Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@theotherstark: awww what a beautiful little gummy bear baby... def teared up when I saw it. I am so emotional haha I keep tearing up over everything. But I'm so glad you got the great news of everything being right on track after being scared for a while!

@mrs.lilac: So I was thinking about your doctor saying you were 8 weeks, and everything else saying 7 weeks based on the same date, and I actually think it kind of makes sense. Everything online (for the most part) give you the gestational age, which is for you, 7weeksXdays. BUT when you are 7weeksXdays, you are actually in your 8th week of pregnancy. Because what you consider your FIRST week, you are actually 0weeksXdays. If that makes sense? It's kind of like how the "21st century" refers to the years 20XX, not 21XX. So your doctor was probably just saying that you're in your 8th week, with gestational age of 7weeks and however many days. I'm not sure if that even makes sense, but for example, today I am 8weeks0days, so I am officially in my 9th week of pregnancy. Or maybe I just made everything even more confusing haha

Ahhhh I am so looking forward to my u/s tomorrow! can't wait to see the baby, and am so nervous that everything won't be alright. I think that's normal, to be so nervous? It will be a huge relief to see if everything is ok though

I believe I will be getting an external ultrasound (not a vaginal one) though, have any of you gotten this kind around 8 weeks? I'll be 8w1d, and I'm just curious if I'll even be able to see anything.

2. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@missybear: that's kinda surprising they aren't doing vaginally. Usually they do vaginal early and then transabdominal later on, I think around 10 weeks it switched.

3. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@littlek: I know But they told me to drink 20 oz before my appointment, and from what I;ve seen online, that is for an abdominal u/s, because they need an empty bladder for a vaginal one?

4. littlek

@missybear: Yep! They usually have you drink water before transabdominal.

5. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@littlek: @missybear: they actually did my 6.5 wk ultrasound on my tummy last time around - the tech was like, eh, you're thin and you have a full bladder let's give this a try. and it was fine! my 10 week was done vaginally though because I think they were looking for stuff other than viability.

6. littlek

@winniebee: Interesting!

7. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@winniebee: Yay! I'm pretty thin also so I hope it will work. I'd just love to have a good view of everything So weird that some places do transabdominal so early! But I'm relieved to hear you got a good view with that, so there's hope for me too!

8. winniebee

@missybear: I do think you will get a better view if they do it transvaginally. They were still able to get a heartbeat at 6.5 weeks on my tummy though, so you never know.

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@sandy: @MRSJX3: @winniebee: Thanks so much, ladies!! I know we aren't out of the woods yet, but it was just such a relief to see the heartbeat, and that things are looking good

@missybear: Aww I can't wait for your u/s tomorrow!!! You must be super excited. They did mine transvaginally.

10. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@missybear: Mine was vaginal. They said for the 18 week u/s, it'll switch to transabdominal.

@theotherstark: Nice picture.

@sandy: Hope you're feeling better. Hives don't sound like fun.

My next appt is May 19th. I get to meet with the doctor this time.

11. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@Adira: LMP was march 5th. I ovulated on 17th march, cd 12. My doc puts my EDD at 11th December but my EDD going by ovulation is 9th...

@littlek: my cycles are roughly 27 days. Pretty normal.

@missybear: that makes loads of sense thanks so much. It is all rather confusing but I guess i will get the most accurate EDD at my scan at wk 12.

@theotherstark: glad you got a scan and it has set your mind at rest. That must feel amazing. I'm very jealous

12. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

I had gotten both so far! She would do a quick abdominal, and then vaginal.

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: I am so intrigued by your OB!! Haha.

14. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: LOL. She's part of a big OBGYN group out here with multiple offices! I am intrigued too, b/c I have yet to find anyone here that got the same 'treatment' as me. It's between great & excessive... I just know that after every u/s there's so much slimy goob to clean off!

15. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I had my first OB appointment yesterday and I got to have a quick ultrasound, which I was totally not expecting! She didn't really get a great shot or a picture but she could see the HB flickering away and that's all that matters to me My OB was in a different practice for my last pregnancy and they didn't do ultrasounds in the office so I was thrilled when she said that she could do one right there. Yay!

16. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh geez - I bet! The transvaginal was bad enough - I can't imagine that plus the stomach one! Yikes.

Ha, well I'm glad she's being proactive about your heart-shaped uterus at least And hey, it means you get to see more bean pics!

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsF: Awww yay! That is awesome I loved seeing the little flickering hb; it's so reassuring! Glad you got to see your little bub

18. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: I saw it at the last u/s too... It really is a heart... A really fat heart. When's your next appt?

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@sandy: That sounds horrendous! I hope you're feeling better

@theotherstark: Such a great picture! You must be so relieved. I had some bleeding in my first trimester with my daughter and I have a healthy 18 month old

@missybear: I had a trans abdominal ultrasound yesterday (at 8w 2d). She could get as good of a picture as with a trans vaginal, but it was enough to see that there's a baby with a heartbeat in there! I didn't even have a full bladder because I had just given a urine sample.

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@theotherstark: Thanks!

Second to seeing the heartbeat I was VERY relieved to see just one baby in there. Phew!

21. winniebee

My midwife appt today was fine - just a long history and discussion of my care plan this pregnancy. Oh and they did an old fashioned pregnancy test on my pee! I will have a dating ultrasound next Thursday (5/1) and then another midwife appt on 5/13 for bloodwork and exam. Then sometime in late May a perinatologist appt. The peri will do my NT scan as well as take cervical length measurements (since I had preterm labor and a shortened cervix at 30 wks). The peri will also decide what type of other monitoring and high risk care I should have, including progesterone shots to help with cervical length. Kind of a pain since the peri is in Sante Fe, 1.5 hours from here. But you gotta do what you gotta do. I foresee a lot of doctors appts in my future.

22. littlek

@MrsF: yay for seeing HB!

23. winniebee

@MrsF: great news on both fronts!

24. littlek

@winniebee: I didn't realize you had a shortened cervix with your 1st pregnancy. I'm not sure why I had B early but my guess is they will be keeping up to date with my cervix length this time.

25. winniebee

@littlek: yeah I had contractions at 30w and was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced with a cervical length of 2.3. They don't know if the shortened cervix caused the contractions or whether the contractions caused the cervix to shorten. My sister had a similar experience as you

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Aww - I'm glad you saw it Next appt is May 6, although I'm not sure if they're doing an u/s then.

@MrsF: Yes, very relieved! I was so worried that there wouldn't be anything in there that I didn't think about the twins until right after My husband hadn't even thought about it, but he was very relieved there was only 1!

@winniebee: Glad your appt went well, although ugh to forseeing lots of drs appts Sorry about that. But hopefully it helps weed out/help all issues!

27. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

Can I hang out in here for a while? It's kind of lonely in the January thread so far.

28. snowjewelz

@oliviaoblivia: YESSSS! We are chatty people over here! I didn't follow up on your gold thread w/ your cute card for DH... How did he react?

29. winniebee

@oliviaoblivia: of course! Stay as long as you like!

30. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@snowjewelz: He was so so thrilled! I had shown him my squinters and he didn't believe me. FRER for the win.

31. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Of course!! I've added you to the list for the next round of updates January 1, right??

32. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@theotherstark: Yep! I have an appt for bloodwork tomorrow. I won't see my OB until 10 weeks and not have an US until 12.

33. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome mamas!

34. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Welcome & congrats!

35. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Of course! Welcome and congratulations This is a very chatty thread!

36. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Yay! You're here!

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Maybe its because today is when AF would have been due or something, but I just had my first bout of m/s. Dh picked up some in n out while we were out and usually I love that place but when the food got in the car, it reeked of burnt to a crisp, rotten, moldy cheese and I ran into the house in just enough time to dry heave in the bathroom. Yeah, maybe this baby is stickier than I thought...

38. MrsMangoMochi

coffee bean / 44 posts

@AngelicOne: Congrats! Beautiful ultrasound pic!

39. MrsMangoMochi

coffee bean / 44 posts

@theotherstark: Beautiful pic! Glad to hear you saw the heartbeat, too!

40. MrsMangoMochi

coffee bean / 44 posts

@MrsF, @Snowjewelz, @MamaG, @LittleK, @Mrs.Lilac, @Sandy - thank you all for your kind comments on my u/s. Sorry I'm a bit late in responding. I'm moving on May 3rd, and it's been crazy around here with all the packing. Feeling tired doesn't help, either. Hope everyone is doing great!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee