Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@littlek: I like traditional but not completely common names. Tyler was top 100 but not top 50 and we both liked it.

@sandy: I love Nolan! But DH doesn't. I'm glad you had a good scan today but I'm sure the not knowing is difficult. It sounds like they are being extra cautious which is great.

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@sandy: I am glad you saw little girl and things looked good, although it must be really frustrating being in the dark and not knowing specifically what is going on. Will keep thinking of you guys!!

@winniebee: Hmm. Well, I still like both Owen and Ryan With Tyler, I also like William, Nathan, Riley, Everett, James, Jacob. Not sure how popular any of those are.

We actually had more boy names in mind than girl names, and my husband had slightly stronger opinions on the boy names, so I was a bit relieved that we are having a boy

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@whenoceansrise: I usually have to check my app to even remember what week I am And I purposely add some days to the countdown b/c I'm so sure I won't have her till Dec!

@sandy: I'm glad the plan of action is clear! It seems like they are keeping a close eye on it, I hope everything will turn out ok!

@theotherstark: It's always great to be having the gender you have options for! That's why I was so anxious to find out, to see if we need to be stressing over names lol!

4. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: haha you are so funny! are you in the third trimester yet?

5. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

So I am pretty sure DH decided on our little lady's name (without much input from me!) We went to wedding this weekend and someone asked if we had names- I replied with, "we haven't really made any decisions yet." DH replied with "Her name is going to be Emily, we just haven't picked out a middle name yet" I was like- uh we decided?? I don't remember doing that!!

I do love Emily and it was out top girls name for LO#1 (before we knew he was going to be a boy!) So I guess DH decided.... I am still not positive- but I do like it!

6. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@sandy: Thanks! I'm glad your scan went well overall and that you are going to have a plan going forward. I hope everything turns out okay!

@winniebee: I really like the name Ryan. I considered it for a while but my SIL is marrying a Ryan, so that wasn't going to work. I also love the pattern of "y"s in your family's names I also like Owen or, keeping with the y theme, Dylan.

7. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@cheert16: Ha, my husband does this all the time! I don't love sharing our name choices with family and friends IRL because I don't want to hear other people's opinions (because they shouldn't matter, this is our kid, not theirs), while DH just blabs it to anyone and everyone that asks. Emily is a beautiful name though!

8. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I'm 24+5... I don't even know when 3rd trimester starts... I think wk 28??

9. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: yeah, i believe it's week 28! you're getting close!

10. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@cheert16: hahahaha, silly DH! So funny he decided on a name without you! At least you like it!

11. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@MrsScallop: I feel the same way!! He blabbed it out!!

@Adira: Yeah- now just negotiate the middle name.... although I may try to sway his opinions on first names!

12. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@sandy: that's good you got to see little girl. That is so difficult to deal with all the uncertainty. Hopefully everything is okay!

13. snowjewelz

I knew it!! So all this time my OB said my EDD was fine/accurate.
    I KNOW deep down I'm really due in Dec anyway, knowing when I O'd and all. So I had to go get a growth scan today since baby K has been measuring small. FINALLY they agreed that I'm really due 12/8! I'm not really surprised since that's what I had been thinking anyway. Good that my announcement said "coming winter 2014" so I don't have to correct anything! Yay I'm back to being a true Dec mama!

14. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: Hooray! Glad they confirmed what you knew already!

15. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@cheert16: haha that is too funny!! I love the name Emily. My husband is the opposite - he doesn't want anyone to know!!

@snowjewelz: Welcome "back" Glad they finally agreed with what you had thought all along!!

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@sandy: Glad you got to see your baby It always is a treat! I pray all continues to good well, and all will be just fine!

@cheert16: I think Emily is beautiful!

@snowjewelz: Welcome back!!!!!!

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Had am apt today! Baby and I are doing well....I gained 9lbs since last apt 5 1/2 weeks ago I kinda panicked, but midwife said it was my true first weight gain so not a big deal, but made me feel blahhh.....

Baby is great, I measured at 23 centimeters and will be 23weeks Sunday so right on track!!

**Glucose test 9/19

18. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Hi all, I just wanted to drop in to give an update since my departure from this thread last April. Everyone on here was so supportive and nice when I went through my miscarriage, so I thought I'd come back and let you all know that I'm now happily a member of the April 2015 due date thread. We had our first ultrasound today and saw the little flickering heartbeat. We're so happy.

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@PawPrints: Omg that is amazing news!!!!!! I'll be an April thread stalker now

20. snowjewelz

@PawPrints: ahh amazing! Congrats!!!

21. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: it's okay, you look great

22. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@PawPrints: so happy to hear this!! April is a fantastic time for a baby!! (That's the month my first LO was born!!)) congratulations

23. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@PawPrints: Yaaaaaay!!! Congratulations And horray for seeing the heartbeat. Such great news - thanks for keeping us updated!

24. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: that sounds quite normal! Glad everything is looking good

25. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@PawPrints: Yay!!!! I am so happy for you

26. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@FaithFertility: I feel you! I gained 9 pounds between week 18 and 22 and I was kinda freaked out but I guess it's normal

27. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@PawPrints: congrats!!! So happy for you

28. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: @theotherstark: @snowjewelz: @MrsScallop: @littlek: @FaithFertility: thanks for all the positive thoughts ladies! I can't believe it's only about 16 weeks until December! I can't wait to start seeing all the sweet babies! I always feel like the end of the year flies by once august ends. For us it's DH's birthday, our anniversary, Halloween, LO's birthday, Thanksgiving and then baby's due date

29. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@PawPrints: congrats! A lovely Easter baby!!

@snowjewelz: yay we are due date twins!!! How funny that they put you back!

We think we have a name. DH chose it. We were really struggling as being a teacher, I have aversions to LOTS of names! Anyway, hubby came up with Lila which I really like. I have never met a Lila and it's very unusual here in the uk (I hear it's popular in the USA?). So we agreed on Lila Elizabeth after my nana who passed last month. Funny thing is after we agreed, and I really accepted it I asked where he got the name - yeah, it's not the best story. Apparently she is a cheerleader in some American football TV drama about high school! I told him to Keep that bit quiet! Lol

30. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: ahh Lila is sooo adorable! Love!!

And yay for being due date twins! I feel much better since her growth is right on track now instead of measuring small for a 11/28 EDD!

And it's 4:30am... I just woke up for no reason and can't go back go sleep...

31. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@snowjewelz: it's so weird that they put you forward then kept saying you were measuring small! Did they go off your period? I remember we were both using OPKs so I told mine the exact day I ovulated! Anyway, glad the measurements are now correct! Sorry you are up so early. It's 10.40 here in France. I'm about to go to the airport and rerun home boooo

32. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: aww I hope you had and awesome vacation!

I told them when I think I ovulated.. I think the date had to so with me going in so early. I didn't contest the EDD too much since I figure she will still come when she wants to come!

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Lila Elizabeth is beautiful! I'm a tecaher too, so many name adversions!

@snowjewelz: Wide awake too @ 5 a.m. I wake so early sometimes 3-4 a.m. but I am ready for bed daily by 7

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@sandy: I feel the same about the end of the year! We have soooo much!!!
    Aug Mom's bday, september back to work and DH bday, Oct my dad's, mine and sisters bday, halloween, November our anniversary, BIL bday, Thanksgiving, then baby due date, and anither BIL bday, nieces bday, christmas, stepdads bday and January MIL bday.....lol

Whooooooo

35. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I just wish I can sleep more knowing I won't be sleeping good in a few more months! And man, your schedule this fall is packed! We have 3 birthdays and Thanksgiving in Nov so that's prob the busiest for us. Oct is baby shower and prob in full prepping mode! So I hope Sept will be more chill... We have had a busy summer!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Ahhhhh baby shower! Mine is in Oct too!!!! So surreal!

37. winniebee

@snowjewelz: that's good that you are back on track for your due date! I guess it would only matter at the end anyways if she was overdue on their due date and not overdue by your standards!

@Mrs.Lilac: I love that name!

@snowjewelz: @FaithFertility: I have bizarre sleep patterns too. One night I'm exhausted yet can't fall asleep then can't wake up in the morning. The next I'm passed out by 830 but then wide awake at 530.

38. winniebee

I also feel like the rest of this pregnancy will go pretty quickly. We are on vacation this month, moving in September and I'm sure will be busy with that through October. Also have 2 brother birthdays, friends visiting in sept and then my sister I. Laws baby shower in October, sil baby due, thanksgiving, then bam it's December. I suspect I will be antsy after my sister in laws baby comes in November though.

39. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@snowjewelz: Yay! Welcome back to December!

@PawPrints: What FANTASTIC news!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!!

@FaithFertility: @magnolia: You girls are making me feel a little better. I've gained 8 lbs in the last 4 weeks, so I'm with you!

@Mrs.Lilac: She's from Friday Night Lights, an AMAZING show!!! I LOVE the name Lila!!

40. winniebee

@PawPrints: that's great news! Thanks for updating us! Congrats!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee