Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@winniebee: Not room clearing, but definitely happens way more frequently than it used to. lol

2. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

So...I just took.a dollar store test at 14 dpo after drinking about 50 (throughout the day) ounces of water and it was negative for the longest time and then, finally, a faint line no darker then the ones I took with fmu at 11 dpo (maybe just barely barely darker.) I am a wreck. I was hoping for dark lovely lines...I don't think its a CP since I have been getting positives from 10-14 dpo but they aren't getting much darker so I wonder if its not progressing. I feel heartbroken.

3. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@simplyfelicity: don't worry yourself! It was at the end of the day with a cheapie test. Test in the morning if it'll make you feel better.

4. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I had some kind of awful allergic reaction yesterday. TMI ALERT. Basically I'm not sure what caused it but my body was rejecting somethjng I ate. My parents brought me some soup for lunch yesterday. We all ate it including LO. Later that day I ate a small apple with like 4 tiny slices of pepperjack cheese. About an hour later I am covered in itchy hives. Shortly after that I am in the bathroom for over an hour just being sick. Fortunately DH was home by then to watch LO. I was having all kinds of stomach aches and sweating and crying. Once my system was cleared out the hives cleared. I just felt dizzy and weak for the rest of the night and my stomach was not happy the rest of the night so I didn't eat anything else. I got sick a few more times that night and broke out in hives all over again. The nurse line said I could take Claritin. It cleared up about an hour later and I finally got some sleep. More sickness in the morning but I was able to eat a plain toasted bagel. The whole time I was sick I didn't have any nausea so I was worried about the baby but finally tonight the nausea returned. My OB's office said just take it easy with food and lay off prenatals for a while. Fortunately no one else got sick

5. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: it is definitely atrocious and room clearing. It makes me think of the SATC episode with Miranda

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sandy: Thank you!

I did some searching and learned that $store tests tend to take a while, read very light and their hcg levels can vary from 25-50 from test to test. I am still concerned, but it is still early at 14dpo. DH wants to wait a couple days and test again with a digi. I thought the TWW was hard. Wondering/ worrying/ obsessing if your little bean is going to stick is SO much worse.

7. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@sandy: oh no you poor thing! Thank goodness your hinds was home.

8. littlek

@winniebee: haha yes!

9. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@PawPrints: I think we'll be telling my parents at least on Father's Day too! Not sure when we'll tell Hubs family. But Father's Day will only be a couple days before 14 weeks for me.

I think people do 14 weeks because that's the start of the second trimester and your chance of miscarriage goes down significantly at that point.

@simplyfelicity: Awww, I'm sorry! Maybe take a FRER in the morning?? Hopefully everything is okay! And yes - the TWW is hard, but worrying about having a sticky baby is sooooooo much worse!!!!

@sandy: Yikes!! That sounds dreadful!!! So sorry you went through that! I hope you're feeling better now!

10. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm sorry this happened, but honestly I would stop testing now. You are past the point where you missed your period and you have confirmed that you are pregnant with multiple tests. More testing will only make you fixate on how dark or not dark the line is when in reality at this point that's not a good measure of whether this pregnancy will sustain itself or not. Faint tests don't make you any more likely to miscarry than the rest of us. Try to have faith in your body and focus on eating, drinking, and sleeping well!

11. littlek

@simplyfelicity: honestly, i would stop testing. you are going to drive yourself crazy.

12. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@littlek: @winniebee: @Adira: Thanks, ladies. I promise I am normally a totally sane (well, mostly ) person but TTC brings out the crazy in me. I have never been so emotional in my life and this is so draining. I agree...the tests need to stop. I promise you guys won't need to keep me in line.

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Hi all! Sorry I've been a little quiet around here lately - I've been really nervous about the spotting I've had off and on for the last few weeks. That, combined with not having much m/s yesterday and today, made me very nervous for today's appt.

But, everything looks great She said the baby is measuring right on track at 8 weeks on the nose (I'm 8 weeks today based on ov). They gave me the EDD of 12/6 based on my LMP but, since she said it looks like 8 weeks on the sonogram, I'm going to keep my Dec. 4 date for now.

YAY I am SO HAPPY and relieved! I was super upset, thinking things weren't progressing, so it was such a relief to see and hear the little heartbeat. I definitely cried HB was 179 bpm, and it was crazy to see it on the screen.

We are so incredibly grateful! Here's our little bub.

14. Adira

@theotherstark: YAY!!!! Gorgeous photo!!!! So glad to see everything is right on track!!!

I had spotting with my first pregnancy too, but baby was totally fine. It's always SUCH a relief to have that u/s and confirm everything's good!

15. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@simplyfelicity: I would stop testing!! It's only going to make you more nervous I'm sure things are fine - it sounds like your urine was diluted. Don't stress too much (although I know that's easier said than done)

@sandy: Ugh, that sounds horrible!! I am so sorry! Ahh, I hope that doesn't happen again. Hives are seriously not fun.

@winniebee: Mine comes and goes, but when it's here, it's pretty bad Glad I'm not the only one. Haha!

16. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Adira: Thanks I know, I'm so relieved! I can't stop smiling, or staring at the picture It's good to hear someone else that spotted. I know it's fairly common, but it is just super nerve-wracking! But definitely a relief to see the hb.

17. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@theotherstark: Wow so much bigger @ 8 weeks, compared to my 6 weeks blob! Congrats!! I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time, but I am sure everything is looking up after hearing the heartbeat!

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@theotherstark: Congratulations!!! I am so very happy for you( and I agree...the tests are done.:) Anyway, what a beautiful little gummy bear!

19. Adira

@theotherstark: Yes, spotting is scary! When I had it last pregnancy, I was right around 7 weeks, and I posted on HB basically asking if I was having a miscarriage. Then I called my OB about it and they had me come in to check my cervix and do an ultrasound! It was such a scary time, but being able to have that early u/s and know that everything was okay was SUCH a huge relief!!!

20. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@sandy: oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Hoping you are feeling a lot better today!

21. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: awww yay! so happy everything is alright! making me more excited for my first appointment!

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: I know - it's crazy how quickly they grow!! It sort of looks like a little babe at this point; you can see little eyes and the nose forming

@simplyfelicity: Thank you! And I'm glad you're putting the pee sticks away It's so hard not to over-analyze.

@Adira: It always makes me feel better reading about women who spotted and had healthy pregnancies Thank you.

@whenoceansrise: Thanks, lady! I can't wait for yours! How are you feeling??

23. Adira

@theotherstark: haha, you should watch that show "I didn't know I was pregnant" where all the women continue to have their periods and end up with a baby at the end!!

24. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: I'm actually feeling quite normal. I don't even really feel pregnant yet.

25. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Crazy! I can't even get over the fact that there's a 2nd set of heartbeat inside of me yet! I was hoping to me more emotional... DH ended up tearing up at the heartbeat and I was more just relieved that it's alive!

I wonder how many of us end up giving birth of the same day since a lot of our EDDs are so close together!

26. littlek

@theotherstark: yay!!! beautiful!

27. littlek

@snowjewelz: I'm pretty much positive I won't make it to December. I'm aiming for 37 weeks, so I think I will be mid November.

28. snowjewelz

@littlek: Ok, but you're not allowed to leave here

29. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Adira: Oh geez - I can't watch those shows! Ha, I always just end up screaming how did you not know?! and getting annoyed.

@whenoceansrise: My m/s really didn't kick in until 6 weeks - up until then, my boobs just hurt and I was hungrier than normal

@snowjewelz: I know, it's pretty insane to think about!! I was just so relieved to hear it and know that things were progressing okay.

There are a bunch of us with close EDDs! Should make for an exciting beginning of Dec

@littlek: Thank you!! And I agree with @snowjewelz: I hope you stick around this thread!

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Updates, since we have lots of appointments coming up!! And since I haven't done a calendar update in a little while. Hopefully I caught all of the changes, etc. Let me know if something looks wrong.

December Mommas

December 1: MamaG (#2), MrsF (#2)
    December 3: Sandy (#2), luv2beamom (#1)
    December 4: theotherstark (#1), MissyBear (#1), mrsmangomochi (#2)
    December 5: Magnolia (#1), genarator (#2), AngelicOne (#1)
    December 8: cram88 (#2), littlek (#2)
    December 9: Mrs.Lilac (#1)
    December 10: snowjewelz (#1), Miss Ariel (#1)
    December 11: MsMini (#2), ustechie (#2)
    December 13: ctegge0416 (#1)
    December 16: Adira (#2)
    December 18: MrsD (#1)
    December 19: MrsScallop (#2)
    December 20: PawPrints (#1)
    December 22: winniebee (#2), babypie (#2), busylizzy111 (#1)
    December 23: MrsJX3 (#1)
    December 25: whenoceansrise (#1), Allison (#2)
    December 29: mrsbookworm (#2)
    December 31: simplyfelicity (#1)
    January 1: septca (#2)

Appointments

April 24: winniebee, PawPrints (orientation)
    April 25: MissyBear (u/s)
    April 28: littlek
    April 29: Sandy, babypie, cram88 (u/s)
    April 30: cram88 (genetic counseling)
    May 1: ctegge0416
    May 2: snowjewelz
    May 5: Miss Ariel
    May 6: theotherstark, mamag
    May 7: MissyBear
    May 9: Adira, MrsD
    May 12: MrsScallop
    May 14: cram88
    May 15: Adira, busylizzy111
    May 16: MrsJX3
    May 21: cram88
    May 24: Magnolia
    May 27: MrsScallop
    May 29: simplyfelicity
    June 3: whenoceansrise

31. Adira

@theotherstark: hahahaha, yeah! Those shows are nuts!

32. Adira

Besides your immediate family, who are you guys excited to tell about your pregnancy?

I'm actually excited to tell my boss. He had only been my boss for a few weeks the first time around and I didn't really know him and was soooooooooo nervous to tell him, but he ended up being sooooo excited for me and so supportive! Now that I know him better and know what his reaction was last time, I'm excited to tell him about baby #2!

33. snowjewelz

My grandmother & relatives that live in another country! I wish my grandma knows, but I really want to wait till after 1st trimester as I really wouldn't want to give her good news then bad news. But I can't wait to tell her that she's going to be a great grandmother!

34. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@Adira: I'm excited to tell our closest couple friends. They have a two year old and 1 month old twins. We spend a lot of time with them and I know they will be so excited for us! I also can't wait to tell grandparents. I only have one grandparent still living but my husband has three.

35. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@theotherstark: That's a great looking picture! So happy for you!!

36. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@theotherstark: beautiful u/s!!!

37. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@sandy: I hope you are feeling better! That's so strange and scary!!

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Adira: I was just thinking of that show today! It's crazy!

39. winniebee

@theotherstark: Congratulations on a great appointment! I'm glad you can breathe a sigh of relief now.

40. winniebee

@sandy: That's so scary! I'm glad you feel better. It is amazing that fetuses are such good parasites and are completely unaffected by stuff like that!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee