Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2016 moms!

1. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@wheres_c: I cried because I got some bills in the mail.

2. KT326

pomegranate / 3438 posts

@wheres_c: I'm a mess. I go from being irrationally angry to tears in an instant. My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me. I cried because the drive through car wash at the gas station was out of order after I already paid for it at the pump, then I cried because I left my coffee on the top of the car and spilled it all.

@marley: yup, I cried after we got a medical bill I wasn't expecting. Apparently my anatomy scan is considered diagnostic under prenatal so I have to meet my deductible. That was not a fun one.

3. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

I think I got my first Braxton Hicks today. It definitely felt like a real contraction and the memories from going into labor the first time totally came back. It was brutal!

4. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

So I did have to take the three-hour GD test, and that afternoon they called to tell me I had GD. I was so bummed about it...then the next day they called to say oops, the nurse who talked to you made a mistake, you don't have GD. Honestly I was a little pissed about the error, but mostly just relieved I don't have GD. Bullet dodged.

I can feel my nesting/organizing/need to get shit done feelings coming on...trying to be as productive as possible. 29 weeks today!

5. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@MountainBaby: Good luck with your test! Try to schedule it first thing in the morning--it won't be so bad!

6. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

Just chugged my glucose drink, bleh. At least I get to go back to work while I wait out the hour?

7. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@mrsmacandcheese: Did you pass your test?

8. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@DigAPony: nobody has called me and I forgot to ask at what point no news is good news!

9. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

I am bored at work today and I figured it was time for an updated list of due dates and genders. Let me know if theres anything that needs to be updated. Also if you have a scheduled C section or induction let me know!

December 2016 Mamas

Dec 5: TJLove54
    Dec 6: Ms.Pug
    Dec 8: Digapony , catlady , stiletto_mom
    Dec 10: Jpickle1
    Dec 11: Kaykay
    Dec 12: Wheres_C
    Dec 15: Swurlygurl , MrsMacandCheese , MK0180
    Dec 17: Sunshine710, Pumpkin Pie
    Dec 22 (Scheduled C) : Marley
    Dec 24: Mountainbaby
    Dec 29: Winterbee :girl:, KT326 , Greenthumb
    Dec 30: Rescuemom10
    Dec 31: Keepcalmcarrie
    Jan 2: Wishingforviolet (TWINS)
    Jan 4: Renee0106

@Jpickle1, when are you due?
    @Ms.Pug @Sunshine710 @Keepcalmcarrie @wishingforviolet any updates on gender?

10. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

11. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@wheres_c: this gave me a panic attack..

12. Jpickle1

apple seed / 3 posts

@wheres_c: December 10th! Not soon enough!!

13. KT326

pomegranate / 3438 posts

So many boys! I'm really hoping baby decides to come before Christmas. I'm so over being pregnant already! (doesn't help that it has been in the high 90's the last couple of days, I'm miserable.)

14. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@wheres_c: yikes! We are getting so close! I really need to get the nursery in order!

@jpickle1 @KT326: I'm with you... I'm starting to feel large. My app says the baby is the size of a cantaloupe, but I sure feel like a pumpkin already!

15. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@tjlove54: Haha updating the list threw me into panic mode and I just started clearing the guest room which will become the nursery.
    We called some painters - hoping to have it painted in the next week or two.

16. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@wheres_c: Wow! Can't believe we are almost there. Thanks for re-compiling the list.

@tjlove54: We finally got started on the "nursery" (really just a small office that is connected to our room) last week. I feel so unprepared this time!

Also feeling huge over here! People keep giving me the strangest looks when I tell them I'm due in December (DD's daycare teacher apparently thought I was due "any day now").

17. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

Baby has been measuring on-track at every u/s with the doc's original due date (12/11) instead of what I originally thought (12/4), so you can push me back a week!

Also, we decided to find out gender -- it's a boy!

18. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@wheres_c: OMG, thanks for doing this update! I'm at the very end of the month and even that feels like it is just around the corner!!

I'm in the midst of a million things for the nursery. It is about 3/4 of the way painted, although I also have a lot of trim to do still. And I'm making a felt flower mobile, maybe some window coverings, and I have to find some art. I'm also slowly replacing the elastic in our cloth diapers. I've finished 10 of 28, so not too bad! We need to switch out the area rug from DD1's room into the nursery and find a new one for her.

@KT326: Absolutely hoping meet this baby before Christmas! I was 2 weeks early with DD, so I'm really hopeful!!

19. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@wheres_c @catlady: I am so much further behind this time than with DS. I did manage to wash the clothes for baby girl last weekend so she will have something to wear when she gets here!

@kaykay: Congrats on baby boy! So exciting!!!

@greenthumb: I would love to see your felt mobile when you are done! I made a felt one for my son that was stars, clouds, and raindrops. I am still trying to decide what I want to make for baby girl, but I definitely want to make one again. I also want to make some headbands. I should probably change out the elastic in our cloth diapers. I'm not sure if it is something I should attempt to tackle myself or pay someone to do for me. Did you find a good tutorial to follow?

20. KT326

pomegranate / 3438 posts

@GreenThumb: I was 2 weeks early with DS so I'm hopeful too. Also, I just met my insurance deductible, I don't want to have to meet it again if this baby doesn't come until January!

@tjlove54: @catlady: our nursery is going to be a corner in our bedroom since we only have a two bedroom house! I'm just waiting for DH to move furniture around so we can hopefully fit the rocking chair in there.

21. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@KT326: our nursery is also in the corner of our bedroom! I am planning on how to fit him in my DD's room when he turns 6 months though, which won't be easy in an NYC apartment.

22. KT326

pomegranate / 3438 posts

@marley: That is our plan too. We live in an 800 sq ft duplex, I feel like we will be playing tetris trying to fit everything in! Luckily DS is in a twin bed so I think we can make it work with a crib in his room.

23. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@KT326: My DD is in a twin bed too, but we'd have to move a lot of her things out of the room if we want the crib in there. I really don't want to move her toys into our living room! Maybe I'll section off a part of my bedroom for their toys.

24. KT326

pomegranate / 3438 posts

@marley: I wish we could keep his toys in his room. We have some toys in there but the majority of them reside in the living room. I really need to go through them again and get rid of a bunch. Somehow they keep multiplying...

25. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@mrsmacandcheese: I'm sure no news is good news!

@wheres_c: aaaah! So close!

26. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

I haven't even started nursery shopping. Granted, we will just be using all of the nursery furniture from DD1 and 2, so I don't actually need to buy any of the big stuff. And the walls are a light grey that I don't feel like painting, but I do need to start actually shopping for some sort of decor, I suppose. (need...ha...not quite). We did a fairly gender neutral theme (bright colors, animals) for DD1, reused with DD2, and could stick with for LO3 if I get lazy. Mostly I'm just kind of tired of it and feel like I should at least get new sheets, a new rug, and maybe a couple pics for the walls (currently bare). I also have a pink changing pad, so maybe baby brother can get a new one of those...haha.

I think I'm procrastinating until we move DD2 out of that room, though! We just got the bunkbeds put up in the girls' room, and I'll probably transition DD2 to that big girl bed at the beginning of November. NOT looking forward to it, even though it will probably be fine.

27. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

Things have been crazy busy here. Hubby is home, and things are finally starting to see "normal".
    He came home the other day with two options of when he goes out again. Right around the time I go back to work from Maternity leave, OR in the summer, and miss summer again. I told him to go earlier. He has missed the last 2 summers, and its just so much more work for me and hard when he is gone in the summer with the land we are on and maintaining it. Ugh.

I have not done ANYTHING yet to prepare for this next little girl. I really wish nesting would kick in, because I need some motivation or SOMETHING.

I've also been a little emotional recently. Just really wanting family time. The Stabbings that happened at the mall in Minnesota was my home town. That was "my mall" growing up. Then the following weekend the mall where I live now and have lived the last 12 years had a shooting that killed 5 people. All feeling so close to home and scary. Drove by the mall here the other day and just lost in and broke down crying. The huge gathering of people mourning, all the flower, and balloons and candles. So overwhelming.

28. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@KT326: Definitely! I keep saying that this baby better come in 2016 and NOT 2017!!

@tjlove54: I'm no expert, but we use BG 4.0s and the elastics are really easy to replace. I've been using this tutorial but my sewing machine rather than hand sewing: http://intentionallysimple.com/how-to-replace-bumgenius-4-0-leg-elastic/
    The mobile you made for your son sounds so cute! I'm working on something like this for my DD2:

29. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Rescuemom10: It's especially upsetting when it hits so close to home.

30. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@GreenThumb: Thanks for the tutorial. I think I will give it a shot (and hopefully won't ruin the diaper)! We also use BG 4.0s. That mobile is AMAZING! I love it! I need to look up some inspiration photos for myself... I know I want to do purple flowers, but not sure what exactly yet.

@rescuemom10: The summer has to be so hard. If you have a lawn/flowers to maintain, that alone is brutal. I tried one time to mow the grass and my husband wasn't happy with how I didn't keep straight lines. Oh well, I haven't had to do that since!

31. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@Rescuemom10: I'm so sorry, I can see how that would be really upsetting. I had a similar thing happen when I was pregnant with LO1. The Boston marathon bombing happened in my 2nd tri (thankfully I had a final bout of nausea so we decided to stay home instead of going), and after they identified the bombers, we discovered that I basically walked within like 20 ft of their house every day on my way to work. It was just too close to home.

32. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

Had a rough day yesterday. My friend offered to babysit, so hubs and I went to see one of my fav bands play at an outdoor venue in the city. Midway through I started having contractions so we left early and went to the hospital.
    Apparently I was severely dehydrated despite my best efforts. They hydrated me and the contractions stopped so I was able to go home. My fabulous friend ended up watching my son most of the night, and sent him home with fresh baked cookies for me.
    I want to do something nice for her and need to figure it out.
    So I'm clearing a bunch of stuff off my calendar withdrew my son from swim, dropped one of my classes, thinking about postponing my PMP certification. Bleh!

33. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@wheres_c: So sorry to hear you had a rough day, but happy to hear you are doing better! Try and take it easy as much as you can (I know how difficult that is w/ work and LO!) It is great that you have such a great friend to help you and your family out. Maybe you could treat her to a gift card for coffee or dinner at a restaurant she likes (something she can enjoy, but you don't also have to commit yourself to if you don't feel up to it?) Hang in there!

34. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@wheres_c: OMG that must have been scary, but I'm really glad everything is ok!! I feel like I have a hard time staying hydrated, too, even though I'm drinking a ton of water.

@Rescuemom10: I'm sorry things have been a bit rough. I can't even read the news or turn on the TV these days. It is just all too much to deal with. Glad your DH is home now !

@tjlove54: I did a felt mobile for DD1 with dala horses, matryoshka dolls, hearts and little birds that I hand embroidered... oh the time I used to have on my hands! Now I'm all about the hot glue gun!!

35. KT326

pomegranate / 3438 posts

@wheres_c: glad you are okay now! That had to have been scary.

@Rescuemom10: I've pretty much just stopped watching the news. I can't handle it anymore with all these pregnancy hormones. DH keeps me up to date on things in our area.

36. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@KT326: I'm with you. I've pretty much stopped reading the news as I end up crying at my desk far too frequently these days. My DH keeps me up to date as well.

37. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

Had our monthly MFM appointment today. Baby is 3lb and measuring on track. Currently frank breech. Guess I should start thinking about chiropractor.

38. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

Just did my 1 hour GD screening this morning. Hoping all goes well and I can skip the 3-hour!! Baby girl is measuring on track and now we start heading in every two weeks for check ups! I hadn't bought any clothes for her yet because we did get a bunch from my sister, but seasonally the babies are different, so I just bought some NB long sleeve onesies! It's getting real!

What are your LOs coming home in?!

39. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

Ugh... failed the 1-hour with a result of 155. So onto the 3-hour on Monday.

40. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@Rescuemom10: I've been feeling extra emotional too. The shooting news was scary to hear--we used to live nearby and went to that mall occasionally; I can't imagine how you feel actually living there. I'm sorry.

@wheres_c: Wow, must have been scary! I'm glad everything is okay, though I'm sorry you're clearing your calendar and putting things on hold.

@GreenThumb: Good luck with your three-hour! I've started my every-two-weeks appointments too; I can't believe it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee