Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I'm scared of baby #2 being bigger, but I hear that's common for second babies, right?? Are you nervous about that too?? And Xander had a big head!!! I think our hospital generally just has size 1s though, so I think we'll be okay while we're in the hospital at least!

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@theotherstark: @Adira: I know right! The whole thing was weird. I just got the invite last week and had not even 1 week to RSVP and it's this Sat! And even more weird, the bride has no ties w/ the location the shower is at... I'm thinking maybe one of the bridesmaids/hostess live around there. I hope she will appreciate my effort haha!

3. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Adira: definitely nervous. I have a growth scan next next Wednesday. At this point with Liv she was already six pounds. We saw my husband's cousin's wife a couple weeks ago five days before she gave birth. Our bellies were almost exactly the same size. Her son was 5lbs 14oz. Makes me think this one is going to be huge too.

Our hospital only had NBs and we had a few crazy blow outs so DH had to go home to bring me 1s.

4. Adira

@oliviaoblivia: Are you seeing an OB? Are they doing a growth scan based on the size of Liv at birth? I had a growth scan with Xander when I was 38 weeks, which I think was because my OB thought he was going to be a big baby. I had been previously seeing midwives and got transferred to an OB because of my ITP. This time I've just seen midwives and I don't know that I'll be transferred... I don't know if the midwives do growth scans or not...

5. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Adira: I'm with an OB again. My mom had complications with her third delivery so I'm very pro hospital birth. We're having the growth scan based on L's size at birth, because I'm measuring three weeks ahead in fundal height, and because at an elective 3D US this one had a femur measuring 12 days ahead.

6. Adira

@oliviaoblivia: Oh, I'm pro hospital birth too - my midwives deliver at the hospital and there's always physicians there too just in case. If I remember correctly, I've been measuring right on track based on fundal height. I'll see what they say at my next appointment (Friday). Maybe I should ask about a growth scan, though I'm pretty sure this is just going to be another big baby!

7. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I already know that D will be bigger than B. B was 4.5 lbs born at 34 weeks and I'm now 35 weeks and 2 days.

8. Adira

@BandDmommy: So exciting that you're already 35 weeks!!! You must be thrilled!!

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

We got B a doll to practice being a big bro. He said baby had to play cars.

10. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: I am! It feels like a huge accomplishment. I'm praying I get a "normal delivery" experience. Leaving B at the hospital for 11 days was the worst 11 days of my life.

11. Adira

@BandDmommy: So sweet! And I hope you get that normal delivery experience too! I can't imagine how hard that must be to leave your baby in the hospital alone. When Xander was in the hospital, I left him overnight, but Hubs was able to stay with him, so it's completely different!

12. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: Awww that is so cute!

I will share a funny story at breastfeeding class over the weekend - The nurse asked a maintenance guy to come open the divider to make our classroom bigger. Turns out it's some 18 year old kid, and we were watching a video w/ lots of boobage. I think he opened the door, maybe saw boobs, and then just waited outside till the nurse went to get him

13. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@BandDmommy: Super cute! We ended up getting T the boy Carolle doll and a few accessories and he loves him.

14. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: hahahhaha

15. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: what accessories? I need to get some.

16. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: I actually wasn't sure if there would be other men at the class; I told DH if he was the only one then he could pretend he was just dropping me off & leave haha, but there were a few men!

17. winniebee

@BandDmommy: just a carolle bib bottle and paci. Also got a cheap stroller (New York collection)

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BandDmommy: Too cute!! Love it.

19. Adira

Alright ladies, what do you all have left on your TODO list? I have:

Clean side of garage
    Finish cleaning master bedroom
    Install car seat
    Wash bassinet & sheets
    Wash baby clothes
    Prepare futon & sheets for parents' stay
    Wrap big brother/birthday/Christmas gifts
    Pack hospital bag
    Print Xander's care instructions for parents
    Pre-make lunch for Xander's daycare (last minute)

20. snowjewelz

@Adira: I love listing out things hahaha, but it is very anxiety inducing these days!

Clean out garage (this is DHs job)
    Shop at BBB and order some more stuff from Amazon
    Return a toooonn of things @ Target
    Wash everything
    Pack hospital bag
    Install carseat (DH's job!)
    Get flu/Tdap shot
    Hang nursery prints & set up decal

21. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, your "Hang nursery prints & set up decal" reminds me that baby #2 still has a "Xander" sign hanging in his room. Ooops. I should probably move that to Xander's new room! And I totally agree about the lists and the anxiety!!

22. snowjewelz

@Adira: Hahaha! I'm still debating where to hang up the prints since there was a post not too long ago about hanging things by the crib. I thought it'd be fine since these Ikea frames are so light and not glass, but DH doesn't seem to approve.

23. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: we hung prints above LOs crib and just made sure to pull out crib so it wasn't right against the wall. We also securely put it on the wall.

24. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: I think I will argue w/ DH some more hahaha, I have a feeling I'll get my way at the end of this...

25. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Update - So I have just got back from hospital! I rang my doctor for my blood test results all day and the receptionist kept telling me they hadn't had a chance to look at them so I presumed that meant they can't be too serious. Anyway, I look at my phone a 5.30 and have 5 missed calls from doc. I ring her and she tells me to go straight to hospital for assessment as my liver function is all off. She told me to go instantly as she was works. Had to rush there and they tell me they have to do all the tests again as they don't have the results from the docs! So annoying. They assessed the baby who is fine. They then tell me if I do have this condition called obstetric cholestasis, I have got to be induced next week!! It's all a bit crazy really. On top of that we move house tomorrow. I have so much to do and have nothing ready for the baby. I'm going to be MIA for a couple of days I would think. Wish me luck.

Sorry I havnt kept track of all you guys, feeling a bit selfish just talking about myself! Hope everyone is ok x

26. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Oh my gosh that sounds so stressful! Glad baby is fine and I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of this. I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything works out perfectly fine!

27. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: !! I can't believe you're getting induced next week! I'm glad the baby is fine... Thinking of you all the way across the ocean!!

28. winniebee

@Mrs.Lilac: I really hope you do not have this condition and get to make it to your due date. Thinking of you.

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: oh my gosh.

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: so scary! I hope everything is okay. I know it is stressful, but try to relax as much as you can!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@sandy: I'm glad to seeyou in here, the garland is beautiful
    @snowjewelz: whooooo 8:30 I'm in bed.....lol best of luck
    @BandDmommy: awwee B is adorable
    @Mrs.Lilac: ohhh wow, scary, but had baby is ok, saying prayers for you and a healthy induction!
    @Adira: I feel like our list is huge! But top to dos are:
    Clean out linen closet
    Get spare room ready for my mom and sister
    Back hospital babs
    Wash baby clothes

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Keep going easy week 34 is right around the corner

33. snowjewelz

Since all of us seem to need to wash baby clothes... Am I supposed to use Dreft? Cuz I see Tide and All brands, they also carry free/clear or gentle versions of their detergents...

34. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: I washed in Dreft but You don't have to.

35. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: That seems crazy late for a shower! I hope she appreciates your going.

@BandDmommy: I hadn't realized that you were already past the point where B was born. Great milestone!

@snowjewelz: We already use Tide free & gentle (or whatever it's called), so I never used Dreft - just washed her things with ours.

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Sounds like a dramatic day! That's so crazy that they didn't have the results and that they sent you home without the new results. Glad that you are far enough along that baby is very well developed, but still scary to think about inducing early. Hope things calm down and you can go a little longer!

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I had another not so great OB visit today. My BP was even higher than it's been and fundal height hadn't increased in the last 3 weeks so she sent me over to L&D again to make sure that it's not a matter of pre-e causing decreased blood flow to the baby. They kept me for 5 hours (ugh). NST looks good, labs are fine but they did an ultrasound and baby is much smaller percentile-wise than he was at my last ultrasound. Not small enough to induce today (although she did check my cervix in case they had to), but I'll go back for another NST and 24 hour urine on Thursday.

I'm 36w0d today, which is when I was induced with M, so I'm thankful to keep this baby on the inside a little longer - getting frustrated, nervous with the various complications though . Thanks for listening to all of this stuff over the last few weeks, ladies!

38. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

Thank you everyone for your thoughts! It is so nice to have you all for support

@sandy: Beautiful garland! I ended up letting my husband put the tree up last night, so I have joined the early Christmas gang here. So glad to see you pop in too! I think of you and your family often.

@Adira: I have 1 big box each of NB, 1, and 2 sized diapers right now that I got when Target had a big sale. We cloth diaper mostly, so I am hoping they last!

@MrsF: Sorry your BP keeps getting higher and you have more complications to worry about. Be proud you have kept baby in this long. I'll have my fingers crossed that you can make it even longer!

@snowjewelz: Hooray for feeling better! Also, agree that bridal shower seems really late, and especially with the drive, I'm not sure I'd even go. Hope it goes well!

@BandDmommy: B is adorable! Also, huge congrats on making it beyond 34 weeks! Keep cooking D!

@Mrs.Lilac: Oh, I am so sorry to see this! I hope your blood work comes back with out you needing to be induced yet. And definitely don't feel selfish! You and your baby's health are what are most important.

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsF: that is super frustrating! Ugh, I'm sorry about your BP, and it's scary to hear about the growth. Hopefully everything checks out okay at your next appt, but I'm glad that you're getting past the point you were with M! That is good, at least. Thinking about you!

40. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: Ugh, I have so many To Do's left, but it is good to make a list so I can see what needs to be done. These are the big baby/family related things:
    - Buy cloth diapers.
    - Get sheets
    - Wash clothes, diapers, bedding, swaddles, and decide if he needs anything else
    - Find car seat and base in the garage, make sure newborn infant insert is in place.
    - Pack hospital bag.
    - Deep clean whole apartment to prep for family staying with us to watch LO #1 while baby is in the hospital.
    - Get LO #1 her big sister/birthday gifts. Plan special day for her before brother is born.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee