Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@Berly: I feel the same. Mine won't be until 12 weeks, possibly 13. I feel pregnant because of the symptoms I'm experiencing but it won't feel completely real until I see that ultrasound screen. I think there will always be a part of you that worries until then. The good news is, it's much closer now and really not long to go at all

@yerpie110: Welcome and congrats on seeing the heartbeat

2. Elizachase

pea / 6 posts

@berly I feel the same. My best friend is more excited than I am at this point because I am still not feeling that it's fully "real" (despite all the symptoms and multiple positive tests!).

I have my first appointment on Thursday and I have heard from friends who use this practice that they do an ultrasound at the first appointment so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I don't really want to tell our families until we see or hear something!

3. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@yerpie110: @cheesetomywhine: Welcome ladies!

I am another one who hasn't heard the heartbeat or had an US yet and it doesn't feel real. I have plenty of symptoms but need to confirmation. Today I have an appt with a new OB and according to their website they do a "dating ultrasound" but when I called to confirm the appt and asked the front desk she said "it all depends on the nurse and your history" so we'll see, I would LOVE to see the little bean today.

As for morning sickness it has been SO much better the past 3 days, knock on wood. No throwing up and I even went all day yesterday w/o medicine. It is still much worse at night than in the morning but that is actually better as I have to face HS students at 7am!

Happy to be getting closer to the second trimester! We told DH's side of the family but I am a little irritated because I wanted just to tell his parents/grandma but apparently that request went out the window and all the aunts/uncles/cousins know. It isn't THAT big of a deal but it just makes me more fearful that something is wrong and all of those people will have to know

GL to all the ladies with upcoming appts!

4. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

@lovehoneybee: @Yogini bee: @Mrs. Taco: Thanks ladies!!

@Foodnerd81: Thanks! It's such a devastating time...I'll be thinking of your friend and praying she gets her rainbow baby soon, too!

Hope time flies until all of your apts! I wish I didn't have to see my ob so often as the apts cause me so much anxiety, but am certainly grateful that she is willing to indulge me until second trimester.

5. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@Mrs. Taco: I actually feel less secretive about it this time. I guess because I'm already showing, I'm like, meh, if people guess and think I'm pregnant, not just fat, that's fine too. I started telling our families this weekend. We have a family wedding at 12 weeks and I think there will be no hiding it then. Ah well.

6. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@yerpie110: I totally agree with the anxiety around the appointments! With my first, I was anxious until 25 weeks! And it has t gotten easier! I have an appointment today, due to some spotting, and sitting in the waiting room will be torturous. I just hope my little cub is doing well in there!
    @Mrs. Taco: I always get irritated when people over share my news! That really sucks. I hope you get to see your baby today! Keep us heated
    @Elizachase: I hope you get an ultrasound! that is when it feels real for me!

7. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@Foodnerd81: @lovehoneybee: @Yogini bee: @Elizachase: @Mrs. Taco: I'm glad I'm not the only one who it doesn't feel real for yet! Guess I'm not too crazy.
    I definitely feel pregnant. Feeling sick, throwing up, crazy bloat. It's just the confirmation that's needed.
    When I told my best friend about not being too excited yet she said, "Well didn't you take a pregnancy test?" Yesss, but that doesn't mean there's something in there!
    Guess we need to keep being positive and wait for those appointments!

8. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

Sorry I haven't posted in a while I've been super busy! The only good thing about being pregnant with a toddler is that the pregnancy is flying by!! 11 weeks today! Hope everyone is doing well. Is the FB group more active? I still need to join.

9. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@yerpie110: welcome and congrats! I also have had to go into the OB often and my blood pressure and anxiety is always crazy. Thankful for the extra US and monitoring but I wish it was a little less stressful!

10. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

So I'm not technically a December mom anymore, they moved my due date to January 1st, but since I'm a C-section this baby will be out in December (my husband is already freaking out that the baby better be out before the end of the fiscal year...) But, I did get to see the baby and see the heartbeat!!!

11. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@MamaBehr: Yay for seeing the baby! I think you still count as a Dec. mum. DS was due the beginning of May last year and came on April 20th so not a big deal!

12. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@MamaBehr: So glad you got to see the baby and the heartbeat! And I agree that you are definitely still a December mama!

13. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

We had our US and appointment this morning. We saw the baby and the heartbeat. We also heard the heartbeat which was amazing! Baby is measuring exactly on track for our dates. Due date is officially December 4th.

Unfortunately there was a mix up at the Drs office and we didn't have the US on the better machine but hopefully for our NT scan we will get better pictures.

14. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@HappyBluebird: So cute! Glad everything is going

Am I still able to join the FB page?

15. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@cheesetomywhine: @skipper2010: If you wall me your names and cities (so I can find you on FB) I think I can friend you and then add you to the FB group. If not, I'll pass the info along to maybebaby (who started the group).

16. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@lovehoneybee: Ok I shall do it now then delete in a couple minutes. Thank you!

17. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@lovehoneybee: I'll wall you now. Let me know when you get it because I'll be deleting shortly. Thanks.

18. Elizachase

pea / 6 posts

@happybluebird congrats! Glad everything is going smoothly!

I had my first doctors appointment today and they did an US so it feels more real now! Was really cool to see the heart beat on the screen. My due date was pushed back to the 25th as well - Christmas baby!

@lovehoneybee I will wall you my information as well, I would like to join the fb group.

19. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@cheesetomywhine: @Elizachase: thanks ladies!

@Elizachase: so glad you got to see the heartbeat!

20. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

It happened for the first time this pregnancy.... fell asleep on the couch, randomly. It was the very end of nap, and I woke up and it was 15 minutes past the end of nap. Luckily my daughter let me sleep a little, the baby was content in the crib, and DS#1 is still asleep himself.

21. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@MamaBehr: Haha! Been there! I can no longer sit on the couch and watch tv if it's past 8:30 because I just can't stay awake! When do we get our energy back again??

22. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@skipper2010: I'd love to know the answer to this too! After work, I feel like I have no energy to do anything! I'm not sure how you second and third time mamas take care of toddlers too! I'm super impressed.

23. Foodnerd81

@MamaBehr: @skipper2010: I've been falling asleep on the couch every night this week. And I get most tired right as c wakes up from her nap so I lay on the couch while she watches Daniel tiger, every afternoon.

24. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@HappyBluebird: Early bedtimes and too much screen time! Haha

25. tjbishop

apple seed / 3 posts

Hi Ladies. I'm pretty new to HelloBee. Love reading all the posts.

EDD: December 22

How far along: 9 weeks, 1 day

First child? YES!

First doctor appointment: Was May 12 (8 weeks), saw the baby and heartbeat. Next appt. is June 9 (12 weeks) and should be able to hear heartbeat. Doctor said everything looks great.

Any symptoms so far? very tired, nauseous some, sore breasts. Nothing too horrible that I haven't been able to handle.

Who have you told? Haven't told anyone yet. Will see my parents this weekend and one set of in-laws (yes I'm so blessed with two sets of in-laws, haha). Hesitant about telling them this early but not sure when I will see them next. I would rather tell them in person then on the phone.

26. lovehoneybee

@tjbishop: Congrats and welcome! I'm jealous you've gotten an US already! (I had one at 8 wks with my son, but I'm looking at June 2nd at the earliest this time--SIGH)

December Mamas

December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3), Mrs Hedgehog (#2)
    December 7th: myboxerstella (#1)
    December 8th: Running Elley (#3), sotofamilia (#2)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), mrstiz (#2)
    December 11th: Yogina Bee (#1)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1). yerpie110 (#2)
    December 16th: cheesetomywhine (#3)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2), Kali (#1), Elizachase (#1), tjbishop (#1)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)
    December 29th: MamaBehr (#4)

27. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@tjbishop: Welcome and congrats! Yay for seeing baby & the heartbeat! Hopefully your two sets of in-laws aren't too bad!

28. Foodnerd81

@tjbishop: hello and welcome!

So what is everyone wearing these days? My warm weather maternity clothes are huge on me- I wore them last time when I was 9 months pregnant, plus I was 20 lbs heavier when I got pregnant with C than this time. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they are so big but it's annoying! but my regular clothes are too tight in the middle. This stage is just annoying by I don't really want to buy anything new.

Today it's jeans with the button rubber banded. I did splurge on a new loose tank from Old Navy for $7. Woohoo.

29. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Foodnerd81: I've been super bloated for awhile. The rubber band trick worked for awhile but now I'm living in dresses and skirts. I also bought some bigger flowy Old Navy tops last week to hide the bloat a little better when I wear jeans.

30. Foodnerd81

@HappyBluebird: dresses and skirts are tough these days, since I'm at the playground every day and we walk so much- I don't have good footwear to go with skirts that I can walk for miles in. Just ordered a couple of pairs of shoes that hopefully will help.

31. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Foodnerd81: I can imagine that dresses and skirts at the playground probably aren't ideal

Eta: I saw some linen material shorts at ON that I wondered if they'd be more forgiving than jeans. I might pick up a pair and see

32. lovehoneybee

I hate the rubber band thing...I don't know why, it just irritates me. I'm still in my pants most of the time (9wk tomorrow), but probably not for much longer. I have been wearing some maternity jeans occasionally, and a lot of maternity shirts.

33. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

Ugh I also hate the rubber band thing. I've been wearing dresses and skirts because pre-preg of those fit fine (my jeans fit too- just not buttoned ). My mom gave me a gift card for mother's day to use on some new maternity basics because my old maternity clothes went through back to back pregnancies and I was 10-20 pounds heavier with each of them. Sooo I just got the package in yesterday and I'm in maternity shorts today. It. Is. HEAVEN.

34. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

How's everyone doing? Have any fun plans this past weekend?

I feel like I'm finally starting to feel better on the nausea situation. I still feel sick for about 30 minutes each day but that's much better than all day like it had been. We have our NT scan on Thursday so I'm counting down the days.

Hope everyone is doing well!

35. lovehoneybee

@HappyBluebird: We spent most of the weekend unpacking, and yesterday put together our new bedframe (our new mattress is being delivered today, hallelujah!) and went to a picnic.

(I lie, I napped for like 3 hours on Sunday, and it was divine!)

I'm actually feeling okay...I have the potential to be queasy pretty much 24/7, but I can stave it off but eating frequent, small snacks. Last time the thought of pretty much any food made me want to run to the bathroom, but I ate a hamburger last night, which wouldn't have even been anything I considered. I have also suddenly developed a major sweet tooth, which is really unlike me (formerly a "give me popcorn or potato chips any day" kind of gal...) Mostly I'm just really, really tired, and occasionally have bad, stabbing headaches.

I think we're pretty settled on a boy and a girl name, which is really strange for us, since last time we went in (team green) with like 5 girl names and three middle names for Evan. It's still really early, though, so we're reserving the right to change our minds

36. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@lovehoneybee: new mattresses are the best! I'm also loving naps! We haven't brought up names yet because I'm sure we will have a hard time. We're good on a boy since DH wants to have a Jr but I'm pretty sure girls names will be hard

37. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@happybluebird: I'm definitely feeling better than I did a few weeks ago and no longer feel constant naseau, but the fog hasn't lifted just yet! I tend to feel sick in the evenings now, and just kind of run down and tired throughout the day. I had a bad cold last week which was not fun at all! I'll be twelve weeks tomorrow and desperate to feel this second trimester burst of energy you hear about

That's great that your scan is tomorrow My 12 week scan (which is my first scan) is this Friday. It's exciting but also pretty nerve wracking. It feels like such a long time since we found out! Once I've seen the baby is OK, I think I'll feel much better and will start thinking about names etc. I may even buy some maternity clothes. I can't keep wearing the same pair of leggings!

Hope everyone is doing OK x

38. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

Big pregnancy week over here! We saw most of my family at an event this weekend for the first time since we "went public" with the news, so we got the "congratulations"es and "how are you feeling?"s out of the way. I also started to tell people at work today, which is a big relief. Heard the heartbeat at my twelve week appointment yesterday, and saw the wee creature kicking around for a good while at my NT scan today. Seems like I'm about to enter a bit of a quiet period, with nothing to do until my next appointment at the end of June.

Oh, and we adopted a dog last week.

Glad to hear that many people are starting to feel a bit better. My nausea has mostly subsided, though I cannot each much at one time without feeling instantly overfull. It's started to get hot and humid here, so I am focusing extra hard on staying hydrated.

39. Foodnerd81

Nice to see some updates! We've started telling more people too, though waiting until after the ultrasound to really make it public. The nausea and exhaustion are getting better but still there for sure. Is annoying having to eat all the time and nothing sounding good. But it's improving so I'll focus on that!

I've started getting terrible tension headaches though- so bad one woke me up at 4:30 this morning. I've tried Tylenol here and there but it doesn't do much. I had bad headaches last time and went for acupuncture, which was amazing, but would be way more difficult to do now while staying home with a toddler. I have to do something though, it's getting pretty bad.

And I just found out one of my best friends, who has been trying for a while, is pregnant and die about 6 weeks after me! So hooray for that! Our toddlers are one month apart too.

40. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Yogini bee: glad your starting to feel a little better! Yay for your scan on Friday! I've been in super flowy dresses and skirts and its so much better than jeans!

@lady baltimore: that's great your appointment went well and yay for adopting a dog! What kind of dog?

@Foodnerd81: I know tension headaches aren't the exact same as migraines. But when I've gotten migraines I've taken a tylenol and drank some regular coke. It really helped! I'm not much of a soda drinker but I got some cans just to have for migraines

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee