Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@FaithFertility: You did what you could! I'm sure even that 1 bottle of BM is helping to boost his immune system! The only reason I am even more adamant this time to want to BF further than I did with K1 is b/c we already have to pay for 2 in daycare so I do not want to be buying formula!

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@KayKay: 😱😱😱😱

3. winniebee

@Miss Ariel: nice work!!

I started off the day trying to train ryan. He went a few times on the potty then pooped in his undies. So I three in the towel lol. I don't get it because he goes all day at school.

4. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: her one poop yesterday was on the floor. But we're 3 out of 4 for pees today. She normally poops in the afternoon so hopefully we make it today.

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I hear ya! BIL's fiancé is a pediatrician in Tampa so when they come down he brings whatever formula he has that we use So great!!!!!

@Miss Ariel: @winniebee: Best of luck!

6. winniebee

@Miss Ariel: I feel like ryan pees every hour lol! I should have caught it since he usually goes right after breakfast but I was busy trying to get us out the door. Oh well! I'm not particularly ready to train him so we will probably try again in a few months.

7. snowjewelz

@winniebee: K is so diff at school than at home! I won't be surprised if she is trained at a boo and not at home.

8. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: apparently it's the opposite for us too! I talked the the daycare director and she's yet to actually pee at daycare even though she'll do it at home. We'll see how today went, but I'm guessing not great...

9. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: Oh no! I hope that the rest of you stayed healthy!

@FaithFertility: Good luck on your first day back!

@Miss Ariel: Nice! J is still just occasionally peeing on the potty but I've been pretty lazy about it.

10. snowjewelz

Craziness.. I'm filling out forms for K for preschool Since our daycare is nestled within a special needs school, their preschool is integrated. I'm excited for her to not only SEE kids that are different in the hallways but to really grow with them too.

BUUUTTT director told me that there is no nap... She said that kids that stays for aftercare (after 2pm) will usually take a nap then if they need. But won't that be late? Can she drop a nap at 2 years 9 months?! Will she still nap on the weekends? Ah, the anxiety!

11. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm so not ready for K to drop her nap! Our daycare naps start at 1, so while 2 is late it should still work, hopefully!

12. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: The nap thing would be a deal breaker for me. Sorry. C napped routinely until she started her Pre-K program at 4. Even in her pre-K program she was offered a 40 minute rest period daily.

Without that nap she would have likely gone to bed earlier, but that doesn't really work for our lifestyle. K goes to bed now between 7:30 and 8:00, she gets woken up at 6:30 to start our day. She naps on average 90 minutes. If K had to drop her nap, she'd likely have to go to bed before 7:00 in the evening and we just can't manage that in our house.

13. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: I hope so too! She goes down right now at school or at home between 12:30-1 and we try to wake her up no later than 3 to keep a "normal" bed time. I'm afraid if she naps after 2 she will nap till like 3:30-4 and that makes for a super late bed time!

@MamaG: Yeah, I'm considering keeping her in the oldest toddler room (where she is now).... I'm just surprised they drop the nap for 3 year olds already. Granted Kara will be the youngest one there. Ugh I don't know... So conflicted! There IS opportunity for her to nap but potentially at the cost of a super late bed time. I guess she can drop the nap completely if she wants to... I am willing to put her to bed early but what if she's a cranky mess? Ugh, so confused!

14. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: I know I have weird sleepers. @winniebee: went through dropping naps on the young side with T. She might have a better perspective than I do. How is she napping now? I know it's 6 months away, but do you feel like her sleep needs are shifting?

15. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I started a post about this and apparently her school seems crazy for not doing nap time for 3 yr olds? I have no idea how she will be later! She may fight naps here and there but she needs it. But she has also survived with little or no nap...

16. winniebee

@snowjewelz: wow that is early to not have rest time! T stopped napping at school around 26 months. He stopped napping at home at 34 months. However, in ME, there is mandatory rest time for 3 year olds. Therefore in his preschool while he did not nap, he was required to "rest" and many children did and do actually sleep for at least an hour!

17. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: @snowjewelz: In Texas it's mandatory for 4 year olds But, I wonder if they are getting around it with the 2:00 end of day. I bet there is a number of hours of "school" required to require a rest time.

18. snowjewelz

@MamaG: @winniebee: So weird. I quickly looked up NYS rules and just skimming it, while it does say rest/quiet time is mandatory I didn't see it's per however many hours of care...

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Crazy!!!!!!

20. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: that is weird -- everywhere we have lived has had mandatory rest time too. In your case, id see if they could do a mid-year moveup and not worry about napping after that. If they can't, I'd probably still move up now and just do no nap/earlier bedtime (assuming your family can do that...I know some can't!). You can always do a short (15-20min) car nap during the transition to keep her from being miserable in the early evening. My kids have always adjusted to everything easier than I expected they would

21. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: I know the schedule you posted had quiet reading time, so maybe that meets the law of quiet time.

22. snowjewelz

@KayKay: that is true! and we are talking about sept, not next month so who knows. it's just I know most kids still nap till like 4-5 even, so to drop her nap when she isn't even 3 is kinda crazy...

23. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: K gave up her afternoon nap for good around 3.25-3.5 -- I just made her do 90min of quiet time while E napped for another 6-9m And I also have a couple friends who bail on afternoon naps around 2-2.5y with all of their kids so that they have more flexibility to do fun things and so they don't have to deal with the naptime fights. Then their kids just go to bed at like 6p for awhile!

24. snowjewelz

@KayKay: I kinda just want to be greedy and ask the director to hold her spot in pre-school but let me decide last minute lol!

25. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: worth a shot! We definitely hedged our bets with kindergarten decisions so that we don't have to decide for K until this month. And I'm already having to make decisions for 2018 summer with R in mind and he is only 2.5m!! Wtf! Haha

26. snowjewelz

@KayKay: seriously! all these things make my head spin!

It's been crazy b/c we are trying to put both of them in daycare for the least amount of time we can manage... So I have this whole spreadsheet about who drops off/picks up, who is watching who, till when, what days... Ahh!

27. winniebee

@snowjewelz: actually I know very few kids who napped after 3.5. Obviously that would take K through the end of the school year next year, but since she has lower sleep needs, I wouldn't be surprised if she started dropping it on her own by close to 3.

28. snowjewelz

@winniebee: I wouldn't mind her dropping it early as long as she can hang! I'll be happy to put her to be early!

29. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

How's everyone hanging on? It's March! Spring is right around the corner. Anything fun going on in March?

30. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@MamaG: we're home sick actually K woke up with a 103 temp yesterday. It was 101 this morning but dropped to normal after Tylenol. She prob could have gone to daycare, but wasn't sure.

As for March sadly nothing planned. I keep meaning to get K's haircut for the first time but keep putting it off.

31. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Miss Ariel: Oh, a first haircut. It's a big deal! We didn't get C's haircut for the first time until 2.5 years. I'm not sure when we will cut K's. It's certainly getting long and she wears pigtails everyday now. Her hair is just so wispy and fine.

Sorry K's sick, hopefully it doesn't drag into the weekend.

32. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@miss ariel: ugh! bummer! hope she feels better soon

@mamag: nothing much going in March for us. probably potty training and my mom is coming to visit for 10 days -- just a random trip, not for anything special. trying to get our landscaper lined up to start work on our yard once the permafrost is gone...does that count as exciting?

33. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@KayKay: Well landscaping might be exciting.

We are lining up contractors for roof replacement, chimney and siding repair and interior repairs related to a leak from the chimney - all courtesy of Texas hailstorms. It's probably as exciting as landscaping

Good luck potty training. I feel like we are never going to get there. K is getting pretty insistent on sitting on the potty before bath and in the morning, but she just SITS there! And refuses to move to the next task. Therefore all baths are now taken standing up and screaming POTTY! And she routinely is manhandled to get dressed while rolling around and screaming POTTY. Our day starts and ends dramatically.

34. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: Aww first hair cut! We are still just trimming at home!

K just went #1 in the potty for the first time ever yesterday! Daycare is full force potty training the other kids. They know K is younger so I'm just going to bring a potty there with pull-ups and I told her teacher to just follow her lead but don't pressure.

She has been mimicking us for a long time... Sitting down, getting a square of TP to wipe, throwing it into the toilet then flushing. Yesterday she suddenly urgently said she needed to pee, totally unlike normal times where she just wanted to tag along so we let her and she did it! But I am not expecting anything... I am fully toddler led here!

Follow up to preschool; we're gonna keep her in her current class till last least her birthday, and then see how she is with naps. At school she is always one of the firsts to wake up so she really may either drop nap or be able to take it later closer to 3.

March is a horrible month.. I go back to work in 2 weeks, our church is officially launching this Sunday... DST... It's all chaos for us!

35. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Good luck on the return to work and church. Hopefully it's all easier than anticipated. Hopefully you are at peace with the daycare/preschool situation and your plan works out wonderfully. Maybe potty training is on the horizon!

36. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Who is still in the crib? I don't have a strong desire to move K anytime soon, she sleeps mostly well and really isn't trying to escape. But she's now at the age when we moved C to a toddler bed so that's on my mind. C was also gearing up for potty training so I felt like she couldn't be in a crib and training. As luck would have it C NEVER goes to the bathroom during the night. So we didn't really need to correlate the crib transition with potty training.

37. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MamaG: Nothing exciting going on in March for us. We're planning a trip to MN probably next month, hopefully. M's still in his PnP (he never had a crib since we didn't have room). M's like K, so not sure when we'll move him to a big boy bed.

@Miss Ariel: M really needs a haircut too (he has one long curl in the back lol), but I can't bring myself to cut his curls just yet. Plus I doubt he'd sit still long enough to get it cut.

@snowjewelz: Good luck on the church & return to work!

38. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@miss ariel: E needs some sort of haircut too. it's just looking super-shaggy! but it's still not very thick.

@mamag: we moved E in january to the big girl bed (bottom bunk of the girls' shared room) so that R could have the crib. i was nervous bc she also slept really well and wasn't climbing out, but the transition went super smooth. maybe she'll surprise you!

we're only potty training because she basically insists on going to the potty at all of the times i'd have to take her anyways (wake up, before we leave for school, when we get to school, before bed, etc) soooo...might as well not have the diapers to worry about! i'd be happy to put it off forever if i could. or outsource it totally! haha

39. snowjewelz

@KayKay: Yesss I'm totally hoping daycare will just train her and I don't mind doing diapers at night!

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: We just re-did our counter tops and that is now leadingto a new Tile back splash (old one now has gaps between counter and tile) and hardware to match...always something!

@Miss Ariel: Hope K's fever is away! Good luck with PT!

@snowjewelz: awww K2 is that big already?! Going back so soon! Man time flies!!!!
    Best of luck with new Church!!!!!! Exciting!

@AngelicOne: can't believe he is still in PNP! That's awesome!

March for us means SPRING BREAK next weekend whoop whoop! We are headed to Animal Kingdom and Orlando next weekend! So excited!

I've been so busy back to work!
    AJ is doing great at daycare and G loves him there!
    It's going good, some days it is hard then others a breeze so I feel like it balances out....lol

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee