Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

My husband just got home from work. I told him I love him, but I've had a very bloody day, I'm going to take a hot shower by myself (no toddler) and he is in charge of the toddler and dinner. I'm betting we eat fast food, but I don't care

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: I can’t twll you how much I appreciate that decisiveness. Hoping the AF from hell lets up soon.

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: we ended up having McDonald's 😂. He let Sam pick since "mom said she wouldn't nix a single suggestion".

Period has let up a tiny bit, but the hot flashes are full force 🔥☀🏜🌴🌵

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

CD 6 - No sticks yet ... I believe I may begin either tomorrow or CD 8.
    I've been taking my Tempdrop temps and not looking at them (* they automatically sync with OvuView) since CD1. Today, I began oral temping so I will be able to verify my thermal shift when I OV ... 5 days post-OV, I shall stop.
    My cycle thus far:
    3 AF days, 3 days light spotting... fun stuff. DH and I decided that we will BD tomorrow morning since I [usually] OV pretty early but my "expected fertile dates" put me anywhere from Saturday until Thanksgiving. I'm hoping this will be our "lucky" cycle.

5. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Waiting for the wand (and out transfer plan)!

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@SamsMom: looks like my tentative transfer date is 12/3, so that will make my beta and POAS date 12/12! Eeeek! 🎅🎄

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Congratulations! That is SOOOOOOOO EXCITING! 😁

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: better go home and get my eggnog in now! 🤣 it’s not lost on me though that our transfer date is the day after our EDD for DD#2. We have to adjust our vacation plans to stay local, but that’s a small price to pay. I’m thinking B&B on the Chesapeake Bay.

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

⛄🎄 December 2018 POAS 🎄⛄

12/2: Paranundrum
    12/4: Sam's Mom
    12/5: Kaohinani
    12/12: Yellowbeach

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: That sounds absolutely lovely! And, I'm hoping that the close proximity between your transfer date and EDD lends for an abundance of luck with this transfer ... There was a similar story posted on the "What Matters" site where a woman went through IVF close to the date of her EDD for the son she lost 5 mos earlier (natural loss) and it took. She and her husband used the name that they were to name her son who miscarried as the middle name for her rainbow baby son bc she believed that DS1 nurtured the embie of DS2 to survive when 2 other IVF transfers hadn't. I've been thinking of this story the ENTIRE time you have been discussing your plans for another FET and the fact your DD2s EDD is approaching. I hope that mother's story (albeit a bit different) becomes yours, and you get YOUR rainbow this cycle. 🤞🌈

11. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Jumping over here, even though I’ll probably poas at the end of the month because I have no patience.
    No positive opk so far today, but I’m hoping I was just gearing up yesterday since my tests are pretty dark still.
    I’m super emotional and flustered today, so hormones are definitely kicking it in to high gear

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: woo hoo! Hopefully the timing means good things

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Holy hot flashes! Also have a headache, my stomach hurts, all sorts of congestion, and occasional chest pains (that I'm 90% sure isn't heartburn) I don't know what the hell is going on 😭

14. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: you get the worst symptoms, that sucks!

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: For that very reason, I think this will be my last medicated cycle. I don't know what to do about all of the side effects, this is the first time I've been on prescription meds that weren't thyroid meds or the occasional pain pill. I did find out I metabolize spinal block faster than they want right after my c section... So maybe meds just don't like me.

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow! Those symptoms are terrible! Do you think the cocktail of medications may be having an adverse effect or even a gross magnification on side effects? I metabolize medication (and anesthesia) quickly and usually need 2x the dose for my weight but, I (typically) do not incur such horrible effects as you display. You make me worry, sometimes.

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'll survive or keal over; I prefer the surviving and conceiving to the latter option. Its funny that the only med that doesn't go over board on me is Benadryl 😂 like I can take 2 and go to work all day, where as my sisters take 1 let alone 2 and they're drooling on themselves in 30 minutes.

18. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@LAZB: how high do the numbers go on the app you’re using? It looks pretty close.

Apparently I’m nowhere near ov, as expected. :(. Ah well. Trying to distract myself with other life things.

@yellowbeach: that is very exciting. It’s nice to have a plan in place.

19. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Petitduck: no idea, I just started using it yesterday. I wish I had started testing earlier! I’m only cd10 today, so I though I was already testing on the early side

20. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@LAZB: what app is it? I didn’t know if it went up to 100 or something. Like 100% means you’re ovulating, high five! Haha One of my apps, the one that goes with easy@home strips uses 65 as the positive opk number. I don’t understand it, but haven’t really looked into it either. The whole thing is just a big old crapshoot to me right now.

I started testing on day 9 and I usually get a positive on day 18. Seems like a mistake as I have gotten super pale ones every day basically. It’s a long wait to get a +opk over here.

21. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Petitduck: it’s fermometer. I just searched yesterday and found it, we will see how accurate it is! It looks like 80-100 is “peak” and 10-79 is “high”.
    I’ll keep testing for a few days because I still have dark-ish lines, I’m not convinced I really ovulated, but we will see

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Petitduck: also, I usually am a late ovulation too, so I hear you on the long wait to O. If I don’t use medication I usually O around cd23/24, and with clomid it’s usually cd15ish. That’s another reason that I’m not convinced I’m already Oing (even though last month I did on cd9/10)

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I forgot to take my femara this morning 😭, I called the nurse to see if I need to try to go home or if it can wait until this evening.

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Oh, no! Did the OBGYN'S office get back to you? I would believe you would be able to take them as soon as you got home from work (as long as you remembered then). Could Sam's nanny or DH bring them to you?

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I haven't heard back from her yet, but I texted my husband to see if he's available. Sam is at her house today so that would be all the way across town and back for her too.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

CD 7 here.
    --' "Low" on CBEAD ... no surprise there. 💁‍♀️ DTD this morning anyway 😉🙈🙉🙊 because SMEP is the way we roll. 🤣 Tons of energy and bloated. Feeling like a rockstar 👩🎤.

I'm hoping everyone else has a spectacular day.

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow, that stinks. 😕🤔 I really hope they get back to you soon. If not to make certain you stay on track with your medication, then atleast for your peace of mind.

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: It's "not ideal", so it looks like I will be going home on lunch to take them, if my husband doesn't manage to get it to me before then.

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: so my husband said he'd bring me my medicine and lunch. Well he brought me Chick-fil-A 😍, and forgot my medicine 😂

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: He seems like a sweetheart, albeit, a forgetful one. 😉🤣 I've got one of those as well. Best guy ever ... worst memory in the world. 😂🤣😂🤣😂

31. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: oh man! That’s actually one of the reasons I take my meds at night, easier for me to remember

32. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@LAZB: what happened with them today? My app says 37 today. So it has shifted a little darker finally. My body seems to be clockwork right now to get a + on day 18 and this month will be the same. Everything is just such a long wait! Trying to be optimistic and positive this month.

@Sams Mom: aww. He tried.

33. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Petitduck: they have kind of just stayed at varying degrees of “High” readings. It’s definitely making me think my “peak” reading was not a true peak, but we will see

34. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Whoops, here’s the pic

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: Sometimes I take mine at night, but it seems to me that I get worse side effects if I take them in the evening. I know that sounds crazy, and counter intuitive... But meds in general are crazy with me.

36. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@LAZB: opks are annoying. Ugh. You’re temping too? I forget/ hard to keep track of what people are and aren’t doing. I also find it weird/ interesting how everyone has different lh patterns and opk reads. I tried to explain to a friend how I get a fade in and dark and fade out and always have a pale line and she was confused and said that did not happen for her. She just got a positive and then nothing.

37. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

The photographer who has done most of DDs baby pics is running this totally cute promo for Christmas. I want this so badly for our Christmas cards but the studio date it the day before transfer, and I’m already in hot water with DH having to do a staycation instead of Key West. Ugh I want!

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: he'll get over it, because that is freaking adorable! Key West isn't going anywhere for now as far as I know!

ETA: Sam has those pajamas for his Christmas jammies this year. 😍

39. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: I’m a little conflicted though - I already bought our Christmas jammies for this year but don’t think the colors will be good with this. Could we get away with usual casual clothes and still have it be so cute?

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: ummmmm use the star wars ones lady! Those are amaze-balls!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee