Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

I'm too scared too lol! I am a little more hippie with the drug free preferences.. But too acres if something goes wrong with me or baby u know? One rule in labor and delivery is you just never know what will happen!!

2. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@ms.line: @Crystal: @mrs.kiwi: my strong preference would definitely be to deliver at home. I just don't like hospitals and I'd be so much more comfortable in my own environment. But I definitely want there to be a CNM present rather than a lay midwife, and that's proving hard to find in MA as well. Plus the whole insurance/cost issue is making me consider natural birth center in the hospital, with midwives. I'm not too worried about medical emergencies, as I live so close to the hospital that it's be easy to get there quickly.

3. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@saboma: agreed that I don't like hospitals and prefer home. I know I've given birth before but I feel like this is my first time since for my first I labored at home and only did pushing at hospital.. I'm nervous about having to labor at the hospital this time around (bc this time my husband will ensure we get there QUICKLY)

4. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@saboma: @mrs.kiwi: I totally understand. I think birth is definitely one of those things where you want to have a "just in case" plan in place!

5. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Had my 12 week scan today. Baby was sleeping and didn't move around much but everything checked out great. Much to my disappointment, they refused to guess gender. I go back September 14th for the anatomy scan.

6. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: Glad to hear your scan went well!

7. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@ladybee: sorry u couldn't did out gender but baby's good so HOORAY

8. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ladybee: yay for great scans!!! Sad about no gender guesses, do you have any inklings?

9. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

Our next scan is two weeks from today! (Which is also the day we will announce to our families!!!) time is moving soooooooo sloooooooowly.

10. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: Girl, I know. My NT scan is one week away, and time is moving backwards. I think we're going to announce to my extended family if we get good results on the NT.

11. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

Finally catching up a bit. We're getting so close to the second trimester! Can't come soon enough.

We told my family this weekend because we live out of town and were able to tell them in person. They were super surprised and it was fun to see how excited they were - the first grandchild on that side.

Some sad news, my friend from college just miscarried at 10.5 weeks. We started TTC at the same time and I just found out (I didn't know she was pregnant). She was three weeks ahead of me. They don't know I'm pregnant yet, and I hate to think that me being pregnant will make them sad.

12. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@ladybee: Yay for good scans!

@Crystal: You better post pictures of your cake and your family's reaction!

@TemperanceBrennan: It's so fun to be able to tell people. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully they can be happy for you, even if it's not right away.

My NT scan is scheduled for the 13th. We're going on vacation to a big family reunion on the 19th, so I'm glad we'll be able to see baby again before then and know that everything is going ok.

I'm a second time momma and I swear my belly is huge! I've told some people earlier than I did the first time because I feel like it's already so obvious. I lost quite a bit of weight between #1 and this pregnancy, so I've just been wearing all my old fat clothes. Pretty soon I'm going to have to switch over to real maternity clothes though.

13. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@kiddosc: I've been in maternity for several weeks now. I didn't have any fat clothes so I just switched.

@TemperanceBrennan: that is such sad news. As a teacher, I work with women who have had loses at 14, 17 and 20 weeks. It haunts me.

14. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: Awwww! How exciting!

@TemperanceBrennan: so sad. My BILs family had a baby due two weeks earlier then the one I lost. I'm not going to lie, it's still hard to hear about the baby and see it, but my BIL has been super sweet about it which has made it so much easier. I think being there to support them in whatever capacity they are comfortable with is all a good friend can do. I'm so sorry for her loss.

Did you tell you immediate family? Announce in any special way? How exciting!

@kiddosc: I will! I'm so excited!! You have perfect timing with the NT scan and the family reunion.

We may have to start a Feb 2016 bump pics thread soon! Though I don't have a bump at all yet.

15. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: Thats so true. @TemperanceBrennan: I had a friend due 11 days after I was due with my loss. It was hard and I had to back away from the friendship again. Three years later we are friends again and all is well. Getting pregnant again and having my son really helped me.

16. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: i;m just catching up and wanted to say welcome! our EDDs are just one day apart

17. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@mrs.kiwi: welcome to you as well!

i am reading through and from page 12 and replying to one thing at a time so i don't lose track, so i apologize now for the multiple posts i am going to write

18. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: so sorry to hear about your friend

19. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@kiddosc: i am definitely showing earlier this time! I remember with my first pregnancy, i went on a job interview at 20 weeks i think and was able to hide the pregnancy in the interview. now i am only 12 weeks and i have a small bump and the bloating is so out of control that by evening i look 8 months pregnant. i can suck it in a bit, but not all the way which tells me part of it is bump.

20. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

so my update is that we moved into our first house this past weekend! so much to do now, it's crazy, that's why i haven't been online much. But i am so excited for all the extra space we have, especially with this baby on the way. And I am even more excited for our pool in the backyard - my childhood dream!

I went to see an OB today. My primary care provider is my midwife but because i have pre-existing high blood pressure (have had it since my mid-20s and i am almost 35 now), i also have to see an OB to monitor my blood pressure and medication. She was nice which is already a bonus over my OB from my first pregnancy And i asked to listen for HB, but she couldn't find it on the doppler so she had an ulstrasound machine and tried there! so i unexpectedly got to see the baby!!! I was so excited. Only a glimpse and still couldn't find the HB but we saw the baby move and she was not worried at all. She said she finds it is harder to find the HB early on after a previous c-section. And she didn't try for very long to find it.

I have my NT scan tomorrow, so hopefully we can hear something then, fingers crossed!

21. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ladybee: those types of losses keep me terrified. You can't ever breathe easy, I guess. I'm so glad your son has helped you heal a bit. ❤

@californiadreams: how exciting for the NT scan! I hope you get some good pictures!

22. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@californiadreams: it's the same for me, between the bloating and the weakened abs, I already look 5-6 months. So I finally broke down and bought maternity clothes. Most people at work know now, so I'm just going to stop trying to hide it and let myself be comfortable in clothes without a waistband.
    Glad to hear you like your OB and good luck with the NT scan today!

Yay for everyone's good scans!! I get to meet my midwife next week, I'm very excited.

23. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@kiddosc: @ladybee: @Crystal: @californiadreams: Thanks for the kind thoughts for my friend.

@californiadreams: Excited about your scan today! Can't wait to hear updates!

@Crystal: @ladybee: After my ultrasound at 9.5 weeks, my ob said that statistics show that there was only a 5% likelihood of miscarriage after that point. It's definitely jarring to know women personally that have experienced a later miscarriage anyway. It's not fair and just heartbreaking. My friends are planning to try again right away. I hope they don't have any additional heartache.

24. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

Glad to hear everyone's doing well! I have the Harmony test tomorrow where we also get to find out gender. My nausea is subsiding somewhat, which is great. I'm just past 10 wks and still only have a bloat bump at night - but I guess I'm not complaining Bought some new maternity leggings yesterday since I figure I'll be living in them come fall!

25. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@fancyfunction: exciting that you get to know the gender so soon! I totally loved my maternity leggings with my first pregnancy and pretty sure I'll be wearing them weekly this fall too!

26. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

I just had my NT scan. Heartbeat looked good! I couldn't hear it still as the tech said its no longer advised to listen to the HB with an ultrasound machine this early on. Has anyone else been told that? She said its not the same as using a Doppler as with the machine there is risk to damage the heart structure. We could see the HB pumping on the screen and that put me at ease.

I also have a new due date! I was bumped up to February 9. Which is funny because that's the date based on LMP, but based on ovulation it would have been Feb. 13 and my midwife had went with that. oh well. I wonder if it's also because of my short luteal phase. If I deliver late again I can still have a valentine baby! And I'm excited to officially be in the 2nd trimester.

Here are the pics from my scan :). The last one is a shot of the full face and I totally think I'm carrying an alien now!

27. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Thinking of using this as our FB announcement tomorrow. What do you guys think? I'm not creative at all.

28. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

29. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@ladybee: I think that's super, super cute! I love when people include older siblings in announcements and it's simple and summery. Love it!

30. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@californiadreams: his exciting! Hi baby! That's really odd about the ultrasound heartbeat. So do they do the ultrasound then listen on the Doppler? Or just look at the heartbeat on the ultrasound?

@ladybee: what a cute announcement!! I love it!!!

My coworker just shared she's miscarrying at 14ish weeks.

31. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@californiadreams: yay for a great scan and heartbeat! My due date was also bumped up with my scan, which threw me off. But I'm used to it now. You're just one day behind me now!

I forgot to post my pictures of my scan, so here they are. I love that on one, baby looks like The Thinker by Rodin, and on the other, like it's lounging in a hammoc (just like daddy!). We'll see which personality actually comes out!

32. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@Crystal: for my scan, they just took a video of the heartbeat, and the machine counted from that, rather than listening. So I guess that's become standard.

So sorry to hear about your coworker, that's very sad.

33. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@ladybee: I love this. It looks great!

We probably aren't going to do an announcement on facebook. I told my immediate family by giving my brother a "Happy Birthday Uncle" card. It was really fun.

@Crystal: Ugh, so sorry to hear about your coworker.

@saboma: Love those ultrasound pics!

34. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: Thats horrible! Not to be insensitive, but how do you know at 14 weeks? I mean you don't get another u/s until 20 weeks and I'm assuming the 12 week went well. This happened to a women I work with and I couldn't ask. This is my biggest fear so I like to know. Another woman I work with went in for her 20 week scan and there was no heartbeat. Same thing for a girl I went to HS with. So incredibly sad.

35. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: I'm a teacher who left 4 weeks pregnant (I had known for a day) and I don't want to go back pregnant without people knowing. I hate attention so I'd rather get it over with via FB then face to face.

36. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@ladybee: That totally makes sense and I would probably do the same thing if I were you. I hardly post on Facebook ever, so I would feel weird doing it. I'm considering dropping it altogether or cutting down my friend list to only close family and friends.

37. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ladybee: i think its adorable and perfect! i almost want to photoshop my son in over yours and use it as my announcement, haha! obviously i won't do that of course.

@Crystal: the tech didn't offer to use a doppler so i didn't hear the HB. She showed it to me on the screen though and i could see the actual pumping. She said the rate was around 160 which was good. I am seeing my midwife next week for my second appt, so hopefully we can hear it on the doppler then. So sorry to hear about your coworker

@saboma: nice! and love your pics.

@ladybee: my guess would be she had some symptoms like bleeding and went to get checked out

38. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ladybee: I don't know. I was told she'd be coming to terms with it for a little bit, but she didn't want to go into details, which is understandable. I also hate attention, so I'm trying to come up with a way to announce so people know without making it a big deal.

@saboma: hi baby! Nice photos!

@TemperanceBrennan: we're they shocked? That's a great way to spread the news!

39. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: I know a woman who miscarried at 13 weeks and she found out because she started bleeding. That's still the #1 sign of miscarriage.

@TemperanceBrennan: I'm really torn on whether or not to do a FB announcement. I don't really want to, but I don't want to have to be policing photos of myself on FB through the holidays and my birthday. I'd rather "control the message" - I'm considering doing a post on/after Halloween.

40. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@californiadreams: @saboma: Hooray for good scans!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee