Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@winniebee: Yay so glad you passed! Is there a difference between just having low iron to being anemic? Cause I'm anemic and they don't even tell me to take supplements, saying that my body won't really absorb it. They just encourage me to eat more iron rich foods.

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm not sure? My level is 11.7 and they consider below 11 very low and over 12 normal.

3. snowjewelz

@winniebee: At least now you don't have to wonder why you're so tired!

4. snowjewelz

Uggh. I'm freaking about about my short term disability right now. It's literally nothing

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: ughhh add me to that list my sleep is awful, cant get comfortable/peering.....lol

We should start an I cant sleep thread....so we can all chat at 3a.m......lol

@snowjewelz: awww no I am sorry

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: What an awesome check up!!!!!!

7. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: the benefits at my last company SUCKED... 5 weeks maternity at 60% pay. I took a pay cut to take the job and the benefits sucked as well. Easiest job in the world to quit. :).

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Congrats on GD test! Hope the iron goes up and gives you some energy come the 3rd tri

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: yay for passing! Sounds like iron is pretty borderline and will be easy to fix.

10. winniebee

Thanks ladies! I'm not too worried. I mean I love steak I just need to eat more of it :). I just don't want to take a supplement and then poop like a rabbit!

11. winniebee

@snowjewelz: ugh I'm sorry. Have you looked into std through your state?

12. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: Ugh! I'm glad you made a choice that made you happy! I won't complain here since I started a whole thread about it lol

@winniebee: my company doesn't offer STD so it is coming from NYS and it's really chump change. Oh well I just really need to budget out those 3 months now!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ok ladies where are you at 2:20 a.m. wide awake and I have such a stuffy nose, I think it is just pregnancy it comes and goes daily

14. winniebee

@FaithFertility: ugh awful! What have you tried so far? Last pregnancy I tried bath before bed, calming tea (don't recommend Bc you will just pee all night) reading in bed, changing rooms when I couldn't fall asleep, and then ultimately unisom because the insomnia was debilitating. One tip I have read is do not watch tv or get on your phone Bc that just stimulates your brain more.

15. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Oh my gosh, I'm so behind on this thread... attempting to catch up!

@theotherstark: Glad to hear you don't have GD! What a relief!!

@MamaG: I don't know why, but I keep buying the new baby clothes! And he's another boy! Born in the same season as Xander!!! I don't NEED anymore clothes!!! I'm a crazy person...

@Mrs.Lilac: That quilt is coming along great!! it's going to look fantastic!!

@BandDmommy: I'm so happy to see you back!! I was asking about you, but I follow you on IG, so I knew you were still alive, haha. I think it's pretty common to fail the one hour test since it's not that strict. Fingers crossed you pass the three hour test!

@sandy: Yay for the third trimester!! And your organizing sounds awesome. I really need to get myself in gear!

@MrsF: Such a relief to hear your U/S went well and everything is looking good!! You must be feeling so much better!

@winniebee: Congrats on passing the GD test!!

16. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@FaithFertility: I was awake 1:30 am to 2 am. DH got home at 1:30 and it took me awhile to fall asleep. When I can't fall asleep, I switch rooms. I move to the guest bedroom.

17. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: @FaithFertility: @theotherstark: @BandDmommy: @Adira: Thanks ladies! Luckily I think the kidney issues would have been manageable, but it's nice to know baby probably won't need further testing or potential surgeries after delivery.

18. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: @BandDmommy: Ugh - sorry you both had rough nights It's so hard to wake up not feeling rested!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: I think me and the couch are going to be friends! Inseem to get comfy there!

20. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Aww so sorry!! I def was congested for a good 2 weeks... I kept thinking I had allergies, then a cold, but now I think back I think it was just a symptom!

@Adira: Haha you are the one person I wouldn't think is ever behind

21. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, I get behind from the weekends because I'm rarely on then. And I was busy at work the past couple days, surprisingly!!

22. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yeah I'm usually not around on weekends either... And I am never too busy for HB at work as long as I'm at my desk lol!

23. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, I'm the same! But I had a bunch of meetings the past two days!

24. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Just checking back in... Garth Brooks was amazing, but the 4 hour drive each way to Chicago not so much.

Had my GD text Monday and haven't heard any bad news so passed that as well as Iron test.
    Also got my flu shot, tetanus booster, AND Rhophylac shots, so still a little sore.

Baby still measuring right on track.

Oh, also scheduled maternity pics for October 19th!

25. snowjewelz

@josina: Did your OB suggest for you to get the flu shot or you requested it? I'm planning to ask my OB about it as I've never gotten it, but I just wonder if it's a routine thing pregnant mama's.

Photoshoot is so exciting! A friend of ours is doing that for us, and I was just telling her I have no idea when to do it. I was thinking more in Nov unless I already feel huge and swollen by Oct.

26. Adira

@josina: Congrats on passing the GD test! And the maternity pics are exciting!!

@snowjewelz: I haven't gotten the flu shot yet this year, but last time I was pregnant, my midwife suggested I get it. She brought it up!

27. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@josina: yay! Sounds like good news all around!

28. missybear

grape / 88 posts

Ladies, I can't even keep up with this group! You move so fast for me... I haven't posted in probably over a month, but I have definitely been reading along! I've decided to try to be more involved here haha especially now that we are getting so close to the end!! So exciting, can't wait for all of us to meet our babies.

I'm 29 weeks as of today, which is just insane. I have no idea where time is going! This Sunday we have the baby shower for little Cooper/Sawyer/Jack (since we haven't picked a name yet haha) and then I HOPE I get the urge to just bust out an entire nursery because... It's looking pretty unprepared. I mean, we have a car seat, stroller, and the crib, rocker, and dresser/changing table built in the nursery with a wall painted, but I just feel like I need to finish it. And I'm so antsy to get my hospital bags packed, though I have no idea why.

Little man is still breech, so I've been trying to accustom myself to the idea of a c-section, and I'm really coming to terms with it, even though if he flips, I will LOVE to attempt a med-free labor and delivery. We will see

ANYWAY... I miss you all and promise to try to respond more often haha the conversation just moves too fast for me!!

29. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: your OB will probably recommend that you and anyone caring for LO get a flu shot as well as pertussis. Particularly dangerous for winter babies and they can't be vaccinated as newborns. My OB already gave me the pertussis shot and I'll get the flu shot when they're available at their office.

30. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

For those curious... Here's our nursery.. Which is a work in process. We are still waiting on quote for crown molding and none of the work has been done to remodel her bathroom.

31. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Bah, I'm sorry about your STD - that sucks you get so little

Re: flu shots, my OB/midwives strongly recommend getting a flu shot and the TDAP booster (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis, ie whooping cough) when you're pregnant. Not only will this ensure you're protected after the baby is born, but it will also pass along some of the protection while they are still in utero. At least, that's my understanding.

@FaithFertility: Sorry you aren't sleeping well! I try to avoid my phone/iPad when I wake up, since I am pretty sure I definitely wouldn't be able to fall back asleep if I got on here

@josina: Glad things are looking good, and yay for maternity pics!! I'm skipping them (would rather spend money on newborn pics), but I hope people who are getting them done post some here - I LOVE seeing maternity shots!!

@missybear: Good to see you back here!! My shower is this weekend too It sounds like you are pretty well-set in terms of the nursery, although I totally understand wanting to get things more settled. And I think you have plenty of time for baby to flip, still! I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point.

@BandDmommy: So darling!! I absolutely love the stripes, and the chandelier. I can't wait to see it all finished!

32. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: Love the walls! So cute!

@missybear: So exciting... I hope you have a great time! I have so much hand me down stuff, but b/c we don't have furniture yet they're just kinda piled up in the nursery. I think I'm really waiting till after the shower to get organized, but I'm itching to just get it done now too! And don't worry, I'm sure he still has a lot of time to flip

33. Adira

@missybear: haha, welcome back!! I can't believe you're already 29 weeks!! Only 11ish to go!!! Fingers crossed the little man flips for you before you go into labor. I'm pretty sure mine is currently breech too, but I'm only 26 weeks.

@BandDmommy: Gorgeous!!! Love everything about it from the colors, that little sheep, and especially the chandelier!! Also, that room looks huge, haha.

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: this is the first time I've ever gotten the flu shot as well... the ob nurse suggested it. I think its recommended for pregnant women and parents of small children?

@missybear: Sounds like you are still further than me on the nursery! We are in the middle of putting a 400 sf addition on our house so the whole thing is a mess.

@theotherstark: I actually wasn't planning on maternity pics but hubby is a big fan of the photographer we used for our anniversary pics, and she did a friends wedding last weekend so he just 'had' to book her again. Fine with me! They will be maternity/family combination. Now to find some cute outfits!

35. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@josina: Awesome! Love that your husband was the one who wanted to book them. Good for him! I hope you post some; I want to seeee!!

36. snowjewelz

We def will need a baby shower & maternity pics threads later on! And the dun dun.. The birth thread! So crazy!

37. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Does anyone know when is the latest we can fly? I'm going to put a call into my OB but I was curious what others have been told so far. I just got notified of a family emergency and before I get too involved I'm trying to figure out if it's even an option for me to travel.

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: I was told 34 weeks. But I had DS at 34 weeks so I'm not the norm.

39. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

That's what I was thinking, last 4-6 weeks or so. Ugh, I'm looking at a $1000 airfare due to the short notice. Sometimes life isn't very fair. There is no way we can afford for all three of us to fly at that rate right now. So it's either I go alone or we don't go at all.

40. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Sorry you have to deal with this! I'd say if the emergency outweighs the $ then go after you get your OB's blessing..

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee