Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

Sorry to all of you ladies with your morning sickness! Keeping your remedies in mind because I'm only 5 weeks and I'm sure morning sickness is just around the corner. Hoping you all feel better soon!

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@whenoceansrise: You might not have it that bad! I have nausea all day, but have never thrown up!

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@snowjewelz: That's how I was last pregnancy! And if I just kept eating, it pretty much was non-existent! Hoping for a similar experience this time around!

4. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: I just don't deal well with throwing up. Really hoping it won't be bad!

5. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm in the medicine for nausea camp over here. I'll freely admit that I feel so much better taking a zofran every morning. I never threw up, but eating wasn't curing my nausea. And for those of you worried about constipation (which I am battling currently for different reasons), you can take colace or increase your fiber or both. Colace is over the counter, just make sure to get plain Colace without a stimulant.

6. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I've been hoping & praying too b/c I hate throwing up too and it'd be a nasty thing to go through at work. Fx for you! I guess I am not out of the danger zone either haha, but I rather get m/s and have a healthy baby! At this point I'll do anything to get through this first trimester w/ a sticky baby!

7. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh to finally be in the 2nd trimester! I'm counting the days until 14 weeks so I can start telling people!

8. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Same here!!! I can't WAIT to get to 14 weeks!!!

9. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: So many people already guessed on my end! Today a co-worker asked me if I was! She said I had been quiet and that she could just tell...

10. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Just had a doctors appointment. I told them my first day of last period and she said I was 8 weeks pregnant according to her method of calculating. When I look it up online, it says I'm 7 weeks... Same dates. I'm confused! Glad doc thinks 8 weeks though as that will hopefully mean I get a scan quicker! Other than that, it was a very uneventful appointment. She didn't even do a preg test. Just weighed me and took my blood pressure.

11. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm hungry all day. So far have eaten a banana, yogurt, piece of bacon, English muffin with butter, apple, fiber one bar, bowl of pasta. It's only 12:50.

12. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: I guess it depends when you O and how long your cycle was... I had a Nov EDD based on LMP, but I new I O'd later so when I got my u/s they did move it back out to Dec

13. snowjewelz

@winniebee: I know! I have to continuously eat. But not just anything! I happen to not want any of the healthy snacks I have at work!

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@snowjewelz: thanks! I am such a worry wort right now!

15. snowjewelz

@simplyfelicity: I think we all are, until the end of first trimester! I was really stressed out last night and was crying to DH, and then I was afraid the stress would affect the baby so I tried my best to calm down lol. Or, I really like spicy food, but we had Indian one night and I was afraid that I went overboard and something would happen to the baby. So don't worry, you are not the only one!

16. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: Longest 14 weeks ever!

@snowjewelz: that's so crazy! Nobody has guessed it for me. I thought my coworkers would think something was up since I've been snacking on carrots all week.

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@snowjewelz: I know what you mean and I have only been at this for four days! ok, if no one else finds anything alarming about my faint lines, I will stop worrying about them.:)

18. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Yea very strange... This is the 3rd person in my life that just randomly asked! I have come to terms now with people finding out early... I'm too tired to care lol. As long as these people don't run their mouths, I'm good!

@simplyfelicity: The beginning is the scariest! But that's why we HB... I don't know what I would've done! Actually, I probably would've just found out I'm KU if I never was on HB!

19. Adira

@whenoceansrise: I agree! And I don't even have my first appointment until 8 weeks! And that's just the stupid orientation one! Blah!

20. Adira

@Mrs.Lilac: When was the first day of your LMP?

21. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: I spoke too soon.. I just called one of my coworkers to have her open a schedule for me and she said: "are you pregnant yet?" she kind of knew that we were TTC. I couldn't lie to her! I told her it was early and not to tell anyone

@Adira: I don't have my first appointment until 12 weeks! That's in June!

22. Adira

@whenoceansrise: OMG, why so late???

23. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: That's when my doctor's next opening was. I'm kind of okay with waiting until 12 weeks because my baby will look more like a baby on the scan. She told me if I got worried she'd ask the doctor to work me in sooner. But right now I'm okay with waiting. Even though I am very impatient!

24. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Hahah! Jinxed!

25. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: do you have long cycles? I think O date is more accurate. But it really doesn't matter.

26. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Will you have the option to do the first trimester screening at that appointment (if you're so inclined)?

27. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: Yes!

28. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Oh, okay, good!! Still, that's a long wait!! We won't have an u/s until around then though either, so even though I'll have my 8 and 9 week appointments, I won't know how the baby is doing until 12 weeks, just like you!

29. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@littlek: Mine showed the yolk sac & baby on the pic I posted before. Hopefully the tech was right and there is only 1 cooking in here

@whenoceansrise: I'm blabbing at 13 weeks when we go visit my family. It's so hard keeping this a secret.

30. Adira

@AngelicOne: 13 weeks is close enough! We'll actually tell before 14 weeks too, assuming I get my 12 week u/s on time. I just want to do it AFTER the u/s and as close to second trimester as possible.

31. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@AngelicOne: I'm telling my mom on mothers day weekend and I'll only be 8 weeks. I can't wait any longer to tell her!

32. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

We always planned to wait until at least the first ultrasound to tell anyone... The day I got a positive test, my husband said he couldn't keep it in and we had to tell immediate family. So we told them. His justification was that we'd tell them if anything happens anyway. He was just way too cute and excited, I couldn't tell him no!!

33. snowjewelz

@MRSJX3: Same here! Told my family right away b/c I really want them to be on this journey with us from the start!

34. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

I'm probably telling my best friend next week when I see her for her birthday. I'm the one wanting to wait to tell family because my I never get to see my sister around her birthday, and this year we are, so she'll love that she gets to know first (out of family anyways). We can't tell his family until we tell mine because they'll blab or post on FB, so 5 more weeks of secrecy it is.

35. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I think we're going to tell family as soon as the first-trimester screening is done, which will be around 11-13 weeks (I think I find out tomorrow exactly when). That could mean we'll be telling our parents on father's day, which would be cool.

I don't think I can wait until 14 weeks. Do people do the 14-week mark just because that's the end of the danger zone for miscarriage?

Right now, the 11-13 week appointment seems so unbelievably far away that I'm just trying to focus on getting to 7 weeks, which is when miscarriage risk is supposedly down to 4.5%. Baby steps. (I'll be at 6 weeks on Friday.)

36. littlek

@PawPrints: when is your first u/s? I would say you are pretty safe after you see the baby's heartbeat on the U/S.

37. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@littlek: It will be at that same 11-13 week appointment. The only appointment I get before then is my orientation, tomorrow.

38. mrsbookworm

pear / 1823 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I had a lot of morning sickness with my last pregnancy. I kept a bag of hard candy at my desk and sucked on it all day. For some reason, that helped. Hope it works for you!

I have my first appointment with a new OB next Friday. Has anyone brought their LO along to the appointment? I just realized DH will be away and I don't have anyone to watch LO. I'd like to keep the appointment though...

39. littlek

@mrsbookworm: I brought LO to my US and he did ok. How old is your LO? I have an almost 2 year old and he is active but I can distract him with a snack and apps on our iPad.

40. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@mrsbookworm: I've never had to before but probably will this time. Bring the iPad!

Does anyone have atrocious, uncontrollable, room clearing gas? Pregnancy is so glamorous....

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee