Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2013 Due Dates

1. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@photojane: i gave Babyboy the same pep talk with no response...
    I've been MIA for a few days trying to finish up last minute stuff. I dont know when you guys find the time but I cannot keep up on here anymore. I still read all the time but am never on my computer and feel bad when I can't comment on everyone.

I thought I was gonna lose my mucous plug on Friday as a little piece came out in the AM but nothing else happened since. Had some random contractions but nothing consistent. I'm so ready for this kid to be on the outside. Work blows and i generally want to punch everyone in the face. I'm 39 weeks on Tuesday and have Dr's that night and am so hoping I've made progress and he decides to come this week. I can barely get up out of bed or off the couch and the skin under my belly button itches like crazy. And I'm tired of everyone and their mother asking how I'm feeling or why am I still at work or when I'm due again. > ok vent over.

The reality has set in that this is the end and this baby can come whenever he wants. I can't believe we all made it here and am anxiously waiting for the babies to start coming. (hopefully sooner than later).

2. thatwife

olive / 62 posts

I had two contractions in a row last night. The sharp and painful kind you have during labor. But... that was it. It's definitely some progress! My mom comes on Wednesday morning so it's probably best to wait anyway but I'm so done.

I taught my 2 year old to poke my belly and say "Get out baby!" we both do it several times a day, haha.

3. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Photojane yeah, stubborn Derek also refused. Kids these days...

I had a dream last night that I had bloody show. Never been so disappointed to wake up and not have blood in my underwear. I was cramping BADLY all weekend long but it never turned into anything. I swear, ladies -- this kid is gonna be late! I can feel it. I just need to get through this week at work so I can distract myself with daytime naps a plenty.

FIL is coming into town today and I'm kinda dreading it because he already told DH he wants to give me a hard time.

4. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@shopaholic & @lolabee - unfortunately, I did try coconut oil in the last few days and it doesn't really help any more than the other products I've been using. The smell is WONDERFUL though! I'm also interested in possibly cooking with it, so I'll see what else I can use this jar for

@jessibee - Wow, I really hope the version works for you! Good luck

@jerricabenton - that is sooo uncalled for, and she really does not give midwives a good rep! People in general should really learn when and when it's not appropriate to give out free advice.

@photojane - whattt.. your mom stole your pedicure lady? Aren't you the pregnant one almost ready to give birth? haha.. i'd be so pissed. Oh, and donuts sound awesome right now.

@thatwife - OMG, that prenatal massage story is sooo gross.. I would totally be the one screaming out the door.

@ladyfingers - why would your FIL want to give you a hard time? how awful =(

Today is 38 weeks and 1 day, and my doc's appt last Friday went well. Baby girl is still head down, and I'm still going to try to avoid cervical checks until hopefully 40 weeks. Until then, I've been trying to keep busy and started a few DIY headbands this past weekend!

5. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Emilie: Because he thinks it's funny.

6. JessiBee

kiwi / 733 posts

@Phillybaby2013: I'm just waiting it out at this point, too. I know all the women in my family have had late babies, so even though I'm at 37+3, I have no expectation that baby is going to make an appearance any time soon. Maybe I'll try a pep talk though

@thatwife: Two contractions in a row have to mean more will follow at some point, right?! Love the older sibling trying to help get baby going!

@ladyfingers: I hope FIL behaves himself, and that your husband stands up for you when he doesn't! And you could still be a January mommy...there are a couple more days!

@Emilie: Thanks! Those headbands are adorable.

Thank you all for your comments and things as I was crazed the end of last week. My doctor called me on Friday afternoon to talk about options, and it sounds like version isn't a great option for me. It works best before 37 weeks (I was 37 weeks on Friday), if you have high fluid levels (mine are a bit low), and possibly when it's not your first kid, there's no family history of breech, and there's not an anterior placenta. So...for a procedure that at its best has a barely better than 50% success rate, I have every factor working against me and making the chances much lower that it would actually work. Instead I'm trying to come to terms with the likely planned C-section (unless she decides to turn herself back around), the upside being that I will have an end date in sight! So...I wait and see. Another NST tomorrow; another ultrasound at the end of the week to check fluid levels (and position). I've been varying between more and less okay with the c-section, but it's pretty out of my hands now, so I'm trying to look at the upside. Trying. I'll have lots of questions for my doctor tomorrow for sure!

7. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Emilie: Funny thing is I don't really like coconut at all, but I love the smell of the oil! I guess it feels like I'm on a tropical vacation or something.

OMGosh those headbands are SO CUTE!!!!

8. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@JessiBee: Oh DH already told him to behave! He's got my back. But man, I'm sorry about the news on your version. I'm pulling for baby to flip again on you and surprise you!

9. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Emilie: I looooove those headbands! I have some that people made at my shower and they're not even close to as cute as those. Did you use an online tutorial? Seems like a fun project I could do on my eternity leave, pre-baby!

@JessiBee: It sounds like you are dealing with the unexpected as best as possible, and on the up side, having an end date sounds great!

I am due 1 month from today and haven't had any contractions, not dilated, etc., but since I was born exactly 1 month early, part of me is thinking "baby, are you coming out today?" Even though I know it would be best to wait another week or 2 at least. Watch me end up delivering in March...blah

10. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@tororojo - yes, all of them are online tutorials!

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/03/baby-hair-accessories-wool-felt.html

http://www.trendyaccentz.com/2010/11/felt-flower-tutorial.html

http://designbynight.blogspot.com/2011/11/no-sew-felt-flower-headband.html

I purchased all of the elastic here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ElasticByTheYard

and all of the felt here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BenzieDesign

Other than that, I have some regular thread and embroidery thread at home that I used, along with my hot glue gun

11. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@thatwife: hopefully those contractions where a sign of things to come!!

@ladyfingers: atleast you know that Friday is ur last day of work. I know we would like Derrick to come sooner but I would kill to be done work sooner. I decided that if I'm late I'm not going past the 8th at work. That seems like an eternity away.

@Emilie: love the headbands! So cute!!

@JessiBee: I'm sorry it doesn't sound like you're a good candidate for the version! Altho it sounds like ur coming to grips with the c-section fate which I'm sure is difficult. But like you said its out of your hands and we want Baby to get here safely. I'll still have my fingers crossed that Baby decides on a last minute flip!

12. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: Yeah as long as I can get through this week I'm golden. Getting up, getting presentable, sitting all day TOTALLY distracted... it's so hard right now! The 8th will be here before you know it!

13. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@Emilie: It was nuts. There is actually more to the story now after she tried to give me the 'herbs' but it's too disturbing for me to even talk about. Uggh, well I guess I have to after saying that but basically I said thanks but no thanks and I googled the name and it said never to use during pregnancy because it causes miscarriage and birth defects. I am like, so upset and my husband doesn't even want me to go there anymore in case this wacko is there... disturbing, right??

On a lighter note - I love those headbands! I love the look of the felt! I might have to try some of those!

@JessiBee: When I was thinking LO was staying breech we talked about version and also decided it wouldn't be for us. Hopefully in little bit you'll get used to the idea of a c-section and like you said - now you'll have an end date! But in the meantime - flip baby flip!

14. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@jerricabenton - wow, she is CRAZY. maybe instead of just avoiding the gym altogether (why should you leave? it sounds like you like your workouts?), you could just say something simple like - "I'd appreciate it if you would leave me alone and not talk to me anymore" - if you by chance see her again and she tries to talk to you. And if she's really crazy and still continues, then you could report her to gym management?

15. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@Emilie: I know - I'm so bad at confrontation though. My husband wants to call the police! I'm more inclined to think she's just a nut who thinks she's right rather than a psycho who wants to do me/my baby harm but it's just disturbing. Definitely not the kind of stuff I want to be thinking about right now. I for sure made it clear I wasn't interested so I'm just going to do my best to avoid her altogether. If she comes up to me again though, I know I'm going to have to seriously tell her to GTF outta here, haha.

16. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: I know it is so hard. And im really praying that Babyboy will come well before the 8th and then I won't have to worry about it! Ahhhhh I wish we just knew when they were coming already!!! I can't take it!!

17. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

I think we should place bets on whose baby is coming next. Will it be @ladyfingers or a surprise contender? @thatwife sounds like a good choice also, but we've got quite a few due dates in the next couple of weeks...

Babies who have arrived:
    @WALLAROO: 1/17, Team Pink AND Blue

Babies we can't wait to meet:
    @ladyfingers: February 3, Team Blue
    @phillybaby2013: February 5, Team Blue
    @ValentineMommy: February 8, Team Blue
    @Mrs. Lantern: February 9,
    @Emilie: February 10, Team Pink
    @photojane: February 11, Team Pink
    @smocks: February 11, Team Pink
    @Mrs. Markers: February 12, Team Green (c-section about a week before)
    @JerricaBenton: February 15, Team Pink
    @JessiBee: February 15, Team Pink
    @lolabee: February 19, Team Green
    @Baby Boy Mom: February 25, Team Blue
    @tororojo: February 28, Team Pink
    @Mrs. High Heels: February 28, Team Blue
    @Shopaholic: March 9, Team Pink
    @thatwife: Februaryish, Team Green

18. lolabee

kiwi / 662 posts

Yikes ladies!! I got so far behind on our thread. I hope everyone had an awesome weekend.

@wallaroo: how are you and your lovely twins doing?

@JerricaBenton: I CANNOT believe the crazy gym lady. What the heck gets into people? Offering herbs - that cause miscarriage and birth defects, she's gotta be certifiably crazy! I hope you don't see her ever again.

@photojane: That pain out sucks. Looking forward to a relaxing time at the spa then your Mom steals your guy?! Wasn't expecting that twist in the story thats for sure. I hope your weekend made up for it

@tororojo: Sorry to hear about the GBS+, I agree though, better to know now and that the swab wasn't for no good reason! Funny you mention about delivering in March...I just said the exact same thing today. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen for either of us! Thank you for updating the list.

@Baby Boy Mom: 100% with you on the memory. I feel myself losing/searching for the words I need to form proper sentences, very frustrating! Tell me our brains go back to 'normal' afterwards?

@thatwife: I bust a gut reading the massage story. Absolutely hilarious, although I cannot imagine experiencing it. Gives me the creeps just imagining it. She definitely tells the story well!

I hope you start getting some more action happening within the next couple of days. That's very cute how your toddler interacts with your bump!

@Phillybaby2013: 39 weeks Tues! I am rootin' for ya for babe to come sooner than later. I too can't wait for our February babes to start making their appearances. I kind of wish that someone was in my neck of the woods for a meet up!

@ladyfingers: Have your dreams become very vivid? I was hoping I would at least start remembering mine, no such luck! I hope your FIL doesn't drive you crazy! Wouldn't be a fun thing to deal with in your last bit of pregnancy...

@Emilie: Beautiful job on the headbands!! They'll make for great pictures. Yet another benefit to finding out the sex

@JessiBee: You have such a wonderful outlook on everything! It would be super nice to have an "end date". Once you have your little girl in your arms it won't matter how she made her entrance. I will keep my fingers crossed for a flip in the mean time! Keep us updated.

I'm full term now! Exciting feeling. I've been trying to get as much work done as possible, organizing client files etc. for when I actually do go into labor. Feeling very appreciative of the fact that I don't have to give an actual date to be done work!

I'm trying to get in as many dates with friends/family and fun activities before the babe makes its entrance. DH and I even snagged tickets to the Penguins/Jets game on Friday, had a great time! Anyone else feel like these last few weeks are similar to the TWW?

19. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@tororojo: I'm voting for @thatwife, second time mom and it sounds like things are cooking!

@lolabee: My dreams have been extremely vivid for the whole pregnancy! But I've had some really weird ones lately. I had one the other night that LO was here but he was UGLY -- like, REALLY ugly -- he had all these snaggleteeh and ugly hair and glasses (???). But he was totally a baby, with all these things. And I kept forgetting to feed him and change his diaper. So weird.

20. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@ladyfingers: I think @phillybaby2013 or @thatwife...but I hope you prove me wrong for your sake!

@lolabee: I hope we don't deliver in March! I wonder if there are any Jan. mommas still waiting for LO to arrive.

Is there such a thing as drinking too much water? I have had 90+ ounces to drink at work today and I'm still thirsty...getting a cold so that's probably part of it. I'm like a camel, both in size and the amount of water I drink.

21. JessiBee

kiwi / 733 posts

As for who's next, I'm thinking @thatwife:, although @ladyfingers: wouldn't surprise me at all!

@ladyfingers: I'm a little jealous that you're done with work after this week! I'm doing my best to work up until baby arrives, but without knowing when that will be, it's hard to motivate to get things done, and to have to keep facing the "how are you feeling?" and "wow, you've dropped!" comments. For the record, people have been telling me I've dropped for a couple of weeks, with others vehemently disagreeing. Based on my pee-frequency, I may have finally. Although not head-first, as she should, as we know.

@tororojo: I originally joked to my OB that with a Feb. 15 due date, I could realistically have the baby in January or March. She assured me that she'd never let me go to March...so at least there's that!

@JerricaBenton: Your gym lady sounds insane. I'm thinking some pregnancy-induced tears would go far, too. Also, well done still getting to the gym! I had another swim this morning, and it was wonderful. Slow, but great.

@lolabee: I know I should make plans with friends before the baby arrives, but I feel like I have no energy to do it! Good job making that happen!

22. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@tororojo: I think you can drink too much water in one sitting -- like drinking a whole gallon at ONCE. But I don't think 90 ounces is too much throughout the day! My doctor recommended shooting for a gallon throughout the day because of all my swelling.

@JessiBee: Yeah I needed an end date. I'd go insane otherwise. Actually my boss told me today she's thinking of letting me go on WEDDDDNNNEEESSSDAYYYYY! She just needs to make sure everything has been covered and that she doesn't think of anything else she needs from me in the next couple of days. She was like, "You need a few days to rest... you really do." I love my employer!

@JerricaBenton That is SO SCARY! I would totally not go there anymore, or maybe complain to the gym about her harassing you (and, uh, giving you stuff that's harmful to your baby!). They might be able to help police the situation.

So the doctor's office called, my "just in case" induction is scheduled for 5:30 a.m. Feb 11. Here's hoping we don't need it!

23. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@ladyfingers: WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo excited for you. (And jeal...but you're almost a month ahead of me so I should not be jeal)

24. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@tororojo: Yeah but you're also taking a permanent break! I know though, I was a little scared to tell you because I didn't want to brag

25. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@ladyfingers: Actually I just agreed to come in next Monday to further train my replacement. But after that, I'm done, I solemnly vow! Brag all you want, I think you earned it.

26. JessiBee

kiwi / 733 posts

@ladyfingers: WOW! Enjoy your Thursday and Friday, and do some relaxing and napping and nesting for the rest of us!

@WALLAROO: How is life with the twins?! I hope everything is going well!

27. Mrs. Markers

blogger / cherry / 192 posts

@JessiBee: my situation was pretty much the same, so we opted to skip the version too. the consolation prize for having a c-section is definitely knowing the end date! it took me about a month to come to terms with it, but in the end, everyone's birth experience is so different. i'm sure it'll be great for you too! do you have a scheduled date?

@ladyfingers: congrats on your last day of work coming up! enjoy the final moments of freedom and relaxation

@Emilie: love the headbands! so cute

as for me... i'm scheduled for next wed Feb 6th - 9 more days! i'm curious if i'll make it until then. i have constant braxton hicks, and last thursday had about 5 hours of false labor, including a trip to triage (per my doctor's orders) to be checked. unfortunately, no baby yet! i'm only 38 weeks tomorrow, so i wouldn't be surprised if we stick it out until the 6th. who knows?!

28. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

Well, I lost what I think are the last bits of my mucus plug today - it was gross. It's been tiny bits for the past week, but lots this morning & this afternoon. I've been super sore, achy, & crampy since then. I've had tons of BH, back pain, and pelvic pressure. No blood yet though. I'm not sure I can take this intense pain & pressure for two more weeks, so I hope this means something is happening!

@Phillybaby2013: You are SO close! I'm sure being at work still blows, but you are so close to the finish line now -- only a week left at the most!! Have you talked about induction in case he doesn't come before/shortly after your due date?

@thatwife: Sounds like a good sign! I'm a FTM, so I have no idea what those contractions feel like. I'm so paranoid that I won't know when I'm in labor since I've been having intense BH for a while now. Did you know when you were in labor immediately the first time?

@ladyfingers: I dream that my water breaks like every night. Waking up is always disappointing. But, YAY for Wednesday!! It's so nice being home, and being able to rest & prepare emotionally/physically. Can you believe you're a WEEK away from your due date?! Crazy! Hoping you don't need the induction, but 5:30 is early! I would be a hot mess.

@Emilie: Love, love the headbands! I bought elastic from the same seller. I already made a couple for Sadie for the hospital, but I haven't gotten around to any of the cute felt ones yet. You've inspired me to work on them this week. Glad baby girl is head down & doing well. You've got more self control than me resisting the checks!

@JessiBee: Don't blame you for avoiding the version. I wouldn't have done it either! Hoping your NST & appointment go well this week. I'll keep on hoping/praying she flips for you, but I'm sure it will be nice to be able to schedule her arrival - much less stressful! Definitely update us.

@Mrs. Markers: Nine days! That's SO soon! I'm sure you're so excited. Are you starting to get nervous at all? I think a trip to triage would definitely start to make things more real & scary.

@tororojo: Thanks for updating the list for us! Can you believe February starts THIS WEEK?! Holy moly.

29. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@lolabee: @JessiBee: @ladyfingers: I really like my gym. I *hope* I made it clear that I'm not picking up what this lady is putting down so I'm just going to switch up the times I go and avoid her at all costs. If she comes up to me I'm definitely going to have to talk to someone though. It's just such a weird thing, like a bad dream, you know? I can't stop thinking about it

@Jessibee: I bet swimming feels so good!

@ladyfingers: enjoy your mat leave!

@photojane: Sounds to me like you're close!

30. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@tororojo: thanks for updating the list again! And that's not too much water at all. I have super thirsty days and can easily exceed 90 oz just at work.

@lolabee: Yay full term!! It's nice that your making extra time with hubby/family. I can only imagine how hard its gonna be with a baby. Go Hockey! (too bad my team has already ruined their season after 3 games)... And this is so the TWW all over again! Constantly checking the TP, overanalyzing every cramp or twinge- it's torture!!... A meet up would be sweet...Too bad were spread out all over the place. : (

@JessiBee: I'm so jealous of your swimming!! That would probably be amazing right now. If only I had access to a pool. Boo. And you will totally have a Feb baby. No way you'll go to March. Only a few weeks left!

@ladyfingers: u starting leave on Wednesday - holler! That's amazing news. I already told u I'm jealous. That's really nice of your boss. Just lay in bed all day and do nothing. - or at least that's what I would do!

@Mrs. Markers: wow can't believe your scheduled for next week! I would love to have a definite date but with one trip to triage already under your belt it sounds like it could be sooner!

@photojane: geez ur making some serious progress! I wouldn't be surprised if Sadie decides to come soon! I wish I had some kinda sign pointing to an impending birth. Haha. I know it could still happen at any time but a mucous plug or something would mentally make me feel more optimistic... No serious induction talk yet. Maybe tomorrow at my next appt? I am also curious if they'll mention doing a sweep or something. I'll let ya know tomorrowBw night.

@JerricaBenton: your story is super crazy and I think your smart for switching up your times and avoiding this kook. People sure have alot of nerve... Side note- can I just give you props for still going to the gym?!! I can barely move and your working out. That blows my mind. You are gonna rock at labor!

31. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@Phillybaby2013: Haha thanks! It was always part of my routine so I just kept going! I really think it has helped keep back pain to a minimum. If something's tough I close my eyes and breathe through it and practice for labor!

32. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@tororojo: aw well that sucks to add a day, but so worth it in the long run!

@JessiBee: I'm already planning what I want to do around the house...

@photojane: ugh isn't the never ending crampiness the worst? I've also had super bad sharp pains in my left side today... Baby's moving plenty so I'm not concerned, but it hurts! Like the worst RLP ever, maybe a handful of times. Yeah, my FIL was like, 5:30?! Why so early?! I had to remind him that if the baby comes on his own he could very well come at 2 in the morning.

@Phillybaby2013: don't worry! You may not even lose your plug before it starts, or until the very end. Apparently at my practice its frowned upon to do a sweep unless you're on call that night - it's considered poor form to set another doctor up for a middle if the night call! Which I totally get but the doc I'm seeing Thursday isn't on call that night I don't think. I'm curious if he'll do it anyway!

33. JessiBee

kiwi / 733 posts

@Mrs. Markers: Thank you! I don't have a date yet, but I'm seeing my doctor today, so I have a suspicion that after today, I might!

@photojane: It sounds like you are definitely progressing! Maybe we should be moving your name up in the running with @thatwife and @ladyfingers!

@JerricaBenton: I hear you on loving your gym! I have someone I know from work who is often there at my usual time, and I hatehatehate running into people I know in the locker room. Not nearly the same as being offered weird and dangerous drugs (!!!), but I definitely hear you on putting up with things for a great gym.

@Phillybaby2013: Looking forward to hearing whether you've got progress...even though we all know "progress" doesn't always relate to a baby's imminent arrival, and lack of "progress" doesn't mean it won't show up any time soon!

@ladyfingers: Haha, I like that your doctor's office tries not to make more middle-of-the-night work for one another, but I can imagine being it being an annoying policy if you just want to have the baby...regardless of who delivers it!

I had a rough night last night. Woken up by thunderstorms (which I HATE), and after my usual bathroom trip, had 2-3 strong contractions in a row. I had never felt anything like them before, and I woke my hubby because I didn't know what else to do. I got up and walked around and calmed down, and they went away, I was starving so I had a snack, and then I couldn't go back to sleep (thunderstorm). I eventually realized that I hadn't felt the baby moving since the contractions, which scared me, so I ended up sitting up, turning on a light (so I couldn't see the lightning so much), and just trying to calm down. Eventually I called the hospital's pregnancy hotline, since it had been about an hour and a half. I was on hold for 20 minutes...I guess the storm made for a busy night! The only upside to the long hold time: baby woke up and started wiggling around again. YAY. Once she was moving around again, I gave up on talking to anyone and hung up and went back to sleep. Needless to say, I'm exhausted but happy to have a doctor's appointment complete with NST this morning!

34. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: I've had 2 episodes of that RL-esque pain and it was awful. Once on my left and once on my right. It stopped me in my tracks and i could barely move.

35. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@JessiBee: Oh man, that sounds like an exhausting night! He's definitely slowed down a lot and turned into more lazy movements, which has freaked me out on more than one occasion.

@Phillybaby2013: Yeah, I seriously cried out in pain!

I had a contraction so strong this morning that I had to stop brushing my teeth and sit down because I was so nauseous. And it wasn't even a "labor" contraction, because there were no others. I swear, I'm going to need an epidural almost immediately if this is my response to false labor pain.

36. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

Hi ladies! I have been trying to keep up with evryones's progress but you guys are so active now (which is great) that it is hard for me to do personal responses. I can't wait to see who is next. Just know that I am thinking of all of you.

M&O are doing well and keeping me pretty busy. They are now 12 days old. At their first pediatrician appointment they got a clean bill of health. O was above his birth weight while M was just 2 oz shy of birth weight. DH went back to work today and I was a bit emotional at the thought of him going back. We are going to miss him so much and I wish he could have more time at home with us.

In other news, we have begun house hunting (first time home buyers). Quite the process especially with two newborns.

We also had their newborn photoshoot on Saturday. I can't wait to see them . They looked so adorable.

37. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@WALLAROO: Yay, glad to hear you're all doing so well!

38. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

So FIL came over last night. It was fine, but I was tired and had a horrible headache so that probably colored my experience. In the hour he was there, he managed to make fun of DH for having no sense of direction (based on the directions he gave him to the house), not knowing how to use a pipe wrench properly, and buying a "piece of crap" shower head. He also claimed that babies have excellent immunity (um, OK) and semi-insulted my housekeeping skills. Of course, he also did install our "crap" shower head for us, so I was grateful for that.

He really does mean well and isn't a bad person. He's a good dad and loves DH and me. But he can be a lot to handle sometimes and is SUCH a know-it-all. It's just hard for me to tolerate at this point in time. But I love him and I'm glad he's here.

39. thatwife

olive / 62 posts

I wish I was as confident as the rest of you that this baby was coming anytime soon! I am *not* a nice person to be around right now. The days are dragging and I am constantly groaning and moaning, prompting my 2 year old to ask "Mama, your tummy hurts?"

We made time for some sexytime last night (anyone else hate having sex at this point? I feel like I have to turn my brain off and focus really hard not to think about how gross I feel) and I was really hoping it would kick things off. No go.

@photojane: With my first I lost my mucus plug on a Saturday and started having contraction on and off that day. They stopped Saturday evening and didn't start up again until Sunday evening (I believe I went for a walk to encourage them). Then I delivered Monday at 2:40pm. So of course I'm dying to see some blood on my TP each time I wipe, because for me that feels like a for-sure sign that labor is starting. I'm so jealous that you've lost yours! (Though I know some women lose theirs and go for weeks without delivering!)

@WALLAROO: House hunting with twins less than 2 weeks after birth? I don't know how you do it!

40. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@thatwife: I feel like a bad wife...I think we average sexy time like once a week, but I think that amount of time is getting longer. It's just hard to work around the belly, ya know? I try to grit my teeth and bear it when possible.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee