Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Petitduck: Thanks. 😊 I am interested in tomorrow's temps as well. πŸ€” I am oral BBT simultaneously and those temps are also on the the decline which is why I believe my eggs are playing a cruel game of hide-and-seek this cycle. So weird! 😢🀣

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: my temps go on a bobsled run in about 30% of my charts, but then the jump after ovulation is massive.

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you, that is awesome to to know. 😊 I have never had this.

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Just because I thought this would give y’all a laugh, I just crazily peed on five tests. My first ultrasound is next Thursday, and I got panicky last night about my numbers so I took a whole bunch of tests this morning. Not that they really mean anything because I haven’t taken a test in a week so I have nothing to compare it to, but it still made me feel better

5. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LAZB: been there!!

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@bhbee: solidarity! I may be crazy, but at least we are crazy together!

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Also, interestingly, I took two wondfos with the same urine and one is much darker. Goes to show how you can’t use them for progression (even though I always do)

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: totally something I would do! Art least the first appointment isn't too far away.

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Am I the only person who (with both pregnancies that went to term) only peed on 4 or 5 HPTs total for each pregnancy?!?! πŸ€”πŸ˜• ... and each (with exception to the first BFP) was to get "the best looking test for a photo" to make an announcement collage! 🀣 I must be the most pathetic "POAS-er" on here! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚
    I have a feeling when I DO FINALLY get my BFP, you ladies will have gotten in my head and I will be peeing "on ALL the sticks" until my first beta! πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ #peerpressure. #BeingATribeLemmini

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I peed on 2 tests while pregnant with Sam, and then had 2 dipped at the doctors. I think I've just become more deranged over the last almost 2 years.

11. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Finally confirmed. Now officially on to January for TTC. At least I can drink eggnog and champagne. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh, man!!! πŸ˜• That sucks! Ok, well spiked eggnog and champagne is definitely a plus! 🍾
    Hey, idk if you saw but I did create a Jan 2019 board. Oh, and I walled you back.

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: that sucks, but Christmas time drinking is a mediocre silver lining.

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: Thank you - just posted to the Jan board. I hit DH up on those two places you walled me and he's still luke warm. I'm wondering if it's Hawaii that's really the issue for him. He keeps talking about somewhere cold, but he doesn't ski or snowboard, so I'm not sure what we would do with a toddler in 15 degree weather.

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: Haven't you guys had your fill of snow too after that last storm?

16. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Yes! It's still on the ground and being tracked all through my house!

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Honestly, I think you hit the nail on the head. With Turtle Bay, you can do anything from snorkeling to horseback riding and watching sea life (turtles, seals, etc nearby) ... they will also help you plan tours for seeing waterfalls, going on hikes, kayaking, family-friendly boat tours and ziplining. You can also see where LOST and Jurassic Park was filmed. One plus is you can stay in different types of lodging: hotel-style, cabana, or mini-townhouse/lodges. It affords tons of privacy and is so close to the beach, sea park, nut farms, etc. The Hilton is downtown. They will cater to ALL of your needs (and book activities for you) and have kid-friendly pools, activities, tons of restaurants and oodles of shopping. They even have a small area with penguins! The beach is right there as well. (I have pictures from both if you want ever want to see.) Both are vastly different but unbelievably nice.

18. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@LAZB: I peed on one 4 days ago. Just for fun. And maybe two days ago, I can’t remember. I feel crazy, but have accepted it. I think I peed on two with my first, but one was an expired frer so I had to get a fresh one. Probably 10 or so cheapies and a frer with my second and at least 20 cheapies and two frers with this one.

19. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: I totally peed on 2 tests a day up until around 7 weeks with DD... so I get it. Something falsely reassuring about seeing those dark lines.

AFM, today is day 1 without meds. I've read this first AF after a medicated cycle can be pretty brutal, but we'll see. I work a 12 hr shift today, 10 tomorrow and then fly to Denver for 48 hrs over the weekend. I'm already exhausted, but at least it'll keep my mind off of things. I'm also glad that Christmas is in the middle of this recent FET and our next. With family in town and everything going on, staying busy will help pass the time (I hope).

20. Doodle

pea / 7 posts

Long time lurker hoping for some confirmation I’m not seeing things. This is the only group I know who hopefully won’t think I’m crazy. I’d been taking cheapies from Amazon and tossing them after not seeing something after about 1 minute. Today I waited a little longer (2 minutes, to be honest) and this line popped up. It’s also from a different package. Is it too light to be something real? I should be 17DPO.

21. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Doodle: That's definitely a positive! It does seem a little light for 17 DPO but maybe you had a late implanter.

22. Doodle

pea / 7 posts

@skinnycow: I just keep taking pictures of it, haha. I did have some weird twinges a little later than I would have thought implantation would occur. I’m trying to not get too excited while simultaneously losing my mind. Thank you!

23. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Doodle: Congrats! Some cheap tests don't show great lines until way late. Try a FRER - hopefully you get a great line!

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Doodle: I agree with @BananasareYellow - take a FRER!

25. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Good point about taking a FRER! Wondfos can take forever to get dark.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Doodle: That, definitely, appears to be a BFP! Congratulations! 😁😊 Most HPTs need a development time between 3 and 10 minutes so, if a line (with color) pops up after 2 minutes, that is fabulous! πŸ‘ Since internet cheapies (ICs) have a higher MIU than FRERs, I would suggest taking a FRER just to verify; however, I'll add you to our board as "Drop-in BFP" in the meantime. Once again, congratulations and good luck !

P.S. Although it is commonly accepted that implantation occurs from 6-12 dpo, clinical studies have found that the earliest implantation has been found around 4.5/5 dpo and the latest (naturally) at 13 dpo but during test-tube trials @ 14 dpo! 😯

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 23 update -
    β›„πŸŽ„ December 2018 POAS πŸŽ„β›„

11/28: Petitduck -
    12/1: Lazb -
    12/2: Blythe -
    12/2: Paranundrum
    12/3: JessieMuller88
    12/4: Sam's Mom
    12/5: Kaohinani
    12/7: Clementine12
    12/12: Yellowbeach
    12/17: Creativemomma15
    12/24: Bananasareyellow
    12/26: Mrs.B
    12/28: Paranundrum
    12/31: Youboots
    12/31: Kaohinani
    1/2: Blythe
    TBD: Autumnmama79, MrsKansas, Rswan18
    Drop-In BFP: MenagerieMama -
    Drop-In BFP: Doodle -

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈAmazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    - Karenbme
    - Mamabear87
    - Bhbee
    - Skinnycow

28. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm sorry you're out. And the unknown of what to expect for AF this cycle. Glad Christmas can be a distraction for you.

29. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Doodle: That's a positive! Congrats and try a FRER!

30. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

I caved and POAS today at 12 dpo.... Negative Not really sure when to expect AF as it has kind of varied from CD 27-30 for me the past few months.

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@creativemomma15: I'm sorry for your negative test. πŸ˜• We will be positive about this and consider that you still have time as most first BFPs aren't until 12.5/13 dpo and, even then, look at Doodle's test ... hers is at 17 dpo. You never know. πŸ˜‰πŸ€ž

32. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Kaohinani: Thanks for the positive outlook. I'll try to hold off a few days until I'd cave and try again. I'm also trying to tell myself that it's okay because I wouldn't have to deal with the family drama of "ruining vacation" if we got pregnant this month

33. Doodle

pea / 7 posts

Thank you all for your responses. THIS is why I love this community: a panicked lurker gets so much immediate support!

I grabbed 3 FRER on lunch and yup, looks like I was tossing the cheapies too soon out of frustration!

34. Doodle

pea / 7 posts

@Kaohinani: I sincerely appreciate all of your science-y, data driven responses

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Doodle: You are welcome.
    I am so happy for you. Those HPTs are super POSITIVE! 😁 Once again, congratulations πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ.

P.S. We have an August Due Date Board up and running whenever you are ready to join πŸ˜‰ :
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/august-2019-moms

36. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

Thought I'd update here - I caught A bad flu so I've been MIA but had a few days of very light pos tests followed by a few days of light spotting and yesterday AF showed up. Looks like another chemical, which is hitting me harder than it did the first time.

I think I need a month of a mental break from this - I'll be watching you ladies and cheering you on though (especially those with big RE appts coming up)

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Clementine12: Oh, Clementine, I am so truly sorry to read all of this. πŸ˜• Having the flu is terrible but to also have a CP while ill is heartbreaking. πŸ’” Take all the time you need for yourself and, please know my thoughts are with you.

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

β›„πŸŽ„ December 2018 POAS πŸŽ„β›„

11/28: Petitduck -
    12/1: Lazb -
    12/2: Blythe -
    12/2: Paranundrum
    12/3: JessieMuller88
    12/4: Sam's Mom
    12/5: Kaohinani
    12/7: Clementine12 -
    12/12: Yellowbeach
    12/17: Creativemomma15
    12/24: Bananasareyellow
    12/26: Mrs.B
    12/28: Paranundrum
    12/31: Youboots
    12/31: Kaohinani
    1/2: Blythe
    TBD: Autumnmama79, MrsKansas, Rswan18
    Drop-In BFP: MenagerieMama -
    Drop-In BFP: Doodle -

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈAmazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    - Karenbme
    - Mamabear87
    - Bhbee
    - Skinnycow

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Super perplexed -
    So, I have not had any positive OPKs (near-POS at best which my OBGYN said could mean the LH surge happened overnight) and 2 days of CBEAD on "HIGH" with no "PEAK." My surges keep rising and falling so IDK if I geared up 1x but didn't OV then geared up again and did OV but this morning my OPKs are "LOW" and negative. πŸ€” My temps (oral and Tempdrop) skyrocketed this morning so DH and I did not even have a chance to use our home IUI as today was the day we were told to use the 1st, BD tomorrow, and then home IUI again the next day assuming OV would be on Sun/Mon. We just had a quick morning BD session "just in case" to catch the egg. 🀞 IDK about this cycle. Maybe 2 surges? Perhaps 2 follicles vying to rupture (my Mittelschmerz was pretty rough this cycle)? A hormonal cyst? Maybe my surge happened at night? I can't make heads or tails and won't know until all my apps give me an OV date. I sure hope this wasn't a missed opportunity cycle! πŸ˜• (Atleast we have next month with the RE if it is.)

Any thoughts, ladies? I could use some clarity because I'm frustrated atm ...

@Sams Mom: @Yellowbeach: @Paranundrum: @Lazb: @Jessiemuller88: @bananasareyellow: Anyone?

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Missed passing by 1 point, again. Fuck. 😭 Just need something to go right.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee