Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: Aww poor thing. I hope she starts to feel better soon.

2. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

This thread moves so fast! We're having our maternity pictures taken this friday then saturday is our baby shower. After that I'm really going to have to buckle down on getting everything ready!

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@cheert16: that's awesome way to go!

4. winniebee

@FaithFertility: Beautiful!!

5. winniebee

@MrsF: That's a pretty good size!!! My doc has stressed that often percentiles go down later on in pregnancy because if you are destined to have a smaller baby, they just don't gain at the rate of 1/2 lb a week after 30/32 weeks.

6. winniebee

Toaster strudels are way underrated. Yum. My son and I both have colds. What's the saying....feed a cold?

7. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@FaithFertility: thank you! You look stunning in your photos. Love them!

@snowjewelz: good idea! I still have ultrasound photos from #1 floating around along with those for this one and really need to do something about that. Maybe another trip to target is needed

@MamaG: ugh, sorry your family is sick! I hope they get better soon and don't get you before baby comes! It is not fun being sick with a newborn

8. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@winniebee: Haha now I want one! I hope you both feel better soon!

@MrsScallop: Yes! I was rotating ultrasound pics to display on my fridge, then the old ones just pile up in the drawer.. I didn't do anything fancy to the scrapbook, literally just picked the good ones, put them in order, insert them into the sleeves! Maybe one day I'll actually glue them down, write things on them or something...

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: Fun!! Sounds like a busy weekend

@winniebee: Mmm, now I want toaster strudels! Haha. Sorry you're both sick though

10. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@winniebee: yum!

I am feeling ginormous today!! And the maternity pants I am wearing are not so comfortable!! I am thankful most days at work I can wear yoga pants- because these pants are driving me nuts!

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@cheert16: Oh, I am right there with you. I've basically given up on pants, and am only wearing my maternity leggings or dresses these days!

12. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Pants? What's that?

13. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@theotherstark: @snowjewelz: at least it isn't just me!!

14. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I just got the call from BBB, our glider is in! Yippee! It took about 4.5 weeks rather than their estimated 6-8 weeks.

15. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: I hope that's the case and we both just have small babies

Hope you and T are feeling better soon!

@MamaG: Great news! We got our glider from BBB (2 years ago) and it came in early too.

16. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: yay!!!

2nd time mamas are you feeling guilty about the new baby? Hormones are getting to me. B is so freaking sweet. I'm getting sad that are mommy and B time will be coming to an end. He has been such a cuddle bug and insists on cuddles, kisses and hugs all the time. On our walk today he told me 5 times we needed to take a "cuddle break."

17. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@BandDmommy: I've been okay the last couple weeks, but a few weeks before that, I was a wreck with how guilty I felt. I was going to bed crying every night because I feel like we're turning his world upside down for selfish reasons and he's going to be so lost and hurt when I suddenly don't have as much time for him anymore. Ugh... I can't think about it.

18. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: That's so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time

I've been a wreck too M just seems so little and needs so much from me and I just feel horribly guilty. I'm supposed to be taking it easy physically and DH keeps trying to get me to stay downstairs on the couch while he puts her to bed, but I just can't do it! I have this major need to snuggle my little girl and bedtime is the one time I can guarantee she'll be up for it. I just keep trying to tell myself that I'm giving her the gift of a sibling. It's tough though!

19. winniebee

Our furniture is in! Gotta get it delivered in next week or so!

20. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Yay! Glad to know yours came in early too! I really think they just super pad it to cover themselves! You are going to love it! I want to sit on it all day now already

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: @winniebee: @snowjewelz: I'm jealous your furniture is in! We were late on the ball ordering our rocking chair (mid-October, I think?), and it's not going to be delivered until some time in December Lame!

@BandDmommy: Awww, that is so sweet. Try not to feel too bad - siblings are so much fun It's going to be so different for him, but he's still so young that it won't be super traumatic or anything!

22. Adira

@winniebee: Yay!! Exciting!!!

23. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Hopefully it will come early too like ours did! Mine had like a month shipping window, well into December as well. I literally called a week before it arrived and they insisted that was the window!

24. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@BandDmommy: I definitely do feel a little guilty, especially with the holidays, her birthday, and hospital time coming up. She is firmly on Team Mommy lately and that doesn't help.

25. winniebee

@theotherstark: our glider isn't here yet though. Probably (hopefully) later this month!

26. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm just glad that I actually might get to finish the nursery BEFORE K is born. I was really expecting to get this chair either literally right before birth or after.

27. winniebee

I feel sad sometimes about all the changes coming for my little man. He's totally into all things mommy lately and we have had so much time alone together lately. But I think he's old enough to understand what is happening and seems genuinely interested and excited in his baby brother. He always wants to give him hugs (ie hug my belly) and say hi to him, etc. I'm sure the transition will be tough and it breaks my heart a little to think about sharing my time, but from what others have told me there's enough space in your heart to love two the same and your first does and will adapt

28. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm more scared out of my mind than anything. We are going through really trying threenager moments in our house that are testing my patience daily. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle a newborn and this tiny tyrant that has taken over my toddler. I just pray constantly that this too shall pass and we all survive relatively unscathed.

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: awww its crazy to look back at their photos, such a miracle!

@whenoceansrise: What a fun weeeknd

@winniebee: Yay to furniture coming in, exciting!

30. Adira

Ugh, my package from Toys 'R Us with gifts for Xander from the baby arrived open and empty.

31. snowjewelz

@Adira: whaaaat? like someone took what's inside?!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: WHAT???????......

33. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: wow.. That's awful

34. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: yay!! Furniture!

35. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: That is terrible!! I am so sorry

36. Adira

@snowjewelz: @FaithFertility: @MrsScallop: @BandDmommy: It was one of those large manilla envelopes and it was just stuffed in our mailbox with our other mail, open and empty. I have no idea if someone opened it and took the items out or if maybe it opened and everything fell out in transit.

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: Oh no!

38. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Had my 36 week appt today and asked my Dr. If she had any idea or guess as to when I would go into labor.... So she checked my cervix, I am 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced! Ahhh! So not ready to have this baby yet and he needs another week to 'cook'! I haven't had any Braxton hicks or anything so was not expecting that! 2nd time moms does this mean I will go soon? Or could I have a couple weeks yet? My Dr. Made it sound like I need to be ready but can hopefully make it to 37!

We r probably 2 weeks from having our remodel done, still need to set up the crib and finish baby's room, pack my hospital bag, buy a few things yet like crib sheets, diapers and nursing supplies, I threw the car seat in the truck tonight just in case... yikes!

39. winniebee

@josina: wow that's crazy without any contractions! I walked around 3cm and 50% effaced for about a week before I had my son. So you could very well have some time. If you want to make it another week, try to keep off your feet as much as possible. At the end of the day all the baby needs is somewhere to sleep and some diapers and wipes and a few outfits to start. Of course it would feel better to get everything done though. Good luck!

40. winniebee

@Adira: that's so crappy. I bet if you call they will send you new stuff.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee