Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@LindsayInNY: I did Whole30 and lost 10 pounds before I got pregnant and immediately gained it back bc my nausea has been so terrible. I’m hoping to do 21 day fix and change my container amounts to the 2000+ calorie options but it does a good job of helping me eat vegetables (once I can look at vegetables again!) and I just really want to keep things balanced and eat well if I can.

Sorry I keep jumping in this thread!

2. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Alright! Ultrasound showed a pregnancy sac and a small Apple seed size embryo. In my uterus. Shady Grove was all weird like “we’re cautiously optimistic, and your betas are still relatively low.” My beta on 19dpo was 166 up from 36. I had a 43hr doubling time. Well within normal. They know they messed up telling me I was having a miscarriage last week and to stop progesterone and take 800mg of Motrin. For some reason I didn’t take the Motrin thank god. But, I didn’t take the progesterone. I’m clearly looking at the sac and the little Apple seed like umm I’m pregnant. They then said oh well we don’t expect to see anything this early. But, you do. We all clearly see t on the screen! Then they asked to do a few more ultrasounds. At this point if today’s betas are good I’m going to ask to be released and just go to my OB. My OB wants me to come in earlier anyways since I had pre-eclampsia with my first.

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Double post

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: I see your post!! WTF REs. They should know better. That's so frustrating and annoying. But that's awesome you got a good ultrasound today! Did they do betas again? Are you back on progesterone? So many questions

5. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: good! Yes, I started progesterone again on Monday. Betas this morning and will have results at 1:30 but I’ll be in a settlement negotiation starting at noon. The agony!

6. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

So, when did everyone start experiencing real symptoms (like nausea and exhaustion)? I'm just 4 weeks and am dreading the nausea that is to come!!

7. mediagirl

@dc yoga bee: so exciting that you saw the sac and little apple seed in there!! I'm cautiously optimistic for you.

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@dc yoga bee: I keep checking my watch for the 1:30 mark. Thinking of you!

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Gah, that's annoying!! My RE calls between 1-4 p.m. On Monday it was around 3 p.m. So I'm eagerly sitting by the phone...

10. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Hello! Just got back from the settlement meeting. I had a voicemail from the RE, and immediately another voicemail from the nurse both asking to call the doctor directly. Called the doctor and she said this is very very rare. They shouldn’t have been able to see the gestational sac with my betas below 1500. This is not scientific at all. My betas rose to 300, so it’s rising appropriately. She said she is downright confused. They think I got pregnant twice in the same month... two separate pregnancies. I only had sex the three days leading up to and on ovulation and then went out of town to another state.

11. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: What a relief!! And that is the weirdest thing ever. I wonder if they're trying to cover their butts right now??

12. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: spoken like a true lawyer! Two pregnancies in one month my ass!

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@dc yoga bee: While I try not to give out medical advice on HB, I will say that 1st trimester transvaginal US is within my scope of practice, and the older thinking was that under 1500, you won't be able to see anything. More recent studies have shown that that number isn't as firm as we thought it was, and now in the ED where I work, we scan everyone with a positive HCG, regardless of LMP or how far they say they are, because you just never know. Not saying anything bad about your doc, but that recommendation just came out last year, so she might not be up to speed.

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

December 2018 Moms

12/2: @YellowBeach (#2)
    12/3: @LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/4: @DC Yoga Bee (#2)
    12/5: @MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/8: @LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/12: @MediaGirl (#2)

15. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

I just got my BFP yesterday night. I did a digital test and then the First Response test was pretty dark at 11dpo.

EDD: 12/16/2018

First child? Number 2. My first child is a little girl born in Jan. 2017

Any symptoms? My body is very sensitive to both estrogen and progesterone. With estrogen I'm wide awake, have a small appetite, diarrhea, and I'm tachycardic (I have mild POTS). I have several bad joints, but my worst one currently is my right hip and the pain flares so bad with estrogen. When I have high progesterone levels I'm very sleepy, starving, constipated, have trouble focusing, and my pain levels are much lower. Usually in the 2 week wait I have predominantly high progesterone symptoms, but when I got pregnant with my first baby, and now this one, I had some high estrogen symptoms.

Who have you told? My husband (obvious XD) parents, grandma, 2 close friends, and my godsister. I hesitate to tell my little sister because she wants to have kids but is not at a great time in her career to do so, and I don't want to make her sad

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I'm surprised I got a BFP on my first postpartum cycle. It took us a year to conceive our first daughter, and I ended up resorting to fertility accupuncture. I got pregnant with my first daughter before the appointment with an RE XD I stopped breastfeeding when my daughter was 12 months, and we figured it would take at least a year for this next baby. We had sex every other day during my fertile period until I ovulated and got my BFP at 10 dpo. I realize it is still early, and this might be a miscarriage. I'm okay with that mentally. I had a chemical pregnancy before I conceived my daughter.

Also, the last pregnancy was brutal. I have a genetic disease, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Type III, which predisposes me to lots of health issues and joint damage. I've had multiple hip preservation surgeries, and my case is so complicated not even the experts are really sure what to do at this point since my last surgery failed in 2014. My pain levels were awful in the third trimester. My hip was partially dislocating on a daily basis, and I would only sleep 3-4 hours a day because the pain was so intense. Also, I developed pre-eclampsia, and had to do an emergency C-section. The funny thing was that I was scheduled for a C-section b/c we were worried my right hip would fully dislocate during birth. I had the emergency C-section 36 hours prior to my scheduled one. Due to my EDS anesthetic doesn't work so well. Knowing this I had talked to my doctor about administering conscious sedation as soon as baby was delivered because I had a feeling the anesthetic wouldn't work so well. The nurse and anesthesiologist talked me out of it because they said it would make it more difficult to bond with my baby. I had a spinal and an epidural, and it felt like I was being disemboweled D: Horrific pain and a horrible experience. They couldn't give me anymore of the spinal anesthetic because they had given me so much my whole body was shaking uncontrollably and my BP was low (even with the pre-eclampsia) When they got my daughter out and wrapped her up they asked me if I wanted to hold her and I told them no because I was flailing my arms around (my lower half was paralyzed) and I didn't want to hurt her. My husband had to blast music in my ear so I could transcend into a different realm, and they gave me some boluses of fentanyl, which helped, but it was still brutal. So, they aren't talking me out of it this time XD As soon as baby is out, I want to be sedated. They don't know EDS like I do, and this is a common problem for women with EDS.

Also, if this is a viable pregnancy this baby will be born like a month before my first daughters 2nd birthday O.O It's also super close to Christmas, so I'm worried about the timing. Starting in late Nov. there is Thanksgiving, baby #2, husband's birthday, Christmas, DD1 birthday in Jan. I am excited, overjoyed, and a bit terrified. Due to my difficult pregnancies and age (I'm 33 now) we only plan on having two kids. I need another hip surgery, but it will have to wait until after this 2nd baby. There is no guarantee that a 4th hip preservation surgery will help since I have a complicated case, and this has been going on since 2009. Various other joints will need surgery too, so that's just part of having EDS

16. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@yellowbeach: Thanks! And they’re Shady Grove. They’re supposed to be a “leader” in the industry. Now they’re running around like a chicken with its head cut off. They called me three times today trying to provide “theories.” Absolutely ridiculous!

17. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@thepaperbutterfly: welcome!

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@thepaperbutterfly: Welcome and congrats! Thanks for sharing your painful birth story. EDS is not a fun disease - I see lots of patients with it in my job. I too had an emergent delivery for health reasons and often feel I have PTSD from it. It often colors how I'm feeling towards this pregnancy.

19. mediagirl

@thepaperbutterfly: welcome! A December baby is a definite challenge. We have:
    Dec 1: husband
    Dec 12: due date
    Dec 14: my mom
    Dec 25: his dad/Christmas

It's going to be so stressful! And then of course hospitals close their doors to siblings during flu season so my lo is going to be devastated not being able to meet her new siblings in the hospital. Bah.

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mediagirl: oh wow! I didn’t know that. I have a May baby so it was definitely hot Memorial Day weekend when I had her! That stinks siblings can’t come, but I understand cold and flu. Will you have family over to meet new baby during flu season? I imagine the in-laws would want to visit for Christmas.... yikes!

21. mediagirl

@dc yoga bee: my inlaws will be living nearby by then so they will come. My parents have a trip scheduled for all of December (my mom is going to be sooooo sad) but they'll meet the baby Christmas eve. I'm going to be the crazy mom and make them get flu shots and whooping cough shots before coming, though.

22. mediagirl

@dc yoga bee: and yeah, my daughter is a June baby so this will be all new for me, too! Will lots of family want to visit you?

23. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mediagirl: my in-laws and sis-in-law and her husband. And they’ll want to stay with us since they live down south.

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

My parents keep talking about how we’ll be spending Christmas with them. In AZ. We’re in NY. Sooo yeah that won’t be happening...

25. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: my in laws pitched a fit to get dd first Christmas. After that 12 hour drive when she was 7 months old we said never again.Christmas is in our own house.

26. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh, we travel a bunch! When she was itty and now lol (like 3 vacations while on maternity leave I think lol). But 2-3 weeks old isn’t happening. Especially not cross country.

27. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: Oh, we travel too, just not on Christmas. I hate how they always try to act like we have to spend Christmas at their house. We own our home too and it’s special and we want to create memories in our own home. They’re welcome to come up for Christmas, and we travel for other holidays. That’s just the sacred one in our house lol. We invite them on trips (Disney last year) and beach trips and go to their house for thanksgiving.

28. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

We don't travel at Christmas anymore either - same reasons as so many of you and even more this year with a brand new baby.
    DD has a Nov 10 bday (we skipped TTC in Feb because she and this baby could have had the exact same due date) so it's a hectic time of year for us too. We traveled home (only a 3ish hr drive) when she was itty bitty for her first Christmas, but we also had a wedding to be in/attend so it worked out. Her second Christmas we traveled 10+ hrs to my parents cabin in TN which was a great experience actually. So, they each got a holiday with her (just like we'd been alternating in the years past without kids) and now we stay home. Mostly it's about the stress and travel, but it's also about our kids making holiday memories in their own homes, sleeping in their own beds Christmas Eve, and waking up to presents under their own Christmas tree. Something we'll just continue this year with the new addition.
    I expect both families will come down either for or around Christmas to visit us but they don't stay with us so that will be a nice buffer.

@mediagirl I had no idea some hospitals closed to siblings during flu season! We didn't want any visitors really (only my in-laws came to the hospital after she was born) and had no siblings to consider then. The practice I see is under construction for a new office and separate birthing center for the midwife group. They should open in the Fall so I am really hoping they stay on schedule and I can give birth there. I had a great experience at the hospital for my first with the same practice but a birthing center with the same care team would be ideal.

29. mediagirl

I'm looking for a good pregnancy app to track and after reading this from the first one I downloaded, I immediately deleted it....no cold foods!! Man.

30. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: No carbonated beverages? My seltzer water keeps me going - no way I can give that up!
    What app was this btw? I'm also looking for a good one too.

31. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: it was pregnancy tracker. I ended up getting the Ovia one, which I really like.

32. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Nice! I was looking at Ovia and Glow - I used both when I was tracking my cycle/ovulation and didn't know which I'd go with for the preganacy. Ovia is so pretty

33. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@lindseykaye: @mediagirl: also check out Sprout and Pregnancy +. Soooo pretty.

34. mediagirl

@dc yoga bee: oh, nice! I like that one, thanks.

35. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@mediagirl: totally lurking from the October 2018 moms board but I really like “The Bump” app. It’s super clean, has new articles every day based on where you’re at week wise.

36. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

RE was excited about today’s rise. 565! Headed to my OB today with my labs since the RE wants a 7th beta. They know they messed up and are hoping it’s ectopic. They want another ultrasound Monday. I said why so you can say you don’t see anything again and tell me it might be ectopic and do ten more betas??

37. mediagirl

@dc yoga bee: are you kidding me!? I'm glad you're going to your OB now. Hoping it's ectopic!? They said that?

38. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@dc yoga bee: For real a medical professional said they HOPE it's ectopic? That's pretty awful Glad you're moving to your OB and glad you've got such a good outlook and some other perspectives otherwise what it sounds like your RE's been saying could have really messed with you mentally and even put this pregnancy at risk.

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@lindseykaye: @mediagirl: no no, I’m saying they know they messed up and are hoping it’s an ectopic!! Lol they didn’t say that. They just keep saying they think it may be ectopic. Based on the first two numbers being low.

40. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@dc yoga bee: but they saw everything IN YOUR UTERUS. Do they think there is a second baby in a tube?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee