Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ok ladies I have a ? How many of you got the Tdap shot? I was out with my BIL boyfriend he is a pediatrician and was SHOCKED that I was never offered this??????

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@FaithFertility: I did with both pregnancies. You should get one so that you can pass immunity to the baby. Otherwise the baby has no protection until 8w vaccinations.

3. winniebee

I was trying to remember how I progressed last labor so looked up my old birth story for my son. In case anyone is interested!

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/baby-winnies-birth-story

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@FaithFertility: I remember getting it at the hospital after I delivered Xander, but this time I got it while pregnant.

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: yay for eating like a normal person again!

6. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I was told to get flu and tdap.

7. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: I was given both the flu and tdap in my OB's office for both pregnancies. She also strongly recommended that DH and other close family members who would spend lots of time with the baby get them both.

8. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: I get how you feel on the formula / BF issue. It's so tough to make these decisions, and it feels SO important at the time. Now I wish that I had switched to formula earlier with my daughter. I really had a hard time bonding with her because I was so overwhelmed with weight gain and other BF issues. Switching to formula was life-changing. I also wish that I had at least known that combo-feeding was an option. Whatever you decide, I'm sure that your LO will thrive, and it won't be long until it doesn't seem like such a big deal. I know how emotional these things are though. Hugs!

I'm feeling a lot of the same things about my time with big sister too. I hate to neglect her and she's acting so crazy with the adjustment that I'm alternating between feeling frustrated with her and feeling bad for her! I started sobbing while I was singing her a bedtime song today (the hormones don't help) One thing keeping me positive is that I have a younger sister who is exactly the same age gap as my kids (26 months) and I'm very close with my sister and not scarred by her existence in the least.

On another note - I can't BELIEVE you're in your pre-preg jeans! Go mama go

9. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@MrsF: Thanks for commiserating. I feel horrible for C, she's seen me in tears more than ever recently and I can't even begin to explain to her why I'm crying.

10. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm feeling better about my decision to change to bottle feeding today. K has been significantly more content during her awake times. I know pumping may not be as efficient as feeding, but based on what I'm pumping I don't think I'm producing enough milk to satisfy her at this point. I'm getting less than 2 ounces at most of my pumping sessions. K is consuming 2 ounces now that she's got the hang of the bottle. We are alternating pumped milk and formula at feedings. The formula of course keeps her satisfied for significantly longer periods of time.

The reason I'm struggling so much with this is C was "sick" her first winter and I always questioned if I had breastfed and passed some immunities to her if she would have had a better winter. I wanted to avoid the winter/daycare "sick" as much as possible for K. I know it's probably unavoidable since K will be 8 weeks and starting daycare in January.

Thanks again for being so supportive, everyone. I know deep down happy momma, happy baby. And baby being fed is all that's important for my baby to be thriving regardless of that method/source.

It's just frustrating and even moreso the second time around.

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Yeah I am just wondering why I was never asked? Well I will be asking on Monday!

12. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: With my first, I was given the tdap after delivery. This time I received it before at my OB office. I had inquired about it. I'm not sure if my OB would have directly offered.

DH did not get the shot this time around. His doctor told him it wasn't necessary. My OB agreed since it had been within the past 5 years that he had it. Apparently, it was about 5 years ago that adding pertussis to the vaccine became standard.

13. Adira

@MamaG: I think some of that breastfeeding stuff is just a crapshoot. I BF'd Xander and he was sick ALL the time and has allergies and asthma! You're being an amazing mom just by caring this much about it and making sure your LO is fed, regardless of the source!!

14. snowjewelz

@MamaG:

@FaithFertility: Dh hasn't even gotten his flu shot yet and I'm gonna give birth within a week!!

15. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: regarding the immunity stuff - I'm sure there's some science behind it, but I'm not sure it always plays out that way in real life. My FF baby was never sick and the three babies that she played with most were all EBF and seemed to pass viruses around the three of them like wildfire! I agree with @Adira: , crapshoot.

16. winniebee

@MrsF: @MamaG: It must be so hard having the older and being so emotional. I'm worried about this too. Ty is my best bud and it tears me up thinking his world is about to be rocked. But people have been having multiple children for eons and it all works out fine. Hang in there!

17. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: it's been tough emotionally (for both of us) but you're right - people have been doing this forever. I'm SO grateful to have had my siblings growing up and now as an adult. I'm trying to keep that perspective in mind.

18. winniebee

I made it to 37 weeks even by my own calculation. So now I resume normal life! Would love another week before baby comes though.

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: good!

The adjustment from 1 to 2 is emotional. I've been more emotional PP with D than I ever was with B.

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Yay congrats! :))))

21. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Ugh, I think we are going through a growth spurt. Little one was on the breast every 2 hours last night. She had been doing 3 - 4 hour stretches overnight. Luckily DH is home so hopefully he can help watch B so I can nap. I've added one pumpimg session each day to start building a BM stash.

22. Mrs. Tea

blogger / apricot / 424 posts

@MamaG: I did both breastfeeding ( mostly pumping) and formula with Norah from day 1 until she decided she was no longer interested in breastfeeding at 4 ish months ( she always has been very opionated ha ha! ) and she has never , knock on wood, had even a cold and she is almost 2.5. Do what you feel is best and try to avoid the guilt factor. You are doing an amazing job Mama

23. winniebee

@BandDmommy: yawn! My first didn't sleep in 3-4 hr stretches until 6 weeks old so I'm prepared for that again.

24. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: sorry you had a rough night glad that you can hopefully nap though! We had a relatively decent night last night but I think the exhaustion is just catching up with me. Yawn!

Nice to have a freezer stash! I'm dreading getting the pump out but I want him to get used to a bottle soon.

25. Adira

Meant to update earlier, but this is my first chance to! We're home! Got discharged around 2:00 pm. I already feel a little overwhelmed with two, but Xander will be at daycare tomorrow which I think will help. He also doesn't seem interested in the baby AT ALL! Oh well. I'm nervous about the hormone crash that will probably be hitting me tomorrow... Hoping I handle it better this time around.

26. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: so glad you are home! I'm sure it will be helpful to have Xander at daycare tomorrow, but great that he doesn't seem too bothered by baby brother.

Obviously every experience is different, but I've had a much gentler hormone crash this time. I was SUCH a wreck with M, and obviously I'm emotional and a little teary this time, but it's nothing like what I had anticipated! I hope that you have a similar experience!

27. Adira

@MrsF: Thank you!! I'm hoping my experience will be similar to yours! Maybe just knowing what to expect will help. I'll let you ladies know how it goes, haha.

28. Adira

Middle of the night feeds are already exhausting me. Do we have (or want) a postpartum thread so we don't monopolize this one with baby stuff when there are still a number of pregnant ladies enjoying the last month of their crazy pregnancy symptoms?

29. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: same here! I should be trying to get back to sleep now since baby is sleeping in my arms but had lots to catch up on! Congrats on your delivery!
    Ethan is 4 days old now, doing great but he seems to have days and nights backwards. At night he's up every 1 to 2 hours but can go 3 to 4 perfectly content during the day.
    Breastfeeding is going well now that my milk came in but I did have to supplement for 2 days, he was down to 6 8 the day after we were discharged. That was emotional as I thought I was already failing at breast feeding but he was much happier with the extra 1/2 oz. Of formula. I wish there was more out info out there about supplementing... Everything I had read about bfing made me think I was setting myself up to fail by introducing it at all. For those 2 days I would bf first and then 'cap' off with formula. The most he'd drink was an ounce, usually only 1/2 an ounce.
    Anyways, absolutely loving being a mom and so excited for all the other first time mom's! I love this little boy and honestly can't wait to make more babies.

30. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: yes to the postpartum thread. Tired mamas need a place to chat and the pregnant (and tired for a whole different reason!) mamas deserve to opt out if they wish and enjoy the last days of pregnancy!

31. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@josina: we supplemented for the first week or so with my DD because she was 5lbs 4oz and a little premature (too sleepy to nurse well). We had no trouble getting off the formula but I agree that it's frustrating to have no info out there. People always seem afraid to talk about formula or supplementing. Glad your little guy is doing well!

32. winniebee

Happy December!! Who will be the first December baby???

33. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: agree on PP thread! I'm glad to have some mamas to chat with about and during MOTN feelings.

34. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Also, feel free to share your birth stories on the birth story thread!

35. Adira

36. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Ha, I know, I was wondering if I'd see another announcement this morning! Can't wait to hear who is next

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! And congratulations again to all the new moms

37. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

Ahhh I can't believe it's December!!

38. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Here's the list! Hope everyone is hanging in there

December Mommas

November 26: MissyBear (#1 )
    December 3: luv2beamom (#1 ), snowjewelz (#1 induction, EDD 12/8)
    December 4: theotherstark (#1 ), mrsmangomochi (#2 )
    December 5: Magnolia (#1 ), genarator (#2 ), ustechie (#2 )
    December 8: cram88 (#2 )
    December 10: Miss Ariel (#1 )
    December 11: Jax (#1 & 2 )
    December 13: cheert16 (#2 )
    December 14: faithfertility (#1 )
    December 18: MrsD (#1 )
    December 19: MrsScallop (#2 )
    December 21: whenoceansrise (#1 ), winniebee (#2 )
    December 22: babypie (#2 ), brawly (#2 ) , shimmer (#3 )
    December 23: MrsJX3 (#1 )
    December 25: Allison (#2 ), Mrs. Tea (#2 )
    December 27: BabyBunny (#2)
    December 28: junebugsmama (#1 )
    December 29: mrsbookworm (#2 )
    December 30: oliviaoblivia (#2 , c-section, EDD 1/1)

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: Right?! I feel like I just started this thread!! So crazy.

40. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: And your due date is thursday! Eek!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee