Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: That seems like she's overtired and not getting enough sleep. Anyway to try an earlier bedtime tonight? K does best when we get her to bed at 7:00. Unfortunately, most nights it's more like 7:30 and I can see the difference in how much effort it takes her to get to sleep. There just isn't enough hours in the day!!

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I agree, she just never acts tired?! I am going to shoot for 7:15

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: Congratulations on the boy! So exciting

@FaithFertility: You must be so tired! I hope you get some sleep soon....

4. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: My kids will go until they are forced to stop. Their tell tale sign of tired is they get loopy/silly. It's hard to put them to bed at night when they are acting so silly, it's fun. I'm sure you saw the spit covered belly of C last night - that was overtired kids, both of them. But it was soooo funny to us adults.

5. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@KayKay: Congrats on the boy!

@FaithFertility: Yuck at the 5:45am. Hope you get some sleep soon. I'm happy that M is content to sit in his PNP until 7:30 or so when he wakes up early (which is usually between 6:30am - 7:15am).

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I think I need to really try that! DH comes home at such an awfulawful time the days he works 7:30 ish so we usualy wait for him, but I think you might be right!

My mom just keep a telling me she sleeps too much..,.stop making her nap....so funny!

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: aww, sorry for the early wake ups! Henry has been 'sleeping in' until around 7 some days these past few weeks. It's great - I still get up at the same time, but can get my coffee and a dog walk in before he's up

It does sound like she is overtired, and I agree with @mamag: that it probably would be good to put her down earlier! I I always hate it when H can't say good night to my husband, but I am too psycho about sleep to keep him awake longer than he should be ha.

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Down at 7:30 fingers crossed

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

7:30-6 better......

10. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@faithfertility: hurrah!

11. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@FaithFertility: Getting there! I remember when K took her 1 nap at like 11-11:30, she HAD to be in bed by 7:30 the latest otherwise she was so tired!

12. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: yeah!

13. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

K is home again with a fever😢 I'm hoping to get her strep tested today since it's certainly a possibility. Another weekend of sickness.

14. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Acck! I am so sorry

15. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: yay, that is great!! glad it went better

@MamaG: aww man, I'm so sorry

16. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@FaithFertility: Yay for good sleep!

@MamaG: Sorry for all of these sickness

17. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Strep take 2. It's another sick weekend for us.

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Awful I am sorry!!!!!!

Well 7:39-5:30 I'm done talking about it
    ..bahahahahha

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: oh man Hope she's feeling better soon!

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: ugh. Yawn!

21. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: I don't recommend our path to sleep but k slept 6:30 to 7:15. 🤒

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: No I get ya! Poor girl, but that is what her body needs to get better!!!!!

23. snowjewelz

How is everyone doing? And I mean YOU, not the kiddos! (Although I know how we are directly correlates with how they are )

I am just tired from hanging out with a toddler, and uncomfortable from all the glories of pregnancy! Mentally, I switch from just being too busy to really think about anything, to being overly stressed about finances. DH & I are in a good place; I think we're just nervous about next year b/c the arrival of baby sister will also coincide with an extremely busy time for his "career" and our life in general.

24. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm a mess. My busy season has shifted from January/February to October. I have a lot of other crap going on already in October and I'm not managing my stress well at all. I feel like I'm constantly a short fuse without enough resources to manage it all.

And it's been so blasted hot here, I'm ready for fall. Although, not really as the kids don't have any clothes to wear But mentally I need cooler weather and some fall color in my life.

Back to back weekends with strep also have given me some anxiety about what illnesses might crop up this winter. And K has a ENT appointment in a couple of weeks. Her tubes might have fallen out and I'm not prepared for her not to be okay without them. Maybe she'll be fine and I'll worry for nothing.

And I really just want to shop my way to happiness, but my bank account doesn't suggest that's a great idea.

But y'all I'm blessed. Truly. I have an amazing family and a job that supports us. I'm just stressed!

25. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: at least you should get some good use out of hand-me-downs from K, right? that should help with the $$ a little bit at least?

I'm doing well! Still in the sweet spot of pregnancy -- past all of the early discomforts and not to the late ones yet hopeful to hang out in the inbetween for awhile longer as I have for the other 2 babies. But we'll see! DH was out of town Sun/Mon nights and has to work late Weds and Fri, so I am NOT looking forward to all of the solo dinners & bedtimes this week. I'm coping by making him do baths on Tues/Thurs (side note: does anyone else's toddler suddenly despise having any tiny drops of water on their head? just us? UGH)

26. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mamag: we took E in on saturday morning because she had been complaining on friday afternoon/evening that her ear hurt. Ear infection #1 for the fall, already. If she needs tubes, I REALLY just want to get it over and done with before Baby 3 gets here. So I'm torn between hoping we can hold off/wait and see...and just talking to the pediatrician about doing them. We ended up being borderline last winter and were trying to make it until 2 without, since apparently most kids grow out of it by then...

27. snowjewelz

@MamaG: My friend in Austin the other was like, woo, 70's, time to break out the jackets! lol! I'm sorry you have such a drastic change to busy season! I totally feel you about shopping the stress away. I wish shopping isn't so therapeutic!

How did you figure that her tubes have fallen out?

@KayKay: Oh absolutely! Soo thankful we're having same gender same season! I would totally make DH do all the work too if he's anticipating to be out of town haha. And for the record, K has never liked getting her hair washed! We have to use a device to keep water out of her face. She even gets upset if she splashes herself in the eye...

28. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Like @KayKay: I would say I'm in the 'sweet spot' of pregnancy right now too, pretty symptom-less and loving the little flutters I get to feel now.
    Budgeting = no fun. DH took over everything last month and we're really trying to get in a better place/ready for daycare #2 but doesn't happen as fast as we'd like, of course.
    And FALL is here! 40° this morning, high 67° so I pulled out the boots and scarves - loving it.
    With E, he is so affectionate right now, I love that as well. Will come lay on me and put his face on mine, and starting to say I love you back, even though it sounds nothing like it should.

@MamaG: Hopefully fall finds you soon and K does okay without the tubes!
    @KayKay: So close to 2, hold on E.
    PS, can you believe our babies are going to be 2 in 2 months!!

29. snowjewelz

@josina: I'm the budget guru at home and I literally grow a new gray hair every time I look at it
    Speaking of affectionate, K decided to fall asleep on my face last night. Like, her face is ON my face. I had to slow slide out from under her to leave...

30. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Even though DH has all 'control' now and all the worry that comes with it I'm still sprouting new gray hairs.
    Sunday E and I fell asleep on the couch, he woke up at one point, did a lap around the living room, and then crawled on TOP of my chest to fall back asleep. Mastering the slow slide out, lol.

31. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: when we were at the dr on Friday for her strep test, I asked if they could see her tubes. The dr could not. She did say that she had a lot of wax, so there is the possibility they are there hiding. But they also might be gone. It's been 9 months, so it is entirely possible they've come out.

32. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: You must be so tired and thinking about a big transition can be so anxiety provoking for me at least! Too cute about her face on yours

@MamaG: Ugh - the illnesses plus the work stress is so hard!

@KayKay: @josina: That pregnancy sweet spot is the best I hope that it's long lasting for you both!

33. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I'm doing pretty well. October will be a really busy month for us, so I'm a little anxious about the very long to-do list. M's 4th birthday is tomorrow. We're having a little "tea party" for 2 of her friends and their moms / siblings tomorrow and then a big family party on Sunday. Sometimes I feel like it's so hard to enjoy these things as much as I should because I take on the burden of the planning. I'm trying though!

My sister's wedding is in mid-October and I need to write my MOH speech and lots of other details that I'm helping with. DH is also in the wedding and M is the flower girl - so it feels like there's lots to do! It's kind of crazy that the things that are stressing me out are all happy events.

J is doing well. He had his monthly EI check in today which was great. His therapist said she's glad that she doesn't have to evaluate him again for another 6 months because she likes seeing him and he definitely wouldn't re-qualify if she had to do it now. That's nice to hear

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: Can't wait to find out what you're having!!!
    Unless I missed it?!

@snowjewelz: Hanging in there Some days are good others blahhhhhh!
    G is obsessed with the new baby at her sitters, my BF daughter, so that makes me excited!!

How are you feeling?! How is your sleep?!
    I can't believe we co-sleep, preggo and with toddlers... lol
    Although G has been staying in her crib for a bit!!

@MrsF: Fun month! Oct is always packed for us too!!!
    I love M&J pics always gets me so excited for G&AJ
    @MamaG: Hope you and the girls are getting better!!!!

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: ughhhh solo dinner/bedtime I dread! Glad to hear your feeling good!

36. snowjewelz

@MrsF: So busy! Happy 4th birthday to M! Tea party sounds wonderful And as much as you like J's therapist, it's the best news when you don't see her!!

@FaithFertility: Ugh.. On one hand, now I really am uncomfortable and would like more space in my bed, but I also can't bear the thought of her sleeping away from me!

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: Nope, didn't miss it, we find out next Wednesday!! Sooo excited!

Oh man the co-sleeping. E is in our bed usually before 11 now and this week he has not been fun to sleep with. Last night I made DH put him on his side of the bed!

38. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@KayKay: Congrats on your baby boy!

@FaithFertility: My kids don't act particularly tired either. They never ask to go to sleep and Ryan fights it hard when he is overtired. If she's taking short naps, I'd suggest 7 pm bedtime. When Ryan naps less for whatever reason, he's down much earlier for the night. I also allow "one check" at bedtime if he's going bananas. Just one. I go in tell him to lay down and say shhhh time for bed and rub his back. And then I tell him I'm not coming back in. Good night!

@MrsF: I'm glad J is doing so well with speech. You do have a busy month ahead. Have a great time w/ your sister's wedding!

@josina: double daycare bills really suck. We just increased our childcare by $1500/month this year. YES. It's going to be a year of hurt for us, then Ty starts public K next year.

@MamaG: You guys have already had so much sickness and it's not even cold yet! On the bright side....your busy season will be over soon! Hang in there, mama. And it's ok to do a teeny bit of retail therapy

39. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

I've been super busy at work (well, busy for me is working 30/35 hours a week) which is just too much for me since my husband works such long hours. I sort of did this on purpose to coast through this time of year and just get past my due date next month. We leave for Vegas in a week and I'm excited/nervous to leave the kids for so long. I'm sure once I'm there sipping a drink by the pool I won't worry as much though

Ryan has had a really tough transition to school, but finally had his first *good* day on Tuesday where he ate lunch, smiled more/cried less, and napped when the other kids napped. He's also usually my solid sleeper and the past 3 weeks has had night wakings. His bottom canines are cutting, so I think that is the problem? I do recall a sleep regression with Ty when he was 22-24 months or so, though? Tyler's rocking 5 days of school a week. His teachers are thrilled with him. Proud mama here!

40. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Ahh Vegas is going to be so fun! Did you choose all the restaurants you will go to? And yay for Ryan for starting to adjust better!

Sleep def hasn't been as great here; I think she is working on speech for sure b/c I see her using more sentences, etc and really honing in on things I'm asking her and answering with thought, etc. OR, I'm just moving around too much at night, getting up and what not and annoying her

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee