Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

We had our NT scan yesterday and everything looks great! Baby was moving around like crazy and it was very cool to watch. We should get results back by the end of the week. I'm excited to really start telling people, although I feel like I already look obviously pregnant. The doctor guessed girl, but she said that she thinks a lot of other people would have guessed boy... so, still up in the air on sex.

2. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@ms.line: Fun! I love how much more baby-like they look now.

3. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@kiddosc: I know, it's really cute! I'm getting excited, too - it's finally starting to feel "real" to me.

4. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@ms.line: @kiddosc: Congrats on your successful NT scans and beautiful sonograms! It's so much fun to see them dancing around, isn't it?

5. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ms.line: @kiddosc: yay for ultrasound pics, they look great!

6. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Congrats everyone! I am a teacher and I started going back in this week so I am going to be busy! Hopefully, the weeks till our anatomy scan pass quickly.

Got the call today (8 days later) that our bloodwork for the NT scan all came back great.

7. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ladybee: that's great about the bloodwork! i have my second midwife appt tomorrow morning, so i am pretty sure i will get the results from my NT scan tomorrow, i am a little nervous!

8. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@saboma: Thanks!
    @ladybee: Yay!
    @californiadreams: Thanks - and don't be nervous! They made it really clear today that if something is wrong I'd hear from them quickly - if you've heard no news, I'm sure it's good news!

9. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: awww! Hi, baby! Congrats on a good ultrasound!

@kiddosc: a week from today! ❤️ What a gorgeous ultrasound! How exciting!

@ladybee: congrats on the good results! Yay!

@californiadreams: good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Since my NT scan isn't til next week, can you all share with me how it went? Did you have to drink lots of water?

10. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@Crystal: i have no clue why i wrote my appt was THIS morning...it is tomorrow (thursday) morning! I will report then about my results, lol.

11. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: I called ahead and they told me they "like to have some urine in the bladder." So I went in with a pretty full bladder and 30 seconds into the ultrasound the tech stopped because my bladder was TOO full - she said I would be uncomfortable and baby didn't have as much room to move. I went and did a half-pee and then we proceeded. To get the NT measurement baby has to be in a very specific position, and my LO was being less than cooperative! The tech jiggled my belly, instructed me to cough, etc, and baby just didn't care. Finally she tipped me backwards on the table, and that finally got him moving all around! She took the NT measurement several different times, along with a crown-to-rump measurement and the heart rate. She was really nice and narrated to me what she was looking for the whole time (my ovaries, my kidneys, the baby's head, the baby's arms and legs, the nasal bone, etc.) It took her about a half hour to get all the shots she needed, and then she left me on the table while she went to quickly review the scans with a doctor to make sure there was nothing else they wanted to see (she kindly reassured me that everything looked fine, this was just protocol). She came back a few minutes later and told me the doctor said everything looked good and they settled on an NT measurement of 1.3mm. Then she printed some photos and congratulated me and that was it! It was a nice visit.

12. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: sounds like a great appt! Did they give any gender guesses? Did you get to hear the heartbeat or just see it?

@californiadreams: lol, pregnancy brain! Good luck tomorrow then!

13. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: We're team green so I didn't ask, but she didn't offer any gender guesses anyway. We only saw the heartbeat - hoping I get to hear it at my next midwife appointment in two weeks.

14. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: i didn't realize you were team green as well! High five!

15. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal:

16. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@Crystal: They didn't have any requirements for me and asked me if I wanted to use the bathroom before we went back. I thought it would be a quick in and out, but like Msline said, they needed baby in a very specific position to get the measurement. I needed to roll from side to side and cough to try to get baby to move too. We got to see baby moving around and she took lots of different measurements and described to us what she was seeing. It was a lot of fun to get to see baby looking more like a baby and being active in there. After the scan, they pricked a finger and needed 5 drops of blood on a piece of paper for the test. Then we were on our way. We got a call with the results yesterday already, so a 48 hr turn around time. Everything looked great!

17. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

Glad to hear all of the good NT results! Just got a call from my NP with our Harmony results - everything was perfect. Then she asked if I wanted to know gender so I put her on speaker with my husband and M and we found out its a boy! I'm actually kind of shocked and feel like I don't know anything about boys but we're very excited! Time to think of some boy names

18. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@fancyfunction: Congratulations!! I love being a boy mom!

19. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@fancyfunction: congrats, momma!

@kiddosc: thanks for sharing! Seems like it's going to be kind of fun, I can't wait to see the baby!

20. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

I finally got to hear the heartbeat today, woohoo! It was good at 155 I had my second midwife appointment and she found it with the doppler no problem. My blood pressure was also good which is always a relief since i have pre-existing high blood pressure. Although i took it at home last night and it was quite a bit higher but i don't think i relaxed long enough before taking it. AND i got all good results back from my NT scan and bloodwork....so today was a very happy appointment overall

@fancyfunction: congrats on having a boy!!

@Crystal: when I booked my NT scan, they told me to drink 1 litre of water an hour before my appointment i think and not to pee after. It wasn't so bad. I remember with my first pregnancy having a harder time with the anatomy scan because the exam is so much longer and i had to pee soo bad, they finally let me go pee a little bit out for relief.

21. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@californiadreams: @Crystal: @kiddosc: thanks ladies - we're excited! One and one and now we're done

22. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@californiadreams: I hate the whole "drink a bunch of water and then we're going to push on your belly really hard" thing! Congrats on great results!

@fancyfunction: lol, yay!

23. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@fancyfunction: @californiadreams: @kiddosc: Glad to hear about all the good results! And our first gender reveal!

February 2016 Mamas
    February 1: mrsclownfish (#2), zombiebullfrogholler (#2)
    February 5: mrskrumpet (#2)
    February 6: pachamama (#1)
    February 7: goosebee (#1)
    February 8: saboma (#1)
    February 9: californiadreams (#2)
    February 10: ellie (#2)
    February 11: ladybee (#2), emilie765 (#2)
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2), kelley_lovelikecrazy (#2)
    February 15: bella214 (#1)
    February 19: mrs. eagle (#2)
    February 20: mrs. kiwi (#2)
    February 22: cobee (#2)
    February 23: temperancebrennan (#1), kiddosc (#2)
    February 25: misolee (#2)
    February 26: ms.line (#1)
    February 28: crystal (#1), fancyfunction (#2)

24. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@fancyfunction: Yay for !!! Even though we aren't finding out, I love hearing what sex others are having. (ETA - that sounds perverted, I mean if people are having boys or girls )

My NT scan was this morning. They didn't tell me anything about drinking water. After the meeting with the geneticist, I had to wait for the sonographer and she told me not to pee.

Everything looks good. Measuring right on track and a BP of 159. Baby would not stop moving so all of the photos are blurry. She said I should have no problems with kick counts in the future. Should hear back about the results by Tuesday.

25. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: adorable pic even if blurry

26. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@fancyfunction: Congrats on your boy! How exciting!!

@TemperanceBrennan: That's a beautiful-looking baby, right there!

Glad to hear about everyone's great appointments and results! We just had our first appt with the midwife this week and I really loved her! She took the time to answer all our questions (we have a lot...) and really spoke to both of us (rather than just me). And we got to hear the heartbeat again! We remembered to record it on my phone this time, and I can't stop listening to it. I love that sound! And at the end, you can hear the midwife saying "That's a nice strong heartbeat." It was a nice 155, so I'm pleased with that.

How are everyone's symptoms? My fatigue has pretty much subsided; I'm still tired at night and going to bed early, but have a lot more energy during the day. And I'm hungry all the time! Oh and my emotions are even crazier! Crying a lot...

What an exciting ride we're all on!

27. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@saboma: that's such a good idea to record the HB! i am totally going to do that the next time!

28. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

I am so glad to hear about everyone's amazing appointments and congrats @fancyfunction on your boy!

I am back to work this week so I feel so busy and time is flying by. I am just counting down the days to our gender scan!

29. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: @saboma: @ms.line: thanks all! So weird to be the last due date of the month with the first gender reveal

30. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@ladybee: thank you!!

31. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: yay baby pictures!

@saboma: We have teddy bear that plays lo#1's heartbeat. It's so fun to listen to.

My fatigue is out of control lately. By the time I get home I'm too tired to function... which doesn't work great with a three year old. DH works until 8:30, so I'm solo every night. I really miss my first pregnancy when I could just come home and crash. I totally cried to DH last night, I feel like I'm failing at being a mom and a wife right now. And then I feel silly, cuz I know so much of that is just hormones right now. Ugh, I can't wait until the "magical" second trimester.

32. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

I'm bleeding. At the ER now. Any prayers are appreciated...

33. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: Oh my gosh, sending you and that baby tons of good thoughts!

34. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@Crystal: Praying for you

35. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: @kiddosc: Thank you. I'm so scared...

36. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@Crystal: sending prayers

37. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@Crystal: hi crystal I'll be praying for you ❤

38. misolee

persimmon / 1345 posts

Experiencing insomnia so I logged on HB....

@crystal: sending prayers and good wishes!

39. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@Crystal: sending good thoughts and prayers. How's it going? So sad to wake up to this. Hope you're doing ok!

40. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: praying hard for you and baby!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee