Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@snowjewelz: haha, you totally were! But I'm glad to have ordered it and I don't have to keep checking for sales anymore.

Yes! We only have 3 months left and there's so much to do! That's awesome you put a deposit down for a daycare and signed up for lamaze!! Exciting!!

2. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Yay for having painting done! Funny story - my step daughter (11) was helping me paint the baby room; I had her go out and grab a 2nd gallon of paint while I was washing brushes (we were SO close to being done) and when I came back in I was like, how did you use a half gallon already?!... She had grabbed the wrong gallon of paint and was on the 2nd wall already, lol. Had to quit for the night and finish the next morning. In her defense the paint colors were super close.

@snowjewelz: Wondering how many bees are taking the hospital classes? I haven't signed up yet.. can either choose from 3 night classes, which won't work, or 1 full day Saturday class, which also isn't super convenient.

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@josina: A lot of ppl did tell me they weren't that useful or you just forget all that stuff, but our lamaze class is tied w/ a tour of the hospital, explaining policies/procedures so I felt like we should go still. It's expensive too and yes ours is from 9-5! The only good thing is it came w/ a free breastfeeding class that I can take also.

4. Adira

@josina: Oh dear, haha!

5. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Thanks so much for the support ladies, you are all amazing. I have decided to make a conscious effort not to worry about things that are just a possibility. I don't know what his schedule will be and we do t know what his health issues are so I just need to focus on the baby right now!

On another note, I figures out I will be full term (37 weeks) in 9 WEEKS!!!! Ahhh can't believe it! There is no way we will be in the new house which means moving with a newborn too! Oh well, it will be worth it I suppose!

@Adira: I'd love to see you nursery so far! What colour did you choose?

@josina: we have gone for the full day course. It's really long, like 10 - 5 or something. Hubby isn't impressed! It better be worth it!

@snowjewelz: crazy that you have had to sort out day care already. It's all getting very real! Lol

6. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: we are not taking any classes this time. We took breast feeding and child birth when we had B.

7. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: congrats on your husbands new job! I'm sorry that he's still having medical issues though. If you can block your worries about his schedule that would be awesome - it sounds like it will be great for your family in the long run.

Insomnia hit me like a ton of bricks last night. I haven't been taking unisom but I think I've got to tonight after getting such poor sleep. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed that I'm 26w and have done zilch for this new baby. And our insurance is changing to what I don't know (after paying tons out of pocket for a deductible) and we still don't have a name and haven't ordered furniture and half our house is in boxes. I'm banking on no bed rest or else we are pretty screwed.

8. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@josina: we did the full day class last time. It was kind of lame to spend acsarurday that way, but I think it was particularly helpful for DH. Sort of like an orientation to the hospital and what would happen where & when. DH is kind of freaked out by hospitals (while I work there) so it was good to be there. We got to see a L&D room and a postpartum room.

9. winniebee

@snowjewelz: we didn't take any classes last time! I was on bed rest and I planned to get meds during birth so it felt kind if pointless. My husband is a doc so I guess he already knew sort of what to expect though. I watched some bf videos online and went to a class in hospital after birth (which was helpful since the baby was here!)

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: I am sorry about your mom drama, hopefully she keeps her peace!!! On another note, yay to finishing painting!!! I agree son much to do before Dec

@Mrs.Lilac: It is hard not to worry, but you got the right idea!!!!! Wow, 9 weeks away from full term....eeekkkkk.exciting!!!!!

@snowjewelz: We actually got a phone call yesterday from hospital to pre register by phone, and set up a tour and such, I want to take a L&D class but scheduling with DH LEO job is hard!

@winniebee: Awwww sorry for the insomnia... I'm up nightly too! But I seem to get enough sleep!
    I agree on doing nothing I keep thinking we have all this time when in reality Dec is only 2 1/2 months away........

11. Adira

@Mrs.Lilac: It's actually Xander's toddler room we're painting. Poor baby #2 is getting the same nursery Xander had, haha. But we painted Xander's new room this bold blue/grey color. I'll post pics at some point!

@winniebee: Ugh, I'm sorry! Insomnia and worry sucks! I hope everything works out with your insurance and you're able to get some sleep!

@FaithFertility: I told my mom I'd order a new nice mattress for the futon and she was all "Oh my gosh, I hope I'm not coming across as a demanding mom! You don't have to do that!" hahaha. She's crazy, but I love her.

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Do we have the same mothers.....lol

13. Adira

@FaithFertility: haha, maybe most moms are similar.

14. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Third trimester!!!

15. Adira

@BandDmommy: Looking good!!

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@BandDmommy: You and baby bump look great! Happy 3 more months!!!!!!!!!

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Me and my sister tonight were chatting about her wedding and my shower and well little miss decided to put on a show, we could see her move from side to side and kick So amazing!!! I pray she keeps this up DH will just die!!! He loves to feel her, so seeing her like that will make him smile!!!!

18. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@BandDmommy: you look great!

I'm working non stop and behind on everyone's updates but hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

I got to meet my friend's one month old baby today and it was amazing! She snuggled on my chest and I got all warm and fuzzy feeling!!

19. winniebee

@BandDmommy: already?! Cute!

@FaithFertility: aw so sweet!

@magnolia: hope work let's up soon!

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@magnolia: awwww baby snuggles are the best!

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

My sis just ordered baby shower invites!!!!! I ♥ it!!!!

22. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

Hey ladies! Just dropping in to say hi and thank you all for your love and support. I'm too exhausted to update right now but I'm still at the hospital and the plan is for me to stay here until I deliver. I feel like I'm in a terrible dream but the one biggest blessing is to see all the love and support we have. My 6 closest mom friends have worked out a schedule to help take care of LO and drop off food during the week. I think the plan is for my mom to take a leave from work though so LO can have as much stability as possible and as she needs a break my in-laws and friends can relieve her for a few days. Our goal is for DH to take as little time off as possible so he can save his leave for when baby #2 arrives - so far he has 4 weeks but it's pretty impossible for him to really check out of the office fully for more than a few days - but at least he will be able to work from home for a good stretch

This is my last bump photo from last week before I ended up at the hospital - 28 weeks (I'm almost 28 weeks 4 days right now)

@winniebee: @BandDmommy: remind me how early your LOs were born. We are all hoping I can make it to 34 weeks. How was your experience being a bed rest and then having a preemie - please message me if that seems more appropriate

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers

23. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@sandy: B was born at exactly 34 weeks and spent 10 days in the NICU. I'm thinking of you and sending you my prayers!

24. winniebee

@sandy: I had preterm labor and a 4 day hospital stay at 30w (with steroid shots) and then was discharged to home bed rest until term. I ended up making it to term but he was 5 lb 5 oz when he was born. My sister had a 34 weeker and she stayed 2 weeks in the nicu. Thinking of you often friend.

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@sandy: Praying for you and your sweet baby!!!!!!

26. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

Good news / bad news.....

Good news - vacation was good (though entirely too cold) & DH finally got to feel the baby move last week.

Bad news - DH caught something & gave it to me so I felt crappy the last 3 days of vacation. Thankfully it's starting to go away.

@sandy: Sending hugs & prayers for you & baby. Now to go catch up on everything else I missed the past 10 days.

27. Mrs. Tea

blogger / apricot / 424 posts

@sandy: I don't have any advice but I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and praying for you. I'm so glad you have such amazing support around you to help you out during this!

28. Adira

@sandy: Thanks so much for updating us. We're all thinking of you and the baby! Praying she stays put for a few more weeks for you!!

29. Adira

So my parents just ordered a crib and crib mattress for baby #2! He's going to have somewhere to sleep!

30. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@sandy: glad you are home!! Stay put baby girl for a few more weeks!!!

31. snowjewelz

@sandy: We you! So glad you can go home. Pray that she stays in there!

32. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Aww the pumpkin/fall theme is so cute! And ditto on the kicking.. It never actually hurts but sometimes she really gives me a good kick and my whole bump shifts/jiggles! I'm always asking her what she is doing in there!

@BandDmommy: You look great, I checked my app today and realized I'm officially 28 weeks as well! I can't believe it

@AngelicOne: Bleh I hope you feel 100% soon!

@Adira: Yay! I am just absolutely giddy as gifts are starting to come to my house (the big items). I had been so moved by people's generosity!

33. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Ladies, I'm 29W today. That means I'm into single digit weeks left... NINE! I'm not ready! This is also heading into my absolute busiest time of the year. The next nine weeks are going to be filled and I still haven't painted K's room and DH still needs to make the toddler bed back into a crib. And while our list of needs/wants is probably only about 10 items long, they haven't been purchased yet either.

But, I'm determined not to panic (much). I'm still overwhelmed.

34. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Hang in there! 9 weeks is super short, but there IS time! Take a deep breathe and tackle one thing at a time

35. Adira

@MamaG: Eeeek! 9 weeks!!! You're so close!!! But you still have time to get everything done! Maybe make a list of everything you need to do and assign it to a weekend until you've accomplished everything?

36. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@BandDmommy: you look great! Happy third tri!
    @FaithFertility: so cute! Love the invites!
    @AngelicOne: hope you are feeling better now! Being sick and pregnant is the worst!
    @Adira: hooray for a new crib! We just got ours a few days ago, but it is still in the box waiting to get set up. Not sure when that will happen...
    @MamaG: ah, single digits! So exciting! I know how you feel about the next couple months. Both DH and I are defending our dissertations, job searching, and planning for baby's medical care, so things are crazy. Best of luck getting through it all!

37. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: aghhhhh so close!!!!

38. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We took our "family-moon" this weekend. We did a three day getaway with C as our last hurrah as a family of 3. All of the remaining weekends need to be spent getting things ticked off the list. DH keeps telling me that I just need to tell him what he needs to do. This IS our biggest struggle. I know he wants to help and will help. I hate having to tell him what to do. I don't enjoy being the bossy/nagging wife, even when we both know I need to be. And sometimes it's less frustrating to do it myself as we have different levels of organized.

39. snowjewelz

@MamaG: It's alright, just explain to him that you proabably have a stronger nesting instinct right now! I def have been nagging DH non-stop since he needs his dad to come over w/ the van to get our glider & dresser!

40. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

How's everyone doing? It's been quiet on here lately. Maybe time for another GTKY.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee