Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I had my orientation appointment today, and I am thrilled that I now have my first actual appointment scheduled for May 23. I thought I was going to have to wait a couple weeks beyond then. So that's when we'll hear the heartbeat for the first time.

I also scheduled the nuchal translucency test for June 5. I'm pretty excited to have that one so soon after the first appointment, since I'm pretty sure that once we (FX) have good results from the NT test, we will feel safe to tell our parents. That would mean we can tell them on or before Father's Day, which would be awesome.

2. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Also: I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, and I'm nervous about morning sickness starting to kick in soon. So far I've been lucky and had none whatsoever. But I feel like a lot of people have it start around the 6 week mark.

3. mrsbookworm

pear / 1823 posts

@littlek and @winniebee: My LO is 11 months. Unfortunately, the iPad won't help! I was thinking of breaking out the car seat carrier again and giving him a toy to play with while he's strapped in there.

4. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@mrsbookworm: do you not have a neighbor or a mommy friend that can watch him? Might be easier option.

5. genarator

grape / 81 posts

Wow this group is large and busy! Which is a very good thing! Had to cancel my first appointment yesterday. Not sure when it will be rescheduled for. Other than that I am having evening sickness without throwing up. It's torture. I think I would feel better if it would actually happen. Ya know?

6. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@mrsbookworm: if you have to take him definitely put him in the stroller so he's contained. A toy is good. And maybe a snack cup

7. allison

pear / 1895 posts

I scheduled my first appointment! For... wait for it... June 20th! You ladies and your US blob pictures and HB rates are making me so jealous.

I'm so nervous about waiting. But we don't do any genetic screening anyway? And I think I would prefer to miscarry naturally than have a D&C. But it's going to be tough, for sure. We'll see what happens. I might go in earlier. How soon can you hear a HB with the doppler?

8. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@genarator: I think the only thing worse than vomiting is WANTING to vomit, but not being able to. It's the worst! My husband can make himself throw up, but me? No dice.

9. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

I just had my dating ultrasound today, my actual due date is November 27, I am 9 weeks today! My ERC will likely be scheduled for mid November, so I might pop over to the November boards!

10. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

It looks like I am no longer pregnant. No bleeding yet but after my really light hpt a couple days ago (I am now 16dpo and first bfp was 10dpo) and the fact that AF was due yesterday, I took a digi just now (after a 3-4 hold) and got a negative. First cycle trying so I don't know what to expect next. I just feel empty and confused.

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@simplyfelicity: praying for you!

12. littlek

@MsMini: wow, that's awesome!

@simplyfelicity: I'm sorry

13. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@ctegge0416: thinking of you.

@simplyfelicity: I'm sorry

14. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm so sorry.

15. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@PawPrints: Glad orientation went well, and that you have some upcoming appts scheduled! That's great to hear. My m/s kicked in at just after 6 weeks. Hopefully it's not too bad for you!

@genarator: Ugh, that's so bad I hate that feeling. I hope it gets better soon!

@allison: Sorry it's so late, but there are definitely pros to that, like by then it will look more like a little babe and less like a blob

@MsMini: That's great! Must be nice to be a bit further along than you thought Do you want me to keep you on our December list also, or remove you? I'm happy to do whichever you prefer

@simplyfelicity: I'm sorry, lady I'm keeping my fingers crossed

16. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@simplyfelicity: Big hugs. I know you'll be back on your feet in no time to try again.

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Also. You guys. I had to tell you because it's so embarrassing and horrible

I threw up at my metro stop.

So, so awful. It was seriously one of the worst experiences of my life - I had thought I was keeping a little garbage bag in my purse for this very reason, but I must have taken it out at some point. Stupid. I'll spare you the gory details, but I'll just tell you that some lady was giving me horrified looks.

So, happy Friday!

18. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@simplyfelicity: Sorry

19. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@MsMini: awesome! I want to magically skip a few weeks

20. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Awww I'm so sorry! Must have been so awful to deal with

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Haha. It was terrible. Urgh.

22. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@theotherstark: hey it's Friday I bet ppl thought you had too much fun at happy hour last night!

23. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Ha, I'm sure that is exactly what they thought!!

24. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: @winniebee: LOL! Pregnant women in the 1st trimester might just be the most misunderstood! No one knows why we're fat, throwing up, tired, eating too much...!

25. littlek

@theotherstark: I've gotten sick on metros everywhere.. the metro in DC, the metro in NYC, the metro in Germany... welcome to the club.

26. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm sorry Also keeping my fingers crossed for you!

@theotherstark: Ahh, I'm sorry! That sounds awful!

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Ha, so true!

@littlek: Glad I'm not the only one! I didn't know what to do. Ugh, so horrible.

@whenoceansrise: It was pretty bad. Haha. Ahh, oh well.

28. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

What are y'all snacking on throughout the day? I'm not a big snacker so I need some ideas! I'm getting tired of my carrots.

29. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Nuts, cheese, trail mix, all kinds of crackers...

30. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@PawPrints: Congrats on a good appointment! I'm a little bit behind you (I will be 6 weeks on Tuesday) so I'm curious to see when your MS kicks in. (If it does)

@simplyfelicity: Is it possible it was just not a long enough hold?

@theotherstark: Oh you poor lady!!! I'm so sorry!!!

@whenoceansrise: From Target, I love the Archer Farms trail mixes. (also, if you use the cartwheel app, they are on sale right now) I also love (from Target) the simply basic fruit strips.

31. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: @MRSJX3: Thanks ladies. Going grocery shopping this weekend so I'll be sure to pick up some trail mix!

32. littlek

@theotherstark: It is awful. But you are definitely not the only one. I hated riding the metro pregnant, it gets hot and people don't let you sit. I get motion sickness if I get to hot.

33. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Just let your cravings dictate... Hehe For some reason I really haven't been feeling any of the snacks I have. And I crave like 5 different things daily!

34. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: I haven't started having any cravings yet! I'm trying to stick healthy, but that may not happen once the cravings start!

35. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Yeah... I crave a lot of carbs I'm hoping the cravings will subside by 2nd trimester! Buuuut, I'm also in a new phase where I feel super full after eating just a little bit, so at least I can't scarf down things even if I wanted to!

36. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: I still don't think it's actually sunk in that I'm pregnant. I feel pretty normal so I'll be excited when those symptoms start coming. Even if it's total unhealthy cravings!

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Welp...I am spotting now and haven't at all since my bfp. I need to take a break from all this. Thanks for kind words and putting up with my neuroses...I think I just knew something was wrong. Best wishes.
    @theotherstark: please take me off the list. Thank you.

38. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I def didn't feel pregnant for a while! My bloating & cramps went away, and it was before the fatique & nausea started. And that was the time when there was nothing showing on the u/s too and I was nervous!

@simplyfelicity: We you and will keep you in our thoughts ((hug))

39. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

@whenoceansrise: I kept a food journal my first pregnancy (crazy MW diet), so I can tell you exactly what I snacked on. :o)

small cans of V8 (the low sodium kind)
    string cheese
    almonds
    trail mix
    carrots or celery with peanut butter
    rice cakes with peanut butter
    all types of vegetables with hummus
    raisins (good for the iron)
    Greek yogurt with berries
    apples, bananas, tangerines
    hard-boiled eggs (if I was feeling really fancy, I would make deviled eggs)
    Fudgicles
    chocolate milk
    Luna bars
    cottage cheese with fruit
    avocado on toast

40. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@snowjewelz: Thank you.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee