Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsF: You've done a great job of keeping this baby safe and sound so long! I'm sorry you have to go back for another appt this week....just one more week!!

2. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: thank you! It seems like such a silly thing to complain about. I think I'm just getting cranky at this point in the game.

3. winniebee

@MrsF: nah. i'm annoyed that i have mutiple apps every week, too

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsF: yay for good appt! I'm sorry about the multiple appts, that is quite a ways away for the U.S.

5. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: Yeah, we moved midway through my pregnancy but I wanted to stay with my Dr and my hospital because of its NICU. Being an hour away has definitely made these twice (or three times!) weekly appointments a pain though. I'm sort of happy at the idea of a scheduled induction to avoid a very stressful car ride in labor though!

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MrsF: Oh my gosh! I can't believe you're having your baby next week!!! That's so exciting!! And what's with all these December Mamas having November babies?

7. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

So I got called by the RN from my OB office this morning & the creatinine & uric acid levels are high from my blood draw (still working on the 24 hr urine part). My BP was high at the appt (did come down some while doing a NST though), so I get to go back tomorrow and do it all over again. Thinking baby boy will be here sooner than 12/5.

8. Adira

@AngelicOne: Bummer about your levels. I hope tomorrow shows some improvement. But at least they are monitoring you and baby closely!

9. winniebee

@AngelicOne: ugh sorry! Keep us posted!

10. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsF: ahh 11/24! And home in time for Thanksgiving!

@AngelicOne: I hope the stats tomorrow will be better!

11. snowjewelz

Argh man since I got home from work she has been kicking and jabbing non stop and I'm having major pain down there! I really wanted to take another stab at the hospital bag, but maybe tomorrow night...

12. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@AngelicOne: sorry the labs weren't good news I hope things turn around. Keep us posted!

13. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AngelicOne: ugh frustrating! Hope everything is okay!

14. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: sounds like there are a lot of potential November babies. I was 100% positive I would not make it 40 weeks. If I have a 3rd child, I'm going to just say my EDD is 37 weeks.

15. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Just wanted to share for new soon to be mommies, I am loving the app, Baby Connect. I highly recommend it! It tracks everything, I'm obsessed with it.

16. Adira

@BandDmommy: I'm trying to decide if I should go with Baby Connect this time around or not. I used iBaby last time and I think I'm just so used to it, I might keep using it...

Also, questions about breastfeeding for you! Did you nurse B? How long? I know you're nursing D... how's it going? Is it still pretty painful? Is it easier than last time around (assuming you nursed B)? I'm so nervous about nursing again because it was sooooooo painful in the beginning with Xander.

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: I nursed B until he was 7 months old. I had a work trip that killed my supply so I had to stop. But I had pumped a ton, so he was on BM for more like 8 months. D has been super easy to BF. She latched right away and we are on a schedule of feeding every 2 - 3 hours. I have too much milk, so I've added in 1 - 2 pumping sessions a day as well. I think BF the 2nd time is much easier.

18. Adira

@BandDmommy: Thank you! Do you feel like your nipples are used to her nursing already or is it still painful? I stopped nursing Xander when I got pregnant and they were pretty insensitive by the end. I'm worried that the sensitivity will be back by the time this baby is born and it's going to be super painful all over again!

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: There is a little pain at the beginning but once the latch is right and she's eating, it goes away.

20. Adira

@BandDmommy: Thanks! I'm just going to have to hope baby #2's latch is good. Though it probably helps that I've done it before too, so I kind of know what to look for.

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@AngelicOne: Ahh, bummer. I'm sorry about your levels! I hope things are looking better today.

@Adira: @BandDmommy: Ha, yes, lots of "December" babies in November! It's so exciting.

@BandDmommy: Thanks for the tip! I hadn't really thought too much about the baby apps, but should probably get on that

22. Adira

Not going to lie - I just totally looked up when the next full moon is (December 6th) and now am hoping that's when I go into labor! (I went into labor with Xander during a full moon)

23. winniebee

I second baby connect app it's great! I don't know if I will have time to use it this time with a toddler but will probably try to!

@BandDmommy: did you do anything to toughen your nipples this time? I remember mine were so sore and I got blisters last time

I would be shocked it I made it past 38w. I think this baby will be here by December 6. But I would be happy to keep him cooking til 39

24. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: No, I didn't do anything. My nipples aren't very sensitive in general though. I do have some nipple cream but I always forget to use it.

25. winniebee

Had another ultrasound today baby boy is doing well (no growth scan this week). Met with OB who said I don't have to worry about every little ultrasound anymore and just call when I'm in labor. She says I'm 36w but I know that I'm not until this weekend so I will take it easy a bit longer. She also wanted to do GBS and exam today but I pushed off til Tuesday since I have an appt then and will still be 36w.

Caught a little smirk on the 3D ultrasound (with his hand in his face of course!)

And 35+4 bump shot.

26. Adira

@winniebee: You look fantastic! And glad to hear baby boy is doing well! Does your OB have a different due date than you do? Is that why she was saying you're 36 weeks already?

27. winniebee

@Adira: yeah she's going by my lmp since so close to my first ultrasound. But I'm going by first ultrasound due date since I know when I ovulated and those dates matched.

28. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: you look great!!!!

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Should we create a thread for birth stories?

30. Adira

@winniebee: Ahh, mine is the same! My OB has my due date as December 11th, based on my LMP and initial u/s, but I'm sticking with December 16th because I know when I ovulated.

@BandDmommy: We need a thread for either birth stories or babies or both!!

31. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Aww hey little one! You are so good at sneaking bump pics everywhere you go haha! You look great!

@Adira: I will DEF be writing a birth story since it's my first time and I am sooo anxious about everything!

32. Adira

@snowjewelz: I'm glad that I wrote one with my first just because I recently went back and reread it to remind myself of what happened!

33. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@winniebee: Aww, so cute! You look great!

34. snowjewelz

@Adira: And I think it's so cool that with the 2nd one you can compare to see how similar/different the births are!

35. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Glad things are looking good! You look great, btw (I love that shirt), and I love the shot of your little guy

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: So glad to hear BF is going well for you. I had a really hard time with M and stopped before going back to work (3 months). I'm really hoping to have more success this time!

@winniebee: yay for a good ultrasound. Such cute pictures of both the baby and the bump

37. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@MrsF: Ah, so exciting that your baby will be here soon! I would be annoyed with the number of appointments too. I only have to drive 40 minutes each way once a week and I am pretty annoyed by it.

@AngelicOne: Good luck at your appointment today. I hope it goes well!'

@BandDmommy: Thanks for the recommendation! I hardly used an app with my first as I couldn't find one I liked, so I will check Baby Connect out. I am glad BF is going well for you too! I'm really hoping it goes well for me this time around too, but I am little nervous because I will probably be EP for a while in the beginning.

@snowjewelz: I hope you were able to get some rest! Baby boy is also an evening mover and shaker and it makes it really hard for me to do anything productive.

@winniebee: Love the baby smirk, and you look great!

38. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Breast feeding hasn't been fabulous, but I'm trying really hard to be patient. I only made it about a week last time. We are currently supplementing with very small amounts of formula, hoping my milk comes in SOON! LO is too big to continue to be happy with colostrum. She has also made a mess of my right breast unfortunately, so we are trying to work on that as well.

I really want to make it work this time, but it's so frustrating

39. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Hang in there! I hope your milk comes in soon. And don't kill yourself over it!

40. winniebee

@MamaG: breastfeeding was sooo hard for me last time and I think that's how it is for so many. Hang in there as long as you can! And if you don't want to that's ok too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee