Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

I'm always here! But I don't want to dominate the convo everyday lol.

Yesterday this lady at work looked at me and was dead sure that I'm having a boy (based on bump shape...) and she refused to believe me when I told her I'm having a girl

We were gifted our crib and it arrived.. I'm now on nagging mode for DH to set it up!

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

It has been quiet - sorry!! I've just been kind of hanging around

Yesterday and today I feel like I've been kicked really hard in the crotch. So uncomfortable! I think his head is just super far down there. I wonder if it will be like this until I deliver??

Hope everyone is doing well. @sandy: I'm still thinking about you and baby girl!!

3. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: At least he's head down! I wonder what position she is in now... I have an appt this Friday. As of last time she was breech but I'm sure she has flipped a few times since then!

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Ha, I'm actually not positive he's head down - I won't be having another ultrasound and I forgot to ask the midwife yesterday if she could tell what position he was in. I just think he's head down based on the location of hiccups, his movements, and because it feels like his head is pushing down on my cervix. Ha. Who knows.

Also, I love that the lady was convinced you are having a boy. People have guessed boy with me, which is correct, but others have also asked if I'm having twins, or if I'm due in the next few weeks. Um, thanks? Haha.

5. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Chinese people are reaaallly into the bump shape.. Something about carrying high vs low, and pointy vs round... She got me nervous for a split second thinking, do I have it wrong this whole time?! lol!

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

It's definitely been quiet! Not just on this thread, but on the boards in general it seems. Anyone else feel that way?

@snowjewelz: I'm the same way. I'm always here, but I feel bad just going back and forth with someone and then other people get two pages behind and are just like "WTF Adira and _____!"

Excited that your crib arrived!!! I can't wait for mine to!

@theotherstark: I forget, is this your first or your second? My pelvis has been in constant paint for the past two weeks, but apparently that's normal for a second pregnancy.

7. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yes I totally agree! I refresh a lot during the day and don't find much to respond to lol. Or sometimes I don't even post much and would be surprised that I'm top of the leader board!

8. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Ha, too funny! I wish I had asked my aunt what she thought before we told the family what we're having. Yeah, I think the old wives tales generally say carrying low = boy and high = girl. Not sure about round vs pointy?

@Adira: Ugh, I'm sorry. I've heard that about second pregnancies, but this is my first!! Ha. Oh well. He just likes hanging out super low, I guess.

9. Adira

@snowjewelz: Yes! I keep hitting refresh on the main boards, but there will be nothing new for 10+ minutes. Where is everyone???

10. Adira

@theotherstark: In that case, hopefully it will NOT stick around for your entire pregnancy and you'll get some relief!!!

11. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

I'm here! I just haven't had much to update on! Everything is going great- just patiently waiting for December to hurry on up!

12. Adira

@whenoceansrise: haha, I'm not ready for December to be here yet! I still need to transition Xander to his new room and then setup the baby's crib and stuff.

Has anyone else figured out what they are going to use for a going home outfit? I can't find anything I really like. Ideally, I wanted fleece PJs, but apparently fleece PJs don't have the mitten covers?? I'm worried cotton will be too thin for December...

13. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

I'm here! Just been so busy with moving and pregnancy insomnia is kicking my ass, and Tyler has a cold and is cutting another 2 year molar. Yay. I'm going to try and order the crib and dresser this week just so I get something off the list -- I think I'm getting the same that T has. Is that strange? 26+3 and I down have an appt for another few weeks so i feel like nothing new to really report on!

14. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

who is all planning on getting maternity photos taken? i've already been scouting out some cute outfits for the occasion!

15. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: lol I'm so not ready for December yet!

16. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: I would like to do some fall pics for our Christmas cards as a family -- maybe in October so they would also be sort of maternity pics. I never did them with out son and wish I had!

17. Adira

@winniebee: Ugh, sorry about the 2 year molars. Xander's cutting canines and has been waking in the middle of the night crying for the past two weeks, so I feel you.

And I don't think it's strange. We're getting the baby the same crib that Xander has. And I ordered two new dressers so both the baby and Xander would have the same ones.

@whenoceansrise: I never did professional maternity photos last time, but I had a friend take some for me. I was thinking of doing the same this time, but now I feel like I'm already huge and I'm thinking of skipping it... is that bad? Like poor baby #2 is getting the shaft?

18. snowjewelz

@Adira: I prob won't think about going home outfit till I pack my hospital bag and see what clothes I have for her then! I have a ton of hand me downs but I did register for some extra stuff too.

@winniebee: Haha I have doctor's appt almost every other week and I still don't have much to report on, I think it's just the stage we're in!

@whenoceansrise: My sweet friend who is missing my baby shower is offering to take maternity pics for us as a gift! I have NO clue what I'd wear, or where we'd take pics! I just pinned a lot of pics that I like...

@Adira: Do family pics! Just wear something that makes you feel good in!

19. Adira

@snowjewelz: Maybe I'm just overthinking this whole take-home outfit thing! Plus who knows what size the baby will need - I'll need to bring a NB and 3M to cover my bases!

I actually do want to take family pics at some point for our Christmas card, so maybe that will double as maternity photos, haha.

20. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@winniebee: haha practically, neither am I. literally the only thing we have in the nursery right now is a glider and ottomon. I need to get to work on that! Fall family pictures would be perfect! Part of me wishes baby was due earlier than he is because I'd like to incorporate newborn photos in a Christmas card. Oh well!

@Adira: so not bad! we went all out with pregnancy and gender announcments wth this one and I doubt we do the same for the next one. It's a lot of work!

21. snowjewelz

@Adira: That works! With Dec due dates it's prob too late to wait till baby is out to take them for Christmas cards anyway.

I'm in such a weird mood now that I'm in 3rd trimester. I don't even feel like I am! Some days I feel so stressed like I gotta take care of everything and some days I'm just like eh, there's still time..

22. Adira

@whenoceansrise: haha, yeah, seriously! Plus when you have one to look after, you don't have as much time to do any of the other things you did the first time around!

23. Adira

@snowjewelz: Yes, exactly! Plus if this one goes late, he might show up after Christmas for all I know (please let that not be the case)!

I'm not quite in the third trimester yet (27 weeks yesterday), but I feel similar. Some days I'm freaking out about all that has to be done (finish up Xander's new room, transition him to his new room, setup new crib and mattress, get new video monitor, get new whatever supplies I'm forgetting, pack hospital bag, dig out infant car seat and install, setup new futon mattress for crazy parents, etc) but then other days I'm all "Meh, it'll all get done eventually."

24. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: Well the good thing about a December due date means fall maternity pictures! I'm going to wear probably a dress, tights, scarf, and ankle boots. That's nice of your friend! If I had to pay a lot for the photos, I would probably opt out.

25. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

I think after we have our baby shower, I'll be more ready to start getting things done. I'm just not sure what all to buy right now because I know we'll get a lot at the shower!

26. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I planned to pay her for both maternity for new born so it really worked out! I pinned these diagrams that tell you how to coordinate outfits for photos haha, I prob should look at them (like light vs dark clothes, prints vs solids, etc). I do love that fall scenery!

@Adira: I think in the back of my mind, I'll gear up after the baby shower, and then I keep thinking I have that break during Thanksgiving to really make sure everything is done (altho now I think about it, if I'm due 12/8, doing things during Thanksgiving might be cutting it close!)

27. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@whenoceansrise: we are doing maternity pics October 14. My bday.

28. Adira

@whenoceansrise: I think I felt the same way with my first. I pretty much waited until after my shower so I knew what I still needed to get. Then it was a flurry of activity to order things and get the nursery set up and ready to go!

29. Adira

@snowjewelz: Ummm... yeah, Thanksgiving is only two weeks before your due date!!!! But then again, I didn't get everything done until 39 weeks, the day before I went into labor!

30. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I have been in contractor hell. We are trying to get some work done around the house. Still waiting on crown moulding for Ds room. Her furniture should be arriving sometime in October. It's made in Romania and it takes forever, we ordered back in June. Third trimester is kicking my butt, I'm dead tired by 6.

31. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@sandy- how are you doing? Thinking of you

32. winniebee

@Adira: canines were bad he ate so poorly! The 2y molars seem to mostly just affect his nap. As in he won't take one many days.

33. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: That's great! I have an October birthday too! October 1st

34. winniebee

@BandDmommy: that's a fun bday gift!! I can barely keep my eyes open after lunch so some days try to sneak in a cat nap if Tyler naps. I'm utterly exhausted by 9 and if I don't catch that bedtime wind then then it's so much more difficult for me to fall asleep at night.

35. Adira

@BandDmommy: Holy smokes, Romanian furniture?? I can't wait to see the pictures once her room is complete!

@winniebee: So far (knock on wood) the canines haven't affected his eating, just sleep. But who knows... I probably just jinxed us.

36. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@whenoceansrise: nice!!! I'm October 14

37. snowjewelz

@Adira: Argh, so annoying that I have off but then I can't really put off anything big to do then!

I def think we need to set up the crib, buy/set up the dresser and buy our rocker before the shower, so then after the shower we'd just be setting up those things and buying whatever we still need. And I guess before Thanksgiving is when I need to have all the last min stuff done to like packing hospital bag. Sry, totally thinking out loud here!

@BandDmommy: Oo! I bet it's all worth the wait!

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: it's same brand we got for B. http://www.rominafurniture.com
    We got the cleopatra in a antique gray. LOVE it!!!

39. Adira

@snowjewelz: Definitely at least open the crib and stuff ahead of time! We went to setup ours for Xander and it was damaged! So then it was a couple more weeks I think before we got an exchange.

@BandDmommy: That is GORGEOUS. I can't wait to see her room all completed!!

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Yuck, the insomnia is hitting me hard too I bet you're so busy with moving in, etc.! I can't imagine.

@whenoceansrise: @Adira: @snowjewelz: We're opting to not do maternity photos. Is it horrible that I'm just going to send out a late Christmas card once we've had newborn pics done? Ha.

@BandDmommy: Such pretty furniture! I can't wait to see the nursery all set up

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee