Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. Elizachase

pea / 6 posts

@Foodnerd81: The insomnia is the worst - I am so exhausted and just lie there unable to fall asleep. I learned it was a symptom during my middle of the night Googling!

2. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@Elizachase: H! Congrats and welcome!!

December Mamas

December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3), Mrs Hedgehog (#2)
    December 7th: myboxerstella (#1)
    December 8th: Running Elley (#3)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), sotofamilia (#2), mrstiz (#2)
    December 11th: Yogina Bee (#1)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1)
    December 16th: aprilfool (#2)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2), Kali (#1), Elizachase (#1)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)
    December 29th: MamaBehr (#4)

3. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@Elizachase: Welcome! We may have to have a Maryland mama get together down the line.

@Foodnerd81: I'm having a rough time falling asleep at bedtime, too! At first, I blamed it on my afternoon cat naps, but then I realized it was also happening on days when I didn't get a nap. So frustrating to be so tired at 4pm and wide awake at 11!

4. lovehoneybee

@Foodnerd81: I've been having trouble falling asleep...not so much insomnia as things like "wow, my boobs REALLY hurt now that I'm lying down" and "why is my belly itching all of a sudden?" But I also can't STAY asleep...I'm up to pee at least once a night, sometimes twice, and that's just on the nights that E stays asleep. Not fair!

5. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

Thanks for all the welcome and congrats messages. Wanted to write something sooner, but my phone kept doing this weird thing of writing two words at a time! Seems to be fixed now

Really excited to see all these names. I never thought to skip December (.... but I was trying really hard to get pregnant!). Think it'll be lovely to have a baby at Christmas time. And by the summer they'll be at a really nice age to get out and about.

@Mrs. Taco - you're a teacher too?! What do you teach? I'm finding it really tough with the non stop nausea. I even had to have yesterday off work. Felt incredibly guilty as colleagues have to cover and pupils have exams coming up.

@aprilfool, @lovehoneybee, @foodnerd81, @Elizachase - No headaches or insomnia for me yet. Perhaps that'll be next

6. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Yogini bee: I am! HS English. I'm also finding it reallyyyyy tough with the nausea. I picked up some hard candy today to help keep it at bay but there is a lot of deep breathing and praying I don't throw up.

Speaking of high school students, I swear they are way too alert with the most random things. I'm pretty sure a student tried to out me today....I was wearing a big cardigan and had my arms wrapped around my stomach because I was freezing/not feeling good and she said when she walked in "Mrs. Taco, it looks like you're hiding something in there". Then, later in the period when I commented on an overwhelming onion smell (culinary students!) the same student said "Mrs. Taco, is that smell making you nauseous?"

Seriously. I am NOT showing. I mean I look and feel like crap but come on. She also made it a point today to tell me that her sister is a nurse in labor and delivery

7. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@Mrs. Taco: I teach Maths at a secondary school (ages 11-18).

That's so strange - the exact same has happened to me! I teach a girl in year 10 who has definitely sussed me out... 'Do you just feel ill in the morning Miss?' etc etc when I said I wasn't feeling great the other week. I keep sneaking bites of crackers too and she seems to spot it every time. It's quite sweet really as she's now being extra nice and helpful

My drawer is full of crackers, nuts, sweets, ginger biscuits. I've given up trying to eat between lessons. It's sneak a bit of food or be sick. I sound so professional right!?

Isn't it weird how some people just know. I thought my mum would know straight away too, but she didn't. Anyone else been rumbled already?

8. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@Mrs. Taco: @Yogini bee: That's so funny! I work in middle school special ed, and the students are clueless. One of my coworkers had a baby about a week and a half ago, and her sixth graders didn't figure it out until she was well into her third trimester!

9. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@Lady Baltimore: That's so funny! That's never going to happen at mine... They're going to notice any bump straight away. And you'd better believe they won't be too shy to ask

10. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Yogini bee: @Mrs. Taco: When I was pregnant with my first I was teaching 10th graders, and they totally called me out for being pregnant before I was ready to announce!!! I hear your pain!

My 5 year old is starting to pick up on my pregnancy, she asked my husband "Why is mommy so sad?" because I'm so tried and nauseous, so not my normal peppy self! She can't know until we are ready to tell the whole world, because she will blab!

11. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

Had my first prenatal today at 9 weeks with the NP. I don't think she was going to try and listen for the heartbeat by doppler until I asked her. She said "I'm not promising anything, but your little so we might be able to pick it up". We didn't hear anything though so I'm a little bummed. Realistically I know it's probably just too early, but of course I'm a tad bit nervous now. Go back in two weeks to try again.

12. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

My first appointment is tomorrow! It feels ridiculous to be this excited when she's probably just going to weigh me and ask if we have any questions.

13. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@lady baltimore: So exciting!! Good luck

@skipper2010: Super early! They won't even try here until 14 weeks.

@MamaBehr: My 2 year old is touching my belly and wanting to sit on it all the time.

The universe is playing some kind of sick joke on me! I am craving chocolate and yet it makes me feel soooooo sick. Not fair!

14. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@skipper2010: it's definitely early, hope the next two weeks go quickly. We have another appointment in 2 weeks as well!

@lady baltimore: good luck at your appointment!

15. lovehoneybee

@AprilFool: Ha. E just wants to elbow jab my stomach! We haven't explicitly *told* him yet, but last night, after being elbowed for the 15th time I told him he needed to be careful because he was going to hurt the baby...I don't think he understood, though

16. sotofamilia

kiwi / 612 posts

I had my first appointment yesterday and everything is measuring great - I even got to hear the heartbeat, which was super reassuring. My due date is officially December 8.

17. lovehoneybee

@sotofamilia: Yay for hearing a heartbeat! I'm so jealous, lol!

Sorry the list is getting posted a lot...I want to make sure it's up to date without having to keep scrolling back to see the any changes

December Mamas

December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3), Mrs Hedgehog (#2)
    December 7th: myboxerstella (#1)
    December 8th: Running Elley (#3), sotofamilia (#2)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), mrstiz (#2)
    December 11th: Yogina Bee (#1)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1)
    December 16th: aprilfool (#2)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2), Kali (#1), Elizachase (#1)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)
    December 29th: MamaBehr (#4)

18. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@sotofamilia: ooh yay for hearing the heartbeat! How many weeks are you? And are you kind of small? I've heard smaller women can often hear it earlier.

@AprilFool: yeah c loves sitting on my stomach or leaning in me with her elbows. Just counting on my layer of pooch to protect the baby.

19. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@sotofamilia: yay for a great appointment and hearing the heartbeat!

20. sotofamilia

kiwi / 612 posts

Thanks ladies, it was a huge relief! I got kind of choked up, but that's not surprising since I cry at everything these days lol.

@Foodnerd81: I'm exactly 8 weeks. Ha! Definitely not small. It was a transvaginal sonogram if that makes a difference? She had no issue finding the baby and the hearbeat. My first question was, it's just one, right? Lol!

21. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@Skipper2010: As others have already said, I've also heard it's really hard/unlikely to detect with a doppler so early, so try not to worry.

@Sotofamilia: Congrats on a great ultrasound! I won't get mine until 12 weeks here... Seems a long way away yet.

@Lady Baltimore: Hope yours has gone well too

@Mamabehr: So many teachers on here! Funny to hear it was those pesky year 10s as well!

22. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@skipper2010: I didn't hear a heartbeat on the doppler until closer to 12 weeks! It's still early.

@MamaBehr: @Yogini bee: Yup, that was totally a 10th grader that tried to call me out. Something about being 16 I guess?

@sotofamilia: SO exciting!

@lady baltimore: Hope your appt went/goes well!

23. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@lovehoneybee: Eek report back how E responds when you actually do tell him! Elliot basically thinks that the baby is a demon. We told him about it and he was excited and the next day I was sick so I explained to him how sometimes when mommies have babies in their tummies it takes a lot of energy for them to grow so mommies feel sick, etc. Now anything that goes wrong he asks if it's the baby! I have a rash on my foot and he said "Ahhh mommy, what happened??!! Did the baby do it?" LOL.

@sotofamilia: Yay for hearing a heartbeat!!!

Does anyone have a home doppler? I have one that I used in previous pregnancies but I'm pretty sure I didn't buy it until I was like 13 weeks with Elliot and I don't know when I tried it for the first time with Emmy. If you have one how early could you find the HB yourself? I've been dying to try it!

24. lovehoneybee

@Running Elley: That's so cute! I think we'll wait at least until we have an ultrasound, just to be sure. Which isn't until June

25. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

My appointment went well, I guess. The CRNP tried to hear the HB with the doppler, though she made me promise not to get upset if we didn't hear anything, and we didn't. @skipper2010: She said she normally doesn't even try until 12 weeks.

I have a dating U/S scheduled for next Friday, though! She also ordered a scan of my thyroid for the same time, because it felt a little enlarged to her.

I was left feeling a little down, however, because when we were chatting in her office afterward, I felt like the answer to every question I asked was "no." Can I drink this? No. Can I do that? No. I know that they have to error on the side of caution, but I'm also not going to live my pregnancy in a bubble. I kind of wish I just hadn't asked.

And right after I left the appointment, I went to the grocery store and carried around a >20lb basket for 15 minutes before I realized it.

26. Foodnerd81

@lady baltimore: that sounds kind of ridiculous. Most things I asked about last time they mostly said, use your head. If it seems unsafe, don't. If you've been routinely lifting 20 lbs, you're fine. I mean my toddler is 25 lbs. when I asked about tea my midwife basically said packaged stuff is better than loose fancy stuff, but you'd have to drink gallons of it to have anything to worry about.

So you know what's annoying? I go grocery shopping, pick out good I think will sit well or sounds good. Then I get home and just the thought of whatever I got turns my stomach. Ugh. But looking back I think my nausea isn't as bad as it was at this point when I was pregnant with C. Like, I can eat salad or vegetables with lots of creamy dressing- last time I didn't touch a vegetable for months. So, yay?

27. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@lady baltimore: Sorry your appt was a little disappointing. I wasn't particularly good at following the pregnancy rules the first time. I just tried to minimise risk rather than avoid things.

@sotofamilia: Yay for a good scan!! Must of been nice to see the bean

@Foodnerd81: I change my mind about food every three minutes! I see something and want it desperately until I see the next thing. I have less aversions this time, I couldn't even smell a vegetable at this point last time. Also, now I really want a salad with creamy dressing

28. lovehoneybee

@lady baltimore: @Foodnerd81: Heh E weighs like 40#!

29. Foodnerd81

@AprilFool: yeah I can eat almost anything with Caesar dressing and croutons. So that's a win in my book.

30. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Foodnerd81: I just got home from the supermarket where I bought stuff to make Caesar salad! It's not even 11am and I am thinking about having lunch I want it so bad. Haha

31. Foodnerd81

@AprilFool: eat it now- who knows if you will want it in an hour. Seriously.

32. lovehoneybee

Haha I'm planning on making Mac and cheese with spinach tomorrow, I think now I want to stop and get stuff to make Caesar salad to go with it

33. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Foodnerd81: So true!! I just made H a grilled cheese and want that now so I am going to make my salad.

34. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@lovehoneybee: You should because it was delicious! I think I might have to make mac and cheese on the weekend.

35. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Running Elley: I have one (lent it to s friend) and I think I got something Round ten weeks last time. But, it could have been the umbilical cord versus the baby's heart beat, but I figured if the umbilical cord was beating so was the heart! I remember having to push pretty hard and it was low, like at my pubic bone.
    @Foodnerd81: I have the opposite problem. I don't want to buy anything because it all sounds terrible. I've even let my older two kids have "snack lunch" because we have nothing in th those and I can't bring myself to make anything!!
    @lady baltimore: what kind of things did she tell you not to eat/do? It's so interesting to my how different doctors can be!

36. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@lovehoneybee: That mac n cheese looked SO good on IG!

So my doctor called in a prescription for me to treat the "morning" sickness. She called in Reglan rather than Zofran which I found strange...I looked up the side effects and they aren't too hot. Well, I took a pill yesterday afternoon and felt off but right now, after taking my morning pill I feel horrible. I am out of breath, dizzy, and SO drowsy. I'm not nauseous or vomiting so thats good but I can't function at work like this

Anyone else ever take Reglan (Metoclopramide)?

37. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

I just noticed how the vast majority of us are having our second! How did that happen? Lol. With DD I was in a month were it was all our first! Next time I get pregnant I guess I will have to find a month with all #3's. So excited for everyone! Esp, the FTM's here!

38. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

Every pregnancy is different, I know that. With K I didn't start all these symptoms until closer to 12 weeks. This time? They are the reason I tested to begin with because I swear they showed up the second the sperm hit the egg!

39. Foodnerd81

@Mrs Hedgehog: same- first pregnancy we were almost all FTM. Maybe more people try to avoid December for their first? I have a LOT of friends with babies C's age who are pregnant with their second- like in our playgroup more than half the moms are pregnant and at least three others are trying. It's nuts but I hope it will make it easier to keep up our play dates even after the new babies are born.

I actually have less severe symptoms that last time. I am NOT complaining, and I definitely don't feel great, but it's not as bad. Just the insomnia is worse.

40. Elizachase

pea / 6 posts

I just ordered a chicken Caesar salad because of everyone mentioning them in this thread! For some reason the only meat I can handle right now with the nausea is chicken so I've been eating tons of it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee