Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@winniebee: Bummer! But I totally get being busy with family!!

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Oooh, you're going to have such a lovely fall! I'm glad you're having a nice time with your family, too Lake house vacations are so fun!!

@Adira: Bah, sorry My friend had sent me some of the Burt's Bees belly rub when I first told her I was pregnant, so I've been putting that on most nights. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps the stretch marks at bay!!

@littlek: Agreed!! I do like summer, but fall is just so wonderful here

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

I didn't get stretch marks with T - I used Dr Palmers cream but I think it has more to do with genetics (my mom had 4 kids no stretch marks -- my sister has had 3 with none).

4. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

I'm using belly butter but it's really genetics. My mom did not get stretch marks either. Is anyone else's belly button close to popping? My belly button is almost flat.

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@littlek: I have a SUPER deep belly button, so I'm not sure if it will pop! Haha. It is definitely way shallower than normal, though. I can actually see the bottom, which is crazy to me!

6. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

I've been using Palmer's coco butter. I'm contemplating texting my mom and asking if she had stretch marks on her butt, lol! She'll probably be like "...."

7. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, yeah, Palmer's is what I'm using. My mom got stretch marks, so I knew I was doomed to have them, but still! I bet your mom would tell you if you asked!

8. winniebee

@littlek: I have a super innie. It got very flat last time but never popped. It's already very flat.

9. snowjewelz

I'd like to know who has the first popped belly button! Mine's much more shallow than it used to be, but not completely flat yet.

10. Adira

My belly button was super deep before. Last pregnancy, it started... bulging? But never became a complete outtie. It's currently still an innie, but getting flatter.

11. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

my belly button was never very deep so i have a feeling it'll pop out fairly soon!

12. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@whenoceansrise: Love the name Micah! We've decided on Levi Michael - Michael after my husband's uncle - but Micah would've been great also!

My bb is flat already / nearly popping! No stretch marks yet but I imagine I'll get them as my mom has them. I've been using Vitamin E Cream for awhile now hoping that will help.

Little guy has been pretty calm the past couple days, I'm so paranoid I get nervous when he's not kicking me regularly or as much!

13. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

My bb got super flat but never popped out. It has never been the same since.

I got angry red stretch marks on my stomach and thighs but they eventually faded - took about a year but they all disappeared

14. snowjewelz

@sandy: Good to know they disappear eventually!

15. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@josina: we chose Micah to honor my stepdad who passed away 3 years ago. his name was michael! also, his birthday was on 12-25 and this baby could potentially be born on the same day!

16. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@whenoceansrise: I freakin love the name Micah! Would have been my top choice but we are having a girl and DH is not a fan of it for a girl

17. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

Hi ladies! I have been pretty terrible at keeping up with this thread due to work and moving and life in general, but I am glad to see most of us are doing well!

A couple weeks ago we found out that we are having a this time around, and we are so excited! Unfortunately, at the anatomy scan, the tech had a hard time getting a good picture of his heart, and the few pictures she did get showed the left side of his heart being smaller than the right. So this upcoming Monday we will be going for a Fetal Echocardiogram to make sure his heart is developing correctly. It is a little scary, but DH and I really believe it was probably the angle of the picture and not a true anomaly. Hopefully Monday will show we are right!

Otherwise, things are going well. This little guy is very active and I've already been able to see his kicks and punches, which has been really fun.

18. Adira

@MrsScallop: Congrats on your little boy! I hope everything is okay with his heart!

19. littlek

@MrsScallop: congrats on a ! Hope everything is okay with his heart!

20. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: All throughout my first pregnancy I thought I was in the clear for stretch marks, but they appeared once she was born on my belly and hips. I am really hoping that they stay away this time!

@littlek: My belly button never full popped last time, but it is already bulging out half way now. It seemed to get really stretched out and weird before, so I'm not expecting it to pop much more this time around.

@whenoceansrise: @josina: Love love your names! We are deciding between two now, Benjamin Charles or Charles Steven (nn Charlie). Charles is a family name on my side, while Steven would be after FIL if we go that route. I think we are leaning to Charles Steven, but Benjamin was our first chosen boy name, so it is a very very close second!

21. snowjewelz

@MrsScallop: Congrats on a boy!! I hope further testing will be able to show that everything is alright!

22. Adira

@MrsScallop: I've heard of that happening!! I think last pregnancy, I didn't get them until the third trimester, and I was lucky in that they stayed pretty low, so I could still show off some of my stomach if I wanted to without them being seen. But the ones I'm getting now are higher. Oh well!

23. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: @littlek: @snowjewelz: Thanks ladies!

@Adira: Bummer!

24. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsScallop: Aww, congratulations on your little guy! I'll keep my fingers crossed that all looks perfect and healthy on the Echocardiogram on Monday.

And I love your name choices! Charles is one of our top contenders too. We are about 98% set on first and middle names, but we want to leave room to change our minds in case it doesn't fit him So Charles is one of our back-ups.

25. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsScallop: Big fan of Charlie/Charles also... my dad, grandpa, and great grandpa's names, so BIG family name, but of course husband went to school with a girl named Charly so kind of ruined it on him. Might sneak it in as a middle name for future boys!

26. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MrsScallop: Congrats on the baby boy! Hope everything goes well on Monday.

My belly button is still really deep, so I dunno if it will pop or not.

I already had stretch marks, so trying not to pay attention if I have anymore. lol

What I do have to deal with right now is the leaky boobs. What fun...not! Time to get the pads for it now. lol

27. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@josina: Funny, that's exactly the pattern for my family too! I don't have brothers, so I really want to keep the tradition alive. DH was really hesitant about using it as a name for a long time, but putting it in as a middle name with Benjamin first helped him come around

28. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@AngelicOne: Thank you! And ugh, I am getting leaky boobs a bit too. Luckily it isn't bad enough for pads yet, but I'm expecting it will just get worse.

29. winniebee

@MrsScallop: congrats on your little boy! I hope everything with his heart is just fine.

30. winniebee

We are having a hard time with a name. Nothing is really grabbing us yet. And my husband vetoes basically everything.

31. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Was there anything from last go around? Or you're starting fresh?

32. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@sandy: I love the name Micah for a girl too!
    @MrsScallop: Congrats on your baby boy! Hoping everything is fine with his heart! Oh, and I love the nn Charlie!!

33. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@winniebee: Thanks! And boy names are hard! We have been discussing names since I was pregnant with my first (so for 2 years) and we have only ever really liked the two names I mentioned. If we have another boy after this, we may be in trouble!

34. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@whenoceansrise: Thanks!

35. winniebee

@snowjewelz: we were thinking of Owen last time but aren't sure about it this time.

Considering Ryan. Our sons name is Tyler. My husband is Bryce. Any suggestions???

@MrsScallop: boy names are definitely harder!!! I like Charlie a lot!

36. snowjewelz

@MrsScallop: Boy names are so hard! So glad we had a girl b/c we never had boy names but already had 2 definite girl names.

I actually tend to like classic names so Ryan sounds great!

37. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Oh, I think the names Owen and Tyler go really nicely together! I also like Ryan (would you mind that all the boys names would have an early "y"? )

38. littlek

@winniebee: do you like traditional names?

39. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

y'all i've already started a countdown... 130 days until my due date! hurry up december!

40. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsScallop: congrats on your baby boy! Hope everything turns out ok at your next scan!

@winniebee: I feel like it's so hard with the second baby being the same gender. I really like Owen and Ryan. If we had a boy my top choice was Evan - I have always liked that name. I also really like Noah but it's so popular but another name I really liked was Nolan.

We are 99% sure on baby girl's name but are trying it out to see if it's the right name. The only negative is it is a super popular name - like top 5 but it's the one name that we both love.

We also had our follow up anatomy scan and baby girl looks great overall and is growing just fine and is super active. The cyst is still there on her kidney which is consistent with their initial diagnosis of a duplicated ureter...and they could see two paths out of the kidney which would indicate a duplication issue. We go back in 4 weeks for yet another scan and will get a referral to a pediatric urologist at that time who will review all the scans and have a plan for what to do when baby is born. He'll do an ultrasound on baby after she's born to see exactly what we're dealing with with respect to her kidney. Nothing to do but wait and see so I'm trying not to worry about it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee