Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: Glad B seems to be doing well. I bet he had fun with his grandparents!

@magnolia: exciting! It's so hard to just sit around and try to figure out what's happening... I hope you can relax a little!

@snowjewelz: So glad things went well for your SIL!

@winniebee: Yeah, definitely huffing and puffing here too. My DH was laughing at me last night when all I was doing is walking! The waddling has gotten so extreme that he would NOT believe that I wasn't doing it on purpose.

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: awwww 20-30 brrrrrr def makes you have to put on the boots/shoes! Stay warm!

@magnolia: Exciting, hope you can relax!

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsF: lol yes the waddle! My husband can't believe I have no control over it!!

@magnolia: sounds like you are getting close! When do you go back to the doc?

4. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@BandDmommy: that's so sweet!!

@winniebee: my Dr appt is Wednesday but maybe I will ask to be seen tomorrow if I am still feeling this way

5. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I just put M to bed for the last time as my only baby Total emotional meltdown (me, obviously, not her). DH thinks I'm nuts, but it just feels like my relationship with my daughter is about to change in such a huge way.

Excited about tomorrow but still a little sad...

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Ahhhh, I'm busy for a weekend and people have babies while I'm gone!!!

@Mrs.Lilac: Congratulations!!! And I love the name Lila!!

@magnolia: Eeeeh!!! Things are getting real for you!!! So exciting!!!

@MrsF: Thinking about Xander not being my only baby makes me so weepy, so I totally feel you. I can't believe you're going to be having your baby soon! Hope everything goes smoothly!

7. winniebee

@MrsF: I can only imagine the emotions! I'm nostalgic as well. I tell my son every second that I love him and he's my best friend and will always be my baby. Is it possible to annoy a 2.5 yr old??? Good luck tomorrow. You got this!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: awwww so bitter sweet I'm sure! Thoughts and prayers to you tomorrow ♥

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsF: awwww... That's special you got that moment. I remember leaving for the hospital was very bittersweet. Thinking about you tomorrow!

10. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@MrsF: oh I feel you! Our last night was rough. I poured my emotion into an email to LO through tears later that night. I have another to write now that she is officially big sister. The other day I looked at her and saw a totally different kid. She is no longer my baby. She is the big sister. She suddenly looks older and I feel like I lost time with her somewhere during this pregnancy.

11. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Went to visit SIL at the hospital, it was SO helpful! I literally did a detailed inventory of her room so finalize what I'm keeping in that suitcase and what I'm leaving. I checked out her hospital gown, asked her about all the loot she gets from the hospital, looked at what she got for dinner, etc etc! I even watched her BF to see "IRL" (vs video) what a good latch looks like haha. Meanwhile DH helped with diaper change & swaddling for practice!

I feel like I'm ready for her to come next week! I just need this week to clean the house one more time, do some more laundry, and decorate our tree!

12. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@magnolia: Oh man - sounds like things are really progressing! Hopefully this means things are kicking off

@snowjewelz: That sounds really helpful! Glad you were able to go visit.

14. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Congrats!
    @faithfertility: movie and baby shower were great, got some shopping done as well (new pair of boots for me ). Yay for your mom and sister moving back!!
    @MrsF: Awww to the emotional meltdown. I am just plain emotional... even seeing a picture of a baby makes me weepy!

Unpatiently waiting for this baby to come out now. I'm not super uncomfortable yet, actually still feel great, he just got us all ready 3 weeks ago and now is going to hang out! I have a lot of contractions but none that are painful yet. We'll see tomorrow if I'm any further dilated (from 3-1/2 and 80% last week).

My dr. did say she really wants to be the one to deliver me and mentioned possibly scheduling an induction since I'd be a 'good' candidate. Thoughts? I'm thinking I'd rather just let it happen (unless I go over) and I haven't heard a lot of good things about induction?

15. snowjewelz

@josina: Thats weird, I wonder what being a good candidate is supposed to mean? It's so hard tho b/c the experience is so diff for everyone! I've heard some people that responded great to induction, and then other not so great stories. For now I'm still hoping I'd go naturally and not have to be induced!

16. Adira

@snowjewelz: Eeeeh, that's so exciting!!! And awesome that SIL let you check out everything so you feel more comfortable and ready!! It's happening soon!!!

@BandDmommy: Awesome! I can't wait to read all the birth stories and post my own!

@josina: I wouldn't schedule an induction just so your doctor can be the one to deliver, as comforting as it would be to have your own doctor there. It just seems unnecessary. Unless you're past your due date or something and there's a reason to schedule one, I'd just wait and hope the baby comes naturally. I think it would be easier that way!

17. Adira

Had an OB appointment this morning. Baby's head is down and feet are by my ribs. But he definitely hasn't dropped yet. My midwife felt him and thought he seemed pretty average sized and will be around 8-9 lbs when I deliver, which is reassuring!!! I was worried I was going to have an 11 lb baby on my hands.

My platelets are back down though. 34. That's exactly what they were last time I was pregnant at 36 weeks, but I've been on prednisone for over 3 weeks, so that sucks. Called my hematologist, so hopefully he'll have some advice. My midwife says I'm probably not getting an epidural again. At least I was kind of planning on that anyway.

18. snowjewelz

@Adira: Haha yeah she didn't care. The 1st time we weren't even TTC so I didn't pay attention, this time I was scoping out everything! And DH was testing the pull out couch in the room lol.

Was it someone here that was talking about bowel movements relating to labor?

19. Adira

@snowjewelz: I might've talked about bowel movements, haha. Last time with Xander, the whole week leading up to before I went into labor, I had this intense pressure, feeling like I really NEEDED to do a bowel movement, but every time I tried to go, it was like there was nothing there (or very little).

20. snowjewelz

@Adira: I am noticing a change in my BM so I'm just wondering if it's a sign haha. It's been more than once the past 2 days and more um, loose (sorry so TMI haha). But my mucus plug and water seem to both be in tact so...

21. Adira

@snowjewelz: I've actually been experiencing the same thing, but I've also been a little sick, so I wasn't sure if it was baby related or because of the cold I have! Interesting that we're both experiencing that though!!

22. snowjewelz

@Adira: I know! I wasn't sure if it's been a fluke, maybe I ate something weird or whaat... Or it is a "the end is near" symptom?!

23. Adira

@snowjewelz: I don't know either!!! But if we both go into labor soon, I'll take it as a sign!

24. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: With B, I definitely had loose BM. With D, I just felt miserable.

25. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: 9 pounds is still pretty big. How big was X?

26. Adira

@BandDmommy: He was 8 lbs 14 oz! So I was afraid baby #2 was (and maybe still will be) even bigger!! I can handle 9 lbs since I pretty much did it before!

27. snowjewelz

DH officially put the absorbent pads underneath the sheets on my side of the bed

28. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MrsF: Good luck today. Hope all goes well.

29. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: I think she thinks I'm a good candidate because I'm already 3-1/2 cm dilated / 80% effaced, so she thinks I will go fast if induced. But at this point I think I'd prefer to wait it out.
    Was really hoping to not be at work today though!
    I'm thinking I need to throw some towels in my vehicle just in case! I do have some next to the bed, but no mattress protector.

30. snowjewelz

@josina: I know, this would be a nice week to not work at all! I hope you'll get there yourself too!

31. winniebee

@josina: probably a good candidate since you are already dilated! I definitely wouldn't induce before 40w but would be open to it after that. The only thing is your contractions are stronger after am induction so if you aren't planning on Epidural it's something to think about.

32. Adira

@snowjewelz: hahaha! I still need to put the mattress protector back on the bed and get some towels for my car...

33. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I had my post surgery staple removal today. The nurse said my incision looks "pretty" and is healing really well for 6 days out. My pain level has been amazingly low. I had one dose of narcotics in the hospital after my spinal wore off. And since then I've been managing sporadically with motrin. I have another narcotic prescription, but don't really see a need to get it filled at this point.

I'm not sure why my pain is virtually absent this time around, but I'll take it.

I'm struggling a bit to get into a good groove with breast feeding. She doesn't seem to eat much and is still very sleepy. We have a lot of poopy diapers, but I'm having a hard time identifying wet diapers (as they might have been before the poop!). I'm waking her about every two hours to feed. And she'll feed about 10-20 minutes (one breast only) when I do wake her.

34. Adira

@MamaG: Glad to hear you're not in a lot of pain and are healing nicely!!

Your description of breastfeeding though sounds exactly like what I went through with Xander. He was slightly jaundiced, which made him really sleepy. I had to wake him every 2 hours (including at night) to nurse and it was soooo hard to keep him awake, and he'd only nurse for 10-15 minutes, so I felt like he wasn't getting enough. I remember it being really frustrating and confusing. But we just kept at it and by his two week well visit, he was back up to his birth weight and I was given the go-ahead to stop waking him every 2 hours overnight, which was a huge relief. I hope the same is true for you! When is your next pediatrician appointment?

35. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

So my husbands work threw him a surprise baby shower today with lots of gifts and a few gift cards with $100 on them.... I can't believe how generous his coworkers are!

36. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Ooooh, so sweet!!! I always love it when the men get remembered and have their own little work parties and stuff!!

37. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@whenoceansrise: that's great!

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: That's great your recovery is going so well!

39. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: that's so nice!!!!!

@MamaG: it's so hard to tell what's enough! Does she go for a weight check this week?

40. snowjewelz

@MamaG: That's really great! At least you don't have to deal with the pain on top of everything else! I hope BF gets better and better for you!

@whenoceansrise: Aww that's so nice! Usually the men are always forgotten! Def blessings

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee