Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2013 Due Dates

1. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@ladyfingers: yay! Can't wait for your baby boy to be here!

2. thatwife

olive / 62 posts

@ladyfingers: Hooray!

And I am in a great mood because I had my bloody show today.

I actually lost my mucus plug with my 1st child on his due date (Saturday) and then delivered on Monday.

Today is my due date and right on cue I started to see blood in my toilet paper! Feeling optimistic that I'll deliver this weekend. Ladyfingers will have the first February baby for this group, but I think I might be right behind. HOORAY FOR US!

3. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@ladyfingers: woo hoo! Good luck!

I just wanted to pop in from the January moms and say good luck to you February mommas! Having your little ones on the outside is such a blessing and I'm so excited for you all! xo

4. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

8 cm and really enjoying the epidural.

5. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@ladyfingers: AHHH! Can't believe baby Derek is on his way! I'm so excited for you. I bet you're doing awesome. I can't wait to hear all about him & the delivery!

6. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

I'm complete at 5 am and did some practice pushes but he's at a +1 station and they don't want me pushing for 2-3 hours. Contractions are mild and spacing out enough that they are giving me a little pitocin to speed things up. Oh and nurses and John saw a head full of dark hair while I was pushing

7. oahujeni

kiwi / 629 posts

@ladyfingers: come on Derek we are all waiting for you to get here!!

8. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@ladyfingers: OMG Yay! How exciting!

9. lolabee

kiwi / 662 posts

Goooo @ladyfingers:!!! Excited for you to meet your lil man! Thank you for the updates.

10. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: OMG Yay!!! I was hoping to come on here and see something from you!! Can't wait to see pics of our first February baby! Thinking of you- sounds like your doing amazing!

@thatwife: sounds like your right around the corner! Hopefully something exciting starts for you soon!

11. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

Ok I tried posting before but didn't work... Derek John was born at 8:27 a.m. after 11 hours of labor. 7 pounds, 20.5 inches, perfect and healthy. Birth story later but seriously the coolest experience of my life, no contest.

12. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@ladyfingers: Oh my goodness... he's perfect! Congratulations to you & John!! Enjoy D's birthday with lots of kisses and snuggles! Can't wait to hear all about it.

13. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@thatwife: Yay! I hope things are getting started for you. Feeling "labory" yet?!

14. oahujeni

kiwi / 629 posts

@ladyfingers: I can't stop looking at his pics, I absolutely love him! Can't wait to kiss that cute little face, Derek! Congrats, he is one super lucky baby!

15. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@ladyfingers: How precious! Congratulations! It seemed so quick! Can't wait to hear the birth story!

Thanks for all the calming thoughts - I had another appointment today and BP was high but they had me lay around for a half an hour and test again and it was perfect. It was basically confirmed that I am 'high anxiety' (duh) and my bloodwork and urine is fine! Hoping to cook babe for another week and a half!

16. JessiBee

kiwi / 733 posts

@ladyfingers: Congratulations!!! Way to get February off to an awesome (and adorable) start!

@thatwife: Good luck...I'll be checking for news this weekend!

@JerricaBenton: So glad things seem to be back to "normal." Enjoy the cooking time!

17. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@ladyfingers: Congratulations!!!!! So precious!

18. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@JerricaBenton: Glad to hear you're doing well! I know the end is stressful and there's lots to do & worry about, but I hope you can find some time to get some relaxation in. Keep on cookin'!

19. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@JessiBee: @photojane: Thanks ladies

20. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: love him! Congrats Momma! He's awesome and you did awesome! Happy Birthday Derek!

@JerricaBenton: glad everything is still looking good for you. It's so hard to not have anxiety at this point.

21. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@ladyfingers: Congrats!!! So excited for you! He is absolutely precious!

@thatwife: Yay! Keep us posted!

@JerricaBenton: great news on the BP!

22. thatwife

olive / 62 posts

@ladyfingers: sweetest little baby burrito

Nothing exciting for me to report. My mucus plug loss cheered me up, but I'm back to being bitter pregnant lady again. Partially because I'm bored.

23. JessiBee

kiwi / 733 posts

@thatwife: Awww. Still holding out hope that you'll have more progress soon!

I was doing a lot of cleaning up the house this afternoon, and realized that I had been having some (non-painful, just noticeable) contractions. So now I'm installed on the couch with my laptop and HB, and they seem to have stopped...which I'm still counting as a good thing. With a planned C-section, I've kind of made that my date, and now going earlier than that would freak me out a little, and I don't know if it would make me more of an emergency C, which I really don't want. Not that it's my choice.

24. lolabee

kiwi / 662 posts

@JessiBee: Thank you for the birthday wishes!

@Baby Boy Mom: Thank you for the tips/advice on blogging, that really helps! I still have a bit more pondering to do. I think I also feel a bit weird that absolutely a n y o n e can read what I have to say/look at our pics, not to say that they will but it's an odd thought when you over think it.

@ladyfingers: Congratulations! Happy Birthday to Derek, he is an adorable little guy! Hope you're feeling well and have a quick recovery.

@thatwife: Progress! Awesome, here's hoping things get going for ya. Do I remember correctly that you're having a home birth?

@JerricaBenton: Fingers crossed for you to keep on cookin' that babe up for a bit longer. Try and get some relaxing done this weekend

25. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@Phillybaby2013: @Baby Boy Mom: @lolabee: Thank you!!!

26. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@ladyfingers: congratulations! Baby Derek is adorable!

27. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

I just got back from the doctor and it turns out I have a sinus infection and an ear infection. It's awful! I was so ready to get this baby out, but now I'm praying she'll stay put a while longer. I can't imagine pushing out a baby while not being able to breathe and feeling like I got hit by a truck! Send your prayers and good thoughts my way, ladies!

28. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@ladyfingers: congrats on the baby!!! woohooo!!!

Just wanted to pop into the Feb '13 mamas and wish you all good luck and quick, happy l&d!!! It was exactly a year ago I was in your position - the last month is rough and just wanna get over it but so worth it. Hang in there

29. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@photojane: Oh no! That sucks - I'm sorry! Hopefully you get some relief before the big day!

30. JessiBee

kiwi / 733 posts

@photojane: Ugh. Definitely sending healing thoughts your way!
    @thatwife: Any update or progress?
    @Mrs. Pen: Thanks!! It's kind of crazy to realize we're that board that people are stalking this month. Yikes!!

31. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@lolabee: Yeah I know what you mean; the privacy issues are always sort of tricky to navigate.

@photojane: Oh man! Sending quick recovery and healthy thoughts your way!

@Mrs. Pen: Thanks! And you're totally right, today I hit that don't want to do things anymore phase. Ugh!

32. lolabee

kiwi / 662 posts

I'm pretty certain I had my bloody show today?! Been crampy and having brownish discharge (TMI - sorry!) ever since. I don't think its near go time but does anyone know how many daysish after do you usually go into labor?

@Baby Boy Mom: @thatwife: any advice from the second time Mama's?

@photojane: I hope you get better really quickly!! Positive thoughts comin' at ya!

@thatwife: Anything exciting to share on your end?

33. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

I missed some things over the weekend!

@ladyfingers: CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is beautiful and I'm so happy for you guys!

@lolabee: Sounds like things are getting started with you! I think days left depends on the person, but I bet your time will be soon!

@thatwife: Yay for progress! Keep us posted; can't wait to hear about your new little one very soon!

@photojane: Yuck; lots of healing thoughts your way! I hope you can breathe and at least feel good from head up during labor and delivery. Don't donuts have healing properties?

34. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@JessiBee: anymore contraction spells? Hopefully you're getting some rest!

@thatwife: hopefully somethings happens for you soon! Sounds like the bloody show is faking you out!

@photojane: oh yuck- this sounds awful! Feel better soon. Do you have a humidifier? Maybe that would help your congestion?

@Mrs. Pen: thanks for the happy thoughts and well wishes!

@lolabee: From what I've heard bloody show is a pretty good sign that your close! That's very exciting! Keep us posted.

Me and DH spent the day cleaning and doing some last minute stuff around the house. I still have a few small things I want to do tomorrow but I guess we're ready! I was really hoping all the activity today would start labor but so far no dice. I can't believe that tonight is my last sleep in my bed without baby being here. I'm kind of nervous about going to the hospital tomorrow night but im gonna try my best to relax and go with the flow. Just hoping they have a bed for me and we don't get delayed. I'm gonna do my best to keep you guys updated. Yikes!

35. immabeetoo

honeydew / 7687 posts

@ladyfingers: lurking as a nov mama - your little guys in the same hat and blanket as mine was!! Adorable congrats!

36. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@ladyfingers: Oh my gosh I'm so behind on this thread but CONGRATULATIONS mama!!!! He is PRECIOUS!!! Can't wait for your amazing birth story! So who won the bets that ladyfingers would be next? This board is gonna get FUUUN!

37. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@JerricaBenton: @JessiBee: @Baby Boy Mom: @lolabee: @tororojo: @Phillybaby2013: Thanks ladies! I got a Z-Pak, and though I'm only on day 2, I think it's starting to kick in. Well, it's either that or the donuts.

@lolabee: Yay! Looks like you're getting close. I know that the bloody show means something different for everyone, but I think the general guideline is labor will start 24-48 hours. You could have a baby any time now!!

I can't believe we're starting to have our babies... we're going to have to make a postpartum thread soon - how weird!

38. thatwife

olive / 62 posts

@lolabee: Well with my first I started losing my plug on his due date, and delivered about 48 hours later. This time I started losing my plug around the same time, but now I'm approaching 72 hours later and no sign of baby! So I think it really varies.

No progress from me other than the plug. So frustrating! We'll start talking about inductions options (natural first, then medical) at my midwife appointment on Friday. There is still plenty of time for this LO to make an appearance before then though!

39. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@lolabee: I don't really have any idea about the mucus plug. I think it varies. With my first I didn't or didn't know that I lost it at any point before labor though.

@Phillybaby2013: I'll be thinking of you tonight. Keep us updated

I've officially turned the corner from trying to get stuff done in anticipation to ready to be done bad-mood-dom. Everybody/thing is getting on my nerves and I am super uncomfortable in pretty much every position. Ugh. Thanks for listening.

40. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@Phillybaby2013: thinking of you! hope everything goes well *hugs*

@photojane: Getting sick so close to our due dates is awful. I was down with a sore throat and runny nose and drinking honey lemon ginger tea helped! But donuts do too

@ladyfingers: I just absolutely love your birth story! You're such a strong mama! I'm so glad that you didn't have to go through any of the interventions you were worried about! How are you doing with your new bundle of joy?

Well I'm 39weeks and 1 day! No signs of labour. Nada. Baby lantern is too comfy in there. Lost my (clear) mucus plug at 36 weeks but that's it. Hope to hear some exciting updates from you guys!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee