Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 POAS

1. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

Um guys? We have been NTNP for the past 2 mo, I haven’t even weaned my 19 mo old completely. It always takes us 6+ mo to get pregnant, using OPKs, tracking, etc. Well you know where this is going, #3 is due 8/12! Gah! I’ve nevee had such a glaringly positive first test. I’m honestly kind of freaking out because I wanted a bigger gap between 2 and 3

Is there a Aug 2019 board yet? Anyone else panicking? I haven’t even told DH yet cuz I want to wait until the kids aren’t around. He thinks my eggs are a ticking time bomb (since I’m in my mid 30s) so I think he’ll be happier than me that it was fast. But I’ve also miscarried before so I’m still nervous too. Eek!

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MenagerieMama:

CONGRATULATIONS! 🎊🎉🎈
    I will add you to our list as a "drop-in BFP!" 😁👍

To respond, yes, we have an August 2019 Mama's board. I set it up a week or two back for a new mama who wanted it.
    Good luck!
    August mama's board:
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/august-2019-moms

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 22 update -
    ⛄🎄 December 2018 POAS 🎄⛄

11/28: Petitduck -
    12/1: Lazb -
    12/2: Blythe -
    12/2: Paranundrum
    12/3: JessieMuller88
    12/4: Sam's Mom
    12/5: Kaohinani
    12/7: Clementine12
    12/12: Yellowbeach
    12/17: Creativemomma15
    12/24: Bananasareyellow
    12/26: Mrs.B
    12/28: Paranundrum
    12/31: Youboots
    12/31: Kaohinani
    1/2: Blythe
    TBD: Autumnmama79, MrsKansas, Rswan18
    Drop-In BFP: MenagerieMama -

Good luck, ladies!

🙋‍♀️Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    - Karenbme
    - Mamabear87
    - Bhbee
    - Skinnycow

4. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: hi lady! Sorry to side track, but what home iui do you have? I was going to try that with a 10ml syringe (no needle obvs 🤣) but interested to see how it’s working for you!
    Am taking a couple months off to work with the recurrent loss clinic but thinking of trying this when the testing all comes back

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Hi, peaches! Great to see you!
    To respond- We will be using the Moise (www.moisebaby.com) and alternating days of traditional intercourse with days of home IUI in an attempt to see if my CM is hostile CM. The RE greenlit us for this and stated that with my husband having great SA numbers, we could even BD the evenings that we home IUI in the mornings if we feel up to it. If this cycle fails, then we know it isn't necessarily my CM, rather, my lining may be thin and I move on to using gonadotropins with estrogen (* probably Menopur) and clinical IUI.

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Um they told us 2-5” but we are now >12” and still going ❄😯❄️ I borrowed a snow suit from a neighbor for DD so tomorrow it’s snowtopia! ⛄

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I am soooooooo jealous! That is a lot of snow, and won't make it easy for minimum staffing and essential personnel like you and your husband... But it looks like so much fun 😁

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Wowza! That is quite a bit of snow to keep you and DD busy! 🌨☃️❄😁 Looks pretty. I'd freeze my arse off (stupid Raynaud's and May-Thurner's!) 🧣🧤!

9. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm right here! Thanks for checking in! You were right about me not being online before monday, I've had a busy weekend and no TTC updates. I'm at work now and just finished my morning tea and caching up on this thread. I should be working, but oh well. First things first.

I went to see my mother and siblings this weekend, but I mostly wanted to go and see the pup. She's grown a bit but still has super fluffy baby fur. So cute! (super sharp teeth too)
    We decorated the house a bit and baked gingerbread. I also cut a bagful of pine, fir and juniper branches to make a Christmas wreath for my own home. It's ready and hanging above my fireplace now. I love it. We won't get a tree until next week.

It's cd10 today and I just started temping again this morning. I'm expecting ov to be later this week. I should probably start using opks soon too... Where does the time go?

10. cake2017

persimmon / 1082 posts

@MenagerieMama: reading your post gives me hope! I have a 19 month old who is nursing before bed and naps. I don’t have really any milk supply but it worries me cause conceiving LO took awhile. This is great! Congratulations!

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

16 dpo over here, still negative, still confused (standard 14 day luteal phase)

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: 🤔

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: very strange!

14. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@cake2017: thanks! I’m now feeling terribly guilty about weaning her, but I never wanted to BF while pregnant (I actually wanted a break while I was neither one, ha!). I dropped her bedtime session last night, but she always expects milk after bath so tonight will be rough. My body just spends a ton of energy on milk production, even as minimal now, and I want to focus on either BF or pregnancy!

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm thinking either:
    (1) someone is pregnant but the HCG is not properly processing in her urine so a beta may be necessary OR
    (2) the progesterone is artificially lengthening a natural 14-day luteal to a sustained luteal. AF will only begin once progesterone is finished. It may also be causing weird symptoms (* You know all of my cycle non-symptoms and that my luteal is usually 16 but I have had 17/18 day luteal cycles in the past, naturally).

I am HOPING it is scenario #1. 🤞😉

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MenagerieMama: Hey hun, did you read the message I posted for you? I don't want you to think that no one responded.

17. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@Kaohinani: I did! Thanks! I think I’m still sort of in denial...

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: the only weird symptom aside from a throbbing vulva 🤦‍♀️ is I wake up, and I'm sweaty? everything is damp, but I'm not hot or cold really. I usually wake up if I'm sweating. 🤷‍♀️

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I would wait until a day or two after my last prog pill and test. If that happens to be 18 dpo, and AF has yet to arrive, schedule a beta for 19 or 20 dpo, especially if you keep getting BFN. Perhaps, your body is not processing the HCG properly in your urine into HPT-"readable" amounts. According to my research, many women with metabolic issues, PCOS, liver and/or kidney issues seem to find that they have this condition and end up with late BFPs OR beta-only positives. Perhaps (especially since you got a BFP at 6 weeks with Sam and neg at the doc's at 8 weeks), you fall into this category?

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Last pills will be taken tomorrow at 17 dpo/CD 31. In the past, my doctor has told me CD35 they will draw betas (based on my average of 26-28 day cycles).

I just want to move on or get a second line, is that too much to ask?

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: No ma'am. A completely reasonable wish. Honestly, that is how I survive month-to-month: Move on with AF or wait for the BFP.

22. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: So cons to quitting Prometrium 1 1/2 days early?

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: If you aren't preggers, you can start to bleed (or spot) early. If you are but do not know you are pregnant, and stop your medication before your physician requests you do, you chance (nominally) miscarrying due to a drop in progesterone levels which support pregnancy. Since you are SO close to the cut-off, I would just complete the course of treatment. You have 24+ hours.

Here is a bit more info including the fact that you (probably) could have used your tablets vaginally:
    https://fcionline.com/fertility-blog/ask-the-doctor-10-questions-about-progesterone-supplements/

24. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

Just popping in to say hello to everyone. I've been reading along, I'm just terrible at commenting when I'm on my phone.

@Kaohinani: I'm excited to hear about your RE appointment and that you have a plan for moving forward!

@MenagerieMama: Congrats on your surprise BFP!

@Sams Mom: I'm sorry you're having a confusing experience. I totally get wanting to be able to just move on!

@yellowbeach: Wishing you the best even though I think I've seen that you are feeling skeptical about this cycle

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Annnnnnd I'm out 😭 onward to the next cycle

26. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm so sorry!

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Ughhhh! That blows. You and me together babe. January 2019 FTW!

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: @Kaohinani: we need to get our shit together. Uterus, eggs, sperm, embryos are going to have to get on board with this whole baby thing

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Hey, mama, I'm in between finals today. (My students are also scheduling counseling meetings with me so I may suggest appropriate courses for them for next semester so today is a crazy-hectic side show of confused young adults ambling around like this is some weird college-themed club scene 👨🎤👩🎤💃🕺... minus the liquor that I could use atm! 🤦‍♀️😉🤣😂) BUT, I took a second to grab a coffee and check on my HB ladies. I am SOOOOOOOO SORRY that AF found you. I had crazy high hopes for you this cycle. I do agree that yours, Yellowbeach's (although she is still in the running atm), and my cycles have to "get their sh#t together" and just make sticky BFPs. 😉👍💕

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Just completed the last final for my En classes this YEAR!
    Winter break, YESSSSS! 👍😁😁😁😁
    🎼🎵 No more students, no more books ...🎶
    (Profs. get just as excited over breaks as students ... If not, moreso. 🤣😂🤣😂)
    Heading home and going to have a glass of wine, some steak, and maybe BD with DH tonight! PAR-TAY! 🕺💃🤣

31. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

I went for a scan at the hospital today because of heavy bleeding yesterday and I just wanted to rule out an ectopic. I’m still hanging out here because I’m not ready to jump over to the due date board yet because of my multiple bleeding episodes this pregnancy and cramping. Hope that’s okay. No heartbeat yet and I’m marked as “threatened miscarriage”. I know it’s still early.

@Kaohinani: congrats!

@Sams Mom: sorry.

32. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Petitduck: Sorry you are having such a bumpy start. Did they recheck your beta or just do a TVUS?

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Petitduck: I am so sorry to read that things aren't progressing as smoothly as one would hope. (I wrote on your other board.) You are, most certainly, welcome to stay here with us for as long as you wish ... heck, stay with us all 40 weeks of your pregnancy if this is where you are most comfortable. 😉

34. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@yellowbeach: just did a transvaginal us. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday. Not sure if he’ll recheck my betas. My first three were good. I kind of just want to wait it out though until another scan. It’s hard for me to go get betas.

They saw sac and yolk with both ultrasound types. Just too early for anything else for me now.

35. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Kaohinani: thank you.

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Also - if anyone is willing to jump with me - I'm ready for the January 2019 POAS board (don't want to create or moderate it though, sorry). Looking at a FET#4 date of Jan 8, which means my POAS date would be Jan 17.

Btw - still waiting on my board scores. I started crying today just thinking about the double negative (BFN on POAS and BFN on boards). Last year they were released on 12/8!

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Awe, I'm so unbelievably sorry. That would tear at me as well. If you wish, I will start the Jan 2019 POAS. I'm helping with the Aug mamas (and I'm not even on that board), too. Lemme start it before I head home.

Here you go:
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/january-2019-poas#post-2861562

P.S. I walled you back

38. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@yellowbeach: I hope you get some good news soon.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

🤔 What is this? 🤷‍♀️ Reverse ovulation?!?!? 😶🤣 Instead of a steady rise, I have a steady drop! Am I sucking eggs back into my ovaries?!?!? 😂 All the fertility testing must have scared my eggs into hiding. 🤦‍♀️
    They feel bullied. 🤣😂

40. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Kaohinani: lol!! Just because of what you wrote. I have no clue though. Interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Your tempdrop isn’t on the fritz?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee