Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: And I thought I was having a sh!t day by missing our chance to home IUI/ICI. I'm so sorry. πŸ˜• *hugs* I'm sure things will begin to look up soon.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: ummmmmm, I'm confused. I want to say you ovulated last night ish based on temps but your LH is throwing that off. Can't make heads or tails of them, even on their own.

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: mother lover! Is it administered in sections where you can only retake a part of it or is it all or nothing?

That fucking blows!

4. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm so sorry. That really sucks. Have some wine, lady.

@Kaohinani: I think only time will tell. It's possible you missed a short surge, but equally possible that today's temp was a fluke. I'd recommend that you proceed as if you didn't o for now and see what your opks and temps do over the weekend.

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I think you may be correct. IDK. My OPKs are getting lighter so, either the first or second "almost surge" was the tail end of my surge. In any case, I OVed really early but DH and I BD 4 days in a row so it is what it is at this point. I'm curious what FF will mark for my OV date.

@Bananasareyellow: Thank you. πŸ™‚ I think I will keep checking my LH levels and DH and I will start BD-ing every other day from today until AF (or atleast the best we can). I'm going to keep an eye on my oral and TD BBT as well. This is one oddball cycle already. 🀨

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: oh no, I’m sorry! That just plain sucks

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: now that is confusing! I have no idea!

8. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@yellowbeach: damn. So sorry. That sucks hard. You can only take it once a year?

ETA: my friend is a radiologist and had to take her test 3 times before she got what the acceptable passing grade is. I think it was only once or twice a year you could take it. It’s so shitty.

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Petitduck: yep once a year πŸ˜”

10. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@yellowbeach: damn. I hope 2019 is your year. For everything.

11. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

So. Long time lurker, was planning on joining you guys next year sometime. Have DD, she’s 18m. Took 2 years and 3 cycles of clomid to get pregnant with her.

DH and I knew we wanted at least 2 kids. Pulled the goalie 2 cycles(?) ago knowing it would take a while and thinking it would be fun to go into this relaxed and ready. Planning to actively TTC in May after DD turns 2.

I think you can see where this is heading. Have been feeling really gaggy for the past few days. But I bled for 6 days 15 days ago. Red blood, normal period amount (maybe a bit heavier).

Didn’t have any HPTs so took an expired OPK. Positive. But according to FF I should be ovulating now anyway so maybe just that. Grabbed a cheapie test while out today. Positive before it even got to the control line.

No idea how to feel. Not upset by any means, but I JUST bled. A lot. Wondering if I miscarried or what the truck is going on. No idea how far along I would even be. Picture is 1 minute after taking HPT. Would love some opinions on the situation (miscarriage? Sticky bean? Schrodingers uterus?)

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@smuckers: was it just blood? Clots? Cramps?

I mean, that is POSITIVE. But I also have no experience with how fast hcg drops if it MIGHT be a miscarriage. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

@Kaohinani: is the Schrodinger's expert here πŸ˜‚
    I'd probably call for an appointment though. Maybe ask for betas, or take another test in a couple days and see what it says?

Tentative congratulations though.

13. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@Sams Mom: just blood, no clots or cramps. But like, I just assumed it was my period. It was earlier than I expected and a little longer than usual (by a day or so). And RIGHT?! If it was light I’d be like β€œOh probably a miscarriage”, but damn. I’ll for sure be calling for an appointment and/or betas on Monday.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@smuckers: Wow, that is blazing BFP. As to having a bleed, many women bleed mid-cycle for a plethora of reasons (* illness, hormonal shifts, ovulation spotting, implantation bleed, bleeding from fibroids and cysts, cervical bleeds from BD-ing, and AF) and some women even have what appears to be a normal period when, in actuality, they are pregnant. In the latter situation, the bleed is similar to a traditional AF (or lesser) and is red, red-brown, or pinkish blood but never reddish-purple or deep red with clots (which is indicative of both AF and miscarriage). As for you, specifically, I would assume you to, indeed, be pregnant (Yay!) and call your OBGYN or PCP to request a beta with a follow- up, stat. If you wish, until Monday or atleast until you receive your 1st betas, believe yourself to be the vessel for Schrodinger's Cat-baby 🐱 (* I do this every month πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚).
    Please, get back to us with your results and we will add you to the board! 😁

15. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@Kaohinani: honestly I wasn’t paying super close attention to the kind of period I was having, if that makes sense? I saw it was all red, and I had some pretty heavy days, but I don’t remember having any clots at all. It was also 4 days earlier and about a day and a half longer than expected/usual.

Acting as if pregnant, even if not. Better to assume yes than no in this case, i think. I do mourn the unopened 12 pack of Mt Dew at home, though 😭

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@smuckers: I'm betting on "SUPER PREGNANT." πŸ˜‰πŸ™‚ Early "periods" usually denote implantation. Implantation bleeds are usually a bit lighter than AF and are red or red-pink in color although brown-tinged mucous is also not uncommon. Most often, IB is shorter than an AF but it is not unheard of for a woman to bleed for up to 4 days.
    I'm itching to put you up on the board as a BFP! πŸ˜‚

17. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@Kaohinani: I bled for 6! And it was NOT lighter. You can put me on if you want, I’m just not convinced it’s sticky yet.

18. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@smuckers: Wow that's a great line!! I bet you were shocked! Definitely call your doc - likely you just had heavy implantation bleeding and all is well, but that amount of bleeding followed by a positive hpt deserves an ultrasound (sooner rather than later) to rule-out an ectopic. If you're 6 weeks an ultrasound should be able to determine the location of the pregnancy. Good luck! Please report back!

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@smuckers: I'm pretty trigger-happy with BFPs πŸ˜‰ ... I will wait until you have a definitive beta and you are more comfortable that this will be a sticky little bean πŸ₯œ. 🀞😁

20. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@bananasareyellow: shocked for SURE. Not sure how to feel at this point, other than pleased that I was capable of getting pregnant so easily. Not letting myself get excited until I get a dating ultrasound or betas.

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Another CD9 OV confirmed. πŸ™„ No chance to use our home kit but 4 days in a row of BD-ING... 🀞

22. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: We're almost cycle buddies again. I'm pretty sure ov was on cd14, the 14th and FF will confirm tomorrow.

We were only able to hit O-1 though as 'tis the season to be stressed and exhausted fa-la-la-la-la-laaa-la-la-la-laa!
    But it's better than nothing.

@yellowbeach: I'm so sorry about everything. Hoping next year will be your year.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Yay! I love having a cycle buddy! I agree, while it may be a joyous time of year, it is hands down the most stressful!

24. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

I’ve been MIA this month mostly because DH and I are applying for new jobs and it’s been taxing as hell and we have been under so much stress that we really only BD’d twice (?). I pretty much counted myself out this mo th but my period is due is about 5 days and after a night of some heavy wine I thought I better test just to be sure I’m out and give myself the go to continue enjoying my wine until AF shows up.

Not sure what to make out of it? Because it’s still early I hope I’m not catching a CP or getting a false positive with a crappy FRER since I’ve heard there have been some false alarms out there.... thoughts? Also, I have no pregnancy symptoms but have also not experienced the crampiness I’ve been getting preperiod.

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. K: THAT is definitely a BFP! 😁 It doesn't even look like an indent as it has color, is where it should be, is thick, and is consistent from one end to the next! Congratulations! πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ Would you like me to put you on the board as a BFP or wait until the day of your missed AF?

26. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Kaohinani: do you really think so?? I guess I’m in total denial.... should I test this afternoon again or wait until tomorrow? I know it only takes once but I can’t believe it... weren’t other people having bad luck with the FRERs?

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. K: Absolutely! πŸ‘ You can test tonight with a FRER (2 hour hold or atleast make certain that your urine is not diluted). It would probably be even darker in the morning using FMU. HCG doubles every 48-72 hours so by Tuesday you "should" see a definite darkening in your lines. I would take another tonight just to verify it is a BFP. Then another either Monday or Tuesday morning to guage an increase in HCG. From there, betas all the way. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜
    And, yes, people do have unlucky FRERS for many reasons: (1) they are super sensitive and can pick up on residual HCG in one's system (* cysts, cp, during a FET, hormonal medication, women with PCOS, menopause, etc will effect them), (2) they are prone to indents which have either no color or vvvvvvf color, and finally, (3) FRERS have been found to detect VERY HIGH levels of LH as HCG (* HPTs are not supposed to be able to do what OPKs do.).

28. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Kaohinani: good idea πŸ‘ Don’t count me as a bfp yet, I’m in major denial land right now... πŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺ will update with my next test!

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. K: Sounds good. I will wait for your update! 🀞🀞🀞

P.S. I added to my post in response to your curiosity over the validity of FRER sensitivity. πŸ˜‰

30. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Kaohinani: very interesting about the FRER issues people run into. I guess we could all save ourselves a lot of headache if we just waited for a missed period, but what fun would that be?!!?! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ™ˆ

31. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Mrs. K: that definitely looks positive! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Due to an early OV, I have to change my POAS date:

β›„πŸŽ„ December 2018 POAS πŸŽ„β›„

11/28: Petitduck -
    12/1: Lazb -
    12/2: Blythe -
    12/2: Paranundrum
    12/3: JessieMuller88
    12/4: Sam's Mom
    12/5: Kaohinani
    12/7: Clementine12 -
    12/12: Yellowbeach
    12/17: Creativemomma15
    12/24: Bananasareyellow
    12/26: Mrs.B
    2/28: Paranundrum
    12/29: Kaohinani
    2/31: Youboots
    1/2: Blythe
    TBD: Autumnmama79, MrsKansas, Rswan18
    Drop-In BFP: MenagerieMama -
    Drop-In BFP: Doodle -

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈAmazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    - Karenbme
    - Mamabear87
    - Bhbee
    - Skinnycow

33. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@yellowbeach: thank you! I’m cautiously optimistic.... I’m going to be POAS like crazy the next few days to convince myself this is real!

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

So, I'm pretty excited and I will probably jinx myself but I do not have my usual post OV chin zits yet ... I am having copious CM though (which is weird) and cramping at 3 dpo which is also unusual. I figure my hormones are on the fritz, hence the CD 9 OV. (* Small celebrations here for the no zits though! YAY!) πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: baby baby baby baby!

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Not on 3 dpo. Too early for anything. So hopeful though.

P.S. I emailed you our family's terrible family photos. Get ready to laugh. πŸ˜‚

37. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: Hey, a CD9 ovulation got me a BFP! Fingers crossed it's lucky for you

38. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Kaohinani: fingers crossed for you!! The tww is the worst!! Can’t wait for you to be able to test!

39. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: hey, I will still say baby every time

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Thank you, @Skinnycow: , @Mrs. K: , and @Sams Mom:

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee