Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@ms.line: thanks!! yep, it's my first, and he's a boy! we have it narrowed down to two names but can't seem to pick between them, which is weird for me since i'm normally allergic to indecision.

2. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@nellywm: I'm sure once you meet him your name choice will be easy! I think it's too hard to settle definitively on a single name before you even get to lay eyes on your LO,

Hope your little guy makes his debut soon! I still have 12 days until my due date and I'm already feeling nuts. I just wish I were able to sleep, but alas!

3. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Births
    January ??: pachamama (#1)
    January 27: ellie (#2)
    February 4: mrsclownfish (#2) Miriam Florence; saboma (#1) Eléonore Mair; ladybee (#2) Connor James
    February 9: californiadreams (#2) Liam James
    February 12: misolee (#2)
    --------
    Due Dates
    February 1: zombiebullfrogholler (#2)
    February 5: mrskrumpet (#2)
    February 7: goosebee (#1)
    February 11: emilie765 (#2)
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2) , kelley_lovelikecrazy (#2) , nellywm (#1)
    February 15: bella214 (#1)
    February 19: mrs. eagle (#2)
    February 20: mrs. kiwi (#2)
    February 21: red_seattle (#2)
    February 22: cobee (#2), mrsbphd (#1)
    February 23: temperancebrennan (#1) , kiddosc (#2)
    February 26: ms.line (#1)
    February 27: nywolfmama (#1 & #2)
    February 28: fancyfunction (#2) , sassymama34 (#2 & #3)

4. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@ms.line: oh man, sorry to hear you can't sleep! i have definitely been lucky that way this whole pregnancy, and i am sure that's helped me stay calm thus far...hope you are able to get some rest this weekend!

5. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@ms.line: Sorry you're not sleeping. I'm in the same boat - up every hour and can't get back to sleep. And M decided to wake up at 6:30 all weekend! 😁

6. red_seattle

kiwi / 549 posts

Hi ladies! Despite best efforts, there are no signs of Baby C arriving any time soon, and I was a marginal VBAC candidate anyway. With the bar exam coming up in a week and a half & a strong desire to establish breastfeeding a bit before that, my lactation consultant, OB & midwives all recommended this way to go. So, I'll be heading into a scheduled c-section tomorrow (2/15). I'm pretty nervous as compared to last time when there was so much else to focus on (the idea of strolling into the hospital and then the OR to go have a baby without any labor craziness is just so bizarre and surreal to me!) But, it seems inevitable. I'll update when I can!

7. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@red_seattle: Having a RCS makes a lot of sense given your unique situation! Hope everything goes wonderfully - looking forward to hearing about your new DD!

8. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@red_seattle: Exciting! Good luck!!

9. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@red_seattle: Good Luck today!!

10. Kelley_lovelikecrazy

cherry / 158 posts

Im the worst at updating. After my 'I don't want to be pregnant any longer" rant I had a Dr appt Monday and he wanted to induce Tuesday morning because of low fluid levels.

Emma decided she didn't want to be kicked out and came too fast for pain meds on Monday night. Not exactly the birth plan (my only plan was another epidural). Still need to take the time to write out the whole birth story on the blog.

Took us two days to decide on a name but finally let our 2 year old choose. Emma fits her perfectly. I'm in newborn heaven with all these cuddles and thinking about everyone who is still pregnant. They are so worth it!

11. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: Congratulations! Can't wait for those newborn snuggles!

12. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: Yay, congrats! So sweet DD1 chose her name.

13. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Births
    February 4: mrsclownfish (#2) Miriam Florence; saboma (#1) Eléonore Mair; ladybee (#2) Connor James
    February 8: kelley_lovelikecrazy (#2) Emma
    --------
    Due Dates
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2) , nellywm (#1)
    February 21: red_seattle (#2)

14. red_seattle

kiwi / 549 posts

Baby C____ F___ arrived this morning at 11:39am. The c-section took longer and was more uncomfortable than last time. Turns out an emergency c-section was easier for me. I was pretty loopy from the spinal block. My pain is finally under control 7.5 hrs after her arrival, so that's lovely. But she is beautiful and so very worth it all.

15. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Awww shes beautiful!! Congrats on your new lil girl

16. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@red_seattle: My mom had an emergency c-section with me and a scheduled c with my brother - she thought the emergency c was way easier, too! Glad they're managing your pain and that you and baby girl are both healthy - she's precious! Congrats!

17. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Births
    February 15: February 21: red_seattle (#2) C.F.
    --------
    Due Dates
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2) , nellywm (#1)

18. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@red_seattle: CONGRATS!! what a little darling. Hope you are able to recover quickly and establish breastfeeding in time for your bar exam!!

19. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: yay i'm glad she arrived earlier than later! congrats! emma is a sweet name

20. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@nellywm @mrs. kiwi @temperancebrennan @kiddosc: How are you ladies holding up? I'm getting really tired of all the baby comments at work, and I haven't even hit my due date yet! I'm so anxious/excited/uncomfortable and time seems to be grinding to a halt....

21. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@red_seattle: Congratulations! She is perfect! Best wishes for everything that is coming up for you. It will be a challenge, but you should be so proud!

@ms.line: Honestly, I'm feeling really good physically. No contractions at all, baby has very noticeable dropped, but besides the frequent peeing, it hasn't been an issue. I probably get up 4-5 times a night, but thankfully I can fall back asleep quickly.

The sucky thing for me has been work. We are super busy and I feel really guilty dumping all my work on the one other employee that is familiar with the projects I'm working on. I'm not sure they will continue to move forward according to schedule and I'm apprehensive about what will happen if something goes off track. I'm going to try to stay in the loop on my maternity leave, but I have no idea how realistic that is. I've been working 10-12 hours a day to try to wrap things up. It's a lot.

I finally feel like we have everything together for the baby, but the nursery isn't close to being finished. I'm disappointed we didn't get more done.

22. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@ms.line: Every day I've come into work for like the last 2 weeks, I have 4 people sigh and tell me they thought for sure I wouldn't be here today. I really felt like wearing a sign around my neck this morning that just says "Yes, I'm STILL here." My due date isn't even until next week. I've had some contractions here and there and got my membranes stripped at my 39 week appt on Tuesday. All that resulted in was some cramping and me losing more of my mucus plug (for the third time). She'll get here eventually, but I'm ready to not be pregnant now.

@TemperanceBrennan: I'm glad you're still feeling pretty good! It's so hard to feel like you're dumping all your work in someone else's lap. We're just getting nursery stuff done now. I'm not too worried about it. She'll be in our room to start off, has clothes to wear, diapers, and the carseat is installed. I figure that everything else can happen after she's here if it needs to.

23. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@kiddosc: Hahaha EXACTLY. Every day people lament that I'm "still here," as if they are somehow more inconvenienced than I am? And I've also had a ton of "When is the baby coming?" as if I have a gd crystal ball. Then there's the unsolicited advice like "You really should stop taking the bus to work" (a better alternative being???) and "You should keep backup pants at your desk." I definitely told DH I was going to start wearing a sign around my neck. Clearly I've lost all my good humor!

I asked my midwives if they would strip my membranes at my appointment today and then said not until I'm overdue. But my next appointment is at 39+6, and I'm really going to push for one then! I'm having cramps (contractions?), back pain, diarrhea, and some serious "nesting" bursts, but nothing escalates.

@TemperanceBrennan: It's great you're still feeling good! I wish I were in the same boat. Your work situation sounds rough, though! Please don't be too hard on yourself - it's amazing you're working such long hours and still maintaining your sanity!

24. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@red_seattle: I feel the same way. My RCS was much more difficult for me. I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

25. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

Congrats to all the new mommas!! I've lost track a little bit, it's been busy here with a newborn. Duh! What else was I expecting?!? But she's still super precious and doing new cute things every day. Can't wait for the rest of you to meet your LO's!

26. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@ms.line: feeling generally good! Of course tired and achey but able to do bare minimum each day. Had some "false alarms" (kind of.. I just felt very similarly to before I gave birth to my son so I thought this lil one would make her appearance soon).. But I think she's different from her bro already 😅 bc she's still snug in me. Was hoping for a vday baby but since that passed I don't care when she comes as long as she's healthy.

Yes people are just excited for us all aren't they 😋😉 haha. It's an exciting time this waiting game 😃

27. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: yes agreed with kiddosc. Maybe you might not keep your nursery plans and change things around when baby's here... You'll have a better idea of what you like and what baby needs. At least I totally scrapped my plans for my first!

28. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

hi ladies! sorry for the slow update, but so thrilled to say that baby teddy arrived on tuesday just after 5pm. he is perfect. i had been feeling a bit dizzy on sunday and monday, so called my doctor on monday to figure out what might be causing it. she wanted me to come right into the office, which of course spiked my blood pressure, so i was sent to the hospital to screen for preeclampsia, which i am so thankful i did not have! (not clear what caused the dizziness--i still think it was hormone spikes but my doctors seemed skeptical ) we came home, had dinner, went to sleep and woke up to my water breaking! it was a bit yellow so the doctor had us come right in and induced labor. i was a bit nervous about having labor induced, but it all went fine and teddy showed up about 15 hours later! we just got home today and it feels so, so good to be here. seems like teddy is quickly acclimating to his new environment; the cat, by contrast, seems a bit troubled. i think he will adjust soon.

29. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@ms.line @kiddosc @temperancebrennan i hear you guys, this is how people were for me for at least my last 3 weeks at work! i know they meant well, but so frustrating.

@temperancebrennan i especially feel your pain, i am in a very similar situation at work, and continue to have a lot of anxiety about the slack that needs to get picked up on my big cases. staying in touch hasn't really been possible yet but i'm hopeful that it will as things normalize. luckily everyone at work is really wonderful and supportive about it.

i was planning to work until the baby showed up, but i wound up basically calling it on my due date because i just didn't have the physical or mental energy to keep showing up at work and dealing with everyone past that date. luckily the baby showed up on the very next workday

30. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@nellywm: congrats on your teddy!

Our baby girl A was born this morning and we are so thankful for a healthy baby and mom. I mentioned before that with the birth of my son we had to rush to the hospital and barely made it in time to push. I can't believe it but it happened again but even crazier. I thought we were being conservative but it just took so much shorter (around 3 hours from "painful" 7-1-1 contractions til birth). We ended up driving to the closest hospital which is the county hospital... I was really trying hard not to push in the car and I seriously barely made it to inside the hospital (it seriously felt like she was going to fall out of me) when my water broke very dramatically right at the ER reception area. Like with a huge pop and a flood of water and a scream by me lol. As I was being quickly wheeled to L&D she was crowning and I was freaking out and the worker pushing me was panicking telling me I had to wait.. Anyway thankfully we made it.. They stripped off my clothes and put me on a bed and she came the rest of the way out.. We are just so thankful that she is healthy and that we did not give birth in the car or on the ghetto nasty parking lot of the county hospital haha.

31. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

And although she wasn't born on vday as I hoped she was born on her due date 😉

32. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Congrats MrsKiwi!! How scary she came so fast! She just couldn't wait to meet u

33. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@mrs.kiwi: Wow what an entrance!
    Glad you're both doing well 😀

34. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@mrs.kiwi: congrats! that's crazy that she came so fast, and right on time! what a good girl.

35. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@nellywm: Congrats! Welcome, Teddy! Great that your induction went so smoothly, and I hope your kitty comes to terms with his new reality.

@mrs.kiwi: Yay! Sounds like a pretty dramatic birth, but I'm glad your DD is here safe and sound! Congratulations!

36. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Births
    February 15: red_seattle (#2) C.F.
    February 16: nellywm (#1) Teddy
    February 20: mrs. kiwi (#2) A
    --------
    Due Dates
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2)

37. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@fancyfunction: How are you doing, mama? I'm trying to come to terms with my potential March baby - this month has felt so long!

38. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@ms.line: Good - thx! I'm about 1 cm and 50% effaced. Did a ton of walking this weekend in hopes of getting something started. But I have a feeling I may just make it to the end.

39. misolee

persimmon / 1345 posts

Hello all! I stopped following this thread in the middle of pregnancy bc I was too lazy to refresh to the end

Just wanted to pop in for an update.

I was due Feb 25. Friends, random ppl at church had been telling me that I was sitting low. I went in for my 38 weeks appointment on Thursday, Feb 11 with high hopes that I wouldn't have to go to 41 weeks like I did with LO1. I was trying for a VBAC and my doctor would not let me go past 41 weeks so a repeat csec was scheduled By that week. My hopes were dashed when the midwife I saw declared that I was only 1cm dilated and that it would be awhile. She even mentioned that if I wanted to, I can move up the csec date to an earlier time. I made an appt for the next two weeks, had lunch with a friend where I lamented my misery, went to Costco, and came home and took a nap with my LO1. Dinner was normal, bedtime was normal. I always wake up at 1am to take LO1 potty and that also was normal. Afterwards, I couldn't sleep bc I felt uncomfortable. After tossing and turning and feeling like I had to poop, I decided that this wasn't normal and woke up my husband and had him call babysitter, and the doctors office. The midwife I spoke with advised me to labor more at home but I sort of yelled back that were coming in. Bc I was attempting a vbac, I had to go to a hospital a little further away (30 min) and I made it to the hospital at 3:15am where my water broke as my husband signed me in. For some reason, even though I pre-registered, they couldn't find my info and I was sent to an admitting room for monitoring and questions. Let it be known, this entire time, I was asking for an epidural and they ignored me.

The admitting nurse was also the slowest and frustrating when asking me questions. I'm moaning and groaning from pain and she's asking me if I smoke or drink (basic questions like these). She also didn't check me until someone else came in and asked her about it. It took her at least 45 min to file the questions away in the computer, meanwhile my labor is quickly progressing, and she's asking me things like my last period date.

Finally, another nurse came asked if I had been checked and when I was, they wheeled me immediately to the labor room with them calling the midwife on the way. I got in the room prob around 4:45 and there's like a million ppl waiting including the midwife on call, the l&d nurses, surgery team just in case the vbac went wrong, and the baby team. I was so confused bc I was being put in a position to push and they were telling me when and how to push. When I asked for the epidural, I was told it was too late. 45 minutes of pushing later, LO2 was born at 5:30am, med free. I pushed so hard that blood vessels popped on my face and eyes (this eye thing takes several weeks to go away!). Besides that baby's healthy, moms healthy, and we are doing good.

Funny thing was the midwife I saw the day before was on shift at 7am and she came in and saw me. Her words, "this has never happened before"

40. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Wow that's crazy!! Glad everything went well n you got your vbac:) i cant believe its almost time for me!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee