Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

So I think we will just fit everything into 1 large suitcase (maybe hide a few more things in the car just in case lol). I'm so exhausted! I just want EVERYTHING done by Monday so we can relax during Thanksgiving and just be decorating for Christmas & enjoying our life as 2 one last time!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MamaG: I'm sorry! I remember how horrible breastfeeding was the first few weeks with Xander too. His latch was terrible (although every time an LC would come to help, they would tell me it was perfect) and it hurt every he would nurse. We didn't get things down until 7 weeks. I hope you guys get the hang of it sooner. Maybe set yourself some small goals? Get through the first 3 days. Then get through the first week. Then get through the first 3 weeks.

3. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@MamaG: So sorry you are having troubles! BF is so hard at first. I hope things look up for you soon

4. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: I know how you feel! Good luck as you get your last things done!

5. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: So sorry your having a hard time with breast feeding We had trouble the first time and I"m nervous about #2!

6. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: Good luck getting things done. Sounds wonderful to enjoy the holiday worry-free!

7. snowjewelz

@Adira: that is so annoying! Obviously you were in pain so something wasn't "perfect"!

8. Adira

@snowjewelz: I've come to learn that even when the latch is perfect, it's still painful in the beginning! Your nipples just aren't used to that!! Plus Xander was a jerk who would do the latch correctly whenever someone was trying to help me and then screw it up later, haha. It took a couple trips to an LC to finally learn MYSELF how to get him to latch correctly! Plus I think he just needed to get a little bigger before he could really latch as well as he was supposed to. After the 6 week growth spurt, it all changed for us and was mostly smooth sailing after that!

9. snowjewelz

@Adira: Haha he was a teacher's pet! Ugh but 6 weeks seems like a lonnnng time to live with painful nipples... But I guess anything to get them fed!

10. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, it certainly feels like a long time when you're in the middle of it! I almost quit at 6 weeks, which is when I went out and bought a can of formula. But before I quit, I decided to try seeing an LC one more time and it was at that last session that I FINALLY learned how to sit correctly so my back didn't hurt and what to really look for to make sure the latch was correct and how to help correct it if it wasn't. And I think 6-8 weeks is generally how long it takes to figure it all out anyway and for your nipples to get used to it, so after that, things were FINALLY better. I'm hoping it won't take as long this time around...

But if you're doing this for the first time, know that 6-8 weeks is generally how long it takes for a lot of women to get the hang of it and to finally stop being in pain! So if you can stick it out until then, that's when it usually turns around for people.

Here's one of my posts about it from when Xander was only two weeks old! http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/when-will-i-stop-hating-breastfeeding

11. snowjewelz

@Adira: Aww it's crazy to look back and you were def not happy back then! I did get a really good piece of advice on HB, to give myself an ultimate deadline to decide to keep going or quit and most of the time people have said things got better by then. I'll def be thinking about this 6-8 week time frame!

12. Adira

@snowjewelz: Reading through that thread actually surprised me because it sounded like around 2.5 weeks, things were getting better! But I definitely remember almost quitting at 6 weeks, so things must've taken a turn for the worse, haha. But definitely by 7 weeks, after his growth spurt and I saw an LC, things were VAST improved and we never had latch issues again (until he started biting)!

13. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yeah, lets not go there for now, lol!

14. snowjewelz

Oh and finally remember to take a bump pic. She is def low bc she is jabbing and pushing me non stop, but she doesn't LOOK low!

15. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: looking good!

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: you look great! People always comment on how high I carry, but i agree - it feels so low! I feel like he's trying to claw his way out and the ultrasound tech could barely measure his head (so low) on Monday.

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: you look great!!

We are at our newborn photos... I die of the the cuteness!!!

18. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: Ahh can't wait to see!!

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Here is a pic with my crappy phone camera...

20. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: Ahh look at her!

21. Adira

@snowjewelz: You look fantastic!!

@BandDmommy: OMG, jealous!! Can't wait to see some of the pics!! And that hat is to die for!!

22. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: omg how adorable!!

23. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

Snapped this bump photo this morning at 35 weeks and 5 days!

24. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: aww bare bump! Your skin looks so nice a smooth!

25. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@whenoceansrise: you look great! All belly!

26. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: Thanks! I actually have stretch marks on the lower part of my belly. I noticed them the other day and was kind of bummed out because I didn't think I would get any. Oh well!

@BandDmommy: Thank you! That's what I've been hearing, but I feel huge all over!

27. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

My milk is in, coming in? I actually pumped this morning and got a whooping half ounce. It makes me feel better that I can do this.

K definitely is night and day confused. And I'm really struggling to get comfortable in bed. I know it will get better as I heal, but it's frustrating.

28. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@whenoceansrise: you look great!

@MamaG: It's on it's way or is in! It gets so much better after that!

29. winniebee

@snowjewelz: You look awesome! I have the same situation going on - he feels like he's about to fall out but doesn't look particularly low.

30. winniebee

@BandDmommy: adorable!!

31. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: @whenoceansrise: You both look so great!!

@BandDmommy: Awwww love it! So adorable.

@MamaG: So glad to hear your milk is coming in! Although I'm sorry it's hard to get comfortable at night Ugh. Hopefully it gets better soon.

32. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Oh man, you look great!!!

@MamaG: Half an ounce is actually great if you're nursing! Congrats!! Sorry to hear about the night/day confusion. Hopefully it gets better soon.

33. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I have them on my butt and they creeped up to my waist a lil bit!

@MamaG: It will get better! I hope your milk supply keeps going up! Hang in there! We'll all join you and share the burden soon

It's def getting more real... OB said they will call and schedule an induction day between 39 & 40 weeks so I'll def be having her before my EDD! And no cervix check still since I have nothing going on at all.

34. snowjewelz

Btw I really think we have a group of really good looking moms here Everyone has been looking so good!

35. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Eeek, crazy to think you will have a baby by your EDD! And I haven't had any cervical checks either. I'm sort of curious, but I know I would drive myself nuts about it regardless

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: so precious!

@whenoceansrise: you look amazing!

@MamaG: sorry about the difficulties with nursing and sleep. I hope things are looking a little better each day

@snowjewelz: so exciting!

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@BandDmommy: Absolutly adorable!
    @whenoceansrise: Such a cute bare-bump photo!

I def. feel like baby boy is ready to crawl out, he feels super low the past couple days. Hoping to make it to a baby shower tomorrow and to see the new Hunger Games movie - I imagine it will be a long time after before I go out again sans-kids!

38. winniebee

We haven't been out in our new town as a couple since we moved here. My parents are coming to babysit tomorrow night and we are going out to dinner. And my husband has the WHOLE weekend off. YAY.

39. winniebee

@josina: that feeling is crazy! enjoy tomorrow!

40. snowjewelz

@winniebee: that sounds wonderful! Def make the most out of it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee