Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@AprilFool: I bought this sign off of Etsy except with three long lines. I'm going to write "baby brother/sister" on the top line and two other things but have a checkbox next to the baby line, then have R hold it. Probably say something along the line of "the best gift this year won't be found under the tree, baby #2 arriving Christmas 2015" I figured I can use the sign every Christmas for decor so I felt ok getting it!

2. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@AprilFool: for our parents, I am planning to have C wear a Big Sister shirt when we facetime our moms on Mothers Day, when I'll be 8 weeks. I'll wait until after the first scan for most people (so mid June probably) and prob won't post on social media for a while after that (though I'm guessing it will become more obvious in pictures sooner with #2 anyway.

I posted in the classified looking for a big sister shirt since I didn't love any of the reasonably priced ones online. I bought a cute one from Blackbirt but there were others on that thread in 2T- not sure what size your Lo is.

3. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Foodnerd81: I'm hoping I can hid past 12 weeks (don't plan on sharing with social media until closer to 20) because that is R's 2nd birthday and there will be plenty of pics. If it's obvious and I don't want to share I guess the pics I post will just be waist up

4. Foodnerd81

@Mrs. Taco: oh I think you could hide in pics past 12 weeks- just that it will be obvious sooner than it was last time. Last time I feel like I still could have hidden it (and made people I was just getting fatter I guess) at 20 weeks. I have a family wedding at 12 weeks, but since C will be at a hotel with a babysitter and I need to drive back, no one will really question the drinking. And the dress I was thinking of wearing had me worried it made me look pregnant, so I can blame the dress.

5. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

I splurged and bought E a Big Brother shirt from Etsy. We usually have Christmas at my BIL's in Annapolis (2 hour drive away) and he thinks when we're at my IL's house next one of us should change E into it in the other room, and the other casually ask if they would consider hosting Christmas at their house (40 minutes away), and then have E run in.

But my IL's are leaving on a 5-6 week roadtrip on May 6th, and his whole family has a lake house vacation planned for the first week of July, so we could theoretically wait until then and tell them all together. I think that's my preference, but I don't know if I can wait that long to tell them (we're really close to his family). I had to stop myself from blurting it out to my BIL when I talked to him on the phone on Saturday

As for going public, eh. I haven't really thought about it at all? I think I might want to wait until we know the sex first.

6. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Mrs. Taco: so cute!

I really want to tell all the parents on mother's day, but our first appt is a few days later, so i feel like i should wait till after that. Of course, we see them so much i dont know how I'll keep it a secret that long! Im really curious when I'll start showing since i wasnt obviously pregnant until the 3rd tri the first time, but my body is definitely different now (and my ribs have already been stretched once, which is i think made me not show the first time).

7. Foodnerd81

@Pirouette: yeah my first appt is the day after Mother's Day, but I think by 8 weeks I'll be ok telling them anyway. I'll just tell the parents then, and probably siblings that week. Everyone else will wait until 12-14.

8. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Foodnerd81: I would do the same, but last time around I told my parents right before my first appt, and they said they wished I'd waited! It stressed them out big time haha. In fact, I think they'd want me to wait even longer but I don't think I can!

9. Foodnerd81

@Pirouette: my mom just hated having to keep it a secret. On one hand she seemed surprised I waited until 9 weeks, but on the other she was like, oh I hate not being able to tell so and so. I was like, mom, you can't have it both ways!

10. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Foodnerd81: haha my mom was the same way, but also was SO NERVOUS the whole first tri. i kinda wonder if she'd be less anxious and less annoyed by having to keep the secret the second time around though. I feel like I am going to be the one annoyed having to keep it a secret from them!

11. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Foodnerd81: @Pirouette: I waited until well into the second tri to tell my family (I found out I was having DD the week before my wedding and wanted to celebrate that first!). They weren't upset so to speak but I am really close with them so they've always joked I better tell them sooner with #2. They knew we were trying so it came natural to tell them but now I feel like they think I'm far along and I have to remind them it is still very early and a very risky time. I kind of regret telling them but I can't untell

12. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Mrs. Taco: so basically, you can't win either way

13. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@LittleMissKeiko: Yay for great beta results! I've heard that too about girls. Not sure what mine are because I didn't have them drawn. I did have a really dark line when I tested on 12 dpo, but I think I just implanted early because at my dating US the little bean was measuring 3 days ahead, and I'm pretty certain of my O date. I would love a girl, but my little man is pretty awesome so I would be happy to give him a brother. We shall see!

@Mrs. Taco: That is the cutest announcement! Love it!

14. LittleMissKeiko

coffee bean / 30 posts

@skipper2010: Same here. I must of implanted very early as I got a really dark line at 9DPO. This would definitely explain the high hCG levels. Haven't had my dating U/S yet and also very sure of my O date. Both my sisters and my sister-in-law have pigeon pairs. Being our first, we don't mind what we have. A happy and healthy baby is all we ask for.

15. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Mrs. Taco: I love the sign! That is a really cute idea.

@Foodnerd81: I saw the post and she is a 2t but shipping to Oz is the killer. I want to tell our parents on Mothers day too but we have been invited to a baptism so I am not sure how it will work now with extra family around.

@lovehoneybee: Which one did you get? July is a long wait! Although if they are out of town it might not be so bad.

16. Foodnerd81

@AprilFool: oh yeah, I forgot about that. Mrs rabbit had the idea of getting an iron on transfer and just ironing into a shirt you have. I thought about that but figured it was a lot easier for me to get it shipped from the classified. I am wth you that I hate to pay $40 for a t shirt for a toddler! If you go up a size she could wear it for the announcement and when she meets the baby though. Also just realizing this, by a December baby will be a summer baby for you, won't it?

17. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

18. lovehoneybee

@AprilFool: I got this one. I did splurge a little, but he loves it and wears it to bed a lot (it's really soft).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/206964782/big-brother-shirt-boys-top-sketchy-big?ref=shop_home_active_7

The only family we'll probably see are my IL's, and they are leaving on a road trip. I'd like to tell them in person, but I also want to see the doctor first, and they are leaving before our first appt.

I'm a little on edge today. I feel like everything is fine (my boobs hurt SO bad last night--something that didn't really ever happen with E) but today was the day (4w5d) that I lost a previous pregnancy. I'm trying to be positive, but I can't stop thinking about it today.

19. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lovehoneybee: i hope today passes quickly for you!! try to keep yourself distracted! sending you hugs.

20. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@lovehoneybee: That's a tough milestone to get through. But each pregnancy is so different, so try not to worry too much!

21. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@lovehoneybee: Thinking of you, hope today passes quickly and you can calm your worries a little by day end

22. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: thinking of you today!

Symptoms are starting to hit me- occasionally I feel nauseous and not appeals to me to eat, but I know it will probably get worse. But the fatigue is really getting me. I'm just so tired all the time. Couple that with a sick toddler and a husband working late every night and over the weekend and i am just spent. And I have no patience with my poor toddler, who looks at me and says, a Hug? after I snap at her for whining or dawdling or eating five peas for lunch. And now she just woke up half an hour early from her nap so I have a nice long afternoon in front me. At least she pretty much is over the virus from the weekend.

Rant over. Anyone else?

23. lovehoneybee

@Pirouette: @LulaBee: @Mrs. Taco: @Foodnerd81: Thanks. I know it's just a day, but I'm ready for it to be tomorrow just so I can stop thinking about it (but honestly, will probably think about until I'm through the first tri).

@Foodnerd81: I feel ya on the exhaustion. I don't remember being this tired so soon last time, but I can barely keep my eyes open. And E is a total threenager, and everything, from what he does or doesn't eat, bring to bed, his clothes...everything is a fight that I have zero energy or patience for. I snapped at him last night, and he said "Mommy, don't yell at me!" I felt *terrible*.

24. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Foodnerd81: awww, i'm sorry she's sick and you're all alone! she is too sweet though!

I am still super early, and i think too early for symptoms, but i did have a wave of exhaustion the past 2 nights putting LO to bed, i almost passed out on her chair. and i have 2 waves of nausea yesterday - just a little preview of what's to come. I thought i wouldn't even notice the fatigue this time around since LO isn't a great sleeper...turns out fatigue on top of fatigue IS noticeable in a big way!

25. myboxerstella

pea / 7 posts

@Pirouette - There was a flicker of a heartbeat, just a couple of pixels flashing on the U/S.
    @AprilFool - Thanks, I'm so excited! It was quite the journey, but a lovely one!

26. Foodnerd81

@Pirouette: I might have actually fallen asleep during Daniel tiger this afternoon! And yeah she really is very sweet... Most of the time.

27. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: awwww. Weve all been there- my LI just can't talk that much yet.

28. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@myboxerstella: aww yay! I loved seeing that little flicker for the first time

@Foodnerd81: lol...none of them are sweet all of the time! I'll settle for most I don't know how you could fall asleep during that show, I find it so annoying!

29. Foodnerd81

@Pirouette: it's the only show she watches and she loooooves it. I find it soothing.

30. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@lovehoneybee: @Pirouette: @Foodnerd81: another exhausted momma here! My husband has worked overnights the past three nights which doesn't help. I put R to bed 30 mins early tonight and let her talk to herself until she fell asleep...as long as she wasn't crying I'm calling it a win. And for the record, I'll take Daniel Tiger over Mickey Mouse Clubhouse any day.

31. lovehoneybee

@Mrs. Taco: I can empathize. D works second shift, so he's pretty much never home before 9pm (last night he didn't get home until 1:30!) Which makes E fighting bedtime soooo much harder. Tonight was okay, but last night I was ready to just toss him in his room and close the door!

32. lovehoneybee

Also: Blue's Clues > Daniel > Super Why > Thomas

33. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: so C doesn't really watch much TV, but is obsessed with Daniel tiger. Never cared for Sesame Street. Any recommendations of shows that offer some value (like I feel like Daniel teaches some life lessons like sharing and stuff)? That aren't awful? I have a feeling she's going to be watching a little more TV in the coming months (days, let's be honest). She's almost 21 m now.

34. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Foodnerd81: @Mrs. Taco: haha, I've actually never really watched it, I just always hear it on when I forget to turn off the TV and I hate hate the intro song! LO only watches sesame street and curious george, both of which I like. But she also wants to put on her frozen dvd constantly, she's obsessed!

@lovehoneybee: dh got home late tonight and I was just cursing him in advance if lo fought bedtime (she didnt, thankfully!) I'm so lucky that he does get home most nights, even though he usually has to work after.

35. Foodnerd81

@Pirouette: I catch myself singing or humming the theme song- I like it. She watched curious George today but was so so on it.

36. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Foodnerd81: Yep a summer baby. Which will be ok since it's too hot to go out for long anyway. We just need to get the AC installed in our new house before then because I am not breastfeeding in that heat. As for tv we watch Mickey Mouse and she's just gotten into Sofia The First which teaches about kindness I think.

@Mrs. Taco: Thanks! I will check them out Mickey Mouse is huge this house!

@lovehoneybee: I like that one. The big sister one with the heart was on my short list. I hope today passed uneventfully for you and don't worry, none of us are perfect and I am sure E has already forgotten.

I am 6 weeks today! So tired and if my husband tells me how tired he is one more time I might not have a husband for much longer. The nausea comes and goes and am a little more emotional than normal. I let something get to me today and had a bit of a cry in the supermarket. Oh hormones! I ate something after dinner last night, a chocolate bar, that I knew I was too full for but I wanted it anyway and I felt so sick after so that'll teach me right?

37. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

Hi, December mamas! How's everyone doing? Sorry I've been MIA! I travel locally for work and by the time I get home all day I'm too wiped to do anything but put LO to bed and pass out. Sounds like many of us are in the same boat. 7 weeks today and two to go until our first midwife appointment. We've already told our families and many of our close friends, so it's feeling a little more real. This is so embarrassing but I'm already wearing maternity jeans--my regular ones are too uncomfortable! I know it's all bloat but still...anyone else?

38. Foodnerd81

@maybebaby: I lent my maternity clothes to a friend and last time I saw her I was like, oh there is no rush getting them back to me! So now I may have to tell her a little earlier than most! But really since I wear yoga pants five days out of a week I should be ok a while longer without maternity clothes I think.

39. lovehoneybee

@maybebaby: I'm not wearing any yet, but my work pants felt uncomfortably tight this morning (enough that I had to change) #bloatnotbump. Unfortunately, in my process of trying to make peace with being one and done I donated most of my maternity clothes. I ordered a bunch from swap.com yesterday, though (4 jeans, 2 dress pants, 2 skirts, 3 cardigans and a few blouses for $108!).

@Foodnerd81: E LOVED Super Why for a long time. Great for alphabet learning and early reading. I was meh about it. I don't mind it, but it grated me that they change stories--like, I don't remember the exact details, but there was one about the Princess and the Frog, and they end up turning the little boy back into a frog, despite his protests? It made me really uncomfortable. But that was the only one I remember that really bothered me (although they do change a lot of stories like that).

Blue's Clues is probably my favorite (I really like Steve) and it holds E's attention. Not as much educational value as SW.

E is really, really, really into Thomas right now. I effing hate trains. I just can't shake the feeling that the engines are brainwashed slaves. But if it keeps him occupied so I can cook dinner I'll go with it. I usually put on their Greatest Stories episode (it's on Netflix and Amazon Prime). Really short episodes (like 5-10 minutes each?), and a lot of them are narrated by people like George Carlin, Ringo Starr and Alec Baldwin.

We tried watching Tumble Leaf on Amazon Prime. I really liked it (teaching science...) but E didn't pay any attention at all. I think it's a little above him still. And I saw one on there last night called Creative Galaxy, I think ? Seemed interesting, might check it out tonight.

E doesn't actually watch a ton of TV, but with Dave not home in the evenings I need something to distract him while I get dinner ready, so I don't feel guilty about what he does watch.

40. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@lovehoneybee: Nice loot for that price! I loaned out all of my maternity clothes, but luckily so many friends have been excited to loan theirs to me, so I have quite the summer wardrobe! I am giving into the bloat and wearing maternity pants and flowy tops. I also have a son who is obsessed with Thomas and I am pretty iffy about it...those engines are so NAUGHTY and always getting into trouble and being mischievous. But yeah, if it lets me get dinner on the table, so be it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee