Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: I'm glad you got some rest yesterday and that it helped. I definitely notice WAY more contractions when I'm at work and they taper down the next day. I doubt that my OB will let me work much longer, but if it helps me avoid actual bedrest I'd be fine with that. I definitely could have help (my mom is about 45 minutes away and doesn't work) but it still worries me. M and I are actually at my parents' house for the weekend so I have lots of help with her and I'm resting more than usual. I hope you have some time to rest this weekend too!

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Happy Shower Day

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Hope you are getting some rest!!! I hope those contractions stay away!!!!!!

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsF: yeah even an hour at home with a toddler is hard work! There's not any real way to rest while they are awake (unless you plant them in front of the tv!). Could you work from home? Maybe just being able to be home on your couch during the work day would help?

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@FaithFertility: Thank you! Home now & soooo exhausted! I thought I would be so excited to organize and put things away but nope; just shoved everything into the nursery Really want to just pass out now!

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Mrs. BD: I'm still sleeping okay, but I wake up multiple times to pee and it's hard to get comfortable. As far as a diaper bag, I just have one from Babies 'R Us that's a black messenger bag. I don't know if it will be good for two kids or not, but I was going to keep it for now. I can't believe you only have 4 weeks left!!!

@MrsF: Sorry to hear about the OB appointment. Hopefully it was just a fluke about your BP and it goes back to normal. Hopefully everything is okay.

7. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: I'm an ICU nurse, so I'm running around for 12 hours and no option to work from home It's ok though, my OB knows what my job looks like and I'll be fine with stopping when she thinks I need to.

@Adira: thank you! I hope so too.

8. winniebee

@MrsF: ooooh ok. Yeah no working from home and no slowing down at work. Which means you need to slow down at home for sure!!!

9. winniebee

@snowjewelz: hope you had a great day!

10. snowjewelz

@MrsF: That must be intense! Take care!

@winniebee: It was really nice! I'm now into the next step trying to figure out the best bargain way to completely my registry. I pretty much set up the same items across 3 registries and I want to compare prices/coupon values, etc!

11. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: thanks Glad you had fun at your shower!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I bet!!!! I've heard it can be overwhelming!!!!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Houston we have a crib! ♥ DH did a great job!

14. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@FaithFertility: nice!!

15. winniebee

@FaithFertility: nice job!!

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: very nice! makes it seem much more real

17. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Hey guys, as usual I am dipping intobthis thread infrequently at the moment. I'm a little depressed when I come on HB as I'm still waiting to move house so im in total limbo and can't get anything ready or start nesting. DH had told me not to order anything until we move but it's getting me really stressed as I literally have nothing we are hoping to move in the next 2 weeks but then il be so close to due date. I'm avoiding pregnancy threads as everyone has stuff ready and nursery set up and It makes me feel so worried. Sorry for the moan but it's all so overwhelming to think I have to pack up and move then buy EVERYTHING needed for baby. Ugh

18. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: while we were prepared as we could be for #1, she slept in our room for nearly 3 months so she didn't really need her room ready. And I had an unplanned csection and had to limit stairs. We quickly had to improvise a changing area downstairs. I understand your stress but all will be okay even if not 100% done as planned.

19. Adira

@FaithFertility: Love the crib! It looks fantastic!!

@Mrs.Lilac: Ugh, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to move while pregnant!! I would maybe look into getting one of those Pack 'n Plays or something - it'll be useful in general and then you at least know you've got somewhere for the baby to sleep! And really, you don't NEED much else - we used to change Xander on the dining table and we just kept his clothes in the laundry room. HUGS! I hope you move soon so you can really get started!

20. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

It was a productive weekend. The guest room is probably about one more hour of organization from being done. I got most of the remaining registry items this weekend including a shelf for toy organization for C. Now I just need to go through toys and get them organized. We also put the swing together. They take up so much room. I essentially have three weekends left to get done.

21. Adira

Gahh, I forgot my Tums at home!!! Heartburn sucks!!!

@MamaG: Very nice! We need to put our swing back together too, though we'll probably do that last minute. I can't believe how close you are!

22. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: Aww it's okay! I'm doing stuff, but there's still SO much to be done! I feel like Nov will be a very busy month for all of us!

@Adira: Aww I wish I can give you my giant tub that I don't use since I realize I hate Tums!

23. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, me too! I'm just going to have to avoid chocolate today, which is one of my biggest triggers!

24. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: Nice!! Looks good

@Mrs.Lilac: Ah, that sounds so stressful! I'm sorry things aren't settled for you right now. If it makes you feel better, we're staying in our one-bedroom apartment, so we don't really have a nursery and haven't gotten any furniture yet for the babe Well, we finally ordered our rocking chair yesterday, but it's not going to be ready for delivery until Dec 16-20!! Oops. Probably should have ordered sooner. All that to say, you're not alone in feeling unprepared.

@MamaG: Sounds like a very productive weekend!! Nice!

25. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

We have a Gerber factory where I live and every year they host a mommy-to-be event & I was lucky enough to be invited to attend. They gave me a HUGE box full of all Gerber and Nestle products. Then they gave me a diaper bag full of even more goodies AND I won a Graco Snugride carseat. It was awesome!

As far as diaper bags go, is it really necessary to have a certain kind? I was just planning on buying a cutle little back pack from target and using that as my diaper bag.

Also, I've had ZERO heartburn thoughout this entire pregnancy. I'm afraid that means my baby will be bald!

26. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Um, that is AWESOME about the Gerber event and all the cool stuff you won!!!! Soooooo jealous!!!

As far the diaper bag, I just find diaper bags in general have more pockets and stuff than other bags. That's the only reason I prefer that over other back packs we have. But if you find something you like, I don't think it HAS to be a diaper bag!!

And I had heartburn with Xander and he still has very little hair at 19 months, so it's not a reliable indicator!

27. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: At our last scan I asked the tech if he had any hair yet and she said he just had a little bit of peach fuzz. I think I'm just going to try out the back pack and see how it works for me. I can always just buy a diaper bag if I need to!

28. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@whenoceansrise: Nice haul! I've always carried a diaper bag (for the pockets and built in changing pad). But when LO turned about 2.5 I finally ditched and just carry a bigger purse now on the weekend.

I've been very fortunate on the heartburn this pregnancy as well.

29. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: Probably smart to wait on the swing. C has tried to climb into and has been great at seeing just how fast she get it to rock. I have visions of our baby going flying across the room.

30. Adira

@MamaG: Oh my gosh, hahahaha, I can totally see Xander doing something like that!

31. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: That's awesome

2nd time mom's - So how much clothes do you really need? I got a ton of hand me downs, thankfully I didn't get a lot of random outfits at the shower, so now I'm trying to figure out how much more clothes to buy. I'm assuming they change probably at least 3 times a day due to spit ups and what not

32. Adira

@snowjewelz: I honestly forget how often we changed Xander during the day because of spit up and other stuff, but he did constantly wear a bib. And I kept him in easy outfits (pjs!). And I remember we did laundry every day in the very beginning, haha.

33. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: We didn't change often. While it seemed like LO spit up often it was typically during feedings (burps) and we used burp clothes. My memory might be jaded.

We also had an abundance of clothes (and still do!) so I still only did laundry weekly. We kept it simple as well. LO was a late summer birthday so she wore a lot of just onesies. Given the season I expect to keep K in pajamas. I won't do pants at least until she loses her cord.

34. snowjewelz

@Adira: @MamaG: Oook. No excuse to go nuts buying cute clothes

35. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Just got TDAP! Still a zillion things left to do. I've put myself on modified bedrest until I make it to 37 weeks. I do fun activity in morning with B, workout, etc and in the afternoon I spend lounging while B plays in playroom. I feel like bad mom but if it gets me to term, it will be worth it.

36. Adira

@BandDmommy: Good for you! Do what you have to do to keep that baby safe and on the inside for as long as possible! B may not understand now, but he also won't remember this time! Good luck!

37. winniebee

@BandDmommy: that sounds good. That's what I'm doing minus the workout - activity in the morning and staying home and resting in the afternoons.

@snowjewelz: I would probably just wait to see how big the baby is and how much you are needing. I think we went through 3 outfits a day some days from poop and spit up but other days it was probably only one. And then pjs.

@Mrs.Lilac: man I'm sorry! try not to stress though! As others have said the baby does not need much at first and might sleep in your room for awhile. We also have not a thing set up for a nursery and lent out the items that I want in the very beginning and haven't gotten them back yet. So we are very unprepared too

38. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@whenoceansrise: That sounds like a great event! Also - I've had pretty bad heartburn with both pregnancies and M was almost completely bald until not too long ago.

@snowjewelz: The quantity probably depends on how often you can do laundry, but M lived in little zip or button up sleepers for a looong time. I have some hand-me-downs and I bought a bunch of sleepers in NB and 3 months when Carter's was having a big sale so I think we'll be ok.

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: That makes a lot of sense. It's so hard to limit activity while caring for a toddler!

40. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: I STILL have yet to get both the flu shot and Tdap! I never had a PCP since we moved, and the one DH went to won't accept new patients! Sooo annoying!

@MrsF: Carter's having a good sale now so I'm tempted to buy a few things! I think I might just buy a Christmas outfit then, or two...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee