Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@HappyBluebird: I've had migraines in the past too and I guess these aren't as bad. But I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and it hasn't helped. Can't drink it late in the day or it keeps me up. Maybe I should try some coke in the afternoon though.

2. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Foodnerd81: migraines and headaches in general are the worst! If the Coke doesn't work, I hope they go away soon!

3. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@lady baltimore: I can't eat too much without feeling super full either! It's kind of an awful feeling. It's the worst at night after dinner because I feel like I have a days worth of food that i'm struggling to digest. Congrats on the dog and yay for hearing the heartbeat and a good US!

@Yogini bee: Haha I've also been living in leggings. I can't wait to have less bloat and more bump so I can start dressing it up a little. Good luck at your appointments!

4. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

Had our NT scan this morning and all the measurements looked good! Just waiting on the bloodwork results now. We got to see the baby, finally looks like a baby! We saw him/her moving around and sucking their thumb! It was amazing!

Hope everyone is doing well!

5. Foodnerd81

@HappyBluebird: yay! It's kind of wild that it already looks like a baby!

And btw at your advice I got those little cans of coke for the next bad headache.

6. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Foodnerd81: Hopefully it works!

7. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

Congrats @happybluebird That's great news.

Had my 12 week scan today too and it was brilliant. All very surreal, but lovely to finally see what's in there! All looks good so far too. My EDD is now 13th December though - I thought it would end up moving as I was pretty sure I ovulated later than day 14.

@foodnerd81: Agree that it is crazy to see it looking so much like a little person already - little nose, legs etc.

@skipper2010: I've treated myself to some new leggings! Yay. Going to buy some more clothes online this weekend.

8. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

So, I'm the latest in the group with an EDD of Jan 1 (I know wrong group, but I want to stay here! This baby will be born around Dec 28th do to a repeat C-section) and I was able to hear the heartbeat on my home Doppler! I know there are mixed feelings about these, but I enjoy having it

9. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@skipper2010: Yes, it's definitely worst at night, like my slow digestion all day has caught up to me.

@HappyBluebird: He's a mutt - definitely some pit and boxer in there, and who knows what else? They said he was about two, so he's got a good mix of puppy energy and older dog mellowness.

At my NT scan (12 weeks, 4 days), the tech said I was measuring 6 days ahead. The NP said 3 days ahead based on my U/S at 9 weeks, 6 days. I don't think they move the due date unless you are measuring at least 7 days off, but I will be interested to see what my OB says when I go back at 16 weeks (that sounds so far along!).

10. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@lady baltimore: sounds like a great mix. Ours is a pit/hound mix. I adopted her at 6 months and she was all puppy.... Very bad! now she's 7 years old and is the best dog!

11. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@MamaBehr: that's exciting! We thought about getting a home doppler but haven't pulled the trigger yet!

12. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@MamaBehr: What doppler do you have?

13. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lovehoneybee: Sonoline B. I actually bought it used off of HelloBee! It was such a great purchase, gives me piece of mind.

@HappyBluebird: I really enjoy mine! I know not everyone likes them, because they can cause panic if you can't find the heartbeat, but I've never not been able to find it. It gives me piece of mind

14. lovehoneybee

@MamaBehr: Haha so I got an email this evening....my mother (who will be moving in with us in about a month) actually ordered me a Sonoline B! She is currently in TX and was only here for the very end of my pregnancy with E, and she said she wants to be able to hear the heart beat

15. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lovehoneybee: That's awesome!!! How far are you? I bet you'll be able to find a heartbeat right away.

16. lovehoneybee

@MamaBehr: 11wk on Thursday! I was at the OB's office this morning, though, and she told me I have a tilted uterus and that can make it harder to hear the heartbeat at this stage (but it will hopefully "turn" in the next week or two, so I imagine that'll then be a non-issue). She was able to find it, though

17. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

So I called my OB/GYN's office today because I've had some spotting that was a little different than the past, and obviously they just told me to take it easy (blah, what dumb advice. I know they can't stop a miscarriage, if that is what it is, but they could offer me peace of mind!) and if I needed to, go to the ER. WHAT?! Doesn't it seem like a waste of ER resources to go to the ER, if I can wait to be seen until the office is open? Is that strange, or just me?

ps, I think I just overdid it today. I ran for 20 minutes and walked for 30 more minutes, I haven't ran since well before I found out I was pregnant (though I use to run all the time).

18. lovehoneybee

@MamaBehr: Well...I went to the ER with light spotting last week (although I was also having terrible, terrible back pain on one side and feeling the urge to urinate constantly). I thought I might have a bladder or kidney infection, but with the spotting I just wanted to make sure everything was okay with bambino. (turned out it was a kidney stone).

19. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

How's everyone feeling?
    My MS is almost gone! Been really tired but I'll take that over throwing up!

20. Foodnerd81

@Berly: I'm also just really really tired, but I feel like the nausea might be behind me. Unfortunately by patience has not gotten any better. I've yelled at my toddler way more than she deserves. She learned to say "mommy so tired" this week- it's been that kind of week. But at least I'm not nauseous.

We have a family wedding tomorrow and I'm just dreading the whole thing. I feel like I'm going to have to fake enthusiasm for both the wedding and my pregnancy when really I want nothing more than a night of good sleep, sleep in for just one morning, and a day off.

At least my sister just watched the LO so I could get a mani pedi and I'm hiding downstairs in her house while they play upstairs now.

21. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Berly: glad the MS is on the way out! I'm feeling much better when it comes to the MS but I'm also so tired. I can hardly keep my eyes open one in home from work. DH works nights so I've been enjoying the quiet and going to bed way too early!

22. Foodnerd81

@HappyBluebird: there is no such thing as "way too early" for a pregnant mama to go to bed.

We get a burst of energy in the second trimester, right? I never noticed it last time by I'm going to need it now!!

23. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Foodnerd81: thanks, that makes me feel much better!

24. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@HappyBluebird: I've been in bed and normally asleep by 9:30 since about 5 weeks. I really wanted to go to bed at 8 last night but felt like I should hang out with DH for a bit!

@Foodnerd81: I'm waiting for that 2nd tri burst of energy! So far nothing.

25. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@berly @happybluebird @foodnerd81

So interesting to see your posts as I'm feeling exactly the same. 13 weeks today and this weekend I've started to feel almost human again. Nausea seems to have passed now but extremely tired.... Much more manageable

26. Kali

pea / 9 posts

Sorry I haven't been on this thread in a while. My nausea was pretty bad for the last few weeks and reading about other people's nausea/cravings made me feel more icky >.<. My doctor increased my dose of diclectin (Canadian version of diclegis) and it seems to be working much better now.

@MamaBehr My doctor had a hard time finding the baby's heart too with the doppler. She asked me if anyone ever told me that I had a tilted uterus before. I said no. I'm not sure if that means I have one or if she was just trying to figure out why she couldn't find it? She was almost going to give up and send me to get an ultrasound, but in the end she jabbed the thing right above my bladder and found the baby there.

27. lovehoneybee

@Kali: My OB told me I have a tilted uterus (she was surprised that I wasn't told during my last pregnancy), and that she wasn't sure she could find the heartbeat with the doppler at 11wk. She said it was obvious during a visual and physical exam, and that it should be turning in the next week or two and it should be easier to find it. I have a doppler but I haven't been able to find it at home yet.

28. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Kali: Glad the medicine seems to be helping! Here's hoping the nausea goes away all together soon!

29. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

How's everyone doing?

I'm 15+1 today. Was feeling more confident about everything, even all the kids at my school had found out, and everything was great. Typically then, just to keep me on my toes, I had my first (and I hope the last) scare this weekend. I had some spotting, mainly pink but some spots of red which terrified me. The good news is that it stopped quickly, and my midwife was great and got me in for a scan today. Everything is fine and I got to see him/her again which was lovely Turns out it may have been (and sorry if tmi) from a 'strenuous bowel movement' due to some constipation! So as embarrassing as this is, I thought I'd let you laides know in case it happens to you.... Apparently it's quite common.

So... my next scan is at 20 weeks where we can find out the sex. We're going to find out. Are you?

30. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Yogini bee: So sorry you had a scare but it's great that your midwife could get you in quickly and all is ok!

AFM, I'm 16w3d today and I'm feeling so much better but I'm still so tired! Almost every night between 2-2:45am I wake up and have the hardest time getting back to sleep. So that's not helping the situation very much!

We go back on July 9th for our anatomy scan and to find out the gender. I'm too impatient to wait until December!

Do you have any feelings about if baby is a boy or girl? I'm thinking girl, but I don't have any reason for thinking it!

31. lovehoneybee

@Yogini bee: I'm glad everything's okay!

We have a follow-up U/S to check on what may or may not be a resolved SCH on July 13th (16w4d) and I'm hoping they can tell us the sex then....I figure if the boutique places can tell at 16 weeks hopefully my fancy doctor's office U/S can! If not our anatomy scan will be on August 10th (fun coincidence, that was E's EDD!). I was okay being Team Green with E, but we're both really, really anxious to know this time. We both think it's another boy, and D wants to wear/carry around a "It's a...." balloon at work that day

ETA: 13w4d, calling second trimester now

32. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: so funny-my anatomy scan is scheduled for C's due date! What are the odds?

14 weeks 4 days here. Also feeling a lot better but still so tired. Like, I keep wondering when in my life I won't just be tired all the time. When this kid is in school? College? It sure isn't going to get better once I'm not pregnant and instead have a newborn!! But in otherwise feeling good and we even went for a bike ride with C in her new bike trailer (midwife okayed it as long as I was in a bike path not city streets).

We did not find out the sex with C, but I can't wait to find out now! The scan is July 30 so I've got some time to wait. I don't really have a feeling either way at this point. With C I was 100% sure she was a boy

@Yogini bee: glad your scare turned out to be no big deal after all- and thanks for the tmi heads up!!

33. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

16 + 2 or 3 today, and still so tired! I don't remember being this tired this late in the game in previous pregnancies.

Anatomy scan is in 3 weeks, but I have another transvaginal us tomorrow (every 2 weeks). MFM doctor already knows what baby is because of genetic testing, but we aren't finding out. It's hard knowing that someone else knows, but we are going to try and hold out this time!

34. lovehoneybee

@Foodnerd81: Really??? That's so neat!!!

35. Foodnerd81

@LulaBee: it would drive me crazy knowing other people know and I didn't. Last time I don't think they ever had anything written in my chart and no genetic testing, but the midwife asked me if we had thought about circumcision if it was a boy and I was like, ok, yeah she knows it's a boy. (Wrong).

I feel a little bad about not being team green this time, like I'm short changing this baby. But DH also needs time to deal with it if this one is another girl.

36. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

Great to hear so many of you are doing well.... It's great that we're in the second trimester now

@Lulabee: That's impressive that you're waiting... Especially if someone else knows. Itll be so amazing when you give birth though. I wish I were a little more patient sometimes.

@lovehoneybee, happybluebird:@foodnerd81: I think we're having a girl, but will have to wait until late july now I tried to find out today but it was still a bit too early!

37. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@Yogini bee: Sorry you had a little scare, but SO glad everything is ok! We're TG this time around, but it's exciting living vicariously through all you that are finding out!

@lovehoneybee: That is so cute that your DH wants to carry a balloon around work! That would be awesome if they could tell you at your 16 week ultrasound. Can't wait for you to find out!

@Foodnerd81: Don't feel bad about not being TG! Each team is special in its own way. I'm the opposite of you. We find out last time, but are TG this time around. I'm excited to experience both ways!

I did an impromptu FB announcement last night. Everyone close to me knows, so I figured hey why not. I wanted to wait until after the Anatomy Scan, but we're not finding out the gender and at that point I figured the whole world will know anyway. Has anyone else gone public yet?

38. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and still not feeling great I also got a wicked case of food poisoning last night, so happy Father's Day to me!! Alternatively, we got genetic testing done due to my miscarriage being due to chromosomal abnormalities, and we're happy to know that everything appears normal! Our nt scan came back normal as well, whew.

We also found out we'll be having another girl we have already gotten questions about when we will have a boy, and I just said we had our boy, we lost him, and we'll meet him in heaven one day. That shuts people up pretty quick! I am just hoping and praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby, and am perfectly happy with two girls! Her gender will be confirmed at the anatomy scan, scheduled for 8/3. I hope it's right because I'm pretty excited for her to wear all of big sister's clothes (they'll be born in the same season)!

So good to hear everyone is doing well!

39. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@Yogini bee: Glad everything turned out okay despite your scare!

I am 16 weeks, 2 days. I have my sixteen week appointment tomorrow - first time seeing this OB since he did my HSG back in March. At my NT scan, the tech said that I was measuring 6 days ahead (babies run big in my family), so I'm interested to see if he'll want to adjust my EDD. I don't think they do that until I am measuring 7 days off.

Other than some pretty wretched headaches, I am feeling much better. I am much less exhausted, too, but I don't know whether that's due to second trimester, summer break, or a combination of the two.

40. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@yerpie110: Congrats on the girl!

I'm feeling great and am very thankful that I've felt fine the whole time thus far. I am really good at identifying smells! I so so want to know but we are going to be TG anyways since it was fun with the first two. I cannot wait to feel movement. I find immensely reassuring.

Oh and I'm 14weeks 5days

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee