Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

I'm torn on what to do about rooms, DS's room and the guest room are side by side and exactly the same size. DH wants to move Jack to the guest room so he doesn't have to move the baby monitor that is hard wired in.. but then we have to re-do two rooms. I'm not sure what we'll do yet

First room is what I'm thinking if we keep Jack in his room (he's got dark blue walls) so I'd do green + white bedding

If we move him he will end up with a Cowboys/Indian's type room or a camping theme like Moonrise Kingdom

Girl room would either be hot air balloons or a loosely based off of this blanket- gold, dark blue and dark pink

2. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MrsTiz: Thread crashing to say CONGRATULATIONS my fellow November 2013 mama! So happy for you!

3. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@sweetooth: thanks lady!

4. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@MamaBehr: and @MrsTiz: welcome!!!

We are for SURE done after this one, thank you very much.

5. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsTiz: love the balloons! that room is adorable. i also love the name ben, i keep coming back to it in my brainstorming. Boys names i love so far are Andrew (Drew) and Ben.

I don't have an official names list yet, because DH and i won't discuss them until we know the sex. but i'm pretty sure this one is a girl, and the only other girl name we agreed on was Alexandra. so i guess that would be a contender this time, although i'm not sure if i still love it, at least not as much as LO's name. DH wasn't sure either haha. We'll have to go back to the drawing board!

6. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@lovehoneybee: Hazel will for sure be at the top of our list, love it! You have some great names.

7. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

Names are tough with us..... We have a Quinn, Bennett, and Everett. So, we have to have a double letter, and if it is a boy probably a double t at the end. If it is a girl we will name her Gemma or Tessa. We agreed on that when I was pregnant with our third. If it is a boy, man, I don't know! I kinda like the name Truett (plus that's the name of the guy who started Chick Fil A, and I would LOVE for my kid to be that successful!!!) but DH hates it!

8. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@MrsTiz: your first girl name is my LO's name, first and middle, but we spelled it Mae for her middle name. I love love love it and get lots of compliments on it. I feel like I love her name so much that we will never come up with another name that is so perfect. I did like Grace last time too, and still do, but I'm feeling meh on it. For a boy we never had a name we loved even though we were team green. This is another reason I'm leaning towards finding out, since at least we only have to come up with one name! Last time we did not share our name ideas with anyway and I think we will probably do the same with this one.

9. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

The worst thing about being down under is this thread is always so active when I am sleeping!

@Mrs. Taco: I would switch. I think it is unacceptable for him to do an episiotomy without permission. I had one and my midwife told me what she needed to do and why. I felt safe. If he delivers you again will you feel you can trust him?

@MamaBehr: Happy Birthday!!

@MrsTiz: I think we will be done. I would like more but DH is firmly in the 2 only camp.

@lovehoneybee: Love Maxwell!

Our names are Willa London which is our left over girl name from H and Jack Gordon/Gordon Jack, both of which are family names (our grandfathers). We just need to decide which one goes first.

I have caught H's bug and I woke up feeling sooooo sick this morning. My belly is so off. It's 4:30am and we are watching toy story on the couch! I was supposed to have breakfast with a friend this morning and I was going to tell her but now I will have to wait.

10. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

Sooooo I haven't posted on HB (other than the classifieds) in forever. But I've been lurking on this board ever since I found out I was pregnant and I loved my due date boards with my other kids so much that I've decided to jump in!

EDD: December 7-9ish

How far along: Just over 7 weeks

First child? #3 actually! I have a 2.5 year old son and a 1.5 year old daughter

First doctor appointment: Was a week ago. I had an early ultrasound and we were able to see teeny tiny baby and a "cardiac flicker" lol

Any symptoms so far? I've been SO tired for the last 3 weeks. And all day nausea started last Saturday. I haven't thrown up at all but I've basically been feeling nauseous all day since.

Who have you told? Our parents, siblings and a couple of really close friends.

I'm so excited to join you ladies And to see some familiar faces here!

11. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@lovehoneybee: I love all of your names!! Especially Eloise *swooooon*

@MrsTiz: I think I'd go with your husband and move Jack to the other bedroom. I LOVE your theme for his big boy room and it would be the perfect excuse to do it!

I'm not sure what we'll be doing for rooms. We have a 3 bedroom house and right now the kids each have their own room. I think I'm leaning toward Elliot and Emmy sharing a room because they'll be older with more solid sleep schedules than the baby (obviously).

12. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

Just want to say congrats!!!! @MrsTiz: @Running Elley:

13. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@MamaBehr: Bennett and Everett are both on my boy list too!

Ugh names are difficult. We have two E names now and we really want to have 4-5 kids. I didn't realize that my husband wanted to do an E name theme until I was pregnant with our second. Now I'm trying to convince him that more than 3 Es in a row will make us sound ridiculous and if we want to change our pattern we have to change it NOW with this baby. If we don't we'll be completely locked in

14. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsTiz: @Running Elley: Popping in to say I LOVE that you're both on here congrats!!!!

15. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@MrsTiz: LOVE that camping themed room! It's pretty awesome.
    @Running Elley: Welcome!

We haven't started thinking of names yet. We had a hard time coming up with a name for DS so I know it won't be easy.

Does anyone have appts coming up? My first prenatal is next Tuesday and I'll be 9 weeks at that point. I wonder if they'll try and listen for heartbeat by doppler. With my first I was 10 weeks at that appointment and we got to hear it, but 9 weeks might be too early.

16. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Running Elley: congrats! That's hilarious about the E names. I agree if you use E for this one, you are committed!

@skipper2010: i still have 2.5 weeks to wait for my appt. I cant remember how early you can hear with the doppler. You might be close!

17. Foodnerd81

@Running Elley: this is exactly how I ended up being the 3rd K of five Ks.

18. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@HLK208: @lilteacherbee:

@Foodnerd81: LOL! How did people react to 5 K names? Did you guys get a lot of comments growing up?

19. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@MamaBehr: I forgot about Bennett! I love the name Ben but DH doesn't like Benjamin, so I'm adding that to the list

@Running Elley: Yayyy! Congrats! Another sweet little blondie running around? So exciting. Although I'm not sure BOB makes a triple jogging stroller

@MrsTiz: Love the room ideas. I totally forgot about how we're moving DD and I'll need to redo the room with a new bed since this LO will get her crib. Hmmmmm....

@AprilFool: @Foodnerd81: @skipper2010: I ended up making an appt at a new practice (which I actually looked at before but didn't realize they opened a new location 1.5 miles from my house a month ago!!) for May 13th. I'll be 8 1/2 weeks so I doubt we'll hear a heartbeat but my friend who recommended them said they do a dating ultrasound so who knows. If I don't end up liking them, I still have my current practice's appt the following week.

@AprilFool: My tummy has been off too. I've had frequent bathroom emergencies (and no, not throwing up) for 5 days now. Never had this problem last time!

20. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@Mrs. Taco: Uhhh yeah haha. Elliot is starting preschool this fall so I'm thinking that I'll have to do my with kids runs while he's in school! Have you been running since you got your BFP? With Elliot I stopped running immediately because of past MC paranoia and with Emmy I wasn't back into running yet when I got pg so I've never done pregnant running before! I'm still running now but shorter distances. I've felt myself slow down a lot and the shorter distances that used to feel easy for me are already feeling like a hard workout!

21. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@Running Elley: Ahhh congrats lady!!! I'm so excited to see you here!!

@Mrs. Taco: As far as stomach issues go, it's been feast or famine around here. I haven't pooped normally in almost 2 weeks!

My first appt is May 14th, but it's just a nurse appt. Then I have an appt with the OB on June 2nd...I really hope they'll so an ultrasound then. I'm really anxious to know is bean is okay in there...

Oh, and we can move into our townhouse on May 16th, OMG! But I talked to my MIL today and as a housewarming gift they're paying a mover for! Now I don't have to feel guilty about not being able to really help with the lifting, huzzah (but I'm still doing the bulk of the packing...)

22. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@lilteacherbee: you could be here but you just had to get pregnant early

@HLK208: thanks lady!

@Running Elley: I have tons of E names for you, don't worry lol!

23. Foodnerd81

@Running Elley: yes, we actually got, and still get, a lot of comments. I don't think it's that's weird, but when I'll be telling a story about my siblings, people who don't know us are like, wait, what are all your names? I rattle off our five K names and get some form of "whoa, did your parents do that on purpose?" Or something about it being lame or weird not occasionally t being cool. Meanwhile I remember being little and making a craft and the teacher saying to put your initials on it and I was like, but then no one will know whose it is at home?

Personally I have no problem with it but I am still surprised how many comments we get! E is a good letter for it though- so many good names.

24. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: we moved with I was about five months pregnant with C- I did not feel one bit guilty about not lifting anything. I just stood with a hand on my belly and told the movers where to put stuff.

@Mrs. Taco: I really hope you like the new practice. That sounds perfect.

@skipper2010: my first appt isn't until the second week of May. I don't know if they will hear a heartbeat or not, but last time they did try with the Doppler. They don't do dating ultrasounds if you know your dates, which I do. So I just sit and wait.

25. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Running Elley: I also love Emmett (I think that spelling, whatever the standard spelling is). But I agree, if you are stopping E's do it now. I kinda feel like we have to stick with double t's at the end of a boys name.... And, a double BOB fits three. Two in the seats and one where the feet go. I haven't had to do it a lot, but I have done it
    @skipper2010: I have had a different OB/GYN with every pregnancy (how funny! Just realized that) and I've always gotten a sonogram by 9 weeks. My first appt is at 9 ish weeks and this doc does a sonogram. I feel like they would be able to pick up a heart beat on a Doppler though. My first appt is May 27. I just have to hope I don't bleed and have to go in earlier. I have had early bleeding with every pregnancy....

26. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Running Elley: Embarrassingly, no. Right after I ran my 10K I went to Mexico and when I got back I had no motivation. Plus, it is HOT down here in FL so I can't run after work anymore. I couldn't stand running while pregnant with DD because my chest always hurt and things didn't feel right, I had my last run at about 32 weeks but they weren't frequent at all! I stuck to the gym and lower impact cardio...speaking of, I REALLY need to get back into my after work workout. Going to pack my bag now...I'll hop on the treadmill and let you know how it goes!

27. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Running Elley: yayyy congrats!! And you'll need to come up with a new hashtag on IG

28. lovehoneybee

December Mamas

One more update!

December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3)
    December 7th: myboxerstella (#1)
    December 8th: Running Elley (#3)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), sotofamilia (#2), mrstiz (#2)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1)
    December 16th: aprilfool (#2)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2), Kali (#1)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)
    December 26th: pirouette (#2)
    December 29th: MamaBehr (#4)

@Running Elley: I split the difference and put you down for the 8th, since we don't have one there yet

29. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Running Elley: I ran all through my first pregnancy, up until midway through the 3rd tri when I found out she was iugr and I got super paranoid (even though there was no medical reason not to, I just couldn't justify it). Anyway, I just have to say that the first few weeks, really most of the first tri, running was HARD! But the second I hit the second tri, it was easy again, and I felt great. I was super cautious in the first tri, and stopped anytime I so much as felt tired, but later on it really did get easier. So don't give up this pregnancy so far (it's been a week haha) I've run a few times but really taken it easy.

30. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Running Elley: Congrats & welcome!!

Morning sickness and fatigue has hit me pretty hard so I've haven't been keeping up with the thread as much as I'd like to. So I'm sorry for the things I've missed!

AFM, we had our second appointment/US this past Tuesday and got to see the little peanut. Dr. saw cardiac activity so that is a step in the right direction. We are going back in 3 weeks on the May 14th for another US to make sure things are still looking good. I'll be 10w6d and it will be on a better machine so hopefully we'll get a better picture.

31. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

Wow - our group is getting so big! Super exciting

I still have a week to go until my 1st appointment but I ended up "outing" myself to my boss yesterday. He actually asked me if I was pregnant which shocked me. He has 2 kids of his own and is surrounded by female employees (2 of which have been pregnant the last 2 years) so I think he's pretty good at reading the 1st trimester signs. Nausea has been kicking my butt so I've been doing a lot of deep breathing and looking miserable, apparently. Haha. Has anyone else told their bosses?

32. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@shortiecake: I LOL'd at the deep breathing and looking miserable....that's how I think I look pretty much every day! I have an office so I can usually hide and then fake it when someone comes in. So far I haven't told but I'm pretty sure they've figured it out.

33. Foodnerd81

@shortiecake: I'm surprised he would ask! What if you were just really tired?

I sah now by with C, I told my boss at 14 weeks and she said she had no idea. I was like, yeah I've been putting my head down at my desk every afternoon? Drinking ginger ale at 10:30 am?

MS is starting up for me. It's not awful, just that ooooh I really shouldn't have had those extra glasses of wine queasiness (obviously I'm not having glasses of wine, just how it feels!).

34. lovehoneybee

@shortiecake: I told my supervisor pretty much right away. She had called me into her office to ask if I was alright (I was feeling *terrible* that day) and it came out. And if my work was suffering (or I was struggling more with the workload) I wanted her to know that there was a reason.

35. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

@HappyBluebird: I'm glad someone else feels my pain! Haha. Not really though...I hope we both feel better soon!

@Foodnerd81: I was super surprised he asked...and a little bothered since I wasn't planning on "announcing" until after my 1st u/s. Typical guy....didn't he know you're not supposed to ask a woman if she's expecting??? Haha.

@lovehoneybee: I am kind of glad it's out in the open truthfully, for the same reason you mentioned. It's hard to keep up sometimes when we're feeling crappy!

36. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@HappyBluebird: yay for seeing peanut!

@Foodnerd81: good way to describe it. ugh, i'm not looking forward to that at all

@shortiecake: with #1, someone overheard me on the phone with my doctor and TOLD my boss. before i did. i was so upset because i felt it was my news to share. i'll probably tell a little sooner this time around but i'm still wayyyy early right now.

37. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

So, we thought we were having a Nov baby but at our first appt we got pushed back to Dec 6 with #2!

38. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@Running Elley: weren't we August 2013 mamas the first time? Or am I just going crazy?

39. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

@Pirouette: OMG that would have made me so angry! I'm just bummed I had to tell my boss (and co-workers) before I could even tell my family and friends. Really looking forward to the big reveal since this will be the first grandchild for my parents

40. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@Foodnerd81: you too! I know we are August 2013 mamas as well.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee