Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: Welcome to the group! Congrats!

2. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

Thanks! I was hoping not to be here but only because that means being pregnant for longer! Lol. Oh well! At least we get to share our holiday babies!

3. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: technically C is July 2013, but very end of the month. I'm hoping this will be a good age gap!

4. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: Congrats and welcome! That is quite a change. Do they think you ovulated late?

5. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@maybebaby: yeah. I was Nov 29 but they said it looks like I ovulated a week later than expected (which would explain why we were caught off guard with this pregnancy). They could also tell I ovulated from the right?!

6. Foodnerd81

@Mrs Hedgehog: how can they tell that??

7. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@Foodnerd81: no clue! And I didn't think to ask. Maybe where implantation occurred? Size of the overt? I know they said my right was slightly smaller.

8. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: wow that's crazy!! very exciting either way. I am PRAYING I am not as late with this pregnancy as with my last (9 days but in the heat of June). I must day I kind of like being due the early end of the month (10) instead of end of the month (last time - 24). I was "supposed" to have a May baby but had a June baby which messed with me head. I can guarantee I will have a December baby (unless they come early!)

9. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

December Mamas
    December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3), Mrs Hedgehog (#2)
    December 7th: myboxerstella (#1)
    December 8th: Running Elley (#3)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), sotofamilia (#2), mrstiz (#2)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1)
    December 16th: aprilfool (#2)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2), Kali (#1)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)
    December 26th: pirouette (#2)
    December 29th: MamaBehr (#4)

10. lovehoneybee

@Mrs Hedgehog: Comgrats and welcome!

11. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: they told me when I saw OB on Wednesday that I ovulated from the right. Never heard that in any of my pregnancies before! Weird.

12. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

Mamas who are on baby 2+ - anyone showing yet? I am SO bloated and already in maternity jeans for comfort. I feel ridiculous!

13. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@maybebaby: yes!!! 8 weeks in and I feel 20 weeks! Work looked at me like I was crazy when I switched from my uniform to civilian clothes last week.

14. Foodnerd81

@maybebaby: I agree about being due earlier in the month. Last time I was due July 30 so I figured baby would probably be born in August- but she came a day early anyway. This time I'm hoping it is a week or so early just to keep the baby and Christmas a little separate. But, the later it comes the more likely my mom, who is a teacher, could come take care of C, since I'm currently at a loss of what we will do with her while I'm in the hospital. Dh offered to stay home and call an uber for me to get to the hospital- thanks but no thanks.

15. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@LulaBee: they didn't tell me that when I was pregnant with DD either.

16. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Foodnerd81: haha! Yeah, no...luckily we have a lot of local friends with kids who would take jack for a sleepover in a pinch. I don't even want to consider these logisitics yet.

17. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

Hi everyone Have finally plucked up the courage to join! Lovely to see such a great community forming.

EDD: 11th December

How far along? 7 weeks

First child? Yes

First doctors appt: 'Booking in' appointment scheduled with midwife on 14th May. Haven't got a date yet but your first scan here in the UK is usually around 12 weeks.

Any symptoms? Urgh, feeling pretty rubbish! Have been tired and had sore breasts from 4 weeks. Naseau hit me at 5 weeks. I work as a teacher and have been finding it really tough for the last two weeks.

Who have you told? Immediate family, best friends and close work colleagues.

18. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@HappyBluebird: Yay for a good ultrasound! Hopefully the MS will ease up soon!

@Mrs Hedgehog: Welcome and congrats!!!!!

@maybebaby: I definitely feel bloated. No maternity gear yet but it'll be a lot sooner this time around!

As for due dates, I am REALLY hoping that this one does not come early for work purposes. If I make it until Christmas Break without starting my FMLA then I'll get paid for the break (2 weeks of pay is quite a bit!). In the end, we'd figure it out of course. On the other end, I don't want to get too close to Christmas so yeah, my due date would be a nice delivery date!

19. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

Had my first appointment today! Talked with a nurse and the doctor did an exam. They didn't listen to the heartbeat or do an US which was disappointing but we should have an US around 11 weeks. Looking forward to that!

My MS has gotten a little better and a little worse. I'm now throwing up if I get too hungry. That makes being in long sessions with clients a little difficult.

We're telling DH's family tonight!

20. Foodnerd81

I'm definitely not showing yet, but I get very bloated in the evening- like I had to loosen my belt a notch at dinner two days before I even found out I was pregnant (perhaps that should have been a clue). I wear yoga pants so much anyway, and rarely wear anything really fitted, so I should be ok without mat clothes for a while. However- I was remembering some of my maternity clothes that I really liked and am kind of excited to wear them again!

Hopefully this isn't going into tmi territory, but... My boobs aren't super sore yet- which they were last time- but I already am seeing white dots on my nipples (which I now know are the milk ducts). I wonder if this is happening so quickly since I weaned so recently (as in one week after conception was her last nursing session). It's a little bizarre.

@maybebaby: of my closest friends in my neighborhood, one is pregnant and die a month before me, so I don't expect she will be up for another kid to watch, and the other has been trying to get pregnant for six months already- hopefully it happens soon, in which case she will be super pregnant. But they probably could take c overnight at least. My Bil is nearby but he works, of course. Trying not to think about it too much right now.

21. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Yogini bee: Welcome and congrats!! Here hoping your MS gets better soon!!

@Berly: I think I've found that if I let my stomach get too empty then MS is a lot worse! So I've been snacking every few hours and that seems to be helping. But I'm sure that can be hard if you are in meetings!

22. lovehoneybee

@Yogini bee: Welcome and congrats!

December Mamas

December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3), Mrs Hedgehog (#2)
    December 7th: myboxerstella (#1)
    December 8th: Running Elley (#3)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), sotofamilia (#2), mrstiz (#2)
    December 11th: Yogina Bee (#1)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1)
    December 16th: aprilfool (#2)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2), Kali (#1)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)
    December 26th: pirouette (#2)
    December 29th: MamaBehr (#4)

My boobs are usually sore at night, and are all veiny. No real MS yet, just a weird juxtaposition of lack of appetite and hunger (like my stomach is growling but food is just bleh). Well, I did nearly throw up this morning, but E had a bad blowout in his diaper this morning...poop from his back to his belly button, and I was trying to wipe it all off and gagging the whole time.

23. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@shortiecake: i was SO mad!!! my first LO was the first grandkid, and there's something just so special about the first! everyone was just over the moon! do you have any idea how you'll share the news yet?

@Mrs Hedgehog: welcome!

@Yogini bee: congrats and welcome!

@Mrs. Taco: wow 2 weeks of pay would be awesome! since i've already had a december baby, i'm already aware i'm going to be screwed on this. I can't use any vacation once January hits because I won't have worked at all in 2016 (so don't accrue any days). I can use whatever days i have left to be paid for 2015, but since i'm due late December, it'll be basically nothing. So i'm just focusing on the positive that is the deductible being paid in one year

@Berly: so exciting that you're telling DH's family! any special plans or just blurting it out?

@Foodnerd81: hmm, it must be related to weaning? i haven't fully weaned yet so i can't really say. although i'm really not looking forward to the sore boobs, because...i haven't fully weaned yet. OUCH! oddly enough, that was my first symptom last time, i wonder if they are less sensitive from nursing or something?

24. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

December mamas! Any interest in creating a private/closed (no one can see you are in it, you can only join by invite only) Facebook group? I was in a FB group for my May 2013 due date and it was so much easier to chat and search old "threads" and keep up to date/share pictures and get to know one another without fear of someone "finding" you. Let me know your thoughts, and I can set up! In terms of adding, we would need to be Facebook friends for me to add so you could wall me (and then delete) your name and location to get started.

Edit: It wouldn't need to replace this group, but could be used for pictures/more sensitive stuff, etc.

25. Foodnerd81

@maybebaby: I'm interested in the Facebook group!

26. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: yeah that kind of poop makes me gag on my best, non pregnant day!

27. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Foodnerd81: awesome! I will pm you my name/location and I can start the group (you need one other person to start). anyone else who wants to join, let me know!

28. lovehoneybee

@maybebaby: I'm in! Are we friends on FB already? I know I have a lot of bees on there but sometimes I can't remember who is who!

29. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@maybebaby: i'm in, as long as it's totally private!

30. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@lovehoneybee: we are not! on IG though PM me your name/location.
    @Pirouette: ONLY you can see it - it not just "closed" but secret, which means it isn't even searchable!

31. lovehoneybee

@Foodnerd81: I got him mostly cleaned up (holding my breath...) before the smell really got to me. I ran out of the room dry-heaving...loud enough that it woke D up!

32. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

@Pirouette: I'm super excited to announce...still trying to come up with a cool way to do it Kind of want to do the staged picture set up...but have it set to video...and say "we're pregnant!" and capture reactions. But wondering about logistics. Any one have cool rec's for announcing to family?

@Foodnerd81: I hear ya on the evening bloat. It's bad over here!

@maybebaby: I'm interested in joining too! (Lame question...how do i PM?)

33. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@maybebaby: I'm in! I'll PM you my name.

34. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@shortiecake: you can post on my wall. If you're not gold you may want to delete it after we've connected

35. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

@maybebaby: thanks! will do!

36. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@maybebaby: I'm in for facebook. I will pm you.

Well yesterday gave me a new respect for people with HG. It was rough! I am glad it was a virus and has passed and I don't have to deal with months of it. Dh has it today.

I am worried I don't have enough symptoms and might try and get my ultrasound moved up. Boobs have been getting less sore.

@shortiecake: Click on the user and then wall

37. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@Pirouette: That's really encouraging!! I really hope that things feel "normal" again once I hit the second tri! Do you still run?

@Mrs Hedgehog: I'm October 2012 and November 2013 so kind of on either side

@maybebaby: I'm SO bloated. Ugh. I haven't busted out maternity yet but I have zero interest in wearing any normal jeans. I've been sticking to leggings, dresses and workout clothes! Walling you my name

38. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@shortiecake: that's a great plan! We just basically blurted it out the first time around

@Running Elley: I do, but not like I used to... I used to run 4-5 miles every morning and fast (7:15 minute miles), but now I run a few days a week after work and on the weekends, 3-4 miles and wayyyy slower. Mostly because I just don't have the energy due to lo. Trying to get back to it though - the miles, definitely not speed!

39. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Yogini bee: Welcome and congrats!!!

@maybebaby: Great idea, heading to your wall now (and just realized I'm no longer Gold, it's been a while!).

40. myboxerstella

pea / 7 posts

Gosh I've missed a lot since Wednesday! @LoveHoneyBee @AprilFool @HappyBlueBird @Mrs.Taco @Mrstiz @Pirouette Thank you all for making me feel like I'm not alone with my apparent lack of attachment! lol

@MaybeBaby I'm in on the FB group.

Love all the names, my only problem is as soon as I pick a nice old fashioned name it becomes popular and I don't want my kid going to school with 10 others with the same name!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee