Hello, sorry for the bad English grammars, English is my third language.

Asking those who are married/or in long-term relationship. Can you share: What did you get for your spouse/SO for B-day?
What you do to show him/her your appreciation? Like what your plan for your spouse B-Day? What you buy for him/her as gifts? Beside the obvious, you know, sex...

If you have time and want to help give me ideas on what to get for my husband 30th B-Day, then please read on.
If not, then please share what did you get/or do for your Spouse/SO B-day? so I can get ideas and learn more from you, thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------
Warning: long post ahead...

My husband B-day will be coming up and I'm trying to make it memorable 30th B-day for him. But he is the type of guy that kindda hard to buy gifts for, he doesn't have much hobies; and we both is just a boring couple. I'm boring and he's boring, so we match and we married each others, lol

But this is his birthday as our first year together as 'married couple'. So I want it to be more than just give him Money or give him Gift Cards.
I need help with plan for his birthday or B-day gifts ideas. Or ideal ways to show my appreciation to him on his B-day. You know beside the the obvious, sex..

I have a husband that is kindda hard to buy him gifts, he not typical. He doesn't have much hobbies. He have "self-controlled" and he 'level-headed".
I tell about his daily lifestyle and his hobbies, it probably help narrow down what he likes. I still don't know how to plan his b-day.

Husband is a Hygiene freak and he is a Health freak. He does NOT drink, he does NOT smoke, NOT even smoke a cigarette.
He's quite sensitive when it come to the drinking alcohol topic, because lost his older sister in a car crash accident caused by a drunk driver. He hates drunk drivers, no way he will let any alcohol in his bloodstream.

He work for a Truck company. Being a local Truck driver required No DUI, No DOT violations, passed all drugs or alcohol test. Passed all background check, and passed all random drugs test too.
So working at this job, drugs and drinking is out of the question for him. So no Whisky, no beer, no alcohol as presents, it Not an option. Both of us Doesn't drink or smoke.

He responsible with his money, he make sure he put money in his Saving account every month.
He have perfect Credit scores. He Debt-free, never have Credit-card debt. None of us have any kind of debt, we both debt-free and we both like to stay this way.
I don't think he wants to open another Credit-card, he not a big spender.

He have a big Van car, and a motorcycle. Which both he bought with his own money and pay it off himself, he had these prior met me. He doesn't need another Van/car or motorcycle for his B-Day.

He doesn't really have much hobbies. He doesn't like to play Video games, he have zero interest in video games. And I never saw him play it, just not his thing.
He thinks that the hours play game, those hours he can go work to make money instead.

He also never go online, unless he needs to put in an online application for a job. He already have a laptop, he doesn't need another one when he never go online.
All communications are through his Cell phone, perhaps I should get him a new cell phone for his B-Day? But we both already have Smartphone.

He doesn't even like to watch TV unless it is News, he loves loves News. He will died if he don't watch News or one day, lol
Oh, he loves NFL Football, News and NFL Football would make him happy.
I do encourage him to go watch NFL Football with his childhood buddies, because I don't know anything about Football. Perhaps let him freely go hang out with his buddies on his B-day?

He likes to go to Gym to work out, keep his body stay fit and in shape. He 6'1 and he weight 170 lbs, so he is an average weight guy.
He also likes Guns, the both outdoor and indoor shooting ranges. But uh... not something I like.

He loves to read Newspapes and Books. But he only like 2 type of books, that is 'War" books sand 'Politics" books.
I did get him a "War" book for his B-Day once, but he pretty much have all the Books that he likes.

And clothes, he have his own 'style' of clothes. So I don't go shopping for his clothes, maybe just a jacket.
Food? he have all different food dishes that I cook for him everyday. Even when he work late at night, I still cook for him in the middle of the night so he can have fresh meals to eat. Cooking for him on his B-Day is like cooking for him everyday, nothing really special.

I don't know what to get for my husband his B-day. Beside gifts, I was thinking maybe if we can go on a weekend trip. Maybe see if he can get a day off?
He drive the Local truck, his route is local so he is home with me every night, it just that he works long hours.
He said he works hard so we can have enough money to buy a house. To save money for our future and our baby future, and to save money for rainy days.

To him work is survival, work is secure his future. When we dating he work one job, now married he work 2 jobs including weekend, we trying to buy a small house.

He have baby fever, so he probably wants a baby for his B-Day present, lol
But I told him we TTC in 2016, I want to spend one year with him before we have a baby.
Fortunately, his 2nd job is just temporary for one year. Until next year when we buy a small foreclosure house he will be back working 1 job, it a better time to TTC

If you are a boring couple like us, or if you have a husband like my husband. What's your plan for his B-Day? Like what would you get for him, or how would you plan for his birthday?

------------------------------------------------
I wanted to add a POLL to this thread, may I get your opinion. Please vote if you think if my husband is ready to be a dad. Should I go as plan and TTC in 2016 next year? He sure have baby fever.

I think age does not define if someone ready to be a dad or not, so my husband turning 30 years old doesn't means much. It all depend on the guy maturity and responsible enough.

He is an awesome husband, it just that he just love to work and love to save money. Because to him have saving money give him security for the future.
But this is his first marriage, he never have baby before, so I'm not sure if he ready.