Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: Oh dang. That sucks!! Tyler I can get to take antibiotics (with bribes). Ryan, not a chance!

2. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MamaG: @winniebee: Sorry for the sick kiddos! I have heard of strep going around already also, glad we didn't get it!

So I gave E oatmeal again this weekend after a week off, and no reaction. So weird? I wonder if it was just related to the fever/virus he had. Glad though because he loves his 'ee oh'

3. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@josina: glad there wasn't a reaction this time! it would seem weird, since oatmeal is (generally) such a non-reactive food and is even used in lots of baths/bath products for calming other skin reactions! but clearly people can be allergic to just about anything, i guess.

4. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: Oh yuck I'm glad you have an answer at least!

@josina: Hmm... that's good that he can have it again!

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@josina: So weird! At least you have nothing to worry about now!

K says "yeah" like a teenager, and also calls me mom sometimes And I feel like all the things that come out of her mouth are to boss others around haha. I love seeing her interactions w/ her same age cousin b/c their personalities are so different! I really see nowadays how she inherited different parts of our personalities.

6. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: K too! She's always giving people directions (move, hold it, up) although I've been trying to at least get her to add please as well. She will repeat please, but rarely says it on her own.

7. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Logan recently learned "No" and LOVES to say it! He'll do things that prompt me to ask him a question just so he can say "No!" (like standing up in the tub and I'll say "Are you ready to get out?" and he'll sit down and go "No!")

8. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I'm not sure I mentioned it but we moved K to a toddler bed and she's done really well. I didn't think she would but she surprised me. (It actually wasn't my decision but my mil took down the toddler bed they used for my niece and nephew and took out the packandplay and hour before nap time one Saturday.) she's had no problem going to sleep at night, but there's been a handful of naps where I've laid down with her. She also can't open the door so she'll wake up and start knocking on it. But overall it's been going well.

9. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: I have to prompt her... "What do you say...?"
    Really great about the toddler bed! I'm anticipating Kara's big girl room to be totally furnished within a month so we're gonna start seeing if she's interested in it!

@Adira: Kara will say no for everything even if she means yes. "Do you want strawberries?" "No!" Then proceeds to take them and eat them haha. Or she'll say "No yeah" in the same breath haha

10. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

I love hearing all of the little sayings that everyone's kids are coming up with! E's favorite of mine lately is saying "sorry" instead of "excuse me"...which is hilarious when she is roughly pushing you out of the way to get to something and being like "sorry, mama....sorry" but clearly she actually ISN'T sorry because she doesn't stop. Or maybe she just means "i'm sorry that you are in my way" haha

Anyone w/ 2+ kids where your younger totally bullies the older around? Just me? haha E knows *exactly* how to get under K's skin! it would totally be funny if it didn't mean that K starts whining/hollering/crying for help. i'm always like "K...you are twice as big as her. just tell her you don't want to play like that, walk away and close the door to your room" Pure craziness over here!

11. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@KayKay: My little is certainly a bruiser and bully. She gets to the older all of the time!

@Adira: K just learned "yes". She's moved on from "yeah" suddenly, I love it. "No" is still overly present in her vocabulary too.

12. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Miss Ariel: Glad that transition went smoothly!

@KayKay: The younger is definitely the instigator around here. M really lets him have it though - screaming at him, pushing him It's hard to watch. I know that he's doing things to provoke her, but I don't really usually know that anything's going on until she's freaking out. So then I'm correcting her when I know he probably started it. It's tough

13. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

The little words are adorable. J has definitely had his language explosion and is using new words every single day. Yesterday he was playing with a toy sword and looked at me and said "yar matey!". I had said it a few weeks before, but it shocked me and totally cracked me up

Also - he doesn't say excuse me, just "beep beep". Pushing me out of the way - "beep beep mama!"

14. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Miss Ariel: Awesome that K is doing well in the toddler bed!

Love all the new words.

I'm really curious how all the pregnant momma's are doing?!
    DD? How far along? Do you know what you're having/are you finding out? Fears/Excitement regarding your toddler and new LO?

DD: Feb 22nd. I am 18 weeks tomorrow, we find out in 2 weeks and can't wait!
    The photo from Mrs Dolphin's post today w/ her and Lion made me tear up, the idea of my baby not being my baby anymore. I know he'll be a great big brother though since he LOVES babies, but he does get super jealous if I'm holding another baby. I'm looking forward to giving him a sibling near his age to play with.

15. snowjewelz

@josina: Due 1/5 with another girl Excited b/c I can see that K really needs a sibling lol. She is born to boss someone around and currently, it's us, haha. She can play independently but loves getting us involved and won't take no for an answer! My only fear is really the financial burden of 2 in daycare next year

16. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I'm due October 13, which means I'll be 37 weeks on Friday! Yikes! We're team green again although I feel like it's a boy.

I'm not sure how K is going to do, but the past few months she's shown how resilient she can be. But I imagine it's going to be hard for her going from living in a house with just her and 4 adults to, hopefully, being in a brand new house with just me, dh and a baby. She does love to "help" but I imagine the biggest issue will be that we don't let her help with everything she wants.

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Speaking of them talking like teenagers G told me "No mam I sit here okay?!?

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

And her tone of ok was definitely not asking but telling

19. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: What's up with these almost 2 going on 20 year olds!

And I think K thinks that as long as she says please/thank you then it's gonna go her way... Like ice-cream please at 7am?

And she totally manipulated me and milked the heck out of her falling off a chair the other day... She then asked for video, and ice-cream, and cookie...

20. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@KayKay: My DH just got over pneumonia, but luckily we didn't catch it. He's never had it before & that was no fun. M didn't understand why he had to stay away from Dada.

Loving all the new words & phrases these kids have! M was walking with me 2 nights ago & get signing "more please" so we'd keep walking. That was a first! Then last night he kept telling Dada to "go" & was pointing at the gate to get back into our apt complex.

@josina: M always got super jealous when I'd hold my downstairs neighbors lil girl (she's 2 weeks younger than him). E will be a great big brother!

21. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: I with you on the 2nd daycare bill. Ugh. And we're figuring out how to maximize my time off since I'll only get 5 weeks STD, and 1 week PTO.
    @Miss Ariel: Wow, so close! When are you moving? Hopefully K does well, so many changes.
    @snowjewelz: E is constantly asking for candy please. Thank you. He's so cute, daddy is way better at saying no.

22. snowjewelz

@josina: Uggh how awful! Every time I talk about maternity benefits (or mainly the lack of) I just get angry!

23. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: the crazy thing is my company was recently bought, but our new benefits don't go in place till January. If I went out in January I'd have several weeks at 100% pay. Granted the benefits I'll have, which I also had with K, are better than most, but just not what they could have been.

24. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: we found out today closing is Monday!!! Yeah! We're planning on moving next Saturday which gives us time to get everything else set up.

25. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

K got sent home with diarrhea. No other symptoms. 🙁

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Good to hear!!!!!!

@MamaG: ohh no

27. winniebee

@Miss Ariel: She's going to do just great! You've been through a lot already and she's shown to be a trooper!

28. winniebee

@MamaG: Oh shit. No pun intended.

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I'm 37 weeks as of yesterday
    It's flown by! G asks to "hold AJ" and she says all the time she is a "big sisser" I think like@Miss Ariel: said she will want to help too much, I see her wanting to just be apart of it all!!!!
    I can and can't wait, weird feeling for sure!

30. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

K is hanging with me until she has a normal stool or goes 24 hours without a loose one. She's not one bit happy about this situation. We dropped C off at school this morning and when we got back home and pulled in the garage she started crying and screaming "NO". She stood her ground in the house too. Everything I was offering for breakfast was met with a foot stomp and "no". She's clearly accustomed to routine, and we aren't in ours today.

31. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Aww, I hope it clears up! It's funny how much they rely on routines as much as we do!

Kara is in heaven these 2 weeks... Grandma is on vacation so on top of me taking days off to spend with her, she's also at daycare for 2 hours longer than usual and DH said she's loving it!

32. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: Ugh - I hope she's back to school soon!

@snowjewelz: That's great that she loves daycare so much!

33. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

I'm only 8 weeks and haven't seen my doctor yet, but my own calculation of my due date is 5-1 soooo we'll see what my doctor says!

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Miss Ariel: That sucks to miss out on the better benefits and YAY for closing Monday!

@FaithFertility: Can't wait to see all the pics of G and AJ together.
    @MamaG: lol, not to her being sick, but to her being mad that she's staying home. Hope shes better soon!
    @whenoceansrise: How are you feeling? Ugh to the long wait before your appt!

35. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Not going to lie, I'm kind of jealous of all your preggos! I know we're done, but I miss being pregnant!

36. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mamag: those types of sickness are SO annoying! when K was at daycare FT, they had the same sort of 2-3 loose stools/gone for 24hrs sort of rule. but they only considered them "loose" if they were leaking out of the diaper -- as long as it was contained (and no other symptoms, obvs), they were pretty good about letting it go. if it was leaking, that was definitely an exposure hazard. E had 2 bouts of the not-leaky-but-still-softer-than-normal belly bug in August that was otherwise symptomless. It lasted almost a week each time -- so hopefully yours goes quicker! Fill her up with bananas and cheese!

LO3 is baking away, and the belly is getting to the "sorry, mom, no room for food" stage -- and I still have 12w to go! We were TG for awhile, but ended up opening our gender envelope as a family on Labor Day...and it's a boy! K was very excited since she "already has a little sister" We are excited too!

37. snowjewelz

@Adira: I am not really enjoying being pregnant this time lol. But I feel guilty b/c it's prob my last pregnancy too!

38. snowjewelz

@KayKay: Ah, this is great!! A boy!

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: 💙💙💙💙

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ughhh I posted on FB but G is going to kill me! Up again at 5:45 she is up and wide awake!!!!

She only napped 30mins at daycare yesterday I went to out her to bed at 7:45 and she held on to me.like a monkey and cried for almost 20mins between DH and I gong in and telling her it was bed time! GIRL SLEEP!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee