Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: I've never used Dreft and my LO#1 had fairly sensitive skin at first. I just used a free and clear version of whatever detergent I liked at the time.

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@snowjewelz: I used dreft and loved the baby smell of it but it's totally not necessary and you can wash all your clothes in tide free and clear.

3. winniebee

I can't even make my list here it's too stressful! I just ordered a bunch of baby shit online this week and feeling pretty good about that! I think the biggest thing I have to do is figure out the whole change big brother to his bed scenario. Because if we don't I need to buy another crib mattress....

4. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@winniebee: Congrats on get a bunch of stuff ordered! I have been trying to spread it out so I don't overload our budget all at once, but it has been so hard to decide on what I need to get now vs what I can wait for. Are you planning to transition T to a twin/full bed? DH just decided one day that LO should be in a big girl bed and converted her crib to the toddler version, and LO was completely unfazed by it. She still usually stays in her bed and whines until we come get her in the morning, even though she can wander around her room if she wants. Hopefully your transition goes well! I know it made my life so much easier not having to put her down into the crib with my big baby belly.

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsF: 5hrs! You are doing great tho! Hang in there and you're almost there!

6. winniebee

@MrsScallop: his crib converts to a full sized bed and we have all of the bedding and mattresses to do it it's just a matter of doing it! He only naps 4 days a week at home and even that is a struggle so I really worry that I will kiss the nap goodbye when we switch. That's the biggest thing! I think he would stay in his room at night though. We have another crib on the way but I totally forgot about a crib mattress! He's 2.5 so probably ready.....bad idea to switch so close to baby? Probably!

7. winniebee

@MrsF: I'm sorry what a stressful visit! Do they estimate how big the baby is? The great news is they can monitor baby so well via ultrasound. Oftentimes those measurements are so off. I hope Thursday goes a little better for you. You are so close to making it to full term. Great job!!!

8. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: we made the transition before I was pregnant, so I can't comment on timing relative to new baby. But C transitioned pretty seemless from crib to toddler bed to full bed.

9. winniebee

@MamaG: We are leaning towards just doing it and couch it as "you are going to be a big brother here is your big brother bed". I guess better to do it now and suffer now as opposed to when I'm dealing with a newborn too.

10. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsF: how stressful! I'm so sorry. But yay for making it past that milestone!!

11. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: is he not climbing out? That's what was the tipping point for us. We actually put a lock on the door so B stays in. It was only an issue at nap time.

12. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I'll post my list on Friday. We didn't get anything done when MIL was here. DH said he's taking friday off and will get stuff done. He has a ton of vacay he will lose if he doesn't start taking PTO. On the positive front, DH has said we are implementing a time limit on house guests. MIL overstayed her welcome. Drama, drama,drama

13. winniebee

@BandDmommy: nope! He can but doesn't. I have seen him sitting on the rails but he's pretty risk averse (he will jump off the coffee table but only if he thinks you will catch him) and hasn't jumped down. He doesn't freak out with the lock on his door? I feel like that would really piss T off.

14. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: he will go to the door and say "mommy why door locked?" And then I will tell him it's nap time and I can tuck him back in. At first, he would have me tuck him in multiple times. Now he will maybe do it once? The lock is really so he doesn't get out and go wandering around without my knowledge. He's a daredevil and it scares me how fearless he is at times.

15. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@winniebee: It is so hard to know what kind of transitions they will be able to handle with a baby coming along soon! We are in the same boat as far as figuring out daycare options. I'd probably vote for doing it sooner than later, because like you said, you don't want to deal with that and a newborn at the same time if you can help it.

16. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

I finally feel like we made some progress on getting ready for this baby girl! My friend shrew me a tinkle this weekend so we got a bunch of stuff we needed (and a whole wardrobe) for her! We got her room painted and picked out carpet to have installed! I washed a bunch of hand me downs from a friend and just need to fold them! And I hired someone to make the curtains I was going to make (running outta time!!!!) I also bought a used glider because the rocker we used for lo#1s room isn't very comfortable! Making progress!!!

17. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@cheert16: awesome progress!! God job!

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I've heard dreft is great, then a few friends told me it attracts ants????? Because of its sweet smell.......I use a hypo allergenic free and clear, so I think I'm just using that!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsScallop: I was back posting and missed your update on baby! Glad they might have an answer for you, and I agree still scary, but more knowledge is power! Praying all continues well! !!!

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: Prayers baby stays in their longer, yay to making it over 36 weeks! I'm sorry it's stressful... keep doing what you are doing! Keep us posted!

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@cheert16: Yay to progress! Washing the clothes is going to make it so real

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Getting our maternity Pics back I can't believe how big my belly is, everyone says at work I'm not making it until Dec, but I think she is just a big old baby

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

25. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@FaithFertility: beautiful pics!!!

26. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: I've been thinking that I won't switch M from her crib until she can climb out, just because I don't want her running around the house with a newborn to take care of. I'm also worried she'll decide she doesn't want to nap anymore if she's not in her crib. She's a little younger than T is though. I'm sure whatever you decide he'll do fine. I always find that they handle these transitions better than I expect!

The tech estimated baby's weight at 5lbs 6oz, which sounded so awesome to me because M was 5lbs 4oz. The OB said 5lbs 2oz, which is obviously ok too. I know how far off these numbers can be! I think the major concern is that the percentile has dropped off which could be a problem with the placenta, but of course I haven't had an ultrasound in 6 weeks so it's pretty hard to tell how fast the change has happened.

27. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@cheert16: Sounds like so much progress! Great job!

@FaithFertility: Great pics! You look beautiful and happy!

28. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@snowjewelz: I use Tide Free (or whatever the heck it's called)!

@MrsF: I'm so sorry to hear about your appointment and having to go to L&D to get checked out. I hope everything is okay and baby gets to cook a little longer!

@MrsScallop: That's a sweet idea to have a special day for LO #1 before the baby gets here! Do you have anything in particular in mind?? I should do something like that.

@winniebee: Yeah, we just got another crib mattress. Xander's not two yet so I want to keep him in his crib as long as possible.

@BandDmommy: Ugh, bummer you didn't get much done with MIL there, but it's good you and DH are on the same page about house guests overstaying their welcome!!

@cheert16: Wow, awesome progress!!! And so sweet of your friends to throw you a little shower!!

@FaithFertility: Gorgeous photos!! You look fantastic!!

29. snowjewelz

@cheert16: I can't believe you were going to make curtains! But I'm glad you are delegating We really don't have much time left huh!

@FaithFertility: You look HOT mama! That dress is PERFECT on you! Our maternity sessions are polar opposites... I was freezing on Sunday when we were outside! And I agree.. People this week suddenly started saying I REALLY popped

I found this cute little scrapbook at Target on clearance for $3 yesterday and FINALLY organized the mess of ultrasound pictures that I have! It was crazy going back to see the little bean that is my big girl now!

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Nice - glad you were able to order a bunch of stuff I still need to order some things off our registries, but I feel like we're covered with the essentials for now (clothes, diapers, etc.).

31. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@cheert16: You got a lot done!! Awesome

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: Aww - so pretty!!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: I've just been using Tide Free & Clear, and washing baby stuff in batches with our clothes.

34. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

DH has been sick with a cold for nearly a week (sore throat and a runny nose) and now C has a cough and sounds sort of raspy like she has some chest congestion. I don't have time for germs two weeks before delivery. Unfortunately, C coughed/gagged/threw up a couple of weeks ago and now seems fearful to really cough and release the yuckiness. I'm not sure how to remedy this for her.

35. Adira

@MamaG: Yikes! Firstly, I"m sorry both your DH and C are sick and I really hope you don't get it! Secondly, poor C!! I don't have any advice, but hope she feels better soon.

36. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Just make sure YOU don't get sick! You know I'm just recovering and I do not want to re-live that... Drink lots of fluids and get some rest!

We went to a consult w/ the pediatrician last night; she started saying how she had both kids at 36 weeks and how her husband went to the hospital then went home to paint since they weren't ready. I'm 35 weeks so I was like...

37. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: Boo, I'm sorry your husband and C are sick That is no fun. I really hope you don't get it. And poor C! Would she play in the bathroom with you while you took a hot, steamy shower, to try to loosen the congestion in her lungs?

38. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@theotherstark: She loves to play in the shower, hot and steamy - not so much! I thought about that this morning actually. As luck would have it, we have hockey tickets for tonight. I just wish she wouldn't be scared to cough. Although I can understand, I have a horrible gag reflex and often cough, gag and nearly throw up.

39. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: nothing in particular in mind yet. Her birthday is 4 days before my expected induction date, so I want it to be really special for her, especially considering Christmas will be spent at the hospital and DH and I won't see her a lot after baby is born for several weeks probably. I really need to get planning!

40. Adira

@MrsScallop: I wish it wasn't so cold here - I could take Xander to the park as something special. Maybe I'll find a fun indoor playground to take him to or something like that. That's a bummer you'll be in the hospital for Christmas.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee