Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: sorry you are going through this. I'd definitely call your OB and confirm. We were supposed to go on baby moon to Hawaii around 32 weeks but I personally didn't feel comfortable being that far from home.

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@BandDmommy: it's looking great! I have nothing done yet lol.

Nostalgic about all of the ftms having baby showers so soon! Enjoy!!!

3. winniebee

@missybear: welcome back! I know plenty of ppl who flipped at 35+ weeks! So there is more than enough time

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

For those with 2 or more LOs what diaper bag are you going to use? I have a petunia pickle bottom weekender but I'm starting to want a new diaper bag. I have been using a Michael Kors bag with just B but I think I'm going to have to go back to an actual diaper bag. B is not potty trained so I still have to carry diapers and wipes.

5. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Ugh my morning sickness is back. I was hoping yesterday was a fluke.... But it appears it was not

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@BandDmommy: Ugh, that sucks about the morning sickness. Fingers crossed it's just a two day thing and you'll feel better soon.

As far as diaper bag, I have no idea. We have a messenger type bag for Xander. I'm kind of hoping to get away with just using that, but I'm not sure it will really be big enough... Like you, I still have to carry diapers and wipes for Xander, although hoping to use the same wipes for both... Maybe I'll just be carrying less changes of clothes, haha.

7. winniebee

In case anyone missed it, our fellow December mom Sandy is in the hospital with complications.

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/im-in-the-hospital?replies=121

8. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@BandDmommy: What?! Ugh I'm so sorry!

Let's all keep Sandy in our thoughts & prayers. I can't believe her situation worsened... I think we were all optimistic, hoping that the doctors were just being cautious/proactive. Really praying hard that her LO will pull through in there!

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Thanks for posting that here too. Thinking about and praying for you and baby girl, Sandy!!

10. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I was chatting with @winniebee and we want to do something for Sandy. If you are interested please let either me or @winniebee know.

11. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: I am!

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BandDmommy: @winniebee: Interested! Please keep me in the loop.

13. Adira

@BandDmommy: @winniebee: Definitely interested!

14. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: I'm interested too!

15. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@BandDmommy: totally interested!!

16. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@winniebee: please let me know what you guys are planning, I'd love to help.

17. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@BandDmommy: I am definitely in, great idea

18. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@BandDmommy: @winniebee: Please count me in as well. I'm going to be offline all weekend (starting this afternoon), but am interested. THanks!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@BandDmommy: I am interested please wall me

20. Adira

I swear my mom is trying to drive me insane. She's going to (supposedly) watch Xander when I go into labor. I got into an argument with her about where she would be sleeping because we are turning the guest room into Xander's new room and no longer have the guest bed. I told her she could sleep upstairs (where Xander's room is) on the futon or she could sleep downstairs in our master (and put Xander in a pack 'n play since she's uncomfortable sleeping on a different floor than him). She got mad we were planning on getting rid of the guest bed instead of keeping it just for her one night stay (if that). Then a couple weeks ago, her and my dad came over to get some furniture and we were painting the guest room and she asked AGAIN where we were planning on having them sleep because we had just gotten rid of the guest bed. I reiterated that we had the futon upstairs or she could sleep in our master. She AGAIN was all "I would've preferred you keep the guest bed for us" and I was just like "Too late." And now she's e-mailed me AGAIN asking where she's going to sleep. Is she going senile or trying to drive me nuts????

21. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Poor Sandy! Il help out any way I can.

Thanks for all the quilt love! My sewing machine had broken so it's going to have to remain unfinished until I figure something out.

My DH got offered a promotion today which obviously is great for him. He is being made head of finance at his company. He is really happy and I am too but on a purely selfish level I am a little concerned as it means MUCH longer hours and lots of international travel. Im kind of worried about what will happen when the baby comes as he will never be home. I know i should just be thankful he was given the opportunity but a while ago he was hospitalised and he is still in and out of hospital on an almost weekly basis as they still don't know what is causing his numbness and I think extra stress can't be good. Sorry for this. I just need to unload. I am being really ungrateful I realise.

Hope everyone is good.

22. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: that's great about the promotion but I'm sorry he's still struggling with his health. My husband is Head of Finance at his company as well and works a TON, so I feel your pain. I hope he feels better soon!!

23. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: that's annoying, I'm sorry. I moved our guest bedroom into the room that shares a bathroom with B. I know my MIL is going to flip out when she finds out she doesn't have her own bathroom, when she comes to visit in a few weeks. I'm hoping DH will build out the guest bedroom in the basement because I'd prefer her to be downstairs (there's full bathroom in basement, so she wouldn't have to share).

24. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@BandDmommy: I am interested! I feel terrible about how suddenly it all came up for her. Let me know what I can do!

25. Adira

@Mrs.Lilac: Congratulations on your husband's promotion!! That's amazing!! But I totally hear you about the long hours and travel. I wouldn't like that either. Hopefully it won't be as bad as you fear. And I'm sorry to hear they STILL don't know what is causing his numbness. I can't believe it.

@BandDmommy: haha, first world problems, right?? At least you still HAVE a guest room! I'd like to someday finish our basement so that we can have a guest room down there or something, but that won't be anytime soon! Hopefully your MIL doesn't give you much issues with the new arrangement!

26. snowjewelz

@Adira: Haha I don't understand either; but the hearts of grandmas are hard to fathom! Maybe she feels like she's not the honored/welcome guest and that you just plan to plug on somewhere, anywhere. But like you said, it's too late! Where are you sleeping if they can take the master?!

@Mrs.Lilac: Congrats to your hubby! I totally get how you feel though. Due to my recent freak out about not having income during maternity leave, DH said he'd most likely be teaching a class and can earn extra money, so while I appreciate that, at the same time I was like, you will be out another night? I would def just try to keep him in check w/ his health & not worry about the hours, for now... You are not being ungrateful! I think it's very normal for us, in this nesting phase to want our husbands by ourside 24/7 lol!

27. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: congrats on the promotion! No reason to apologize for unloading! Thinking about having a new baby with DH gone a lot would make me worried too, parenting on your own can be hard! I am sure it will all work out though and hopefully end up being a great thing for your family.

@Adira: I am sorry your mom is driving you crazy! What is it about mothers? Mine has definitely had her moments lately. I would probably start ignoring her, but I also live half way across the country from my mom, so that would work in the short term, but not so much if you live close. Hope she gets it soon!

28. Adira

@snowjewelz: We'll be at the hospital! She's just coming (and spending the night) when I'm in labor and if we end up staying the night at the hospital. Otherwise she won't even have to stay, which is why I didn't want to keep a guest bed around for a "just in case" moment! But now I'm offering to buy a brand new spring futon mattress so maybe that will make her feel better about our lack of guest bed, haha.

29. Adira

@MrsScallop: Thanks!! I actually have had to ignore my mom a couple times. Our original guest room argument was all through e-mail, so I ended up just not responding to them because I thought she was being ridiculous. And I've definitely had to be more forceful with her than I used to be in the past! Oh well!

30. snowjewelz

@Adira: Ohh right haha! Maybe they feel weird sleeping in your bed? But seriously, its just for one night, and you need to give birth!

31. Adira

@snowjewelz: Yeah, she's just being crazy. I don't even think she cares about sleeping in our bed - but it's on a different floor from Xander's bedroom and she's not comfortable being on a different floor from him. I told her she could put him in a pack 'n play on the master bedroom floor so that she could be comfortable and on the same floor as him, but she was all "But then HE won't be comfortable!" I want to just roll my eyes at her and be like "Just figure it out!"

32. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: ha, you are too nice! Hopefully the new futon wins her over!

33. snowjewelz

@Adira: And this is all based on just the possibility

34. Adira

Just finished painting Xander's new room!!

35. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: nice! Post pic?

36. snowjewelz

@Adira: Did you ever get your dresser? The glider I wanted went on sale, and then became unavailable! But DH got his parents to buy us one he really likes that's more expensive haha

37. Adira

@BandDmommy: I will once it dries! It's hard to get a picture at the moment because there's furniture in the middle of the room blocking all the good angles.

@snowjewelz: Nope, haven't gotten it yet. I guess I should just go ahead and order it. It's never going to go on sale and I don't want to wait.

38. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yeah I would just do it! That recliner bounced back to the original price but it's still out of stock! I got tired of stalking it!

39. Adira

@snowjewelz: Just ordered it!!!

40. snowjewelz

@Adira: Woo! I was your enabler, haha.

I really suddenly feel like time is running out and I just want to do anything that I can! Just yesterday I put the deposit down for daycare & signed up for the hospital tour/lamaze class. I want to check things off the list so badly these days!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee