Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@misolee: congrats again! i remember the other thread you started when this was going on too

2. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@fancyfunction: congratulations! what a gorgeous face, i want to pinch those cheeks, lol!

3. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@kiddosc: congrats on Avery Mae! looks like you disappeared too after she was born, it's not too late to come back with pics!

4. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@GooseBee: congrats to you, he is beautiful and i love the name Lucien!

5. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ms.line: congratulations! and ya, she was totally late! hope you are doing well

6. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: congrats! i would still love to hear your story if you come back to share!

7. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

sorry if i missed anyone. i would love to hear from everyone on here to see how you are 1 - 2 months later!

i am starting to feel more normal these days and able to go out and do things with both my kids.

8. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@californiadreams: We are hanging in there! J has pretty bad reflux so she screams a lot/doesn't sleep much, which is taking its toll. On the plus(?) side, she's a comfort nurser, so she's gained almost three pounds in the past month. Also she's pretty dang cute. I'm finally starting to get out of the house with her more regularly, which is helping me feel semi-human. I can't imagine having to deal with a toddler right now, too - good job, lady!

9. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@californiadreams: Thanks! He's 5 weeks now and is a pretty easy baby! Last night he slept 7 hr!! Big sister is liking him a bit more each day

10. GooseBee

pea / 14 posts

@californiadreams: Thank you so much! How is everything going with you?

@ms.line: Lou is a comfort nurser too! I love the cuddles but it is exhausting!

11. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ms.line: that sounds tough, L won't take a pacifier so i sometimes feel like a human one which can be exhausting,,,so i empathize! i hope things get easier for you.

@fancyfunction: 7 hours, that is awesome! L has been all over the place with his sleep. one night we had 9.5 hours, and a few 7 hour stretches. but the past few nights, nothing more than 3 - 4 hours. sigh.

@GooseBee: things are going as expected, i am pretty exhausted but managing. It was definitely easier having one kid versus 2! i know this phase won't last forever and i am doing my best to enjoy the sweet moments in spite of the exhaustion.

12. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@californiadreams: thanks for getting us started again!

Im doing in general good.. Recovery was pretty good- I had a week of my husband home and a week with my mom.. Then the 3rd week my mil came by for a couple hrs each day to watch my toddler so I could nap.

Baby has been eating super well from the start and is bigger than her bro was at this age.

Had a loose schedule from early on and still on a flexible 3/3.5hr EASY schedule.

Going out almost every day now with both kids- wish baby slept well in car seat or stroller but not much luck so far.. She will nap in the ergo though but my back is starting to hurt.

In general she is milder than her bro and her cries are very sweet compared to his obnoxiously loud newborn crying at that age😋

If any of u ladies put ur babies on a loose schedule in curious to know what it's like? I'm wondering if I should pare down to 3 naps and start putting her down earlier.. Right now she naps around 8ish, 1130ish, 230ish, and that last nap is 630ish but not going so well... She will nap anywhere from 1-3 hrs except again that last 4th nap. She goes down for bed around 10

13. francypants

apple seed / 3 posts

So I am very new to this.. I wish I had known about this board back when I was preggo, but I'm hoping I can catch up

My LO was born Feb 2 so he is just about 12 weeks now. I don't have many friends with babies, so we've been very much on our own. I'm having a hard time with the nap schedule but we have an odd situation. I take him to work with me (which I'm super thankful I can do) but that means I wear him most of the day so all of his naps are on my chest.

So when we are home and I'd like to put him in his crib for a nap, we ride the struggle bus all the way to no-nap-land. He screams, gets over-tired, and we spend the entire nap time trying to get him to nap. Is it reasonable for me to want him to be able to nap in different situations (crib, carrier, carseat).. or should I just do whatever works right now and give it some time?

14. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@francypants: Hi, and congrats on your son! Honestly, this thread has really taken a hit since all the babies we born - you would probably get better responses to your question just starting a new thread. I say let him nap on you if that's working!

15. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@francypants: agreed with ms.line- start a new thread! I'm going to as well about my baby's sleep schedule haha..

But yes- I think it's very reasonable to want your baby to sleep in the crib/car seat etc. especially because sleeping in a non-movement quiet space is the most restorative sleep. Does he sleep in the crib for bedtime?

I woukd try napping baby in crib once a day at first- and depending how that goes letting him catch up on sleep in the carrier. Many sleep sites suggest doing that for the first nap when babies are less fussy/easier to put down but not sure if you can since you bring him to work..

Def start a new thread though as others' experiences should be super helpful!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee