Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@josina: nausea like crazy! I don't remember this much nausea with Micah, but I'll take it if it means this little baby is growing.

I don't even go in to see my doctor until October 11th! I'll be 11 weeks by then

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@whenoceansrise: I was much sicker and for longer this time around too; hope it's not the case for you!

3. snowjewelz

21 month check up - 25 lbs, 33 inches. Got a flu shot on the arm! And with one booster shot at 2 year check up, we'll be done till 4! She actually didn't even cry during the shot, but was miserable laying down to get measured. I asked if next time she can just stand up

4. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: We went today with Ethan to make sure he didn't have strep (negative). He would NOT let me put him on the scale so we had to measure me and him and then I had to force him to sit on the floor! He was perfectly fine for the dr. though. Not looking forward to shots at 2 years!

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Is it possible to all of a sudden have an allergy? Noticed the past 2 mornings that E had Oatmeal (he LOVES it) the skin around his mouth was bright red for awhile. He's had some bumps on his leg and lower back, now I'm starting to wonder if it's related? Weird?

6. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@whenoceansrise: The wait between dr appointments is the worst! Hope you feel better soon!

7. snowjewelz

@josina: Aww! maybe it's a fluke? Maybe stop the oatmeal, and give it again next week just to see if it is the oatmeal?

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: Sorry your so sick

@snowjewelz: awww we don't go back until 2 I like check ins!

9. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@josina: is it a different flavor/brand than usual? My kids' skin turns red with acidic things, but they don't seem to have an allergy besides that. Just sensitive skin. Allergies can pop up though. I only realized I am allergic to corn syrup/starch when I was in my 20s.

10. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@whenoceansrise: this is super late, but congrats on #2! Sorry you are feeling so sick - I hope it settles down soon!

11. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: @MrsScallop: Hopefully just a fluke; same Quaker Oats Apple Cinnamon oatmeal he's always had. We are stopping all oatmeal this week and we'll try this weekend and see! So weird.

What sizes are the toddlers wearing now?
    E is in 24 mo/2T shirts but he's too tall for 18 mo. pants and too short(and skinny) for 24 month. My chubby baby is now a skinny toddler!

12. snowjewelz

@MrsScallop: How's Charlie doing?

@josina: Same here! 18 mo pants are above her ankles (but totally still fine for this weather). I'm pretty sure we'll be in 24 mo/2T this winter even if it's a bit long. She does wear some 24 mo and they fit well since they scrunch/ride up a bit when she moves around anyway. Tops are mostly 24 mo/2T now... I try to squeeze her in some 18 mo still to get some more life out of them lol.

Funny I just spent an hour switching around her wardrobe last night! I kept out some 18 mo stuff in hopes I can stuff her into them for a little while haha.

13. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh yes, definitely stretching the 18 month stuff till it gets colder! His 18 mo. shorts still fit perfectly.
    I need to get more tops for him for fall/winter yet.

14. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: K is still teeny tiny and in 12 months! There's actual several items that's she's getting to big for, but on the other hand some company's 12 months she swims in.

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: We are in 24 months some 2T depands on brand it's kind of not fun....lol

She has so many 18-24 month pants that I fear won't fit come any cold days......

16. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@josina: We are in a mix of 2T and 3T clothes. Most of her shorts/skirts are 3T because I don't like to see diapers and bellies hanging out of clothes. I fully expect that I will have a pants problem this winter. She'll likely need 3T pants and regular pants will be too long so we will do mostly leggings.

Both of my girls are tall, but their height is more in the torso than legs. And they both run at least a size ahead of their age, consistently.

Having big kids can be a challenge!

17. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

We are in between seasons and sizes at the moment! Most of E's summer stuff was 18m, although a couple dresses were 12m (hand-me-downs) and still work with leggings underneath. I also dug out all of K's 24m/2T hand-me-downs, so we'll be doing those as the weather changes and for anything new for fall or winter. Those are all in various ranges of "fit perfectly" to "a little too big" depending on how they ran initially and/or how much they shrunk during K's wearing.

Today she wore an 18m short sleeve shirt, a 2T skirt, and 12m leggings (now capris) to school. Haha. All of them fit perfectly.

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: Yes that sounds like us too

19. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@josina: M's Gap clothes are 18m-24m, but he's 18m in everything else. (He was still wearing some 12m shorts back in July, but wanted to put them away, so away they went!). He's still short with a buddha belly

20. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@KayKay: lol to the three different sizes for one outfit.

21. snowjewelz

Our issue is shoes! I had prepared size 6 shoes for fall, but she already grew into size 6 over the summer so I am praying that her feet slow down!

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

We just got into 5 ... my little hoof girl

23. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

I just switched M to 6's for shoes. His 5's were leaving little to no extra room up front. He still has chunky feet

24. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

K is already is size 7 shoes

Where's @theotherstark: to chime in? Her H is so tall, he's got to have big feet too. I can't be the only one with a big kid!

25. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

K is still wearing 4s, although I'd imagine she'll be ready to move to 5s shortly.

26. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: Thanks for asking! He is doing pretty well. Still making me worry about him at times, but he has been growing a lot and gaining some strength. He has grown about 2 in in 2 months (about 29.25 in now) and is roughly 24 lbs - wearing 18m -24m tops, 18m bottoms to fit his tummy, but his legs are in between 12m-18m in length. He started growth hormone a few weeks ago, so I am interested to see how that influences his growth. But, docs say that if we can keep him growing like he is, he may actually hit a growth curve around his birthday! We had a big meeting with his doctors recently that basically said his heart needs to be repaired before we can consider any other major surgeries. That is a bit of a downer but I understand why they think that. Oh, and we finally got a nurse again part of the week. I did about 1.5 months without any nursing help, so i feel like I am getting a bit of a break now. Sorry that was long!

27. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

All of the recent shoes I bought for E have been 6s. They have a little room to grow, but some of the 5s were getting too small (from what I can tell...it's so hard to figure out other than watching for squished toes and checking the insoles! i mean, assuming their foot still goes in...haha)

28. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsScallop: Thanks for sharing - you and Charlie are always in my thoughts!

@josina: It does sound like a little food sensitivity. Sounds like he has eaten it quite a bit before, so that is strange.

@Miss Ariel: Any update on the house? Are you with your parents until you get new housing??

29. winniebee

Hey all! Been a busy week with the boys starting school - Ryan is having a really hard time transitioning. He is crying hysterically at drop off and while he eats morning snack, he takes like 2 bites of lunch. He is napping ok there and the teachers say that he is happier after.....but man, I just feel so badly. Super clingy after school and at night. He doesn't even need to be in school right now

Ryan's a peanut I think! He wears so many ranges of sizes its kind of funny. Tops are anywhere from 18-24/24/2T. Bottoms he can easily wear 12-18 still but also can wear 18-24 and is wearing some 2T shorts (IF they have the adjustable waistband). I think boys pants are sized differently than girls -- because I guess there are so many legging options? He has tiny feet - I just bought him size 5 sneakers LOL.

30. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

Not a big poster, but thought I would jump in. DD is in a mix of 2t and 3t. Her torso is really long so shirts are generally too short. Everything is so wide on her though. She wears a lot of dresses that way as she grows they turn into more of a tunic - makes them last longer.

Her current shoes are a size 6 but getting a little snug so I've been buying 7s for fall/winter. They might start a little big but I think she'll manage.

31. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

E is mostly in 6's though but they vary so much between brands!

@MrsScallop: Glad to hear Charlie is doing well. I hope he hits those milestones, and glad to hear you get a break with a nurse finally!

@winniebee: Aww, that would be sooo hard with Ryan, hopefully next week goes better?

32. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@josina: meant to respond earlier about the oatmeal thing -- it might be the cinnamon? the first time E had cinnamon puffins, she got really red around the mouth and on her hand where she had touched it. it had never happened before with the peanut butter kind.

@mrs.scallop: that is a pretty good size for all that he has been through! hope this nurse works out better so that you actually get a physical AND mental break from the care-taking.

@winniebee: poor R...and poor mama! hopefully he does better after a couple weeks. you can always change course if you want/need to! sometimes losing all/part of a deposit is totally worth your sanity.

33. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

Can I ask height and weights for our kiddos? I feel like the clothing sizes we are posting isn't too far off from what Charlie wears, but they say he is well below the growth charts. His feet are tiny though! I think he needs a size 3?

@winniebee: so sorry you are going through that. The whole thing breaks my heart for you. I hope he comes around quickly.

@josina: thanks! I hope you figure out the oatmeal thing. Feeding is so frustrating at times!

34. winniebee

@KayKay: my husband is adamant that R stay the course - he feels really strongly that he socialize with other kids. I'm more of a softie I have to remember that he's never been to any program at all before so hopefully just a few weeks of transition is all we need.

35. winniebee

@MrsScallop: thanks! Gosh, I'm not sure how tall he is. I know he is around 23 lbs and at 18 months he was 31 inches, so I'm guessing he is around 32-33 inches now.

36. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@KayKay: I was wondering that too...
    @MrsScallop: E weighs 28 lbs, I think he's around 33" tall, but we haven't measured since May.

37. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mrsscallop: yeah, I haven't taken stats since E's 18m appt, but back then she was 22lbs and 31ish inches. Bigger than that now, obvs, but we don't go back to the doc until 24m. We just finally moved up to size 4 diapers.

38. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: Is this week 2 of school for Ryan? Transitions can be so hard. I also find that my girls tend to feed off of others emotions. If anyone is crying/clingy at drop off, K latches on to me. If everyone is calm and happy, she follows suit.

Are you packing Ryan's lunch or are his meals provided by school?

39. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@MrsScallop: At our May (18 month appt), K was 33.75 inches and 33 lbs. I feel like she has stretched out even more since then. We won't have another appt until November.

40. winniebee

@MamaG: it's just week 2 and he goes 3x a week. the toddler room is a cry fest at drop off! so many kids are crying. And he definitely is feeding off of that. I pack his lunch too. He's a great eater, so I'm not sure what's up. I packed a few very simple favorites and hope he eats today! Otherwise after school he just chows until bedtime!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee