Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Pumuckl: Glad your test results were good!
    Oh man, sorry for the crap sleep! I wonder if I'm tired from the pregnancy or just from having a toddler! DS quit sleeping in his crib (turned toddler bed since he was bailing) so is in our bed every night now once he wakes up MOTN. Luckily last night I was NOT getting kicked all night, lol.

2. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: Haha, I hear you on the getting kicked part. We had both B and J in bed with us tonight. At some point my DH decided to move to B's bed. I am never sure whether it is the first trimester kicking my butt or my 3y and 1.5y old

3. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@babybean404: @josina: welcome and congrats!!

@Pumuckl: that's great news!

I'm solo-parenting this week while dh is out of town, and omg the tantrums and clinginess this morning before/during daycare drop off was just on another level the nausea really started kicking in more over the weekend and this week is going to be rough! I decided to work from home today so I can sneak in a nap if I need to, haha. But, I have my first appointment on Thrusday so that is a huge bright spot to look forward to!

4. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@nana87: Solo parenting is hard! Is it just the workweek or the weekend too? Hope the nausea calms down and you have a good day.

5. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Pumuckl: It's the whole week, Sunday-Sunday, culminating with me taking lo on a flight by myself to meet up with dh since her daycare is closed next week for an extended July 4th holiday....fun fun fun, haha!

6. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@nana87: Oi, jupp sounds stressful Good luck on the flight? Have you done that before?

7. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Pumuckl: I've taken her on this same flight twice before and it hasn't been bad--it's a really short flight so she doesn't have to sit still too long. The logistics of getting all our stuff to the airport is the more challenging part!

8. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

So, my first doctors appointment will be a few days sooner!

I was hesitant to stick with the same OB given my history of loss and the fact that I find their lack of communication skills frustrating.

I got a recommendation from an IF group for someone else, so I'm trying him. They initially suggested July 13, but after I mentioned my anxiety and history of loss, they worked me in for Friday! I'll be 7w5d. I think I Oed on CD 16, so I'm prepared to measure slightly behind. But hopefully if I can get in soon it can ease some of the anxiety. I've been getting snippy with DH a lot easier the last few days.

9. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@nana87: Oh man, hope this week goes by fast/smoothly and you have a great July 4th vaca!
    @MaryM: Glad they are able to get you in sooner, I hope everything goes smoothly for you!! So sorry to hear about your losses.

10. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@nana87: it's good you know the ins and outs of traveling with a toddler though. My 3 year old is close to begging to being allowed to fly again. He loves it!

@MaryM: so glad to hear you found a practice that you are more comfortable with.

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Pumuckl: Well, I don't know if I'm comfortable with him yet, but at least I know I like that I can call and not have to leave a message, and that they're flexible and seem to respond to my concerns!

12. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

I'm terrible at keeping up on here already. But reading along!

My first appt is tomorrow and I'm anxious to just get in there and see if everything is ok so far. I'm super nauseous again today. And exhausted. Pregnancy is so glamorous!

13. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@MaryM: I switched Ob's this pregnancy also because I was frustrated by the office's lack of communication. First appt tomorrow with the new Ob, but at least I get a person when I call, and I can email, call, or text the Ob if needed. Much better than the old provider so far. Fingers crossed you like your new doc!

14. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@nana87: I'm ready to take a nap just reading your plans! Good luck!!

15. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: My fault I'm sorry, hope you really like you're new OB come Friday!

I wasn't sure how I was gonna like my new OB but it made a world of a difference that she called me personally yesterday. That earned her major plus points. So now just another week of waiting for my appointment...

I selfishly would have loved to have the first u/s before the weekend since I'll see my parents and siblings and they all live all over the place so it would have been fun to tell them in person. I don't feel comfortable sharing with them when I don't know whether there is anything in there...

@MrsA: Bummer about the nausea. Hope it's better today.

16. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Pumuckl: I was sort of on the fence about having a friday appointment. We're having a housewarming party on Saturday, so if things don't go as planned, it'll be impossible to hole up in my room all weekend. I think we have more than 100 people coming.

But if it's between Friday and July 13...I think I'll take Friday!

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: Yeah, I would take the Friday too! And I am keeping my FX so hard that you'll have an amazing outcome on Friday.

18. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

So I figured I'll get our due dates into a list. Feel free to correct or repost at any given time.

February 2017 mamas:

Feb 2 - nana87 (#2)
    Feb 5 - MrsA (#2)
    Feb 5 - MaryM (rainbow baby #1)
    Feb 11 - deerylou (#2)
    Feb 14 - gentlelunette (#2)
    Feb 14 - babybean404 (#2)
    Feb 16 - NorthStar (#2)
    Feb 16 - pumuckl (#3)
    Feb 19 - Cowandpig (#1)
    Feb 22 - josina (#2)

19. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Appointment today went well!! Little jellybean has a beautiful heartbeat. I'm so relieved.

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MrsA: Yay, that it great news!

21. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

You guys, my first u/s is in about 90 mins and I'm super anxious my chemical last winter has me totally freaked out that there's not going to be anything there. And with dh out of town, I feel so alone with this....

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@nana87: Hugs!!! Hope time flies by and I am sure everything will be fine!

23. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Pumuckl: thanks!

24. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@nana87: Ugh. I'd HATE it if DH couldn't go with me for ultrasounds! Good luck! It seems so soon for us to be going to scans already!

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@nana87: Thinking of you! I hope all will go well

26. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@MaryM: with lo's pregnancy he came to the "big" scans, like nt and anatomy scans, which are at the hospital, but my dr has an u/s machine at her office too and he can't come to every appointment. I should have realized I'd be more nervous today though than with lo!

@NorthStar: thank you!

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@nana87: I try to schedule appointments in the early morning when there's any kind of scan so DH can come. My old doctor only scheduled three scans (8 weeks/dating, 12 weeks/NT, and 20/anatomy)

I didn't ask him to go to the 16 week appointment and hadn't planned for him to go to later ones. But if we were going to get to see something, I figured he should be there.

Though really at 8 weeks, he has never had any idea what he's looking at. But I've wanted him there "just in case"

28. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@MaryM: yeah we will def think about scheduling later appointments when dh can come with, I think! With lo he was also out of town for the first appointment so maybe it's good juju haha

29. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsA: Awesome to hear the heartbeat! I can't wait for that, makes it really 'real'!
    @nana87: Hope everything goes perfectly for you! We're here!

Jealous of the early scans! I won't get one until 20 weeks.

30. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@nana87: crossing fingers for a great appointment!!

31. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

Thank you all!! just left the doctor and confirmed that there IS a baby in there! With a heartbeat! Measuring w a slightly later edd than lmp suggests ( 2/12 rather than 2/6)but she wasn't worried, said her measurements might be off or I may have ovulated late. She took a lot of blood including my progesterone and wants me back in 2 weeks just to check again-- she's super conservative w following up, which I love. So, I feel good for now but still a little anxious!

32. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Yay!!! Congrats!

33. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@nana87: That's great that she's following you so closely!

I've head that anything within a week of your EDD based on LMP is usually normal. There's no way to know when implantation happens.

All great news!

34. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@NorthStar: thanks!

@MaryM: thanks! And yeah, she said anything within a week is normal and she adjusts dates a lot early on. I love that she follows up so much! I'm so glad I randomly found her, she's a really great dr and a great personality fit for me

35. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@nana87: I'm hoping my new doctor might be willing to check in more often. I don't know if I can handle 4 weeks between appointments this time... His reviews say he's really great about communicating and making people feel at ease, so I'm hopeful!

36. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@MaryM: I hope so too for you!

37. Cowandpig

pea / 12 posts

I'm out. It's either a miscarriage in progress or ectopic. I'll know more in a few days.

38. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Cowandpig: I am so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers

39. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@Cowandpig: I am so sorry to hear that. All the best to you.

40. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@nana87: so happy for you!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee