Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@sandy: thanks for popping in...thinking of you guys! So soon until you meet baby Ava.

2. winniebee

My husband is on this crazy call this weekend and yesterday was gone from 6a-7:30p and then again from 11:30p-3a....then left again at 6:30a. Luckily my parents came up for the day yesterday and my dad played with T and kept me company while I directed my mom from the couch. She hung all of our pictures, hung some more curtains, and put away the remaining boxes. She also brought pasta sauce and sausages, bread and cheese as well as everything needed for beef stew all chopped up for me to throw together this week. It's such a relief! I made it to 33w and my contractions are under control (I still have them frequently but they are no worse than a week ago) so I feel very good about making it until 34w, which is a huge benchmark week for the baby's lung development and feeding.

3. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: that's great!! Keep taking it easy!

4. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MrsScallop: glad you got a precise diagnosis. Hoping everything works out for the best.

5. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@winniebee: glad to hear your contractions are stable. Only a few more weeks! Hang in there baby! Your mom sounds awesome. My SO has been working lots of overtime to save up for when baby comes and I hate not having him around

6. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@BandDmommy: aww he was sleepy?!

7. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@sandy: I'm sure our neighbors think we are crazy too, but there is no way I'm putting up a tree one week after a c-section. The reality is that most of the tree assembly and decorating is my job. And C was so excited to see the tree this morning, she declared it AMAZING! I just never expected to be that person that puts up the tree on November 1.

8. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: I know that darn grass is always greener. I'm just thankful that I still have the energy and can get these things done. My past pregnancy including extremely painful sciatica that really limited my abilities.

9. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Drapes are shortened, stitch witchery for the win! I hope making the crib skirt is painless. I realized a little bit ago that I actually have to measure and cut, this is where sewing projects really lose my interest.

10. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsF: it is so hard to "take it easy" when you feel like there is so much to be done. And I struggled so much with not doing things bc it seemed like such a little thing but my DH kept telling me that it's not that one little thing doing a bunch of little things throughout thr day that is tough on our bodies - so just don't do it at all. Hang in there!

11. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@BandDmommy: cutie

12. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: I'm so glad you got some help!!! Keep taking it easy and keep baby in there! You are doing a great job!

13. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

Decorated the garland this morning - it's starting to look like Christmas!

14. winniebee

@sandy: looks awesome I am jealous!

15. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Oh, I like the garland. I've always swagged it from the top of the banisters, never thought to have it at the bottoms.

And yes, all the ladies that need to be taking it easy, please do. We don't all need to turn into November moms

16. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MamaG: we did it from the bottom bc my LO is obsessed with holding onto the top of the banister when going up and down the stairs.

17. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MamaG: So impressed your tree is up already!! But smart to do it ahead of time!

@sandy: Always so nice to see you here!! Hope everything is going as well as can be expected for you and Ava!

And I LOVE your Christmas decorations on your banisters!! So jealous! We have stairs, but no railing like that so we can't do anything like that. I LOVE the look of it though!!

@BandDmommy: I suspect Xander is going to be ALL over the baby gear when we get it out of storage. I suspect he's going to be all over the swing once it's up.

@winniebee: So glad to hear you've been able to take it easy and get some help!! Stay put baby!!

18. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@sandy: beautiful!! Love your paint color!

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: I'm feeling pretty crummy TBH, but it's hard to know what is due to general third trimester stuff and what is the pre-e progressing. I have an appointment tomorrow so I'm sort of eager to see my OB. Also I'm 36+0 tomorrow, which is when I had M - so I'll be happy to pass that milestone. Thanks for asking and so cute to see B getting ready for baby sister!

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Glad you're still doing well at 33w and that you got some help from your parents this weekend!

@sandy: love the garland. It looks great!

21. winniebee

@MrsF: great milestone! Keep that baby cooking!

22. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@sandy: aw it looks great. I was walking around humming christmas tunes today. Never too early!

@MrsF: hope you have a good appt tomorrow!

My SO put the crib together today, cleaned the bathroom and made me dinner . We are checking things off our to do list and it feels so good!!!

23. winniebee

@magnolia: that's awesome!

24. Adira

Ladies - have you bought/gotten diapers for the baby yet? What sizes and how many do you have? Should I get one small package of NB and the rest 1s??

25. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: I just realized I don have any 1s yet, but I would think those are the most important. We have lots of NB size leftover from M (she came home in preemie diapers) but I have to remember we may not need them, at least for long. Thanks for the reminder

26. winniebee

@Adira: I bought a pack of preemie size as well as a case of 80 NB. But I know this baby is going to be 6lb or less.

27. Adira

@MrsF: haha, you're welcome!

@winniebee: Ahh, see, Xander was almost 9 lbs when he was born, so I'm assuming this baby will be similar (or bigger...). But figuring out how many diapers of a particular size to get is hard!

28. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Ahh, I feel so behind on this thread after a few days! Everyone looks so cute in their Halloween outfits

@Mrs.Lilac: Argh - I hope they figure out what it is soon! Hopefully things are all okay.

@MrsScallop: That's scary, but it's so great that you have a better idea of what is going on and how to proceed. Good news

@sandy: It's so good to hear from you! The garland looks great; I've seen some friends do it on the bottom like that and I always think it looks so nice.

@MrsF: Sorry you've been feeling so crummy Bah.

29. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Adira: I had no idea how many of what diapers to get. Ha. I have two smaller packs of newborn (I think they're about 44 each or so), plus some newborn diapers that everyone wrote on at the shower. I also have one pack of size 1. Who knows how big he'll be, though! We'll see

30. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: We stocked up on diapers. I probably don't have the right mix of sizes but we have at least 12 boxes ranging from NB to 4. I feel like we have too many 1 and 2's. We have one box of NB and I feel like that's all we went through with C. The NB were really used for her until her cord fell off.

31. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsScallop: So glad that the doctor is able to give you more details so at least you can be prepared! You are in my thoughts & prayers!

@MamaG: Christmas tree up already! That's awesome! I don't even know when the fresh cut trees are starting to go on sale at the farms; we're probably not getting it till closer to Thanksgiving probably!

@sandy: Those stairs are a beauty! Sending you & Ava lots of love... Can't believe your c-section is coming up!!

@winniebee: You're getting there! Good job!

@Adira: I ordered a 80 pack NB size and then a bigger pack (100 something) of size 1 so far

I am finally feeling better! I think I will call tomorrow to re-schedule my shots finally! And praaaay that I don't get sick from that!

32. Adira

@snowjewelz: Glad you're feeling better!!! Hopefully you stay that way for the rest of your pregnancy (and beyond)!!

33. winniebee

@Adira: I might just get a small pack of newborns and then a case of 1s. Even if he's 9 lb he will wear 1s for awhile!

34. winniebee

@snowjewelz: glad you feel better!!

35. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I have a ton of leftover diapers from Brennan. So I haven't bought any new diapers.

36. Adira

@winniebee: That's what I was thinking too! Thanks!

37. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Ugh btw rant... So my friend's wedding is on 12/13, right around my due date so I always knew I wasn't going. So I'm making myself go to her bridal shower, but it starts at 8:30pm on a Sat night, and it's an hour away. Fortunately my friend's giving me a ride, and I'm probably going to bounce after an hour. It's just that I'm exhausted already thinking about going lol. I have big plans during the day too - clean the house, go to BBB & Target...

Ok end rant!

38. Adira

@snowjewelz: Wow... that seems really late for a bridal shower! Why is it so late?? And I don't blame you at all for just going for an hour and then taking off! I'm so exhausted by that time at night!!

39. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Adira: god forbid #2 is bigger than Xander, L didn't fit into NBs ever. Bring size 1s to the hospital just in case.

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Wow, that seems super late for a shower! What the heck?! Yikes, I would not be pleased either, especially since it's so far away from you.

@oliviaoblivia: @Adira: I'm nervous about how big my little guy is going to be! I don't know why, but for some reason I feel like he's going to be huge.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee