Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: my mom is throwing a family get-together that will be sort of a sprinkle. I've been a little resistant since it's #2 for us, but I'm sure it will be fun. It's 10/19 so I'll be one day shy of 34 weeks.

With M I had a routine OB appointment the day after my shower and was put on bedrest. Hopefully we have better luck this time!

2. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

No shower for me either, though I suspect my co-workers are up to something.

I did a registry on Amazon, BBB and Target just in case family are looking for ideas and for completion discounts. I sort of wish I would have skipped BBB since their discount is only 10% and most of the items are cheaper on Amazon anyway.

3. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

My shower is 2 weeks away! I'm seriously bad at stalking my target registry even though nothing has been purchased yet.
    I did add this totally unneeded but absolutly adorable walker to my registry last night: http://www.target.com/p/combi-all-in-one-mobile-entertainer/-/A-15202946?registryId=MFp_EU2W7Og3_p-9M1KWOw&regTitle=Kristy%20:%20Josh%27s&itemLineNum=119&reqQty=1&regPurQty=0&regMode=GG&preSelFlag=1&regPage=RGG
    How cute is that!?

4. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: We have a shower on October 5th! I can't wait!!

5. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

no shower for us since its #2

6. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

No shower for me either since it is #2. I'd love to have some sort of celebration for this baby, possibly because of the stress he is putting us through, but I doubt it will happen unless someone surprises me. I just have a strong desire celebrate his arrival as much as my first.

7. missybear

grape / 88 posts

I had my shower two weeks ago! It was wonderful... and very large. I got a ton of baby clothes, and almost everyting we need for the little guy. Now all that is left for us to get is a diaper pail, a video monitor, waterproof crib protectors, and a changing pad cover. Not too shabby, we feel very blessed. We also had a diaper raffle and ended up with 700 diapers, sized NB to 2! Woo!

8. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@missybear: Nice, those diapers should last a while! Glad you enjoyed your shower!

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@BandDmommy: My sister is throwing my shower on Nov 1st

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@missybear: Amazing!!!!

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Boobs are super sore today DH says do you have milk yet??...Good question do I???...lol

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: Adorable I'd def register for that...why not?!?!?

13. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

I am so behind on everyone's updates due to craziness at work, but I am so thankful it is Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year) and schools are closed tomorrow and Friday, so I get a 4 day weekend!
    @BandDmommy: my BFF and mom are throwing us a shower in about a month at the end of October. I'll be about 34 wks so hopefully not too big/uncomfortable. We already were gifted a new crib, mattress, high chair, car seat, diaper bag and hand me down clothes so I am feeling prepared. Thanks to my BFF it's going to be casual and laidback which I am happy for.

14. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@BandDmommy: A friend is throwing me one, but not until the beginning of Nov. sometime. It's low-key and just a few friends from my old job basically.

15. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@FaithFertility: you might (colostrum at least)! I gave mine a good squeeze the other day and got a few drops out (just because I was curious - ha!)

16. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@BandDmommy: no shower here since it's #2.

17. winniebee

@FaithFertility: you could have colostrum! My boobs have been sore the whole time though too.

18. winniebee

@missybear: wow that's great!

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

For those doing maternity pics... What are you wearing? Ours are October 14 and I have NO idea...

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Yeah nipples have alwaysed stayed sore, but yesterday and this morning still all around sore..

@BandDmommy: Nope......ours are Oct 18th and I have nooooo ideas.......I see stuff on pinterest, but in reality have no idea where to find anything like it, I kinda want casual, but not jeans ...we went that route for engagment pics so I want these to be different!

21. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@FaithFertility: I don't want jeans either. I'm going to look for a dress today.

22. winniebee

@BandDmommy: I need to figure this out.....finding new local photographer as well as something to wear

23. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@missybear: Nice diaper haul! That's awesome!!

@FaithFertility: I have milk, but I'm not sure if that's just because I never fully dried up from when I was nursing (stopped nursing 4 months ago).

24. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

It's raining and yucky today so I don't feel bad about dragging B to the mall this afternoon. I showed DH a dress online and I was going to order it and he's like, why don't you just go to the mall and pick it up and save on shipping? LOL, mall plus toddler sounds like an awesome idea.

25. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@missybear: that's great! I have to start going through diapers soon and determine what we need. I saved B's extra diapers.

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@BandDmommy: Hope you find something, and LO is cooperative

27. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@FaithFertility: hahahhaha those are big "ifs"

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@BandDmommy:

29. Adira

@BandDmommy: Good luck at the mall! I'm a scaredy-cat and rarely take Xander shopping with me! I go shopping on weekends so I can leave him home with Hubs.

30. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MISS ARIEL: So sorry to hear I am def here for support! GD life is not horrible; there are tons of good things that come out of it. But it is annoying for sure! Let me know in anyway that I can help!

I think this has been the longest I had been away from HB! Had a conference type thing Mon-Wed, and I still had to get on at night to catch on on work, so I'm exhausted!

My shower date is 10/18 so it's sandwiched right between some of yours

We're staying put for Christmas probably! My family will for sure come over... His family probably will come visit too since everyone lives within one hour drive. I'm not going anywhere!

31. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: I'm still in search of the perfect outfit! I'll probably wear a maxi dress or a shorter dress with tights, boots, and a scarf. I love fall!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Our little thumb sucker She was sucking away the entire time!!!!

They got the picture they needed and I found out I passed my GD test! Plus I'm off work today!!!!

Good day!!!!

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

34. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@FaithFertility: so cute!!! we don't have the option for a 3 or 4-d ultrasound- but I love seeing them!

35. Adira

@FaithFertility: Congrats on passing your glucose test! And so cute about her sucking her thumb!!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Hope work slows down for you!

37. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I had my last MFM appointment yesterday, yippee! I'll just be seen by my OB and have routine sonograms at her office nearly every week for the duration. I've scheduled the remainder of my appointments and am ready to be done with this phase of spending way too much time with my OB.

Now I start the scramble to get all the things we need and actually get a room ready for K.

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ughhhh ladies I'm just sooo off about this....so I haf to get the ultrasound today because apparently at the 20week scan they either didn't get a clear view of left side of heart or no picture......and we just found this out last week, which i thought was weird....so we went today.....

Nurse just called back and says well Dr. Says your growth and fluid ultrasound looks great! Which is fabolous, but what about that picture of heart is that ok?
    ..She says I see nothing about the heart being checked by him!?!??!?!

WHAT?? I mean get it together, just puts a bad taste in my mouth!

I am blessed all looks great, but I think man they seem unorginzed..P.S. this is the best OBGYN office in my area people swear by them!

39. Adira

@MamaG: How exciting!! Glad you're done with MFM!!! I can't believe you've scheduled the rest of your appointments already. AND are being seen weekly! I'm still going every 4 weeks and will be until around 38 weeks.

40. Adira

@FaithFertility: Wait - WTF?? So WEEKS after your 20 week u/s, your doctor is suddenly all "You need another u/s because we didn't get a clear picture of the heart" or something like that. Then you go have the u/s and they're all "Oh, we didn't even look at the heart." WTF are they doing??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee