Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Foodnerd81: My boobs have been super sore and I keep thinking I need to nurse! I stopped BFing about two weeks ago because it was starting to hurt (now I see this as an early sign!) And, with each of my pregnancies the ::ohmygod pregnancy brain, what is that stuff called, the milk that isn't really milk that newborns eat!?!:: came in earlier. I swear I had it (whatever it's name is) by like 20 weeks with my last!!!
    @maybebaby: I would love a FB group like that!!!

I got my BFP yesterday and I can't believe the nausea has hit already.... WTH!!! With all my other pregnancies I have just felt ick, but that never happened before 6 weeks... I hope I'm not in for a rough 12 weeks.

@Yogini bee: Welcome!!! Since I'm so freshly pregnant I've only told DH and a good friend. We will wait until a sonogram at 9 weeks (May 27). But, since this is our fourth, I am ready for a negative reaction.

2. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@myboxerstella: Finding an uncommon name for my DD was one of my conditions but even though Jack is common it was my DH grandfathers name and he passed away at Christmas time so it's super important to my husband we use it.

@MamaBehr: I'm sorry you think you will get negative reactions. All babies should be welcomed! Maybe you need to share that video thats going about about having 4 kids.

3. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

You all are super chatty! I am in the thick of wrapping up a crazy semester of grad school, so it's hard to keep up here. Two more weeks!

I'm still not having much nausea (I did only the first week after my BFP) and it's hard to tell if my fatigue is due to school or pregnancy. School's never made me fall asleep sitting up in the middle of the afternoon, though . . .

I did have some spotting this week, which is a symptom I would rather not have, but it was light and brief, so I'm not too worried.

My first appointment is next Wednesday. I will be 8.5 weeks, and I'm disappointed to think that we won't even get to hear the heartbeat. DH is itching to tell our folks, but I would really like *some* kind of confirmation before we do. I won't make it much longer, though. My birthday is Thursday, and I know my parents will want to go out over the weekend. It will be suspicious if I a) avoid them, or b) avoid drinking at a restaurant.

DH and I have been tossing around names for years, but we haven't really talked about it as much since we started TTC. I haven't gotten my name books out yet, as I don't want them sitting out on the coffee table in case anyone stops by. Yet another thing that is on the agenda for after my semester ends!

Welcome to all the new mamas who have joined our group in the past few days!

@MaybeBaby: I'm in for the FB group! It will be nice to "see" some HBers over there. I'll wall you my name.

4. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@Pirouette: The family was all hanging out, about to leave for dinner, when DH said "We were talking about when to have a kid and thought December would be a good time..." And we waited a couple seconds for them to realize what he meant. Everyone was really excited! And surprised.
    We're going to tell my family when we get together for my mom's birthday next week.

@maybebaby: I'm in for the FB group! I'll wall you.

@lady baltimore: I was hoping for some more confirmation before telling family but we realized we didn't want to wait any longer. Plus if something bad does happen, we'll need the support of our families. Your doctor might listen for a heartbeat! Every office seems to do things differently.

5. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@maybebaby: I'm in on the FB group. I'll wall you my name.

@lady baltimore: good luck on the last two weeks! Maybe your doctor will take a quick listen!

6. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lady baltimore: will you get an ultrasound? You should be able to see the heartbeat for sure at least! I feel the same way about mother's day, and my first appt is a few days later! Wish it could be before.

@Berly: haha totally our style! Love it!

7. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

I added everyone I was able to! Let me know if I missed you!

8. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@maybebaby: I just now walled you my name.

@Berly: The thing is, if things go south, I would really prefer that no one know. So, though I think we will be telling our parents by next weekend no matter what, I will definitely insist on holding off on broadcasting the news until after our first u/s.

@HappyBluebird: I'm hoping if I ask nicely and promise not to be disappointed, she might give it a try!

@Pirouette: I was told no u/s at this first appointment (it's more of an intake appointment, I think - I see the CRNP instead of the OB). Not sure when they typically schedule the first u/s. I thought about waiting until Mother's Day to tell, but I think DH might burst if he has to hold on to the news too much longer. He was thinking we'd be making calls right after our appointment on the 29th, and when I told him I wanted to wait until after my birthday (the 30th), he looked so deflated!

9. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

I'm in for FB!

10. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

Does anyone know how much time HB gives us to delete a wall post? I don't mind adding my name I just don't want it to be there forever

11. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@skipper2010: I was able to delete mine about 2 hours after I posted. I'm not sure if HB has a time limit though.

12. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@skipper2010: I can't delete mine any more so there is a time limit! I have to put in a request I suppose?

13. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

Is anyone else having headaches as a symptom and what are you doing about them?

@Berly: I like that way of telling people!

14. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@AprilFool: Yes, lots of headaches. Usually a can of coke is enough, put today I can't shake it, and it's bad. I've been in bed most of the afternoon

15. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lady baltimore: I have had spotting with every pregnancy... so, I keep waiting for it to happen with this one (though I've only known I am pregnant for about three days... I got time ) And, with my first my FIL guessed when I didn't order wine with dinner hahaha
    @AprilFool: We just bought a new house, and we were looking at 5 bedroom houses and I kept joking about it being for our fourth child and my MIL basically said that was a bad idea. I know my father will have something snarky to say. It will not be as celebrated as much as with our first three. That's why I want to keep it a secret for as long as possible and only tell people we know will be happy for us. I might even do one of those "introducing our new baby" post on FB instead of announcing the pregnancy! And, I think a little bit of Tylenol is safe during pregnancy, if I remember correctly. I don't remember all of the first trimester rules

16. myboxerstella

pea / 7 posts

@AprilFool you can take Tylenol, which is a good thing because I had to stop taking my migraine meds when I started TTC. I'm really trying to stay away from soda, except for the occasional Sprite for my stomach. I'm diabetic, so I have to watch the sugar.

17. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@lovehoneybee: I will need to remember the coke tip. I hope you're feeling better!

@MamaBehr: @myboxerstella: I will need to pick some up at the supermarket this afternoon. It's been constant for a few day but this morning when I got up it was seriously bad.

@MamaBehr: The only thing people should say is congratulations! So rude!

18. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@AprilFool: I've had a few not too bad headaches so far, but with my first I was getting terrible migraines. I ended up doing acupuncture and it was amazing. I stopped getting headaches for almost two years! Tylenol is also safe but I was so paranoid about taking anything. (Hello hormones- I cried over taking a Tylenol for a migraine. )

19. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

Just another FB update - I think I've added everyone to date who showed interest. Let me know if I missed you

20. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@maybebaby: I don't know if you added me. I think you friended me, but I am not in a group.

21. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

Well looks like I didn't escape the morning sickness...6+2 and I woke up feeling like death. Nausea is the one thing I can't handle. Lets hope I can keep the throwing up at bay until lunch time or else my students are going to pick up quickly!

22. Foodnerd81

@Mrs. Taco: yeah I've been feeling like crap off and on for a few days. Went on a girls weekend and the othe two woke up quite hungover- and I felt pretty much the same. Very unfair.

Are you keeping food in your stomach? I've been having a handful of dry Cheerios when I first wake up. Helps get me to just crappy instead of I might puke. I never did throw up with my first pregnancy though so I know lots of people have it worse.

23. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Foodnerd81: Ha. I actually just had a handful of cheerios! I dry heaved this morning but I didn't have anything in my stomach. I am standing here at work right now trying to distract myself but it is another testing day so I am "babysitting" students I don't even know and as the minutes pass my ability to keep it down is dwindling. With DD I threw up a few times but mostly just really nauseous.

24. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@HappyBluebird: Yay for a good ultrasound! Now correct me if I'm wrong, but were you the one who had previously experienced a molar pregnancy? Does cardiac activity pretty much rule that out?

@lady baltimore: I'm not sure if they'll try and listen for heartbeat with doppler at 8.5 weeks, but if you had some spotting maybe you can use that to your advantage and get an ultrasound out of it.

@Mrs. Taco: Nausea is the one thing I can't handle either! It's the worst feeling. I probably don't have it half as bad as most people, but because of my low nausea tolerance its making me feel super crappy. Last night at 8 weeks 5 days was the first time I didn't dry heave after brushing my teeth though so that's improvement!

Second time moms-the bloat second time around is NO JOKE! Baggy shirts and yoga pants FTW!

25. Foodnerd81

@skipper2010: yeah the bloat last night was crazy. I definitely looked pregnant and I'm only 6 and a half weeks. But this morning I look like my normal, not totally flat but not pregnant self. Well, other than the look on my face like I could throw up, of course. But as a sahm I can wear yoga pants and sweatshirts as much as I want so that helps!

26. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Mrs. Taco: 6+5 and morning sickness hit yesterday. No vomiting just nausea that comes and goes. We went to a comedy show tonight and strobe lights are not good for morning sickness!!

@skipper2010: I am not sure how much longer I will be able to hide it! Going to have to start telling people.

27. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@skipper2010: Unfortunately, seeing the heartbeat doesn't rule out another molar. With our last bfp, we saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks and then found out when we went back for our 12 week scan that there was a problem. Seeing the heartbeat rules out a complete molar, but not a partial (which is what it was last time). Our OB says generally by 12 weeks you would know if it was another molar. So we are going back at 10 weeks and again at 12 or 13 weeks.

28. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@maybebaby: I'm interested in FB group!

29. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@LulaBee: great! wall me your name/location (if there are more than one of you on FB!)

30. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@AprilFool: I've been having daily headaches. I take Tylenol if it gets really bad. Sometimes eating helps. Also, my doctor said they could also be allergy related and to try taking Sudafed.

31. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@HappyBluebird: I see. That sounds so stressful! I'm glad everything is looking good so far though.

32. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@skipper2010: thanks! it is stressful but we are trying to take it one drs appointment at a time. Certainly not easy and I don't think we are as excited as we should be but hopefully after 12 weeks we'll be a little less stressed!

33. lovehoneybee

I think this should be everyone!

December Mamas

December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3), Mrs Hedgehog (#2)
    December 7th: myboxerstella (#1)
    December 8th: Running Elley (#3)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), sotofamilia (#2), mrstiz (#2)
    December 11th: Yogina Bee (#1)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1)
    December 16th: aprilfool (#2)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2), Kali (#1)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)
    December 29th: MamaBehr (#4)

34. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@lovehoneybee: That's getting to be a pretty robust list!

35. lovehoneybee

@lady baltimore: I'm actually pretty surprised! I know a lot of people skip trying when it will mean a December baby. We talked about it once, but figured since it took so long with E that we probably wouldn't get pregnant on our second shot...

I'm not upset about or anything...Thanksgiving to Christmas is pretty much my favorite time of year, so I'm excited! But I wasn't expecting our group to be so big!

36. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@lovehoneybee: I'm surprised too! I used to think about skipping December, but I'm now super excited at the thought of having a baby before the holidays. And I'll always make sure to make his/her birthday special no matter what. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

37. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@lovehoneybee: @skipper2010: I hadn't thought about that, but you're right, I do hear a lot of people talk about "skipping" a December birthday, if they can. Our LO will (likely) share a birthweek with its grandmother and cousin (one year older), so I'm pretty excited!

38. Elizachase

pea / 6 posts

I have been lurking for about a week and figured it was time to join!

Location: Maryland - seems like there are a lot of Marylanders in this group!

EDD: 12/22

How far along: 5+6

First child? Yes - very excited and nervous.

First doctor appointment: mid-May around 8 weeks. I think this won't feel real until that appointment.

Any symptoms so far? Nausea hit me pretty hard today. Insomnia and exhaustion as well.

Who have you told? DH and our best friends. Waiting for Father's day to announce to our families.

Excited to join you ladies and I am interested in the FB group as well!

39. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Elizachase: welcome and congrats! There are a good amount of Marylanders here!

40. Foodnerd81

@Elizachase: welcome! You know I've been having some crappy insomnia but I didn't put it together that it was probably pregnancy related until right now. Why would Mother Nature make us exhausted and have insomnia at the same time??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee