Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: @ms.line: i think i am going to do a FB announcement after the anatomy scan and find out the gender. That's what i did for LO#1. I will be too excited not too, but now i feel too cautious to post anything.

2. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: it makes sense that bleeding would mean that. I'm so afraid of that.

@californiadreams: I was thinking of waiting till then. It'll be September 14th for us. I could use the same photo if I wanted but I'll be back to work and at a friends wedding before then. I can not handle people whispering about me so I'd rather just put it out there. If something goes wrong, then so be it.

3. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: If it's any consolation, I just read a piece of research today that stated there's a .5% chance of miscarriage after a normal NT scan. Of course some women will still experience it, but it's very rare.

4. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ladybee: oh, i am not waiting to tell people face to face. I just meant my official facebook announcement. Half my coworkers already know and i am telling my manager on monday. And I have been pretty much telling my friends as i see them from as soon as i found out! I just feel like after the FB announcement EVERYONE knows, so i feel too cautious for that right now. And by the time I do it, all the important and less important (but local i guess) people will already know.

5. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: that does. I like data.

6. misolee

persimmon / 1345 posts

Good to hear everyone is getting good scans!

I'm going to my first regular OB appt tomorrow after 'graduating' from my RE and I'm confused at what to expect. Does anyone know? I'll be 11 weeks. With my first, I went to a different OB and they confirmed pregnancy at 7 weeks and they did a dating ultrasound, then bunch of blood work. But I already did that at the RE so what should I expect tomorrow at 11 weeks?

On another note: we might do a close friend announcement through email. What do you guys think of this?
    Im thinking of taking a pic of my LO1, wearing her fake doc glasses, and pretending to read a book that said 'BIG Sister'. Wording would be something like, "studying to be a big sister. Final exam coming in February'

7. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@misolee: my OB doesn't do much. At my 10 week visit it was just a Q and A appointment. After my 12 week scan I had a ton of bloodwork done. I go back at 14 weeks and was warned that I'd have a pelvic exam and pap smear done.

8. misolee

persimmon / 1345 posts

@ladybee

Thanks for the info. That's good to know bc I feel like that's what will happen tomorrow. Just a urine test and Q&A. Maybe a heartbeat with the Doppler? I feel like I've been spoiled with ultrasounds at every appt at the RE

9. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@misolee: we worked with an RE for my son. Those appointments were much more exciting!!

10. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@misolee: I was definitely spoiled by the RE! At my first midwife appointment at 10 weeks, she just asked me boring questions, took my BP and weight, and unsuccessfully tried to find the heartbeat via Doppler I'm current on paps so she said she won't do another until I'm post-partum.

11. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: can you just post photos of your bday/whatever and let them speak for themselves vs. an announcement?

12. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: That was my first thought actually (great minds ), but I'll be seeing extended family for Thanksgiving and Xmas, and I'm *sure* they'll end up posting photos of me then (we do a bunch of different group photos every year.) I could ask them not to post them, but that seems un-fun. Oh well, I guess I have a while to think about it.

13. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Is anyone else emotional this pregnancy? I am super emotional this time around. I've pretty upset with DH and while my feelings were justified, my over reaction was not. Ugh.

14. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@ladybee: Holy cow, I was going to post something about this last night, but I fell asleep.

I'm pretty emotional normally, but this pregnancy has been crazy. It's not even stuff in my life which is pretty calm right now, but I will sob at the drop of a hat. I was watching the Newsroom and it was the episode about Gabby Giffords and even though I knew what happened, I was sobbing for at least 10 minutes.
    I cried (a lot) while reading a blog post by Yellow Brick Home about a makeover they did for a dog rescue group.
    Last night I cried (not tearing up, but legitimately cried) about a cheese commercial. It wasn't even a sad cheese commercial. It was just "We're good at making cheese!"

15. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: I'm a pretty emotional/sensitive person to begin with so this is just that x100.

16. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@ladybee: @TemperanceBrennan: I've totally been super emotional too! And I'm not usually that emotional, so it's been a major surprise. I was reading a fun book about a journalist who moved to Paris after she fell in love with a Frenchman; she was describing her going to the market every day to buy food to make dinner that night, and I started sobbing. About vegetables and the market. So silly. Yay hormones!

17. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: Hahaha, yes. I haven't been irritable, just easily heart-wrenched. Yesterday I saw some third-party post on Facebook about an old dog who had cancer and I just started crying at my desk at work! The cheese commercial is too funny....

18. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Anxiety is lifted! I was able to find the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler.

19. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@ladybee: Oh that's great!! You must be so relieved. It's an amazing sound! Very happy for you!

20. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@misolee: i love that email announcement idea! sounds adorable!

@ms.line: you described a play by play of my first midwife appt too at 10 weeks, lol.

@ladybee: i;ve definitely had some emotional ups and downs. There was a period of 3 days where i felt so depressed it was like a physical pain in my chest and i could cry at the drop of a hat. Now it's better, but i have still have my moments. i am trying to get good sleep, eat, and be active as i find when i am better at those things, i feel better emotionally too.

21. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ladybee: yay for the heartbeat!

22. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@ladybee: Wonderful!

23. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

so when is everyone telling their coworkers/managers?

My manager has been on vacation and is back next week. I am planning to tell her then. I just can't decide if i should do it in early in the week (we have a team meeting on Tuesday so i can ask to speak to her after). Or wait until after Thursday when I have my midwife appt and get the results back from my NT scan.

I am a little nervous as i essentially got pregnant my first month on the job. I had been trying for about 7 months and then switched jobs and got pregnant immediately. It is also a job I used to have (but different manager back then who got fired and then i applied to come back) and when i started this job the first time, i was 7 months pregnant! so i have never worked here a full year yet without leaving! and here i go again.

24. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@californiadreams: I work in a small office with 7 other guys and I've been with this company (as the only woman in this office) for six years. Two of my co-workers have had babies, but both only took two weeks off. There is a huge focus on meeting sales goals for the next fiscal year (Sep 2015 - Sep 2016) and me being out will surely affect things.
    I think that everyone will be happy for me, but I'm really worried about how it is going to play out. My boss and I have been talking a bit lately about promotions and I'm a bit paranoid about subconscious gender discrimination and maternity leave putting the breaks on my upward momentum. I also don't know how to ask for a raise during my review in December when I'll be leaving for maternity leave in just two months.

All that to say, I don't know for sure when to tell them. I'm not showing at all and will definitely wait until after my 12 week NT scan.

25. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@misolee: adorable idea!

@ladybee: yay! How fun! I found my baby's heartbeat on the Doppler last night, and it's just awesome. I'm not super sad-emotional, but I am super irritable. Poor DH!

@californiadreams: does your hr have any rules about leave or job protection? I might check in with them before I tell my manager...

I told my boss at about 5/6 weeks when I had the bleeding episode. I was only at my new job about 3 months, and I'll be giving birth before my year anniversary. She knows about our fertility struggles due to my dr appts, and has been nothing short of supportive and amazing.

@TemperanceBrennan: 2 weeks?!?!?!

26. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@Crystal: They were the dads! I believe their wives took at least 12 weeks. I don't work with any women, so there is no standard of how much is average.

27. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@californiadreams: I have my annual review coming up in early/mid September, so I'm going to try to wait until after then! (I have no idea if I'll be showing at 15/16 weeks?) My boss is pretty cool but once she knows I'm pregnant, she knows I won't be leaving this job anytime soon. I'm trying to get as much of a raise as I can!

28. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ms.line: i have a review coming up too as we get one after 3 months on the job. I am not worried about it, but at the same time I do wonder if i should until after then to tell her. My manager is super nice and is expecting a ton of mat leaves to come up though (and has said so) as our team consists mostly of young women!

@Crystal: I'm in Canada, so job protection is not an issue. I get a full year off and my job actually tops up what the government gives me for the first 6 months that I am off. So i have no reason to actually be nervous. It's more i am worried about being judged because this is the second i am starting this job pregnant essentially (well this time it took me 3 weeks to get pregnant instead of starting at 7 months pregnant!).

29. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: that makes more sense, lol. I thought you were talking about the moms!

@ms.line: smart to try to get the raise in!

@californiadreams: I see what your saying. They have to know these things happen, so I hope they are nice about it!

has anyone talked names again/yet? DH and I have a long list going.

30. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: Haha, yeah, we've been talking about names for years! We have our girl first names narrowed down to a couple I really love, but we're having a harder time with boy names. I have a bunch I like, but none I really love.

31. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: ugh, us too! We have a girl name pretty close to decided, but it's going to be an awful fight for boy names! We just don't have the same boy naming style.

32. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@Crystal: we haven't talked about it at all. I don't want to think about names until I know the gender. Last time I got attached to the girl name I was hoping to use and then we had a boy. So this time I'm just going to think about it once we know what we are having. Although the girl name I wanted last time still appeals to me, I'm no sure it does for DH.

Is anyone going to share the name before baby is born? We kept it a secret last time and will do so again this time.

33. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: You inspired me - DH and I just spent the better part of the day hunkering down on boys names and we have two first name/middle name combos that I really like!

@californiadreams: I'll probably tell my brother and a few of my closest friend (and HB!) what names are in the running, but I'm definitely not going to tell people widely.

34. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

For those of you who have already had NT scans, what should I expect? How long was your appointment, did you need to have a full bladder, did your tech make any observations about baby (or specific comments on nucheal folds or nasal bone), how much blood did they draw, and when did you get your results back? The doctor's office mailed me a letter about the screening, but it was SO unhelpful! Thanks!

35. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: I had to drink 16oz an hour before the appointment. The u/s was about 45 minutes and then you have to get bloodwork the same day. Baby will look like a baby, it's awesome!

ETA: it was 9 things of blood and results take a week. They told us that everything on the scan indicated low risk.

36. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: ETA - Awesome, thank you!

37. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: I got the easy stuff back like STDs and blood type. Monday will be a week so I hope to get the call then

38. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ladybee: who gave you that info? Did your regular dr do your NT scan? I'm being sent to a special doctor that's pretty far away.

And I had a bunch of bloodwork done today, but my scan isn't for another week and a half.

@ms.line: when is yours?

39. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@californiadreams: will you share with us?! I think I'll keep it mostly quiet.

40. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: we had to go to a maternal fetal medicine doctor. They specialize in it. They said you have to do the bloodwork the same day.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee