Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 POAS

1. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@yellowbeach: you're so sweet. One of my best friends is a DO who specializes in family care, and she's said the exact same thing (with the caveat of "if you even think you MIGHT have some discomfort, run, don't walk, to the nearest ER"). Betas and TVUS sound like the most reasonable measures to me. I just would like some answers, one way or the other, so I know to either move on or let my guard down. Hoping my betas from today come back as over 1000 miu/ml so I can try to bargain my way into a TVUS as a next step (instead of a secondary beta).

2. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Kaohinani: @yellobeach: @kaohinani: thanks for the insight on this ladies!! Hoping for a sticky bean at this point then still canโ€™t believe it.... will be more believable once AF doesnโ€™t show up.

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@smuckers: Ah yes - definitely in her wheelhouse, too. So what time will you get your results, because you know, I may or may not be hitting refresh on here.

4. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@yellowbeach: They said that it would be sometime today. Could be this afternoon, could be after 5? IDK. Lightly spotting again, but not enough to show up on a pad or anything. So whoooooo the hell knows what's going on.

5. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@yellowbeach: betas came back at 2377. Iโ€™ve had some cramping today (still very very light spotting, too). Cramping tends to be on one side so, dr wants an ultrasound tomorrow at the latest. Going into the hospital for a 10:30 appointment.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@smuckers: Sorry, lurking since I was waiting for your results as well ... those are phenomenal numbers but since you stated you began cramping (which can be normal in pregnancy, but not along with bleeding), I'm holding off on getting "super excited" for you. I am holding out hope though that this BFP will be fine.

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@smuckers: those are great numbers! Hopefully everything turns out fine with the TVUS. Keep us posted

8. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@smuckers: that was me last week (sporting, but heavier than that and one sided cramping ). Hope it all turns out alright!

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: the Caucasian fir is beautiful too! I totally get the Norway spruce though, we have a wind break of them next to our house and they smell amazing!

We have had Douglas and Fraser firs in the past, but have a white fir this year. We put ours up the day after Thanksgiving (my husband won't let it any sooner), and I have to vacuum or sweep under it daily, but it's still looking really good.

Make sure to share pictures when it's up and decorated.

10. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@smuckers: fingers crossed for you that everything is good for both you and little bean!

Kaohinani: whatโ€™s the update on your chin zits?! Have any showed up?! Any new symptoms?

11. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: Oooh, white firs look beautiful! I had to google it, I don't think we can buy it anywhere over here. We don't have many options.

We ended up getting a Norway spruce and it makes me so happy! We got some great pointers how to keep it looking nice longer and we bought some kind of nutrient solution they called "needle glue". Our tree is currently having it's 24h soak in a bucket of water with said solution. We'll put it up tonight.
    We don't decorate lavishly, just some lights and a few ornaments, the place for our tree is right in the middle of my pup's flight path and it's not unheard of that she tries to jump through the branches the whole thing falls over. Nothing breakable goes on there. But I guess I can take a few pictures when we're done.

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. K: Zitless chin over here at 6 dpo. No symptoms otherwise. IDK if it is reflective of my dietary change in the last 2 weeks or a cyclic shift. Either way, my skin looks lovely.
    Now, on to you ... With all of the beautiful HPTs, when may I slap that BFP on the board next to your name? ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@smuckers: Good luck on your U/S today. ๐Ÿคž Keeping my fingers crossed for awesome news.

14. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Kaohinani: I guess I should trust the BFPs Iโ€™m getting at this point (as I continue to POAS EVERY morning) ๐Ÿ˜‚ go ahead and update me โค๏ธwhat is this dietary change you have made? Fingers crossed the skin change is precursor to a BFP! Wanting this month to be the one for you!

@smuckers: thinking of you and canโ€™t wait to hear how things go today

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. K: My RE and neurologist have me back on the ketogenic diet as I wean myself off of my anticonvulsant medication. The medication I take is not safe for fetal development. I was on a keto diet with my DD and, with my DS, I was on another anticonvulsant before being placed on a modified keto diet. This time, the RE wants me to start BEFORE I become pregnant. (I never lose weight on it as most people do since it forces me to eat MORE calories than my usual gf low fat diet does. ... But I am a fairly smallish person so I am not too concerned besides the Clomid weight I put on.) It would be lovely if my dietary changes shifted my hormones just enough to get me pregnant without the medication and IUI though! Thank you for being my cheerleader!
    I'm going to update our board BFPs immediately as I'm "super excited" over your BFP! ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ

Affixed is photo evidence of my 6 dpo acne-free chin. (* I know, I am such a goof. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ)

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 26 update -

โ›„๐ŸŽ„ December 2018 POAS ๐ŸŽ„โ›„

11/28: Petitduck -
    12/1: Lazb -
    12/2: Blythe -
    12/2: Paranundrum
    12/3: JessieMuller88
    12/4: Sam's Mom
    12/5: Kaohinani
    12/7: Clementine12 -
    12/12: Yellowbeach
    12/17: Creativemomma15
    12/24: Bananasareyellow
    12/26: Mrs.B
    2/28: Paranundrum
    12/29: Kaohinani
    2/31: Youboots
    1/2: Blythe
    TBD: Autumnmama79, MrsKansas, Rswan18
    Drop-In BFP: MenagerieMama -
    Drop-In BFP: Doodle -
    Drop-In BFP: Mrs K -

Good luck, ladies!

๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธAmazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    - Karenbme
    - Mamabear87
    - Bhbee
    - Skinnycow

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@jessiemuller88: You crossed my mind this morning. I figured that I would check in. I'm hoping everything is going well with you! ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Kaohinani: Were you able to control all seizures while on the ketogenic diet? I find it fascinating how diet has such a huge impact on our overall health. I was diagnosed with GERD with signs of Barretโ€™s esophagus about 10 years ago and had to take a PPI to control My symptoms. Once my Barretโ€™s healed I got off my medication and with diet changes was able to control a lot of my symptoms. I figured I would one day need to get off of it for pregnancy anyway, so why not now? They say the gut is the second brain and it couldnโ€™t be more true. Anyhow, I hope the ketogenic diet gets your body in the right place to conceive quickly (that is, if you havenโ€™t already! ) cant wait for your POAS date!! Also, chin skin is on point! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ looking good! ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you for your shared excitement of my BFP I feel bad that I havenโ€™t been in the trenches long with you ladies and just popped up with a BFP but Iโ€™m rooting for every single one of you to get that BFP ASAP!! I hope it happens sooner rather than later for everyone

19. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

Sorry to post and run. Work is crazy. But please send sticky thoughts! FF thinks I'm 7 dpo but I could be 8. FX it gets darker this time!

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@bananasareyellow: Aaaahhhh! I see something! ๐Ÿ˜ Fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž for some progression and that it is sticky!!! ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. K: Changes in diet can be amazing! As to respond- Yes, I was virtually seizure-free in both full-term pregnancies. I was COMPLETELY seizure free my entire first pregnancy until the very end (due to preeclampsia and a reaction to the Pitocin) which resulted in an emergency CS. I had a single partial seizure during my pregnancy with DS (while on Vimpat which is what they put me on instead of my Topamax). Soon after, I was placed on a modified ketogenic diet and removed from all of my anticonvulsant medications while being monitored 3x a week for the remainder of the pregnancy. I had a scheduled CS with DS.

Please, don't feel guilty for having your BFP after being with us for a short time. Each of us has our own TTC and fertility story ... some just have longer or rockier tales than others. ๐Ÿ˜‰ No shame in any of it. Besides, you are such a sweetheart, I don't believe anyone could possibly become upset with you simply because you wanted to tactfully share your good news on a board that was meant for that purpose.

22. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@bananasareyellow: oh yay! Hope it darkens up nicely on the next few days.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Petitduck: How have you been? Have you told anyone yet?

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs. K: don't feel bad! Kaohinani, Yellowbeach, and I will hopefully hit the lottery together and be a giant shit show on the due date boards instead of the POAS boards.

We're all very happy for your BFP!

@bananasareyellow: woot woot lady! Praying this one is superglued in there for you!

25. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@yellowbeach: @Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: @Mrs. K:

Itโ€™s not ectopic!!!!! HOORAY!!

We did see a sac but nothing in it. Beta numbers will confirm for me tomorrow whether or not itโ€™s a sticky bean (Iโ€™m still spotting so I think probably not) but ITโ€™S NOT ECTOPIC!!

26. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@bananasareyellow: yay!!!! Osom for the win!!!!

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@smuckers: great news!

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

AFM, I'm getting high but not peak readings on my OPKs CD9, so I am predicting a positive tonight or tomorrow. Lots and lots and lots of EWCM this month, where as I haven't had a lot of it during my femara cycles. Also, I am cautiously optimistic at the moment. Like very very very cautious at this juncture. But we are speaking with a lawyer friend about the cost and expectations of a private adoption because a family member's employee is wanting to privately adopt her baby due in July/August. I know we have a lot of hurtles on our side and hers between here and there, but I really want this to work.

29. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@smuckers: Hurray!!! Fingers crossed for a rising beta tomorrow!

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@smuckers: WOOT WOOT!!! So happy for you!

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@smuckers: Wow! That is AH-MAZING news!!!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰ I am so excited for you! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a 2nd set of awesome betas! ๐Ÿคž

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: "Yay!" for a good looking natural cycle!!! ๐Ÿ˜

P.S. Have you received my email re: adoption news? So exciting!

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Pretty sure I'll have a positive tonight or tomorrow, so I'm looking at CD10 or 11 ovulation ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Top is yesterday afternoon, bottom is today just before noon

34. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Kaohinani: Iโ€™m alright. Just my parents (and hubby) because my dad wouldnโ€™t take no for an answer with some wine. I have an ultrasound on the 28th and then Iโ€™ll know for sure. I should be 8 weeks then. Iโ€™m crossing all my everythings.

@smuckers: yay! A relief. I was relieved when they told me mine wasnโ€™t ectopic and now Iโ€™m just in limbo waiting for another scan.

@Sams Mom: is that a regular timeframe for you to o?

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Petitduck: not at all. Pre meds I was CD13-14, medicated CD14-15 ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

36. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Sams Mom: curious! Are you feeling better now med-free this time?

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Petitduck: my boobs hurt, I've had some ovary pain similar to early clomid cycles. It's different and sometimes different is good. ๐Ÿคž

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

There have been so many BFPs between Nov and Dec that I am just absolutely itching to get mine. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
    #TerriblyHopefullyWishingforAChristmasMiracle ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŽ„

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I think I've gotten into someone's head with all of my "Oooh, different is good. Look on the bright side."
    ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ You have to admit that I'm an infectious kinda good. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm all for grasping at straws at this point.

My family member said her employee wanted to talk to her some today after she gets to work. Hopefully that leads to her wanting to talk to me (and eventually my husband). ahhhhhh

I swear, I must seem like a crazy person with all of these weird chances at adopting a child. But I like to share, but not with people that see me daily in real life so if it doesn't work out I don't have to hide emotions.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee