the potty. so that seems promising!

@josina: yay! so excited for you and to "see" that sweet baby girl!

@snowjewelz: has K1 adjusted more to K2 now? or still being extra clingy?

we're heading to Park City on saturday for a week to ski. let me tell you how excited i am about flying with 3 kids and hauling ski gear + 3 car seats but grandparents will be around to help once we get there, so we just have to survive the travel. they better have some stiff drinks waiting for us

12. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@josina: Good luck on Sunday!

@KayKay: Have fun on your trip!

M's wearing 4's during the day & 5's in overnights. I just switched his shirts to 24m this weekend though. He's still wearing 18m pants since he's still on the short side.

13. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@KayKay: I'm a little jealous, of the skiing part at least, not necessarily the flying. Growing up we went skiing every year, but I haven't gone since college. Dh went once though and hated it, so it's going to be hard to ever convince him to go. Although I guess I could also be jealous of @winniebee: since I know you're always going but aren't flying to get there.

14. snowjewelz

@KayKay: She has adjusted beautifully! I mean, it's still mostly all about her and she is not super affectionate/interested in her baby sister but I would say she has fully adjusted otherwise. It's probably going to rock her world again a little bit when I go back to work, since she's so used to seeing me all the time

I hope you'll be able to have fun yourself and relax a little too!

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

The skiing soo jealous!!!!!
    @snowjewelz: Glad K is feeling better!!!!

G had a weird night crying every 30-45 mins
    I finally went in at like 12 to see what the heck was up she said she needed water and before I could leave was back asleep basically went on all night!?

She has all her teeth except her top molars?!

@winniebee wasn't R doing this?! I'm hoping it is teeth not a cold coming

She seems fine today! Heading to the zoo just me, her and DH! Last day before meeting and work next week!...Eek!

16. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: Zoo sounds like so much fun! Enjoy!
    E has been up MOTN the past couple nights too. Last night he wanted some milk, his pj bottoms off, and to lay in front of the fan. He might have some teeth coming in though.
    He has definitely been extra whiny/naughty the past couple days, maybe he knows change is coming.
    @AngelicOne: Thanks!
    @KayKay: Hope the trip goes well, flying and all!

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: awww I think they know the change you are on edge too ya know.!
    G was definitely clingy right before but that turned into a cold
    So excited for you!!!!!

18. winniebee

@FaithFertility: ugh that stinks! Yes he was up a lot a few weeks ago and two of his molars were coming in (but then he got a cold too!)...

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: bahhhh....

20. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: Teeth or ears would be my first instinct on G's sleep issue.

We are recycling cold germs around our house. K woke up early with a runny nose, just in time for Spring Picture day at school today.

21. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Have fun! We were at the dentist on Mon and all her teeth are in so we can no longer blame anything on teeth, hah!

@MamaG: I hope they wipe her nose before

Ugh so we were at the dentist on Mon for her 2nd check up and she has some plague on her top teeth... Cause she never opens wide enough for us to really get up there! So now we're doing baby style wiping after brushing too!

22. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@FaithFertility: M woke up right before 4am this morning crying too. I know he doesn't have his bottom molars, but I can never see the top, as he hates opening wide enough for me to see. What are these kids doing?

23. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: @AngelicOne: Both of my girls have been up earlier than they need to be the past two days. I'm not ready for a new normal early wakeup.

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: bahhhhh I just thought of time change coming.....

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@AngelicOne: yes it is a battle to get in there

26. winniebee

Last of the molars are cutting. Thank the good lord. Tyler didn't get them until 2.5+ and I just want them done!! Crabby city!!!

27. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: We have dentists appointments coming up in the next few weeks so I'm hoping to hear that all of his teeth are in. I hate wondering if it's teeth! He has some staining on his bottom teeth that I'm a little worried about too

@FaithFertility: Ugh - the time change... Mostly I'm really excited about it because I'm so sick of darkness and winter and being stuck inside, but obviously there are some down sides as well!

28. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

We're all still kind of recovering from this killer virus My flu test was negative but I'm pretty sure it was the flu. Almost 2 weeks later and I still feel like I can hardly move my muscles without a fight. Luckily the kids didn't get nearly as sick!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: so glad you're feeling better

30. snowjewelz

@MrsF: Her dentist said that as long as we're brushing/wiping, it shouldn't intensify and usually they never have to treat it before falling out. He was not one bit concerned so we just know to be more diligent in brushing up there! So glad you're at least on the mend.. Crazy that it pretty much was the flu without it being the actual flu!

Ugh DST the week I go back to work! Way to add yet another variable to the already hectic week!

31. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: that's good to hear that the dentist wasn't too concerned! Mom guilt over here Re: the flu - who knows? I was surprised to hear at urgent care (and then read the same thing on the CDC website) that the rapid flu test is only 50-70% accurate! Why bother? I hope that K is fully recovered by now!

32. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mrsf: glad you guys are finally on the mend. i can't believe how long you felt bad for!

so OF COURSE we fly out tomorrow afternoon and today at 1, i get the call from school that K had vommed on the walk back from the playground. took E home with me then, too, since i didn't want to have to drag R out 2x (had to wake him up as it was!) plus who knows if she would've been sick and not fit for car travel. anyways! she puked a couple more times at home, fell asleep, and hopefully (hopefully!) it's just a 24h bug that the rest of us won't get if i lysol enough. and hopefully it will either be gone or her stomach will be empty enough to suffer through a 3h flight! ugh.

on the plus side, it's 60 degrees outside so at least i could air out the house?

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: awful, prayers it's a short bug! Have fun!!!

34. snowjewelz

@MrsF: oh really... Well that's lame! I hope you feel better! It must really stink to feel so bleh

@KayKay: I hope it's a quick 24 hr bug! Of course they are always sick at the worst times!

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

G has a cold of course!!!
    Praying AJ stays healthy
    I am officially back to work Tuesday, no time to be sick kids!!!!!
    @snowjewelz: Yup, always at the worst times

36. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: we've yet to take K to the dentist, which considering I work for a dental insurance company is pretty awful! I did add her to our insurance in January so I'm basically out of excuses!

37. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: oh no! Hope she starts feeling better!

38. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Potty training update for the day, 3 out of 5 pees successfully on the potty! The very first time was a fail and the other happened when she was in time out. We had just sat on the potty 4 or 5 times unsuccessfully so when she again said she had to go I told her to wait till time out was over... To which she peed on the floor! Ha! But overall is say it's been pretty good. She's napping now, so we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

39. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: if he is still getting some mommy milk he should be fine!

@Miss Ariel: since we pay for family dental we might as well use it! And great job so far on the potty training! Sometimes I fee like mine will never want to haha. Good thing school said they will try with her if she is interested.

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: she is her old self just gross nose and a cough like always

@snowjewelz: 1 5oz bottle a day for now, thinking that might end when I go back...we will see!
    This time around has been HELL with BF and BM, I just don't respond to the pumppump and besides a great 2 week nurnursing spree he hates it

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee